5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#861 6 years ago

Mixed feelings about this one....like the cartoon artwork and nightmare theme...If the P/F is solid, will be spooky #3...But theme alone isn't selling this one for me.

#874 6 years ago

This summer? Are you in Australia? I thought I'd heard end of the year at earliest.

6 months later
#991 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I've got the code.
Just have one more mode to get in, then its fine tuning, bugs and the details.

Hope this doesn't delay RZ code from being finalized, especially a working infection mode. We're a year removed from RZ being released, and while v20/21 was leaps and bounds above the early releases, there is still work to do.

3 months later
#1224 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

I hope they bring more than 2 machines!
Less lines = more play = more orders! (easier said than done i know)

Unlike RZ, they will not be taking orders for Alice Cooper at TPF...So, I've been told.

1 month later
1 week later
#2013 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I could use some more gameplay. But if I'm being honest. After watching that video of Charlie playing. I'm having strong second thoughts about pulling the trigger. I think the few Alice Cooper's voice overs I heard were extremely monotone. And the shots looked like a lot of dead spots. Uggghb. Indecision.

I think I'm falling into this camp. I've been emailing KT for the past couple of months, on and off, expressing interest, and was ready to send my deposit today. But after watching that video, I think I'm out. There's just not much to shoot at. And the AC audio, if I'm begin honest, is awful. Very disappointed as I've been a huge Spooky supporter with AMH and RZ.

#2189 5 years ago

Congrats to everyone that got in on the pre-order. I bought AMH and RZLE, but am sitting this one out for the time being. I probably would have rolled the dice were it not for the video that Charlie posted. Was really disappointed in the lack of emotion of the AC callouts. Sounded like reading from a script between sips of coffee while reading over the paper. Once deadflip posts a video, maybe I'll be back on board. My gut feeling, no danger of these selling out. Count up all the pre-orders in this thread and it's less than 50. I doubt 10x non-pinsiders are on board with a $1K deposit. TNA has still not sold 500 units in a years time. Of course, would love to be wrong as I have nothing but admiration for Charlie and Co...hope they sell out this week. Will just pick one up on the secondary market

1 month later
#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Flipper force, like any magnetically derived force, is dependent on current, not voltage. If you can maintain the coil temperature, flipper power will approximately track with voltage. As the flipper coils heat up with constant use, resistance increases, current decreases, and force will decrease.
This problem will exist until somebody begins using closed loop current control on the flippers, the same way you control torque with motors.
You implement closed loop coil current control, and feed the coil rail with a SMPS that can provide the required current at low line voltage, and this lack-of-force problem can theoretically be eliminated. Only true mechanical wear will remain.

This is true, however, what's the quantitative loss of power due to resistant change vs voltage loss, both which affect the ultimate current delivered and thus the strength of the magnetic field. For example I had to fix a machine at the York show a few years ago due to voltage drop. I measured around 105VAC or almost a 15% drop in voltage. Will the resistance upon heat decrease as much as the voltage drop? Can a coils impedence change by 15% due to normal heat generation? Copper resistance changes by .393% per 1 deg C. So a 15% drop would need 38 Deg C or 100 deg F. Does a coil increase temp by 100 degrees F? I honestly don't know but now I'm curious.

2 months later
#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#413! Now for the wait. Detailed pics for those receiving games would be much appreciated...for now I have to live vicariously thru others.

You just ordered and are number #413? Guess we can put to bed that the game sold out or is near sold out. Only about 80% sold.

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Spooky mentioned that 50 of the 500 are going to the Alice Cooper charity to be auction off so it's more like 92% sold at this point.
Good job Spooky.

I would assume that the 50 would already be accounted for since they are a known entity. But maybe not, I don't know. Wasnt knocking Spooky simply pointing out that there still appears to be inventory available a couple of months after reveal, so there is still time to purchase.

3 weeks later
#3668 5 years ago

Thanks for the stream. I am impressed by the dots...really dig the comic book theme. The callouts were unfortunately what I'd heard before...very stoic and plain. The actual gameplay, I don't know. Seemed like a lot of bricks, tilts and very short ball times. I really wanted to love ACNC and make it my 3rd Spooky game. I'm just not feeling it for some reason. Congrats to everyone that bought in...hopefully you're seeing it different than me.

