5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#517 7 years ago

Way to stop the conjecture Ben. Well played! Looking forward to seeing the completed Jetsons (alas from afar).

Quoted from benheck:

The new game is just being announced at TPF, it won't actually be there.
Summer show would be my guess.

#594 7 years ago

Nope, Jetsons is a contract game like Dominos

Quoted from dfsays:

Wasn't the third game The Jetsons? AMH>RZ>Jetsons?

#630 7 years ago

Search Meatloaf on YOUTUBE and youll see this rock star from the 70s,80s,90s

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry but what is meatloaf?
Seems to be a 100% US theme for US customers?!

1 week later
#876 7 years ago

Look for an expo (Oct 2017) reveal not before.

1 week later
#894 7 years ago

“Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle” will feature “classic and modern” music from the icon, not just a greatest hits type package. Spooky Pinball has chosen the songs that work best in context of the game’s theme with additional ambiance provided by Piggy D from Rob Zombie’s band and artwork from Jeff Zornow.

This doesn't answer if Schools Out will be one it, but it does denote it won't be a greatest hits package. I'm sure Alice will have a say in which songs he thinks work best in the game and he is an enthusiast, so that could be a win-win.

I'm looking forward to it.

Quoted from rai:

I always thought Schools Out was his number one song.

4 months later
#937 6 years ago

Is there any truth to the rumor the pinheck board is getting updated to higher video resolution for this game?
Anyone know what the new resolution will be?

1 month later
#971 6 years ago

Not at Pinball Life open house either. That party will be the public release of TNA. You have a few more months before seeing Alice.

Quoted from travisbmartin:

Not yet. Probably at the Pinball Life open house coming up soon

3 weeks later
#990 6 years ago

The rules sound cool and I think it's a great idea to have to earn the songs. Very cool.
What does the REV 8 pinheck board add to this game? I imagine there are some improvements from REV 7? Maybe higher display resolution?

2 months later
#1037 6 years ago

What? This is new... Last we hear the next rev of the pinheck system was maxing at 128x64. Could they have added an additional video board?

Quoted from pin2d:

Charlie: “Absolutely, yeah. The HD system has been bouncing all over the country essentially. It’s been in the hands of three different people now, and it’s in Benton for the first time.”
DVE: “Have we said it was going to be an HD system?”
Charlie: “Yes…I threw all the pressure square on everybody.” (laughs)

2 weeks later
#1049 6 years ago

That displays looks great! Well done Spooky, looking forward to seeing it in March.

#1076 6 years ago

Interesting. Do you plug in a SBC (rPi, Pine) with video board to handle the HD?>

Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Prototype PinHeck REV8 EOTL HD PCBs arrive

#1085 6 years ago

Thank you! Interesting merge of technologies.

Quoted from benheck:

Yes it uses a Raspberry Pi 3 Compute model (lite) for audio/video and game updating (via a USB thumb drive now)
PIC32 is still "in charge" of the game itself because.... real time.

1 month later
#1306 6 years ago

There was a TWIP podcast a few days ago and Charlie said he hired another programmer to work with David.
I assume both of them are working on programming Alice (Ben started it).

Quoted from Whysnow:

Who is coding ACNC?

2 weeks later
#1394 6 years ago

I read they said Saturday afternoon reveal of Alice cooper pin.

Quoted from musketd:

No pics for this yet? Thought it was at Texas?

#1396 6 years ago

Not odd, planned. Here is the morning/afternoon schedule for TPF events. Notice Spooky at 4pm. Are there going to be pic/videos today prior to tomorrows announcement? I'd bet there will.

Saturday – March 17, 2018
We have a full day of fantastic seminars featuring great pinball personalities. Remember, the main floor stays open during all seminars!

8 am – Swap Meet hosted by DFW Pinball & Arcade Club
Looking for a project? Trying to get rid of one? This is the place to be. Bring some coffee and some or all of your projects out early Saturday morning.
Not sure what you’re looking for? You might just find that here too.

9 am – Early Access to the Game Room for Exhibitors and Vendors / Tournament play resumes

10 am – Game Room Opens

12 pm – National Video Game Museum Shuttle Service Begins

12 pm – The Three Rings of Circus Maximus

1 pm – Q&A with designer Barry Oursler

2 pm – Multimorphic and the P3 Pinball Platform – Now It Gets Fun!

