Topic Stats

• 5,659 posts
  • 623 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by dnapac
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 828 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

106FAD11-816B-43B5-8EA6-B1D65E1B8CD3 (resized).jpeg
A24570EF-6682-408A-A3E9-2D4CADAA0EE6 (resized).jpeg
E44AFC18-CEC2-445A-9DD8-405734E5B5C3_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
8E11CA90-ABD6-4867-871C-06259EDDF88B_1_201_a (resized).jpeg
20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (3 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (1 year ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (1 year ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#61 3 years ago

How long did it take for them to sell out last time?. I doubt they will have an issue.

#94 3 years ago

I think board game properties could be interesting. I really want to see King of Tokyo, but it seem to bright and campy for Spooky. I also think Pandemic could be really fun. Global epidemics are "spooky", right? I'd also really like to see a new western unlicensed game.

#112 3 years ago

Evil Dead would need a boom stick ball launcher.

#145 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Funny you say that. I recommended to Charlie that he do just that at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo...

Give me that layout with any theme and I'd pretty happy. A lot of "classic" shots that remind me of other machines, mostly Twilight Zone, but enough different that it still feels new. I'm totally dreaming now, but if they could make the "shooting range" target clear and mount a mini screen behind for different modes. Alternatively that ramp could had one additional feature, drop targets in front or raising ramp with targets and/or magnet behind. It's just such a large target in the center of the playfield, I'd want to make sure there's maximum interest in that shot.

archershotmap (resized).jpg

#152 3 years ago

I honestly wouldn't care if that layout were Archer or Jetson's. I just really like that layout. I might have mirrored it to put that "shooting range" target on the center left, but that's just personal preference. Not sure if that will be the major focus or not. It just seems like the obvious target for beginner players.

EDIT: If mirrored it would be fun to launch the ball directly to that 3rd flipper. Start the game off with a super skill shot combo.

#154 3 years ago

That would be tough to do in a competitive industry. Also, I'm sure each licensee would present different challenges to the design team.

#156 3 years ago

Yeah, I don't know much either. I want to say someone in this tread told me the cost of a particular license was $80,000; but perhaps I'm misremembering that conversation. I was drinking.

#174 3 years ago

Makes sense. The post and upper flippers make some fun options for combos. The ramp does feed into that.

1 month later
#205 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Oh man...King of Tokyo is one of the best ideas ever for Spooky! With their love of Godzilla, this would be the perfect way to do it "unofficially" while appealing to an entirely new group of people. I am just getting into tabletop gaming and finding that their community is HUGE and just as passionate as we are. This would be a great bridge between two separate but similar hobbies. Of course release it at MGC where both cultures are represented nicely!

Yeah, of all the great board game licenses available the only one they (Stern) produce is Monopoly.

#213 3 years ago

Err...I think Family Feud would be a disaster for a pin. Beside the board games mentioned, I also still want an updated wild west machine. I think Secret Pancho would be a great starting point. Unknown, so for most people it would be considered a generic western theme; but you'd be buying rights to a nice art and sound package. I want a game where you are playing as a villain, hitting shots to increase your notoriety. Basically your score is your bounty. I was thinking it would be nice to have a mugshot on your wanted poster for the highest scores. Use a vintage filter to make it fit the period.

postersmall (resized).jpg

#226 3 years ago

Yeah, I want more of a modern western with comic style artwork. I think there might be lesser known themes, like Secret Pancho, that would be really cheap. For most, machines based on themes like that would seem to be original, but it would provide the design team with some characters, story, artwork, and sound to draw inspiration from.

I like themes like King of Tokyo (king kong / godzilla) and Secret Pancho (western) because they are modern versions of classic themes. I think that could help to bridge the gap between the multiple generations currently in the hobby. Beyond that, I just prefer comic style artwork. It's more timeless.

PS: Secret Pancho is a western themed video game. I only discovered it while researching modern westerns.

1 week later
#255 3 years ago

There is an art to doing great black & white.

1 week later
#275 3 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

If they get to do another music pin, what would the thoughts be on one built around Meatloaf's Bat out of hell? Timeless music (although long), and a lot of great artwork already done. Paradise by the dashboard light wizard mode!

That would instantly free up my spot.

Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Futurama would be a definite buy from my family. Kind of surprised it's not a machine yet, what with all the potential. Load a ball into planet express for ball lock, instead of habitrals you could have those tubes that move people around the city.

Are tubes trademarked for use on a pinball machine? Why haven't they been used on more games?

