5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markymark2400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2273 5 years ago

So I pre -ordered the game through UK dealer, super excited, I turn 40 in October, so questions for Charlie if he reads this from an international customer ( )

1) Do you think I will get my machine by October? Its 6 months away, I am hoping so!
2) My only worry is that blue toy looks absolutely awful, nothing like a frankenstein, can you confirm that is a temp toy for Texas show? PLEASE make it look good like the ones in a show, it's going to ruin an other wise awesome looking pin!

Cheers ! Interested to meet you all (virtually) as this is my second ever pin. Cheers from london! Excited to get my first ever new pinball. Alice Is a Legend! Great choice of collab . I wonder what he makes on every pin sold?

1 month later
#2980 5 years ago

im no. 123, yay! when is the first acnc due to customer 1 do we know? roughly? sorry haven't read all 60 pages!

2 weeks later
#3143 5 years ago

i cant see any ramps, in ACNC, are there any?

4 weeks later
#3299 5 years ago

grow up people, FFS... noone cares about stupid arguments, we are here to enjoy pinball and on this thread AC! Roll on my delivery, number 123, I am guessing Xmas! Still pondering why the Frankenstein monster is blue though? hmmm. peace out!

#3357 5 years ago

Agreed, so far the game does not look good. But we have to give it time, we have not seen a recent code or any real play or any music.... I have one on order, but may sell my spot if the footage in a week or so is bad. I don't like that you won't see the ball travel around the back by the looks of it, once it goes up the ramp. Lower play field boring, toys?? Nothing really to bash ! No pop bumpers, not many drop targets?

Metallica for me is a great play field. Open, good toy, good shots.

And upper play field looks blah, with one shot to make.... to get to a blue frankenstein, which to me is just a cheap looking doll.

Cartoon and art looks great. Time will tell.... We will know soon, but I agree, I am worried too. Been waiting as a long long time AC fan for him to get a pinball.

Iron Maiden apart from no real Toy, looks to be far better, but you can't compare a giant like Stern to Spooky. Spooky mean well and it will be a success. Is it for me? Not sure yet. And I am DIE HARD AC fan.

#3412 5 years ago

What even is a butter cabinet!? A glossy cabinet basically? Are you all nuts?

#3419 5 years ago

yeah i will pass, especially as so many of put them in a corner of a room and you never fully see the art.

#3520 5 years ago

what is the link? please!

#3527 5 years ago

fuck me so far so shit

#3533 5 years ago

yeah but it doesnt look fun at all, v v limited shots and hard as hell. this aint no maiden. sadly. going to sell my spot in line i think. unless this improves ALOT. sad.

#3537 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

If Bowen can't hit the shots (no matter what his state), the rest of us are in real trouble...

ABSOLUTELY. Selling my spot in morning. Crappy playfield as I suspected. Damn shame.

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

As an increasingly obsessed pinhead and life-long Alice fan, I'm ridiculously excited to have bought a spot off a fellow Brit who changed his mind.
Think it'll contrast with my only other machine, a Kiss LE, very nicely - especially because it's not your typical rock pin.
I was nervous about getting a Spooky, because it just felt safer buying from the biggest company, especially with so much distance involved. And, yes, Maiden was calling me despite not being a massive fan of the band.
But the more I learn about Charlie, Spooky and this game, the happier I am to be joining the Spooky family. Alice looks amazing.
Roll on #123!

glad to have been of service! enjoy! Im coming to see it though, when do you guys think no. 123 will ship, i thought by xmas am i wildly off? cheers.

#3676 5 years ago

does the monster do anything?? theres no real toy?

#3694 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

It goes up and down.

WOW - such creativity! haha. FFS!

2 weeks later
#3838 5 years ago

good luck to spooky, seem like a dedicated hard working company! I sold my deposit on, but keen to see how it all turns out

2 weeks later
#3946 5 years ago

BOOM!

So much unsaid stuff in this thread it's unbelievable, such passive aggression. I sold my deposit on.

Enough said.

#3952 5 years ago

I think you missed the point, i was referring to the link about a PR nightmare, and referring to the DMs I get from lots of members, it seems people are afraid to say how they really feel in this forum, and that is a shame, possibly I understand that as Charlie reads these posts, and I would not want to offend him or anyone else but I don't need reassurance about my decision , I am really grateful that you bought it off me, Matt, and happy with my Iron Maiden, I think Spooky are great, and wish them luck, I am intrigued to see the final product, it was just not a pin that appealed to a beginner like me from what I can see so far.

Not jumping on anyone's fun here by pointing out that posting links about PR disaster's is rather passive aggressive..? It looks like a fun pin, and you are right I can not comment as I have not played it.

#3988 5 years ago

"He wasn't being singled out for selling his spot, he was being singled out for continually dropping in the thread to let everyone know it."

Evidence is ? What a couple of posts? Must be the crushing disappointment of how the playfield turned out, no bumpers, no drop targets, no flow etc... that made me want to vent...