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Dots? LOL!
No dots here.

C'mon...it's pretty well recognized that 'dots' refers to any animated display screen...LCD or otherwise. Several posters refer to it the same, even after your silly comment

#3691 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

And somehow this upsets you.

Lol...not at all. But it must you to have made such a useless comment to begin with. Did you really think you were educating anyone as to what dots were?

#3738 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

All have been different. ACNC is Zornow Must Die.

I think RZ was Alex Horley, Rob's regular artist for his media.

1 month later
#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from only 12 days ago...
they are tweaking the ramps. I am not sure how fast people expect things to happen.

Hell, Chuck stopped by the charity event in Madison this weekend and specifically made it a point to stop over and check out things on the game we have on route. They are working on stuff, making adjustments, and other fine tune stuff. I am not sure how often people expect updates, but team Spooky provides content more frequently than anyone.
I still cant even get a simple reply from Stern on "what is going on with failure to update code issues and are they looking into it?"
12 days since Chuck posted a substantial status update and people are not claiming he is re-designing the whole game, lol.

12 days is an eternity when customers are wanting an update. I get what you're saying, but as a business owner myself, if a customer has a question or concern, I respond the same day, or no later than 12 hours later. I know Spooky et al are extremely busy, but it takes less than 5 minutes to make a blog or forum post, to kill speculation and keep an open dialogue. Do it daily while you sit on the shitter

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Keep in mind this game was just REVEALED at TPF in March. It's only been six months! Compared to JJP or CGC, that's a great announce to ship timeframe.
We are all excited and impatient, but I'm pretty sure Charlie is the only pinball company owner who posts updates at all.

I do appreciate Charlies participation on these forums....don't get me wrong. However that very participation sets up expectations. Spooky should not be compared to anyone but Spooky. It's like saying the hamburger is bad but at least it's not McDonald's bad. Doesn't change the fact it's still bad. So lack of communication is still lack of communication even though it's better than Sterns no communication.

Again, I'm not here to bash Spooky. Been a supporter with my money on two games. But I think we can all admit that ACNC has not gone as well as hoped and because of that some just want a little better explanation. They have their money tied up in preorder or even preship requests and you still don't have a decent game video, or update on these playield issues, or status of the shipping code.

1 month later
#4423 5 years ago

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

3 weeks later
#4584 5 years ago

Can someone get a decent game play video at pincinnati?

2 weeks later
#4677 5 years ago

I've been an ardent supporter of Spooky in the past...bought both AMH and RZLE NIB...was early adopters of both. I've voiced my concerns in this thread before about ACNC...the two main ones being the voice quality of the callouts, and the lack of a quality game video even to this date. For the opinions I was called a troll and even received threatening PMs from one of the more avid supporters of the game. I really wanted to like ACNC...my entire lineup of 12 games is horror related, save ACDC. I still may buy one, but I sat the Preorder out this time. I think both RZ and ACNC have suffered from an over commitment to orders with not enough technical support. It's a good position to be in for a growing company, but it has soured my enthusiasm right now for Spooky. I hope ACNC becomes a slam dunk and I'll eventually buy one.

#4681 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.

RZ is still suffering from bugs known over a year ago, and we've been promised corrections for that length of time, but their only programmer was moved to TNA. Then ACNC was announced and once again priorities shifted to supporting that code. Meanwhile, original promised features in RZ have yet to be implemented. I understand that's what Spooky has had to do because of limited resources, but it's their fault that they haven't developed more programming resources to spread the responsibilities. It's been discussed ad nausea in the RZ thread. What I fear is this affect is cumulative. When the next title is announced, then ACNC and RZ get pushed down the queue. Then all the new ACNC owners will potentially be unhappy. I don't want to see this happen to Spooky as a company. It's a model where you're always chasing the new sale without supporting the previous ones, and eventually it catches up to you.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

AMH still has bugs.

Yes it has a scoring bug on multi player. The other bugs are quirks

#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Have a deposit on an RZ and have read thoroughly about the bugs. This problem is not just one spooky has. Stern is notorious for it as well. It doesn't seem to stop most from buying and we all play this game of will they won't they ever finish the game. Spooky did at least finish AMH if I read correctly.