#278 3 years ago

I'm not saying it would work for all games, but for a straight shot it seems like they could be used more often. Would probably be a must on Futurama.

2 weeks later
#304 3 years ago

I thought they were coming out with a new album this year?

#312 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Deductive reasoning suggests: Think of Rob having a holiday party and inviting all his musician friends over this month. Which musician is going to say, "Damn, I want a pinball machine about me!" And that will probably be Spooky's 3rd or 4th game. (Count me in for whatever it is)

Chumbawamba?

2 weeks later
#383 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

...would be neat to see Spooky do a zombie pin.

Hmm...

2 months later
#482 2 years ago

That has to be playfield artwork (right?). Tesla would be a super cool theme. I'd probably do it in a steampunk / alternative history style; but I'd be interested to see what direction Charlie, Ben, and team would take it. Man, I just have to say even just thinking about these games is super fun.

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe they're finally making my dream pin... MEATLOAF!

Quoted from Jazman:

Now that would be "Paradise"...

Another clue from Spooky. They post a picture showing what...a "dashboard" and "light".

17349883_1375328299195060_1230644868489211755_o (resized).jpg

#511 2 years ago
#512 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

That's not a clue, that's just a picture they took to show they are on their way to TPF.

Sorry that my sarcasm was not more evident.

Quoted from InfiniteLives:

"I Need to Know RIGHT NOW!"

...he gets it.

#636 2 years ago

He's no Chumbawumba

5 months later
#946 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

images from the Sept/October issue of the Rue Morgue Magazine.
Magicchiz

That artwork is amazing. I'm not even an AC fan and the artwork makes me want to own one.

4 months later
#1056 2 years ago

Wow...can't wait to explore the haunted castle.

#1090 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Looks like the display screenshot shows a map with 9 rooms/modes.

I was wondering about that too. My initial thought was nine rooms, but it really could be anything: modes, monsters, songs, rooms, etc.

#1126 2 years ago

Just keep pumping out awesome games.

#1137 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

And subtract 10% for all the defects you get.

Ben, have you ever noticed that some companies on Alibaba have your picture in their product images? I can't find it right now, but remember coming across it awhile ago.

#1150 2 years ago

This is the most excited I've been for a release since TNA and I truly mean that as a huge complement.

#1154 2 years ago

I can't afford any NIB games, but I'm still excited for their release though.

#1156 2 years ago

No. In a perfect world TNA would replace Hardbody in my collection. Having said that, Hardbody is still one of my top "bang for your buck" titles. I know people have mixed feelings about rethemes, but someday I'd like to turn it into a Pandemic (board game). I am still considered selling two machines to fund an Alice Cooper, but it's so hard to choose. I'd likely give up Gold Strike, but I do have fiends that really love playing an EM. Plus, I'd also have sell another game (and still likely add cash). I do have a neighbor that's looking to pickup a few machines, so I'd consider selling a few to him, knowing I'd still have access to them, or perhaps he'll want the Alice Cooper or TNA.

#1158 2 years ago

I'd love to support Spooky by buying a NIB. Perhaps, I wouldn't feel so guilty, if my wife or kids were really into pinball, but in reality this is my hobby. They are supportive, so I try to be appreciative and respectful of that without pushing the boundaries too much. I'm thankful for the collection I've been able to acquire over these past six years. It's far beyond what I thought it would become, which give me hope that perhaps someday I'll become a Spooky customer. Until then, I'll enjoy them with friends or on route.

#1160 2 years ago

I've considered it, but most I've spoken with have said it's not worth it for the money. I have a decent relationship with the owner of the local movie theater, so I might be able to take over that route. I have also inquired about machines at a local gaming shop.

1 month later
#1349 1 year ago

One of my favorite interview questions with Alice talking about the difference between himself and his character.

Interviewer: If you were going to interview Alice Cooper, what would be your primary question?

Alice Cooper: I think the dichotomy of Alice is really interesting. The fact that I go to church on Sunday, I play golf, I have been married for 41 years and I have never cheated on my wife. I’m a great dad and a great granddad. Opposed to this character who is a full out villain. It’s really interesting that I can click in and out of that character. I think I would ask Alice if he is ever tempted to be the other character, to be the normal everyday guy. The thing that is interesting to me is that 22 hours of the day, I am the normal guy. At night I get to play this villain. It’s really fun to play that character. The same is true with my wife. My wife teaches bible study. She is a ballerina and she teaches ballet and jazz. At night she plays this incredibly demented nurse, a “day of the dead nurse.” She also plays this rag doll that comes out of a windup box. She always says that it is great to play somebody you are nothing like. I would ask Alice if he ever wanted to switch places with me. And I think he would say absolutely not. I play this mythological rock star that doesn’t really exist. But he does exist for those two hours on stage. The audience has become endeared to this villain, kind of like Captain Hook. Peter Pan is kind of ho-hum compared to Captain Hook.