My last point was simply that people PM'd me a lot about the fact they thought the pin was crap, had sig problems and as a new forum member I had no idea why this was not able to be discussed here in the forum?

I now see that the culture of bullying is pervasive here, god forbid anyone expresses a negative opinion, oh god forbid you don't say it's just such a great pin - you get trolled, this is a forum ABOUT the pin, not a fan club for the pin. And I know that Spooky reads the posts and for that I have sympathy that we should be encouraging, but then where do we go to make general comments about the pin if we have changed our minds etc?

It's actually ridiculous that it has to be so one sided. No-one was more gutted than me, who had been waiting for years for a pinball with an AC theme, having been a massive AC fan for 20 years. I could not believe it when I heard it was being made. But the general theme is be positive or STFU, that is outrageous! Isn't this mainly an American forum, where is your freedom of expression now?

I am entitled to put down a deposit without knowing how the game would flow, as you know there were pretty much zero videos out when we had to put down a deposit. And I agree I would not do that again. But you live and learn.

"My favorite was him asking if the game had ramps a full 2 months after he put down a deposit."

Haha, so amusing!

The point is you can hardly make any ramps out because the ball disappears from what I could see, and that to me is not satifsying and has been echoed by many others. I am generally a very positive person and think Spooky are on the whole great, I am just sad that I am not allowed to talk about my experience of losing faith in how the pin turned out and how I sold my spot and bought an IM.

"I have nothing against Markymark2400 - but please, just move on brother. I would suggest waiting to play a game in person before putting down a deposit in the future."

I'm not your brother.

But I will say the tempers and comments flying now are sure making this much more interesting a place to visit!

#3994 5 years ago

not 7!

"good luck to spooky, seem like a dedicated hard working company! I sold my deposit on, but keen to see how it all turns out " A fair and nice post. Then i said yes passive agrressive stuff going on plus I reiterated I sold it on, I apologise for rep...

as a newbie I seek support in what for a lot of us are pins that cost the earth, I don't deserve damnation for expressing an opinion, it's as the last poster said not an advertising forum. Anyway I think I will F O now.

#3997 5 years ago

Damn now I want my spot back Charlie is the man, I can't argue with any of that!

1 month later
#4341 5 years ago

wow looks so good!

#4343 5 years ago

The Problem with these videos is that the players are all noobs that don’t know the shots. Heck, some players clearly stated that they didn’t know there was an upper playfield. Lol
Not a good indicator of game play compared to someone who actually owned the game.

Because yes, some of us are new to pinball (which is fair enough) - , I was laughed at by a total c*nt for asking where the ramps are, but its so dark and the ball is not easy to see at the back of the playfield, that I do not think it was an unreasonable question for a newbie as you say! We need better videos, they will come...

#4418 5 years ago

loving the sound

#4442 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

agreed - I mean the music and sound quality are great, the call outs sadly I completely agree with you on, sounds like he was on xanax or something that day, the animations are the best I have seen , the game play, hmmm, despite everyone thinking I am upset because I sold my spot, (not the case) I think people will tire of the play v v fast, huge amounts of cognitive dissonance in this group, but YMMV.... let's see what STDM / Buffalo reviews say when someone can get hold of one.

Can't wait for more codes and more videos, I am allowed to still be really hopeful as would still buy one in 2020 if any come up for resale and improves, love AC!

#4455 5 years ago

The only one suffering from cognitive dissonance here is you! You obviously don’t like it enough to buy, so move on and quit bothering the rest of us!
And I couldn’t care less about what SDTM has to say about it. I don’t need others to tell me what to think about a pinball machine they don’t own!

Good for you, I will NOT move on, I have as much right to see what happens with this pin as anyone else, and my views are balanced. You clearly don't understand what cognitive dissonance even is... I am not bothering anyone, it is a forum, not a fan page, it is for DISCUSSION.

Get a grip. As I have said before the culture of bullying on this forum (not sure about pinside as a whole as new to the hobby) if someone does not say entirely positive things is ridiculous... Totally ridiculous. I am a huge AC fan my whole life and pinball fan, I am interested to see what happens and if the pin improves I would still buy one. I think STDM are absolutely legends and great you don't need others to review things, but I look forward to it. Troll off.

#4461 5 years ago

Your the one that accused people on this thread of having cognitive dissonance! Perhaps you don't understand what that means hey? I know what cognitive dissonance is and you clearly have it.

Someone that uses grammar like "your the one" just needs to shut up. Says everything I need to know about you. I am sure you googled it and you think you know what it is, you my friend are quite simply what we call in the UK a tosser.

Let's compare CVs and see who knows more about psychology shall we, why don't you post your linkedin profile so we can see who you are and where you were educated and I will post my educational background. Put up or shut up "BitchIE! More like.

2 months later
#4910 5 years ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

I don't post much, but I did think I should check in finally and report that I got my game couple of weeks ago! Been having a heck of a lot of fun with it! Quite anxious for the next code update. It's definitely come a long way.
[quoted image]

looks stunning! congrats.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 300.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider markymark2400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.