2 pm – Qualifying Ends for Kids Bump N’ Win and Parent/Child Tournaments

2:30 pm – Kids Bump N’ Win Tournament Playoffs

3 pm – Live Pinball Tutorial on Spooky Pinball’s “Total Nuclear Annihilation” with former World Pinball Champion Bowen Kerins

3:30 pm – Parent/Child Tournament Playoffs

4 pm – Spooky Pinball presents: Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle

Quoted from musketd:

Isn’t that the last day of the show that’s really odd

#1424 6 years ago

'Butter' Cabinet upgrade - hand dipped in ink and clear coated

Quoted from fosaisu:

What's a butter cabinet?

#1431 6 years ago

Nice I like the comic startup. Glad there is no LE.

#1554 6 years ago

That was a smart move.

Quoted from solarvalue:

ACNC using P3-Roc now instead of Pinheck boards. Maybe P3-Roc for Spooky games from here on out?

#1567 6 years ago

They changed the electronics to p-roc which costs more but offers more.

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Oh wtf. Price up another 200?
Looks really cool but I’m still feeling it in the wallet all the money I’m gonna lose on Rz resale. Hopefully build quality is much better from rz and amh.
I’ll probably still get one at some point though

#1851 6 years ago

Spooky would have to change the electronics to p-roc in RZ in order to change the display graphics. That's not going to happen.

Quoted from davijc02:

Because the current display resolution sucks on RZ. It has a display capable of so much more just not utilized. Yes I know it was the first production game to include the color display and the price was not increased all.
I’m not asking for them to do more work for free I’d be more than willing to purchase it as a mod from Spooky.
I have a color DMD installed on my Fish Tales and the quality of those images are far superior to that of a game made in 2016. Sucks to see the display not displaying images to its potential.

#1867 6 years ago

What about the ALICE COOPER insert? Isn't that a mode with a song too?
It says on the playfield (Find and Defeat all 9 monsters) and then an arrow points to the 10th insert - the wizard mode.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Official song list from the latest video:
BRUTAL PLANET (ZOMBIE MODE)
COLD ETYHL (COLD ETHYL MODE)
DISCO BLOODBATH (VAMPIRE MODE)
FEED MY FRANKENSTEIN (FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER MODE)
GO TO HELL (TENTACLE CREATURE MODE)
IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS (INSECTIONS MODE)
LOST IN AMERICA (IGOR MODE)
NO MORE MISTER NICE GUY (WEREWOLF MODE)
BILLION DOLLAR BABIES (WIZARD MODE)
youtube playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZhqbEdh-4hZfyJRYPFsE4wrV4zj5cRhW

center playfield (resized).pngcenter playfield (resized).png

#1869 6 years ago

Thanks Ben, do you know the song associated with the ALICE COOPER insert?

Quoted from benheck:

Alice Cooper is one of the nine monsters that you must beat to light the wizard mode.

2 weeks later
#2347 6 years ago

I’ll be curious how far the software advanced. Maybe fawzma got a few more modes coded. 5 more days until mgc!

1 week later
#2426 6 years ago

Hows the software progressing? Did anyone get deeper into the game? Maybe hear more songs, collect more items? It looks like a fun game.

1 week later
#2721 5 years ago

... or extra months to save money

Quoted from StylesBitchly:

LOL
All you guys in the 300's and up like me are just going to have to take a cold shower. It'll be a while!
They must have had a shit load of orders that first day. Who knew minutes waiting in indecision would translate to months waiting?

1 week later
#2758 5 years ago

Clarify something please. After skillshot you can select your monster by hitting the center 3 targets, but you can't actually battle the monster until you get to the top room?

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

FYI a lot of changes will be coming. This is strictly for what's at the show.

#2820 5 years ago

Voltage was low in joes booth.
Houdini and also Alice experienced weak flippers. I could tell immediately because the scoop on Houdini had trouble kicking the bell out and the catapult missed every time.

I played Alice a few times and was able to get the ball up the left ramp, lock balls, hit the guillotine and battles a monster and get the gimme multi ball. You had to compensate with a fast insane ball the do the Ramps to get some help.

I enjoyed the animations, the shots are ok, and the room, item ideas are pretty cool. The drain save was neat. I could barely hear the music and call outs since the entire show was noisy. The software was a bit immature but what was there worked even if a few of modes had placeholder text. I like that David had the ball saves on frequent and the gimme multiball gave everyone a chance to feel part of the game. The game looks good both inside and out and Once the software has more time to cook it will be really fun.

Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Not sure how you came to this conclusion. Shots are not any tighter than Houdini? Reason to go for ramp is to lock balls and get to upper playfield. But ya, the weak flippers are a problem. This has to be addressed if not due to low voltage at festival.