#1365 1 year ago

Moline tonight, Madison tomorrow. There is a decent chance I'm going tomorrow. If I do I need to go pick up a more overtly Spooky shirt for the show. Got to let him know we're awaiting his new machine.

#1416 1 year ago
Quoted from romulusx:

$5 to anyone gets an early pictures of ACNC or Kosmic Khaos!

I think spookycharlie already released +10 pictures early. Buy that man a beer. He deserves it after working crazy hours to get ready for the reveal.

#1420 1 year ago

romulusx Some pictures of playfield features have been previously released.

#1428 1 year ago

I know they are just teasers, but that's all anyone is going to get until the reveal tomorrow unless Charlie chooses to reveal something else early. My first comment was actually just an attempt at humor, telling Charlie he should claim the $5, but it wasn't all that funny; so I edited it.

#1446 1 year ago

That comic art is stunning and the perfect fit for a game that will hopefully draw inspiration from classic horror comics.

#1486 1 year ago
Quoted from CNKay:

Can't wait for Jack to give us a view tomorrow. You think Alice will be there as part of reveal?

If he is, there are going to be a lot of upset fans at his concert in North Carolina tonight.

#1490 1 year ago

The butter cabinet is an extra $1000, which is surprisingly very little markup over the actual costs. It's stunning, but certainly not for everyone. There are guys that spend way more on high end restorations.

#1656 1 year ago

The Frankenstein ball lock on the left ramp is pretty cool. I like how the mechanism can pickup balls from either direction or let them pass. Anyone know how those center targets on the lower playfield are integrated into gameplay?

#1666 1 year ago

I would guess it's adjustable, but I think you have to hit the target 2-3 times before it stays down. Then you can shoot that ramp in reverse, locking the ball, and starting Frankenstein multiball..."Feed My Frankenstein". That lock and reveal is what I'd call the biggest "toy" on the game.

#1768 1 year ago

Keep in mind the audio got to Spooky around a week ago. That's not much time to get anything playable for the show. ACNC is going to keep getting better and better.

#1784 1 year ago
Quoted from bankmansam:

I played it at TPF it was a one ball game, can't tell anything from a one ball game. They didn't reveal until halfway through the festival, then had them set to one ball games. I lost interest at that point.

I wonder how much of that was their choice. Maybe it was, I don't know, but perhaps the TPF wanted to have a splash at the end to keep people around.

#1794 1 year ago

fawzmagames Can you share anything about the plans for the "Switch Monster Mode" targets? They are pretty much dead center on the playfield, so I'm assuming they will be important. Also hoping to see some footage of how the ball returns off of these. That remains my one area of concern in terms of how the game will shoot.

#1801 1 year ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Shot those targets several times this weekend and no SDTM from them for me.

Is if fair to say it's still one of the more uncontrolled shots on the game? Most other shots seem more predictable.

#1809 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I've searched thru most of this topic and the TPF thread and can't seem to find much about Kosmic chaos other than a few pics. Did anyone talk to Charlie or anyone from spooky about this machine?

I think it's already sold out

#1828 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The steep left ramp lock is an awesome shot. I loved it. Gotta hit it clean.

Ugg...I hope they add a reward for a half ramp shot. I'm the king of half ramp shots.

Quoted from pinballwil:

No pops really , not only one ?.

I highly doubt this is what Charlie was thinking, but this game looks like the answer to some of the critics of Rob Zombie. Think the upper playfield is a little dull? Here is one with something like seven paths. Don't like the chaos caused by exposed pop bumpers and slings? Here is a game with no pop bumpers. To me Alice Cooper looks like a game that is more my style, but if nothing else it's exciting to see some variation. Plus, where would you add pop bumpers into the layout?

The only thing that would have set this game (even more) over the top for me would have been adding a Attack From Mars / Judge Dredd style shot beyond the center targets. I think that would have been a cool dungeon, secret passage, etc. Plus it adds more purpose to those targets that are in the center of the playfield. Still a lot of that can still be done with coding. Can't wait to see the game evolve.