True, Stern has the same problem...but if I'm Charlie my claim to fame should not be I do it like Stern. My own personal conjecture, Spooky lost a little momentum when Ben Heck departed, and it's been catchup ever since. Fawzma is a decent programmer from what I can tell, but RZ was his initiation into pinball so he is not as efficient and perhaps intuitive in pinball coding as those programmers that have been around awhile. And now that he's heavily burdened supporting all of Spooky's offerings I doubt he even has time to train another initiant. Spooky really needs to hire a seasoned p-roc guy or teach bowman to code

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I mean they have a seasoned P-Roc guy in Scott Danesi right?

I don't know....do they? What is he working on? I don't mean that facetiously, I honestly don't know.

#4706 5 years ago

Thanks guys....HHP is...interesting.

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Bowen is in charge of the rules for ACNC - not Fawzma.
Give Fawzma a break - he’s been working his butt off on ACNC. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to switch to an entirely different platform between RZ and ACNC. Fawzma is quite talented and unlike Stern programmers - is approachable, pleasant and accommodating.

Not knocking Fawzma at all....quite the contrary. I'm suggesting he could use some help.

1 month later
#4898 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

A post about bricked shots comes up about every 3 pages, I know I am tired of hearing about it.

Trade-off for the non-related AC pics that appear EVERY page

1 month later
#5081 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Wow ! $125 is the factor? Wow?

If $125 is such a non factor for you, why don't you pay for it for him?

2 weeks later
#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

But they have always delivered.

Those of us still waiting on a finished RZ may beg to differ.

1 week later
#5244 4 years ago

It's refreshing to hear ACNC getting some better press. I'm sitting out the pre order this time but may pick one up later on the secondary market. I've read alot of reviews remarking on the art, which we knew was great, and the shots, which we knew were tough but rewarding. But I've not read any updates on the AC callouts. They were terrible in the first releases. Now that presumably more have been incorporated, what's everyones opinion on the voice work?

1 week later
#5348 4 years ago

Encouraged by the TPF video...looks like some neat features. I did note many tight shots by bowen where the ball didn't quite make it through....I know play better, but are there any post adjustments or it is what it is?

2 months later
#5606 4 years ago
Quoted from netman63129:

I just joined the club but wait...Isn't this actually Spooky's 4th game? AMH, RZ, TNA, and now ACNC?

More than that....Jetsons and Dominoes too.

#5615 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Maybe I'm thinking of the cabinet sides. It's been a while...
But even though that's more legible, it's still pretty bad.

No, you're probably thinking of this one

ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).pngef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
3 months later
#5630 4 years ago

Officially joined the club today. I have been hesitant about buying my 3rd Spooky game, and my initial reveal impressions early on were sub par. But wow has the game progreased, and mea culpa to Spooky and company...I see ACNC easily becoming my favorite of the 3.

A couple of questions. The RGB backbox strip is not working in game or test mode. I checked connectors and all appeared ok. It appears its driven by a driver transistor? Is there maybe a separate fuse to check before I start testing transistors?

What's the ball supposed to do on the return ramp from the upper pf down to the lower right flipper? The ball juat sits there and never comes out. Have to remove the glass.

#5632 4 years ago

Ah, perfect. Odd that it shifted during shipping, but seems easy enough to correct.

#5634 4 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Get in touch with me and we will get it sorted. Guessing your game got an update right before it shipped.

Thanks Luke....aent you an email.

1 week later
#5635 4 years ago

Just to close the loop, the servo and rgb light were similar issues. Both connectors were off by a pin. 2 of the 3 on the servo, and 3 of the 4 on the rgb strip. Can only surmise that somehow got displaced during ship prep.

3 months later
#5650 4 years ago

ACNC is definitely a shooter's game. You must be accurate with your shots. I can usually get 4 or 5 modes (3 ball), completing maybe half those. Once you get your shots dialed in, it really is a great game. Also learn slide saves and nudging.

On that note, does anyone experience SDTM if you inadvertently shoot the Frank ramp from the upper playfield (when frank isn't locking)? Usually once a game, i'll lose a ball like this. It's frustrating, and so fast down the ramp, I usually can't save it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robertmee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=robertmee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.