5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1457 6 years ago

Not great photos, but looks really nice in person.

20180316_120751 (resized).jpg20180316_120751 (resized).jpg

20180316_120758 (resized).jpg20180316_120758 (resized).jpg

20180316_120754 (resized).jpg20180316_120754 (resized).jpg

#1612 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Not seeing the home run I had hoped for so far in this game at first impression. I like Alice Cooper and all the call outs but not many big toys or moving guillotine like I had played for the game. Still hope it’s a hit for everyone to enjoy.

I thought Charlie said it's a working guillotine...

#1653 6 years ago

I was able to play several one ball games tonight. The game does have lots of flow. Charlie says there are 11 shots in the game, so there is plenty to keep you interested. Never been a preorder guy before, but emailed KT today to get one.

#1806 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Shot those targets several times this weekend and no SDTM from them for me.

Same here. Played lots of games and no issue ...

1 week later
#2081 5 years ago

Sent order at 8 AM sharp and got my wait for deposit details email from Kayte.

My first Spooky game...

#2087 5 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I got my order in as well. Spooky beat out Stern and JJP for my pinball $ this year.
TNA and AC now both on order.

My plan was to order TNA months ago. I buddy of mine locally beat me to the punch and ordered TNA. ( damn you TigerLaw )
Our community locally is too small to have a ton of duplicate games, so I passed on TNA.

Spooky will get my money for the only new game I will purchase this year.

#2097 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Please if you have not heard from me in any way today send me an email RIGHt away. I have tried to get to everyone but I am sure someone has slipped through the cracks. [email protected]

Might we get our deposit email later today Charlie?

#2102 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I’m debating on this title or TNA

TNA is a blast. Don't think you will go wrong with your decision.

#2114 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Meaning both pins are great and I can’t go wrong with either one?

Yep! After playing both at TPF, no bad decisions. TNA is awesome now. ACNC has a nice layout and was fun in its early code.

#2130 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3 weeks till Midwest Gaming Classic... that is the next chance people will get to play it and guessing more code and hopefully on 2 or 3 ball then.
That will be a good chance for sales to happen.

Did you order one Hilton?

#2141 5 years ago

I like the stock color better.

I went with inside decals and plastic protectors. I can add the shaker and knocker myself.

#2154 5 years ago

My invoice was 2014. No idea if that's the order the games will come out.

#2159 5 years ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I called at 8 and my email after I couldn't get in was at 8:01 and I'm invoice 2037, which sounds a good bit down the list from y'all. Maybe this isn't the order.

What time did you get in?

1959 is the lowest number so far. Maybe they started at 1900 or 1950?

No matter to me, just glad to get in for this title.

#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

My invoice from pinball star says 0001. I paid at 9:02 EST. Emailed at 9:00

Oh, Pinball star. No idea how those outside sellers will fit in the folks ordering from Spooky direct.

Did John order?

#2182 5 years ago

Maybe Charlie will let us know how many were sold after they catch their breath.

My bet is 250 sold yesterday....

#2309 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Understood and thanks. Hopefully not the case as some buyers might what to purchases other pins in the mean time to fill in the time. lets just say your pin will not ship until October then some buyers might want to fill that gap with a pin to flip. I don't see a issue with a # release it is what it is. Oh well no need to speculate on this as time will tell..

I agree with this. I ordered mine at 8AM the first day orders opened. I don't know if my game will be here in June-July-August timeframe and may need to add a cheap game to flip until that date. Hence it would help knowing sooner...

#2370 5 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Last night at Wrestlemania 34, Alice Cooper's guitar player, Nita Strauss, played one of the performers intros live and was freaking awesome! 31 years prior, Alice Cooper helped out Jake the Snake Roberts in ring at Wrestlemania 3.

It was awesome live! I had no idea it was her until after the show.

1 week later
#2458 5 years ago

I found a couple of pics from TPF that show the blue trim.

20180316_120754 (resized).jpg20180316_120754 (resized).jpg

20180316_120751 (resized).jpg20180316_120751 (resized).jpg

#2461 5 years ago

The silver vein looks great to me. It what I asked for on my game.

The blue looks nice...

#2498 5 years ago

Really good video. Thanks for posting.

Will the lighted speaker panels be an add on or standard on the game?