#1879 1 year ago

Love that it's not a traditional "music pin", but Disco Bloodbath Fever still could get old. Perhaps make it easy to swap that one out.

Oh no, here we go

Disco who, disco what
Get down on your knees, and keep your trap shut
Disco this, disco that
When disc-gos to hell, that's where we're at, where we're at

Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo
Yo Yo Yo, Yooooo

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think the song choices are really clever. I made a playlist on Amazon Music from this, and tried to imagine playing the modes during these songs. I might change 2 or 3, but I love the rest. I also love the balance between classic rock and power metal - something for everyone.

Agreed, it's a solid list. I'd just swap out "Disco Bloodbath Fever" with "Raise The Dead". Perhaps more zombie then vampires, but it still seems like it would still fit with the theme. Plus it's from Alice's super group, Hollywood Vampires. Maybe do a double swap and use "Raise The Dead" for zombie mode and "Brutal Planet" for vampire mode. Either way though it's looking like it's going to be one hell of a machine. Bravo Spooky.

#2022 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The "butter" option price for a print is 10 bucks extra for one side for my home made MC.
So 1000 buck extra no way.

I know the cost and this is not even remotely true. I was shocked with how little the markup was.

1 week later
#2285 1 year ago

I swear Alice has to be one of the busiest guys still touring. He's playing shows for Alice Cooper, did the Jesus Christ Superstar Live! show last night. Then it looks like he's going right into an oversees tour with Hollywood Vampires.

#2306 1 year ago

Hard to be upset with success for Spooky, but I'm hoping my wife gets a chance to play the game at MGC before it sells out.

1 week later
#2444 1 year ago

You could take pictures and videos.

#2467 1 year ago

I wasn't good enough to start much of anything. I did put in a request to fawzmagames to make those posts worth big points. That's what I seemed to keep hitting.

PS: Not faulting the design. I just needed to play better.

#2479 1 year ago

Every machine has space between main shots. The more shots in the game, the more transitions. Could there have been switches, sure, but it's very easy to keep adding to the point of a $10,000 machine. Honestly, I'm also just a poor player.

#2488 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you read me like a book.

I think that's fair, but there is so much right with this game it would be a shame to spend too much time focused on that. Pinball is fun!

#2536 1 year ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

I didn't really hear much for actual Alice Cooper songs in this video demo. When do the actual album tracks play during the game?

I'm pretty sure they said that the tracks had to be earned. My assumption is that's during the battle with the monsters, but I'm not 100% sure when they will actually trigger. To date the only track I heard was "Feed My Frankenstein" upon the reveal of the Frankenstein monster. The start of the song really works for the start of a mode.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, R-E-L-A-X...

poster210x230f8f8f8-pad210x230f8f8f8 (resized).jpg

#2558 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The ignore button is your friend, I’m just saying.

I just took you advice.

#2572 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Never going to make everyone happy. Ever.

I know it's hard, but what you posted above is true. There is no way to design a game for everyone, because not everyone agrees on what makes a game great. Look at all the success you've had...it's pretty clear you are doing it right. Remember pinball is fun. Hard, but still fun.

442713e3d08a877062040b5e6c244abc (resized).jpg

#2586 1 year ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty sure they got the license to make a Spotted Cow pinball machine. That's got to be one of those 2 emails.

Can only be played in Wisconsin, though.

#2588 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

spookycharlie Where can we find a game play video explaining the shots and showing off the features? Or at least a flyer?
I looked on the spooky site for one... I clicked a link that took me to Facebook with some pics of the pf and cabinet art, but I'm still in the dark.
Thanks...
-Mof

No official video yet, but just a few posts above Charlie indicated that they would try to do a video once they have more code in the game. I'm pretty sure there was a flyer at MGC, but I didn't even grab one. I'd think the features it would highlight would be:

- Castle Ramp Ball Lock on the left ramp. It can lock a ball from either direction.

- Frankenstein monster which raises up from behind the castle.

- Guillotine, which is loaded by backhanding on the upper playfield. It locks the ball then severs them like it's chopping off a head.

- Magnet Save reminds me of the lock on The Shadow, sending the ball flying up from the drain.

- Two target "Danesi lock"

- Awesome 3D molds from Back Alley

- Spinner

In my opinion the features of this machine are on par, or exceed, a Stern Premium. Totally subjective, but in my view this game also has the best art package on ANY machine. From the side art, playfield, backglass, and display it's stunning.

PS: I think GREENHORNET is one of the only pinsiders with a negative ratio in the forums.