#2872 5 years ago

Wow they are some beautiful backgrounds!

2 weeks later
#2952 5 years ago

It would be great to hear about the game instead of seeing Alice Cooper pics. Any other news, screenie of new LCD display graphics, etc?

#2956 5 years ago

Yes, thanks for the released screen shots of the game, but no thanks for the barrage of cooper pics

Quoted from Magicchiz:

Plus I'm the one that posted some of the released screen shots first. So there!!!!!

1 week later
#3023 5 years ago

Now that's an update! Thanks Charlie for the transparency!

#3073 5 years ago

Really impressive Charlie and company! Love the animations and music! Great job!!!

1 week later
#3156 5 years ago

Nice! I'd like to see more of these mode start screens.

Quoted from Magicchiz:

Thank you spooky for posting that!
Magicchiz

1 week later
#3196 5 years ago

Wow thats awesome. Go Spooky!!!!!

1 month later
#3869 5 years ago

No more talk about the gameplay from owners yet?

2 months later
#4308 5 years ago

Do you notice any slight changes in the layout? How's it play?

1 week later
#4425 5 years ago

Get an MBr and in 2 years your ACNC (if you order now) will be ready so sell the MBr. Then you can experience both games.

Quoted from robertmee:

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

3 weeks later
#4608 5 years ago

The stream was great, thanks very much! The software is getting better each iteration. Very nice.

One weird thing though, why are there some scores ending in "1"? I'd think with a game scoring in millions the smallest shot value would be 10.
Maybe they are testing some match scenario?

1 week later
#4648 5 years ago

Charlie said they are wrapping up TNA production so that is another 7 weeks before ACNC gets the full production line, so you consider your game will come sometime in late February at the earliest.

Quoted from rockfantasyman:

yeah we own a rock n roll store just getting very impatient I guess ! I will sit and wait for now if stern does anymore metal ones before this drops I will probably bail . just tired of customers asking how much longer it will take . hopefully it happens soon !

3 months later
#5364 5 years ago

You realize you just defeated all of the work the programmer put in for the lightshow? Perhaps try it stock with the room lights on or a few of them and you will see much more of the playfield. On the other hand if you're happy thats all that matters

Quoted from Magicchiz:

Let's talk pinstadiums.
On my Rob Zombie, pinstadiums are a must. The playfield is sooo dark.
After getting Alice, it was apparent that playing in a dark room it was going to need something to appreciate the art etc. Maybe I'm just getting old and my eyes don't like playing in the dark.
This game it totally RGB lighting. Even the flasher is controlled RGB. Which is fine except for installing pinstadium lighting. Now I'm not trying to miss the light show they create. But the controlled GI just wasn't enough for me. Also I'm installing just a standard pinstadium with UV flasher.
So after talking to Scott and Rebelguitars. Here is where I hooked up my pinstadium set. Only real GI is coin door, coin reject lights. So GI is attached there. Now some are not going to like this option because they do not go off when the playfield goes dark. But unless you want to try to come off of one of the colors on the rgb and that color fires, im sure it would be a strobing mess. If someone knows something I don't please fill me in. Also I'm sure it is too much to get a light programed just for pinstadiums when only a select few will install them in their game.
Now the UV flasher. Again only flasher in the game is controlled Rgb. So thats kinda out. So Scott suggested the shaker motor, I was hesitant at first, but gave it a shot and it works and looks great. Does not fire excessively and on short bursts of the shaker they light a little and on full bust of the shaker they flash full power. Really a cool effect and not constant.
Again the only thing I feel I'm am missing is a complete blackout when and if the game wants one.
Plus with the pinstadiums you can dial back the GI and color to make the game have a creepy obiance.
I hope this helps anyone else who wants to bring more light into the game. The art and playfield is soooo cool it is a shame the game is kinda dark with the RGB lighting.
I for one hope that spooky will maybe slow down some of the light shows and refine them as time goes on. In attract mode it can get a little stroby with the exception of the color change. Plus I miss the crawling insect mode strobing. Some other modes stobe, make them solid and bring back the bugs. I love you Spooky, so I'm not complaining, just suggesting.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

2 months later
#5597 4 years ago

Wow that's unnecessary. Are you concerned with longevity? Seems a bit overkill.

Quoted from ToucanF16:

Spooky will send a playfield to Ron for him to clear and polish. Ron then returns the PF back to Spooky before they assemble your machine. I’m doing this with TNA and ACNC.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.