#2550 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Lol.... I'm far from perfect and certainly not where I want to be yet, but we did bring in help on this game from far better players than I to refine and smooth out everything the best we could.
I'm going to get back to work and tune out for a while. Better for the sanity.

I thought the game played well at TPF. I didn't have many "bricked" shots while playing.

Hence the reason I ordered one.

1 week later
#2661 5 years ago

Anybody get a build number yet? Kayte told me they were waiting for overseas orders last week before sending out the numbers.

1 week later
#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Someone asked for a chart so here's a 1st draft. This is a very simple model with the following assumptions:
18 months of production, starting June 1
20 production days per month
360 production days, 1.388 games per production day, 27.77 games per month
no corrections for ramp up, holidays, playing hooky or shutdowns due to godzilla attack.
Posters who have provided a game number are listed with an estimated delivery month

Nice work! Guess I won't have 219 for my Halloween tourney...

1 week later
#2909 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Shaker, Knocker, Art blades and Plastic protectors are a must for starters.

I agree. Plan to do these items and see what other big mods get cooked up.

3 weeks later
#3053 5 years ago

It's pretty dead around here. Any other videos of game play released?

#3072 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

The custom pingulps I painted for this game are also now available at pinball life.
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=5160

They look awesome! Ordered one this morning.

#3098 5 years ago

I am also looking forward to some more game play footage.

Maybe the game will sell out after this show...

#3142 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:...... So any gameplay of this game yet that is high quality? I know when this was first released it was so hard to hear and see and others said that will come eventually.
Did I just miss it?

I was wondering about this also. I really only want to see how the game has progressed since playing it at TPF.

#3157 5 years ago

Any word from Spooky about shipping dates for the first machines?

Can’t wait to videos from owners once they get shipped...

#3165 5 years ago

I would love speaker lights.

If it's an easy install maybe Pinball Life could stock them for us to add ourselves.

I have already received my knocker kit, pingulp, and shaker motor for my game that won't be delivered until next year. Who wants to bet that I can't find the parts when my game comes in.

1 week later
#3197 5 years ago

Made good on the promise to ship in June. Refreshing to see that in pinball.

Now just 218 more to go for mine...

2 weeks later
#3311 5 years ago

So, are the lighted speakers going to be on ACNC? Option? Cost?

I have lighted speakers on all my modern games. Alice would look weird in my collection without them...

2 weeks later
#3551 5 years ago

Shots are tough, but man it looks and sounds great.

#3652 5 years ago

I guess to each their own...I was hoping for something more comic-bookish.

#3703 5 years ago

After watching the latest Twitch stream, I am still Ok with my preorder. It looked that players got better with the tight shots as they put more games on the machine. I also learned a ton about the rules.

Game is still pretty glitchy, but looks like a blast to play. Charlie and Co will work those out way before I get mine.

#3759 5 years ago

Any date set for the next Dead Flip stream with Spooky?

#3790 5 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

Sorry haven't followed this thread lately...
Any games coming off the line yet?

A couple noted so far.

#3797 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I received an email this week that said mine would be built in the next couple of weeks (#14). So production looks like it’s spinning up!
FYI - speaker light kits will be a new option available at order time for $95. They’ve been offering these for a while on TNA.

Only 205 to go for me! That's better than 219 to go.

#3835 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Got the call today for balance of payment at #48. I assume that ours goes on the line shortly!
We will be playing this B e e o c h before Halloween
I can already smell the buttery popcorn, um I mean buttery cab right now!

Great news!

#3870 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

No more talk about the gameplay from owners yet?

Are any games in non route holders yet? It looks like all the first games are all on location. Would love to hear a review from somebody with a game in their home. You can judge music, callouts, and game play better that way IMO...

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did you see this?

I did, but thought that was a game on location.

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We set up ACNC #2 on route in Madison on Thursday afetrnoon. Code has come a long way since the last time i Played it at Allentown and is pretty fun already. With twenty games last night, i am dialing in shots and it is butter smooth, challenging at first, but quickly find the shots and wow is it fun. Needed a few small tweaks and likey a few more over time, as every route game needs them. I am liking it much more than I initially thought I would. I can see the Bowen polish already happening and this game is going to be great one at full code.
By far spooky best layout and shooter IMHO. To me the shots are what matters and with Bowen at the helm and teamed up with fawzma, i am getting excited for what comes. I feel very lucky that we have one on route and get to watch it grow over the next few months.
Game is located at Marias on East wash fr anyone wanting to check it out. They open at six PM tues through sunday and if you get there at open you can hear the game well. Please text us if you experience any hangups or bugs as we report everything to team spooky so they can make adjustments and code tweaks as they go.

From the videos, it looked like players got the hang of the shots as they played more games.

I won't get my game for quite some time, but what tweaks have you done so far?

Too bad no games on route in Houston or NOLA...

#3879 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am pretty excited to play this game at home also . Playing games on route is fun and games are showing up at really cool locations but I do hear games much better at home .Well done sound and call outs can really make the whole experience better.
My game should be done soon so I will get a chance for home play in the near future . I hope anyone on the fence about getting one these has a chance to check it out and play it so they can decide if the game is what they are looking for . Anyone in my area should not be afraid to pm me and ask if they can check this game out sometime after I get mine .

Wish I was closer.

1 week later
#3940 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Ok, let's say that is all true, then why not more transparency instead of all the secrecy? This pin had been expected to ship in numbers since early summer.

I wouldn't use the term secrecy. Information has been slow to flow from Spooky about this title. I think they are working to make this title a real winner. As soon as these things start shipping in number, I think there will be a lot of demand for this title.

I really do wish Charlie would give those that preordered regular (?) updates on the title...

#3957 5 years ago

OK guys. Lets keep the back and forth civil here. Please take personal disagreements to PM or be issued an eject from this thread.

I find the data from Greenhornet interesting. I think that folks just changed their minds on the title. IMDN and DP ended up being hits for Stern during this time. If 16 of 400+ people are not happy with their purchase, they they have the right to move the pre-ordered game. It has been now stated and we shouldn't harp on this data.

Maybe Charlie could post a nice pic of the line at Spooky to get folks excited about the title again.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Atleast none of us paid $7500 for an 82 F150.

$7500? I think those sold new back in 82 for about 7 grand.

I personally know of 2 folks that swapped their deposits from Deadpool LEs after seeing the game play video. It happens with all games.
I was lucky enough to get to play ACNC at TPF and I liked what I saw. Yes the shots are tight, but I am looking for a game with shorter ball times to put into league play.

Charlie, thanks for the pics!

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don’t think any shipped to homeowners.

I think this is correct.

1 week later
#4105 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

This is the blue powder coat that will be sent out. I know people had been asking for better pic of it.
[quoted image]

Beautiful KT. Starting to regret going with standard. Can we change our mind on our orders for options?

1 week later
#4124 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

A weekly update from Spooky on where things are at would be nice! Maybe it would save us from people posting a bunch of pictures of Alice. As much as I love Alice, he’s one ugly MF!

Or maybe more pics of games on the line???

1 week later
#4187 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

My ACNC arrived yesterday. I have it dialed in pretty well, the orbits are fast and the ramps are smooth. Upper pf is really fun with more going on than I noticed at two past shows. Loving the light show, especially when Feed My Frankenstein starts and when you activate the Mag-neat-o save. It may have the largest cabinet speaker I’ve ever seen in a game. I’ll share more pics soon.
[quoted image]

Looks awesome!

1 week later
#4284 5 years ago

I wonder which game number he is selling?

#4286 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not sure of the number, but I think he got it a month or so ago.

So where are all the game play videos of the folks that got games? Is it mainly route operators that got the game first?

#4327 5 years ago

There are a couple spots open for really great prices. I am contented to stay in for game 219. If they can do 50 games per month I would expect my game in the first half of next year.

#4355 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Magnet save works really well - pretty much the only time it doesn’t work is if I drain 2 balls and it catches them both (it doesn’t have the power to fling both).
There’s also a short ball save when it’s activated for the 5% of the time it slings it into the bottom of your flipper or directly up and stdm.

Can you post any video of game play? Have you gotten accustomed to the tight shot layout?

#4417 5 years ago

I forget how good the sound and animations are. Many thanks for posting your video.

#4421 5 years ago

I wonder if a couple of spotlights might brighten up the middle of the playfield? It looks kinda dark and I love to play pinball with lights out.

#4424 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

The voice callouts from Alice are more like somebody leading you through the castle on a tour. This works for me.

#4511 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seriously you may want to get in to the doc and have things checked out. It sounds like your eyes are not properly adjusting to the darkness of the game room with only 1 game on.
Cone cells take around ten minutes to adjust to darkness. Go in your game room, chill and appreciate the glory of the machine and then fire it up. If you still think the game is too dark then honestly, get into the doc! Many eye issues if caught can be dealt with. As we age, the eye will start to have issues so regular check ups are important.

Paging Dr. Hilton...

#4530 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Any side by side pictures of stock and blue powdercoats? Are most upgrading to the blue?

I am staying with the standard. I think it looks fine with the artwork on the game.

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Anyone planning on standard trim w/lighted speakers?

I plan to do that. Should look great.

2 weeks later
#4624 5 years ago

This place is dead. Any new unboxings or news of games shipping?

#4631 5 years ago
Quoted from pumba:

I can afford to order 1 machine, what would you get acnc or tna

Tough choice. I have played a lot of TNA and it is a great game. I think ACNC has the potential to be better.

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Does the code change the shot geometry?

It's cool that you still want to post in this thread frankmac, but constant negative posts are considered trolling.

I, for one of many, look forward to the day I unbox ACNC.

#4700 5 years ago

Glad to see everybody getting along in this thread. Thanks for making your position a bit clearer frankmac .

2 weeks later
#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Chill . lancestorm

You seem to do this all the time frankmac . I am starting to think your earlier post about owning one was disingenuous. If you don't like the game, that is cool. Please don't come in here trash a game that you don't plan to own. Other folks put there hard earned money on the game and didn't bail on ACNC.

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

So this is the thing you decide to post?

#4758 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Apparently you do in the Spooky thread. People with unpopular opinions get chased away pretty quickly here.

Not true. Feel free to express your opinion in any thread. If you do it constantly, it's trolling.( Or broken record depending)

I come to this sub-forum for news about games shipping, code updates, unboxing pics, and possible game issues that will need to be addressed. Most others that have a game pre-ordered do the same I think.

My only issue is the lack of information that Spooky has released to people with down payments on ACNC. Maybe an email blast (monthly, quarterly) to those folks would keep us in the loop. Having said that, I realize no pinball manufacturer has to keep every single consumer updated about a product in pre/regular production.

#4783 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Hey lancestorm and frankmac, please take the personal stuff to PM. I would ask the Moderators to back me on this. It is getting old guys. Bury it and move on.

Moderators are watching. Consider everyone warned.

If you missed it, here is the Buffalo Pinball twitch stream...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/355904904

#4791 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This was Texas Pinball festival. First in line on one the the two ACNC to play it.
In this video Spooky was setting the game for one ball games because the line was so long!! Good times..

Was that you videoing frankmac ? I was right behind you in line taking pics while Zach Meny photobombed all my photos.

1 week later
#4825 5 years ago

What does the little map thing mean on the display? (between free play and ball 5)

#4849 5 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362986375

Very good gameplay video with good banter between Jack and Scott...

#4857 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Scooby Doo LEGO!! My wife makes a ton of LEGO. Looks real cool with leds!!!

That Scooby-Doo set is expensive. I just picked one up on Ebay for $145...

It will look damn cool on top of ACNC though...

#4880 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I tried the only answer I got was that we are definitely getting our games within the 18 months timeframe.. I am waiting both on ACNC and MBrLE and I’m losing my god damn mind!

Same here. May get ACNC before MBrLE...

#4885 5 years ago

Thanks Magicchiz !!

TNA production should stop soon so that our games can roll out.

#4935 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

If someone decides to join the party I have #35 I will be willing to part with as I have no space and too much still coming

Which distributor? PM me with details whenever you can. I may try to sell my build and move up.

3 weeks later
#5005 5 years ago

If they get to 10 games a week, we may be getting out games by July. (219 here)

Would make a fun unboxing party for July 4th.

Alice_Cooper (resized).jpgAlice_Cooper (resized).jpg
#5021 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

SORRY ACNC PEOPLES BUT IM ONE TOO.
WE ALL JUST WAITIN.

All are welcome Gryszzz!

The waiting is the hardest part...

1 month later
#5359 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

That actually looks good. Where did you get it from? I love making my pin mine...but not gaudy.

I was about to ask the same question.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=jodester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.