#2608 1 year ago
Quoted from kirkgun:

this may be the best pinball gimmick ever.

Yeah, I don't know how they could have done an Alice machine without incorporating the guillotine.

1 week later
#2742 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

The pinball gang.

Why not...

Why Not (resized).png

1 week later
#2881 1 year ago

Damn 407, I haven't been following TNA numbers in while, but it seems like sales for ACNC have surpassed TNA. Though, I suspect there is a fear of missing out with a limited run. Once they announce a "last call" for TNA, I'm guessing a bunch of tire kickers will pull the trigger. I put my guess for TNA at 500 and I think it may be surpassed.

3 weeks later
#3033 1 year ago

Well...according to Google Maps none of this is real. Do you guys even have a factory?

Untitled (resized).png

1 week later
#3106 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Charlie for President!!! How can anyone not like this guy??

On cue. Game has been to most major shows, go play it.

1 week later
#3171 1 year ago

I'm down for the moving party. Let us know if you need help. PS: Things might be happening on my quest for a MET.

1 month later
#3425 1 year ago

The butter cabinet on ACNC looks amazing!!! If I were to ever splurge for something like that on a showpiece machine it would be for this game. Having said that if it's just going to sit wedged between other machines perhaps there is a better used for that cash. Totally depends on the situation. I would probably spend that same cash to get color DMDs in my other games, but like I said originally it's amazing on this game.

#3584 1 year ago

Too bad about the hicups, but shit happens. We were able to see most of the monster modes during Bowen's game. Loved seeing the light show for modes like Vampire, with the pulsating red. Probably has been there before, but this was the first time I noticed that players had the ability to gamble points on the skill shot. Very cool.

#3606 1 year ago

Other notes from the stream: Will need to see it a few more times, but hunting down the monsters looks like a lot of fun. You seemingly have to uncover where they are hiding by shooting various shots. The hurry up is also insane. It goes from like 15 million to 1 million in maybe three seconds. Bowen said it needs to be hard, because if you are seeing it at all you are kicking [the games] ass.

#3717 1 year ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I'm just asking if them went to the length of using a blue light.

I was there. There was no special blue light or anything like that. Jack does bring some pretty standard white lighting, but my impression is that's just to maintain consistency, versus relying on whatever house lights are available where he's setting up. The only discussion I recall about lighting during the evening was something like, "Should we leave the house lights on or shut them off?" "Let's shut them off." "Okay." Behind the scenes Spooky and crew were simply focused on trying to provide everyone a glimpse of the most up to date code possible.

#3724 1 year ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

does the monster do anything?? theres no real toy?

The monster which raises up is not the innovation. The innovation is the ball locking mechanism. It's pretty cool, but I'm a fan of finding ways to use the same shot in multiple ways. Here you're basically getting a ramp that can be shot in either direction and diverted from either direction. In this case the "multi-directional diverter" is used to feed physical ball locks, however it would be a shame if it were a one-and-done innovation. I could see this design being used in orbits to create some amazing combos.

1 week later
#3813 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Every time i look at it I'm blown away by the artwork. Just phenomenal guys!

Every game from Spooky has been better then its predecessor. Majorly jumping the gun, but I can't wait to see what's next.

1 month later
#4050 1 year ago

All I know is that they are working crazy hours to try to make this game amazing for everyone. They have a great team, but finding additional staff in a town with a population under 1,000 isn't easy. They are a very small business, but I think they are the 2nd or 3rd largest employer in Benton.

#4087 1 year ago

Have you tried contacting them outside of Pinside? I'm not sure this is the best method for those with money down to get information. Or, perhaps there hasn't been an update because there isn't anything to update. In Charlie's last post games were shown on the line and there was mention of ramp issues causing some of the setback. Beyond that we've all been told for some time that they are still working at perfecting the code.

Quoted from frankmac:

Post a video of game play. You have the pin do a Mobile phone vid??
What happened to dead-flip coming back in 2 weeks?

Hilton can probably get you guys some pictures or video, but I think people want something high quality. Maybe ask Jack if he's able to do another gameplay video of Alice Cooper.

#4092 1 year ago

If I happen to by an Alice I'll try to take some more pictures and perhaps a video.

#4106 1 year ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Is that a buttered cab in the pic?

I'm pretty sure that is the standard cabinet. I actually think the butter cabinet would be harder to get good picture of. It looks great in person, but it's glossy and I think the camera would really pick up a lot of the reflected light. It's totally unnecessary, but it looks great. If you're going to splurge on it for any game this might be the one to do it on.

4 weeks later
#4290 1 year ago

My take is that Spooky is in no rush to sell out. Currently on their line are there number one and number two selling games. Perhaps they would just assume spend their time making games and updating coding before prioritizing a professional video. As it is, Spooky already has a lot of sold games to make. Why spend time to show off an unfinished product, just to add customers to the end of an already long list. Didn't Charlie say something to this effect? Something about, how having so many machines to build is a good problem to have, but it's still a problem none the less.

#4336 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

smaller number of shots

#4416 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Awesome! Glad to see this in action finally. Thanks for posting these!
Is there a good amount of obstruction in the middle of the playfield? Or is all of it just split level? Seems like it's more based on lower field play.
The graphic work on the LCD is really pretty solid for how early this is in the table's life!

The center of the playfield consists of a target bank, flanked by a scoop (left) and mini Danesi lock (right). The more flowing ramps and orbits are to the outside.

#4439 1 year ago
Quoted from wesman:

Cool, thanks for the answer!
I was checking a bit on TNA, haven't played it much or in a good while. When looking at the playfields of both, are they pretty similar with the long outer loops, and up high playfields? How similar are they in that regard?

Hmm...I don't know. I guess that game is also scoop, targets, lock; but it really doesn't feel all that similar to me.

#4456 1 year ago

I hope this is okay to share, but on one of my trips to Spooky, Charlie was going though the audio recordings. One of the lines was something like, "Nobody would dare enter the castle by their own volition." Alice started to read it, paused, and then asked someone to look up "volition". If my memory is correct, he then repeated that word a few times and read the line again in character.

#4459 1 year ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That is another example of why someone should have been producing/recording this with AC (or if someone did they used the wrong guy). If it was not a word or sentence Cooper would normally use or be comfortable with, they should have changed it to fit his style.

Sure, but it's also Spooky's game. I think they need some freedom to write a script. Plus if anyone knows more about classic horror than Alice, it's Charlie.

1 month later
#4692 1 year ago

It's all good. Not every game is for everyone.

#4712 1 year ago

I think it's safe to say that Benton, WI has the highest population of pinball professionals relative to it's population.

Capture (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4768 1 year ago

Last of the TNA parts are in Benton. They are at 14 games per week, so TNA will be done very soon. After that they will switch over to Alice. I expect production to be a bit under TNA numbers, since Alice has a bit more going on in terms of production, but maybe 8-10 games a week is realistic.

2 weeks later
#4838 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Insects mode , once you squash ten bugs you then battle the insect creature .

Ripped his arms off myself yesterday!!! Fun mode.

#4855 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I think it appears the collecting of weapons is now gone. Is that right?
Magicchix

Pretty sure Charlie said in chat that weapons are in the hard difficulty boss settings.

3 weeks later
#4968 11 months ago

Didn't they say they were working on some overseas orders for people who were waiting to ship along with their previously ordered TNAs.

3 weeks later
#5079 11 months ago

If money was not a barrier I'd go grey with a butter cabinet, but I agree they both look good.

1 month later
#5396 9 months ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I know people like to shit on Pinstadium here but can we all be adults and be honest on what we are getting. This game is way too dark and needs a little extra lighting whether it be Pinstadium or Spooky just adding a kit upgrade. I have had people at my house constantly ask why my TNA is so much darker than my other games and it drives me nuts. Clearly this is a production staple of Spooky games since the same complaint has come from owners of Rob Zombie and Most Haunted. With that said spookycharlie is there something that can be done as a lighting upgrade from the Spooky side of things without having to look outside of what you are producing for us?

Weird...I have TNA sitting right next to a Metallica Premium and the only comment on TNA lighting I've ever had is, "It's like an orgasm for your eyes." I honestly think additional GI lighting would ruin the light show.

#5475 9 months ago

They are both great games.

#5482 9 months ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep that’s why I plan on getting Iron Maiden next . It will look good next to Alice Cooper.

Great pair. I'd be happy with either, which makes me wonder if I belong on Pinside. Seems like you have to pick a side between Spooky, JJP, and Stern. I just enjoy all pinball too much.

3 weeks later
#5538 8 months ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Down vote all you want.

Dude, it's the constant negativity. I just don't get it. There are games I don't like too, but I don't feel the need to constantly post my opinions in those threads. Just move on to a thread where they are discussing a game you enjoy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Trade
Sale Pending!
Greenfield, WI
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside