Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (3 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (1 year ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (1 year ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenhornet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#996 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

There are nine monsters to battle
You traverse the castle to get to the monsters
Along the way you collect items or skills
There are different rooms in the castle, all the rooms have different items in them

it was bigfoot in the conservatory with the wrench.
or was it the pinhead in the lounge with the plunger.

3 months later
#2473 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I did put in a request to... make those posts worth big points.
That's what I seemed to keep hitting.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Not faulting the design.

why not?

from "the music man" soundtrack

Friend, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a table in your community .
Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here,
I say, trouble right here in River City.

#2485 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Could there have been switches, sure.

you read me like a book.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The smallest targets we can get ARE WIDER THAN THE NARROW POSTS WE USE!

somebody managed to find an easy and obvious solution to that problem.

American pinball cut those targets down to make them even thinner to accommodate their already too tight 'one too many shots up the playfield' layout.

ac19 (resized).jpg

not all of the posts on AC are as narrow as others.

ac01 (2) (resized).jpg

#2551 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

not all of the posts on AC are as narrow as others.

Charlie that's quite a narrative in response to someone who simply pointed out that two of your posts are not the same size as the rest.

earlier, you made it sound as though you were unable to find post targets narrow enough to front any of your narrow posts. I offered 1] a solution and 2] made a factual observation that two of them didn't appear so narrow that a standard post target wouldn't work.

so now we have an explanation. 6 months ago you had a design problem that was decimating areas of the pf. your solution/fix at the time was to use larger/sturdier posts.

They also aren't sitting in the sweet spot for an orbit, ramp, or anything super critical to game play.

so instead, to accommodate an earlier issue, they reside smack dab in the middle of the playfield.

Charlie, you've made it pretty clear we are getting 500 ACNC playfields full of rounded posts. the various costs you outlined to rework the game with some post targets are just too much at this point. if you could have, would you have considered scrapping something in the BOM for a half dozen switches, a board, and some inserts if it enhanced normal gameplay? some posters still hope its not too late.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The basic layout looks good, but the preponderance of posts and lack of stand-up targets makes it very bricky... If it's not too late, I think Spooky should seriously consider the addition of some stand-ups, or other avenues to mitigate this.

not sure if this post type from MB is worth considering, but ill throw it out there.

ac20 (2) (resized).jpg

hard to believe that over the last several months, of all the people who play-tested this game, including all the 'better players' on the 'refinement team', none of them saw/picked up on what the posters below did. believe me, the choice of going with rounded posts vs flat facing targets has a lot to do with it. compare the ball energy and movement from spookys ACNC facebook vid to most modern games with post targets when posts are struck.

in addition, I cant help but feel this is another issue working against ACNC, especially when combined with its rounded posts. this post configuration is the likely cause of what the fist poster below refers to as 'dead spots'.

ac01_LI (2) (resized).jpg

Quoted from bgwilly31:

I could use some more gameplay... I'm being honest. After watching that video of Charlie playing. I'm having strong second thoughts about pulling the trigger... the shots looked like a lot of dead spots. Uggghb. Indecision.

Quoted from robertmee:

I bought AMH and RZLE, but am sitting this one out for the time being. I probably would have rolled the dice were it not for the video that Charlie posted.

Quoted from tacshose:

I just don’t think I can put a deposit down on ACNC with such limited gameplay video.

Quoted from robertmee:

But after watching that video, I think I'm out.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Think I'll be holding off until there's some better video.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Thinking I'm going to sit this one out for now... I was all set to jump in this morning, but my more rational side is realizing there just isn't much to go off of... No offense Chuck, but all the bricking in that video didn't help a ton... I didn't see how many shots actually string together.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

Completely agree. I'm even up right now still contemplating pulling the trigger. Just something is off for me.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to agree and I don't like being negative as it should be a great game. That video should not have gone out as it did nothing to highlight any of the game's selling points.
I would get another one done ASAP!

Quoted from Whysnow:

The video was really bad.

#2591 1 year ago

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly, automatically gets a handful of people all worked up.

sorry charlie,
the video that all 9 posters i quoted in my post were referring to was the one posted on your company facebook page of you personally playing. pretty sure that was one that you made, you put out, you authorized, and you had something to do with. they were critical of what they saw in your video. that's the one that got them worked up. in fact, so much so, that they wanted to see more - hoping for something better.

Quoted from fantarama:

I'm hopeful more of this title will be revealed at/after the MGC! rrrreally wanting to see some cool gameplay.

Quoted from rubberducks:

quite a few people (me included) have postponed their decision on the game until more footage is available

Quoted from riggy469:

any chance we can get a video with Bowen playing

Quoted from mof:

Where can I review game play video from Spooky? I was hoping to review the shot map, rules, and get a sense of the ball action...

Quoted from joetechbob:

I was assuming photos, videos and reviews from MGC would start trickling in

Quoted from venom112:

Why in the world won’t they allow people to take photos and video. It’s ridiculous that there is little to no videos of gameplay out there.

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I was hoping to see a lot more discussion here this weekend.

Quoted from MT45:

Can’t wait for more gameplay during MGC!

Quoted from fantarama:

can't wait for MGC so this thread is updated with stuff about the actual game instead of google images and cringy marketing.

despite the clamoring for more video prior to MGC, no new footage from spooky this past week. I understand 'intentionally staying quiet'.

in the absence of any new company footage, the 9:00 pinball mayhem shoot showcased your game pretty well. especially the audio.

of people playing pretty badly

the guy in the Mayhem stream was a bad player? did you even watch him? that guy kinda/sorta knows what he's doing.

do people now need authorization to post gameplay play footage?
you put the game out on the floor. isn't that authorization enough?

sounds like free marketing for the manufacturer and additional input for potential buyers, especially for those of us who cant be there.

1 month later
#2957 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

It would be great to hear about the game instead of seeing Alice Cooper pics.

well, aurich had the opportunity to play the game last weekend and the only comments he made referenced the LCD screen and the cartoons. that should tell you something. personally, I do like what they've done with the comic book concept. reminds me of scooby-do, a mystery themed cartoon which had its own 25+ monsters.

Quoted from Aurich:

I got to play ACNC this last weekend and chat with Charlie. I told him the thing I was the most impressed by was the LCD... The comic book thing they've got going on ACNC is really well done.

acscooby01 (resized).jpgacscooby02 (resized).jpgacscooby04 (resized).jpg

#2960 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I have no problem with you not liking this game.

i have no problem with you thinking that i do not like this game.
trouble is, i am not on record as not liking this game.
in fact, i just complimented the cartoon imagery.
too bad certain people didn't realize i was actually trying to help Charlie understand what people were seeing in his video that was causing a number of people to dismiss ACNC as a potential purchase. i never got the chance. as a result, he has now gone 30+ days without said information.

Quoted from Whysnow:

I am pretty sure he has hit broken record status at his point. Probably best to just report him and move on. He seems to feed off the reaction to his constant negativity. Guessing the mods have a simple tool that tracks number of reports and takes action as needed.

broken record for what?
report him for what?
what was negative about my last post?
you have to guess what tools the mods have at their disposal?
cmon man. fill in some blanks for the community, rather than make vague hyperbole filled statements intended to incite.

#2964 1 year ago

alicegolfing (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3006 1 year ago
Quoted from tacshose:

I can’t figure out how this game is going to start shipping this month...Spooky did say June, correct?

based on the recent feedback and observations from GSPF [you can find them in the 'Houdini/IMDN/ACNC if you had to pick 1' thread], one might conclude this game is still a ways from being ready. consequently, a few people are already offering their place in line for sale. little to no development news for over a month. no new video. even bowens animated clip of flashing lightning bolts doesn't show the ball moving. spooky will also be in attendance at SFGE [jun 8-10]. best if everyone temper their expectations for the time being.

expectdelays01 (2) (resized).jpg

#3008 1 year ago

lets talk about some spooky news that came out of GSPF.

charlie confirmed scott danesi is designing a second game that will be produced by spooky [SD#2].

when you might expect to take delivery of SD#2? to answer that question, we need to determine the delivery estimates for ACNC and continuing deliveries of TNA?

earlier in this thread mjalexan posted a guesstimate timetable using a simplistic approach. he received 23 upvotes to 0 downvotes. despite offering what i believe to be a more realistic timeline, including the insight to justify it, for some reason i dont expect to fare that well.

Quoted from mjalexan:

This is a very simple model with the following assumptions:
18 months of production, starting June 1
20 production days per month
360 production days, 1.388 games per production day, 27.77 games per month
no corrections for ramp up, holidays, playing hooky or shutdowns due to godzilla attack.

mjlexan used an estimate of 27.77 gms/mo with no consideration for ongoing TNA production. i will be using 30 gms/mo as a start and go up from there, while also taking into account continued TNA production.

also posted on or around may 8, 2018 was hiltons estimate of 21 gms/mo with hopes for 30. again, ill be using 30 as a start and go up from there.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Late Sept I received game #2 (right after MRP)
It may have been the first weekend in Oct once I had it on route.
(memory is foggy but that is pretty close)
So 7 months since the first ones left the factory and now we are 150 deep. Looks like Spooky is averaging 21 built per month (through multiple shows also and initial production stuff) so that is pretty good. That would mean #420 should be getting built about this time next year
I would guess that number gets closer to 30 per month now that show season is closing, ACNC will be busy with refinement/ almost sold out?, and it is crank out the game time.

at the GSPF spooky seminar on sun may 20, 2018, kayte confirmed that after the family returned to benton, charlie would sign off on another ~16 more TNA machines making a total of 200 out the door. despite pinside numbers being around 150 at the time, spooky is 50 above that for a number of possible, as well as stated reasons:

1] games to route operators above #150 may have been shipped already
2] games destined for show appearances above #150 may have been shipped already
3] previous spooky cutomers above #150 may have moved to the front of the line
4] games above #150 headed to a common foreign desitnation may have been bundled to save on freight/customs handling

at any rate, kayte confirmed 200 completed/out the door as of the end of may.
eight months of production, from oct 2017 thru may 2018, equates to 200/8 = 25 machines/month. for the purpose of this discussion, lets increase that number to 30 gms/mo as a base figure. additionally, we will look at scenarios under capacity increases of 33% [40 gms/mo] and 50% [45 gms/mo].

in a recent interview, pinball stars joe newhart confirmed a recent jump in TNA orders. he stated that that a few months ago he was reordering and recving numbers in the 250s, but that suddenly those numbers jumped to over 300. at GSPF on may 20, it was confirmed that next TNA sale would be #426. so, 175 machines sold over the last several months. given that fact, it would appear conservative to project another 175 TNA sales will come in over the next 19 months/1.5 years, bringing total TNA sales to at least 600 by jan 2020 [the approx month spooky has stated they expect to wrap up ACNC production]. after deducting the 200 already out the door, thats an expected backlog of 400 TNAs [225 already committed and 175 more expected over the next 19 months]. when coupled with the entire run of 500 ACNC, thats 900 machines to be produced in the immediate future.

if production continues at a rounded up current pace of 30 games/month, it will take 30 months [900/30] or 2.5 years to reach TNA #600 and ACNC #500. nearly jan 2021.

of course production could take place faster, but when asked about expanding capacity, spookys response did not include expanding factory space. their expansion plans were more along the lines of making additional hires when 'schools out for summer'.

they also indicated that they were on a very timely schedule with pinballlife who is their primary parts supplier, that their trailer capacity allowed for ~25 games worth of parts per trip, and that they expected to make 2 trips a month. all in all, the impression i was left with was that they were content with, and limiting themselves to, making at the very most 50 gms/mo.

comparing the complexity of the build of ACNC relative to TNA, one would think that with ramps, subways, multiple orbits/ball guides, toys, sculpts, etc, it will be more labor intensive and require more manhours to build/fine tune an ACNC than a TNA. this could end up being a factor in their ability to increase throughput.

at any rate, here is a summary of expected completion dates at the current rate of 30 gms/mo, as well as 33% and 50% increases in capacity.

30 gms/month [current rate] = 30 months to complete 900 games = nearly jan 2021
40 gms/month [33% increase] = 22.5 months] mar 2020
45 gms/month [50% increase] = 20 months] jan 2020

when can someone expect a TNA if they ordered one today?

TNA #426 [next in line as of may 20] is currently 225 machines out, 426-200 out the door. if TNA production is balanced/offset with an equal number [225] of ACNC machines that puts a TNA order placed today at 450 machines out.

@ 30 gms a month = 15 months = delivery in aug 2019.
@ 40 gms a month = 11 months = delivery in may 2019.
@ 45 gms a month = 10 months = delivery in apr 2019.

production-wise, spookys plate is full.
with the guaranteed sell of SD#2 on the coattails of ACNC and TNA,
spooky will be busy making these three titles for the next 3+ years.
just be prepared to wait.

question is.. how long can you/do you want to wait?

ben heck was right.

#3009 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Cant wait to see what you guys come up with

alicegolfing09 (resized).jpg

#3012 1 year ago

sorry stylesbitchly, but that was a highly informed post by the greenhornet.
he spoke with charlie all three days at GSFE.

he still hasnt had anything bad to say about ACNC.

#3014 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I already have. So how about you?

mods are going to tell you to take it to pm.

#3027 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bryan, apparently you now own Pinball Life.

I was wrong.
gave credit to the wrong gentleman for owning a pinball parts company.
misunderstood kayte.
hope he enjoyed his 15 minutes.

#3036 1 year ago

despite charlie acknowledging that 'pinball is hard',

if you zoom in on that map … you will see how close spooky is to being on 'easy street'.

#3049 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

best part about this, LOL

Quoted from Whysnow:

LOL. Greenhornet just done screwed up... Gotta love when a dup account holder messes up switching accounts and they are posting to hype themselves.

Quoted from Whysnow:

he is so verbose normally, yet this comment seems to not deem a reply from him, LOL!

he who laughs last, laughs best/longest

#3052 1 year ago
IMG_20180601_164007 (2) (resized).jpg
#3097 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

We need some current photos and info from sfg.

I have no problem seeing more animations and still photos of the art, or hearing more soundtrack and callouts. by all accounts, those aspects of the game are fine and none of them are deal breakers. in fact, they are the games selling points right now.

what we need is video [and hopefully more than 4:37].
for some, how ACNC actually shoots is going to make or break this game.

either one of two things is going to come out of SFGE:
1] new/additional video .. and people will talk about that, or
2] no new/additional video … and people will talk about that.

#3099 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Maybe the game will sell out after this show [SFGE] ...

perhaps.
the hints being dropped long ago make it sound as though its a foregone conclusion. whysnow gave most of us the impression it was close to selling out over a month ago. assuredly it will, and certainly sometime in the next 18 months that it will take to produce them all. with 50 machines going to AC charities, a sellout requires only 450 additional buyers.

and that gives us something to think about. with the game sold out, whatever anyone has to say [good, bad, or indifferent] regarding any aspect of the game will not interfere with spookys ability to sell any additional machines; it will not have a bearing on spookys obligation to produce those 500 units; and it will not have a bearing on the 500 buyers obligation to buy said 500 units. seems like any talk about ACNC will have no affect on sales or production and, in that respect, certainly nothing worth getting upset about.

#3102 1 year ago

BudManPinFan last edited this post 1 hour ago: “Decided not to feed the troll”

everyone sees what you did there.

3 weeks later
#3229 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I can’t wait for my 1st Spooky!..
it won’t be ready until winter 2019

for you to wait that long takes an insane amount of patients.
cuckoo02 (resized).jpg

#3233 1 year ago

Always, good things come to those that wait!

is that from the book of proverbs?
how about this one: "all good things must come to an end".

I did find some ACNC footage from SFGE.
one clean flip at 1:33 of this walk-through video.
nothing to worry about.

#3251 1 year ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

That is game #1 there's some bugs

expect every ACNC to have some bugs

bugs01 (resized).jpg
#3260 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, nothing to add?

is there anything wrong with a policy of silent transparency?

silenttransparency (resized).jpg
#3270 1 year ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

[rock and roll hall of fame] visitors... expected to significantly increase since Cleveland residents are now free.

sounds like the degenerative [as well as non-degenerative] youth of cleveland just got themselves a brand new, free admission, 15+ pinball machine arcade to use as a hangout.

pinballhalloffame (resized).jpg
#3276 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like JDanger created his own scheduling conflict.

both jack and charlie were on the convention floor at SFGE for three straight days [june 8-10]; jack with his streaming rig, and charlie with a sample ACNC. jack streamed 27 hours of stern games [ACDC, IMDN, MET] over the weekend, but no footage of ACNC. charlie even drops by to play a game of MET with jack on the sunday stream. perhaps stern paid for jacks trip and was he obligated not to stream competitors games, otherwise, why didn't they hook up then?

fingers crossed the upcoming streams meet each and everyones expectations.

#3285 1 year ago

if you mean like 1995 all over again? you may be right.

if you wish to discuss the game and how ACNC might shoot, no fear is an excellent reference point. both games have playfields that make exclusive use of ball paths separated by rounded posts. since that characteristic is the same for both games, you should expect the ball movement off missed shots in ACNC to reflect that of NF. you do not need to wait for new ACNC video to get an idea of how it might shoot, you can watch examples of NF gameplay today.

Quoted from nman:

How are armchair pinball designers ever going to find all the glaring--but somehow yet undiscovered--flaws in the ACNC design based solely on online videos.

we are comparing ACNC with a game designed 23 years ago by Steve Ritchie, the 'king of flow', hardly an armchair pinball designer; and clearly someone who Charlie has a lot of respect for.

I will be breaking down a couple more NF videos to give those who are interested a better understanding of what to look for in ACNC gameplay videos when they finally surface. out of respect, that info will be posted outside of this thread.

in the meantime, heres a short NF vid by a novice player, for those who care.

Quoted from tbutler6:

Oh Geeze, Show some respect

checking my last few posts, I find nothing disrespectful in questioning whether an opportunity was missed to stream ACNC at SFGE or pointing out the similarities between ACNC and NF.

now this, on the other hand, is disrespectful.

Quoted from lancestorm:

greenhornet is an attention whore.

#3298 1 year ago

in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, addressing hiltons last two posts containing bastardizing comments directed toward me will be a dish best served cold, most likely outside of the spooky sub forum.

bastardize: verb : to change something in a way that makes it fail to represent the values and qualities that it is intended to represent.

in the meantime, understand that ...

Quoted from Mr68:

people know how Hilton is with his exaggerations, insults and lack of using the truth... Don't ever try to be reasonable with Hilton and know that whatever you might trust him with in private, he will betray you, use it against you and he fights dirty.

#3333 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

the best video I've seen by far. Still not what I'm looking for and it's somewhat old ...

contentious, at the time, as well.

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly, automatically gets a handful of people all worked up.

even though it has been three months since then, it appears everyone will finally see what they have been missing sometime after replay fx; which will be … in two weeks.

#3363 1 year ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm [TNA] number 196, I ordered October 12th and my game is shipping either this week or next [mid jul'18]. Original estimate given to me at the time of order was delivery in Jan/Feb of 2018. So, from time of first payment to delivery, my machine has taken 9 months to be delivered... just stating facts so if anyone is thinking of getting in they can be conservative with their estimates of when they will get their game.

being off 5-6 additional months on top of an original delivery estimate of only 3-4 months [oct'17-jan/feb'18] appears to be a pretty big miss. ~150% increase in wait time, with similar misses expected for every customer who ordered around that same time and was told the same thing, as well.

whysnow continues to estimate spooky is churning out games in the mid 20's per month. looks like their initial forecasts were in the 40-48 gm/mo range [10-12/week]. over time, that's going to create a discrepancy no matter how you slice it.

for the time being, best info on expected deliveries going forward remains post #3008.

a part of that post rationalized why ACNC production might progress even slower than TNA.

Quoted from greenhornet:

comparing the complexity of the build of ACNC relative to TNA, one would think that with ramps, subways, [upper playfield], multiple orbits/ball guides, toys, sculpts, etc, it will be more labor intensive and require more manhours to build/fine tune an ACNC than a TNA. this could end up being a factor in their ability to increase throughput.

1 week later
#3438 1 year ago

will jack and guests be playing a production machine or a prototype come monday?

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, but we all voted and u don't get to watch the video.

if that voting went down anything like last years TWIPY awards, then i can see how you won.

ON, WISCONSIN.

camprandall01 (2) (resized).jpg
#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

When would be the expected arrival date of game #45?

somebody out there is going to tell you october. if games numbers mean anything, that's 368 games sooner than the guy who just put a deposit on #413 just over a week ago.

#3450 1 year ago

pretty sad.

somebody has an op to purchase game #45. i point out to him that the current queue is at #413+ and that he can save months of waiting; possibly take delivery in october. its incredibly straightforward.

now where are you coming from?
i make no mention of you personally [have never had an interaction with you before], i make no light/fun of anyone or circumstance, i make no comment [good/bad/indiffernt] regarding your decision to purchase #413. what is it that you are possibly inferring from the context of my post that upsets you? what assumptions are you making as to my mindset at the time i wrote those two sentences that have you believing im 'calling you out'? why are you telling me to take my ball and go play elsewhere? why dont you just read what is written, as written.

this exchange only goes to show how damning character assassination can be and, as a victim, how difficult it is to resurrect oneself. whysnow is playing all of you.

#3457 1 year ago
jackdangerjuly3003.jpg
#3459 1 year ago

Please come here and work for a few weeks so you can see exactly what is going on.

lets see how far I can get with another constructive recommendation before getting trashed.

I don't need to come to benton in order to see 'exactly what is going on' - and neither does anyone else who is unable to make a similar trip. I understand jack danger with be at spooky HQ tomorrow with his camera rig in tow. what perfect timing for customers/distributors/the industry/the curious. in addition to the gameplay stream, an opportunity presents itself to show everyone 'exactly whats going on' by allowing jack to tour the facility as part of his broadcast. probably 10 minutes to walk through the warehouse/barn and then across the street to see how that is coming together. even if he simply recorded footage to edit later for someone to authorize that would still be better than nothing.

Speculate all you want. We make games, not drama. Hope it always stays that way.

if people are speculating/wondering, its understandable given whats taken/failed to take place going during the past several months. just read most of whysnows recent posts made in spookys defense/behalf to see who is the real 'boy wonder'.

given the number of customers patiently waiting for games, it would go a long way for them to see what could be shown during a factory tour. a surefire way to reduce speculation and wonderment, while helping to further legitimize [apparently whysnow believes stern has done this for spooky recently] the company.

hope and expect bowen to be there. if not, it will be a missed opportunity and a big disappointment. having the creator of the rules there to explain them, HUGE. we would also witness arguably one of the greatest players of our time shooting the game. in addition, he has had nearly three months to practice on one of the prototypes. will be interesting to see if mere mortals are allowed to give it a go.

#3462 1 year ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

What are you even talking about?

given the opportunity, would anyone care to see a tour of the spooky facility? does anyone else care if bowen plays tomorrow?

Quoted from iceman44:

Are you drunk?

No.

#3663 1 year ago

where is everybody?
what a fortuitous break. no longer do people have to wait two more weeks to see some extended ACNC gameplay. could be coming up in less than an hour, streamed from van nuys, ca. kinda ironic that the first preserved, extended play, video of ACNC might be from my home state.

Karl DeAngelo takes his streaming seriously. first class equipment. sufficient lighting. he will showcase the players skills/abilities as much as the game itself. as far as the skill level of the players, karls skills are on par with those of bowen, and some of the league players meet or exceed those of jack danger. as already mentioned, the game has been set up and available for at least a day. hopefully it will be dialed in better than mondays example.

it will be interesting to see how it all pans out - above average players, most of them seeing the game for the first time. pretty serious guys, and unbiased/impartial ones at that. they arent there trying to sell games. most of them likely do not have a deposit down on the game. they are there to play pinball. expect honest/genuine reactions. they wont be happy if the game makes them look bad. they will likely be concluding a tournament and will trying their darndest.

#3696 1 year ago

[Franky] goes up and down.

It would be cool though if Franky popped up and served cocktails.

it would be really cool if he could dance and sing,
but we might have to settle for just the part beginning at 1:25

#3741 1 year ago

kinda dead in here today.
is everybody hanging out by the pool?

redpool02.jpg
#3767 1 year ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Well at least Spooky didn't just slap a bobble head in the Alice Cooper pinball.

Quoted from kvan99:

The funny thing is the K-man podcaster actually thinks it's a place holder...Ha!

did you find out what he thought about prospective buyers being able to watch jack danger stream DP a week after its reveal vs waiting four months in the case of ACNC?

this was one of the legitimate real world concerns raised in a post yesterday, but that post has since been reduced to dots.

2 weeks later
#3895 1 year ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I’m #108, so I’m looking forward to hearing what they say. I checked about a month ago and they didn’t want to even venture a guess back then.

bowen is a math teacher.
he should be able to assist spooky with their forecasting.

forecast03 (resized).jpg
#3916 1 year ago
Quoted from dnaman:

No worries, I just had put myself in a situation in the POTC Updates thread

you were not wrong. the lack of communication from manufacturers failing to keep waiting buyers up to date is a problem. your post below could very well be addressing several different manufacturers at this time.

Quoted from dnaman:

Communication.
I'm not asking for a committed delivery date, just would like to see how they are progressing. Are they on schedule?
We have been part of the process since the reveal. Many of us have been here for the long haul, many tune into the live stream (or watch afterwards), many have deposits or have paid in full. There have been ups and downs and they have come through beautifully. I assume that there are no major changes and software will continue to evolve, although it is close to complete now (rule wise), so it really is now just about 'when can I get mine?'
You can't compare present day pinball manufacturing to any other time in the past. We are connected and communication is not too much to ask for.

1 week later
#3954 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Nah - he made the wrong decision.
his loss is your gain.

reckless was he? no, there is another.

and another,
and another...

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

A few people freaking out about every opinion/comment/video that gets posted and second guessing themselves.

reality check.
more than just a few.
they cant all be making the 'wrong' decision as well, can they?

35 travisbmartin.. [sold off]
45 mr86 ........... [offered 4sale]
59 mjalexan ...... [offered 4sale]
62 norcalrealtor .. [sold off]
64 nikpinball ...... [offered 4sale]
66 frankmac ...... [offered 4sale]
113 tbutler6 ....... [offered 4sale]
114 adborto ....... [offered 4sale]
123 markymark2400 .. [sold off]
263 jhagen ........ [sold off]
286 loserkid3 ...... [offered 4sale]
323 swampfire .... [offered 4sale]
329 bellbrand ...... [offered 4sale]
343 product-of-74 .. [offered 4sale]
394 2kaulitz ........ [sold off]
xxx pinstein .. nonumber [sold off]

It’s frustrating for those of us that are really excited about this game to put up with the negative comments/innuendo from these people.

sorry, but the main source of buyers frustrations appears to lie elsewhere.

so much moxie exhibited in this thread that everything and everybody will be fine/OK. very encouraging.

#3971 1 year ago

You don’t like the pin, it’s not your cup of tea, that’s fine! There’s pins I don’t care for that other people love, but you don’t see me posting a bunch of negative aspersions and innuendo about the game.

sorry, but the post you quoted of mine did not contain a single comment about the physical game.

i made 3 points, none of them negative.

1] that after being singled out most of the day for selling his preorder position, markymark2400 was not the only person who had either sold, or at one time offered for sale, their position. there are at least 15 others.

2] that the main causation of frustration is not coming from 'these people'.

3] commending those who continue to fight the good fight.

i go out of my way to write and review my posts so that they do not violate site rules. but, when a single person can chime in, pretending to be upset when i have given him no reason to be, all the while calling me a dick and telling me to go f myself; if that type of behaviour on his part is all that is required to turn my post into a 'trolling' one, then i have reason to be disappointed with him.

Since you seem convinced there’s problems with this pin

if you would like to discuss/argue the merits of the game with someone who is on record as disliking ACNC, look no further than this mornings insightful review by thedarkknight77; immediately above your post.

#4042 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was thinking it would be cool to hear some Alice cooper. Right now.

how about 'schools out':

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Making all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

#4057 1 year ago
Quoted from fantarama:

without comparing the 2 men, it's quite different!

Elwin brought his own table design... not only he designed the game, you could say in doing so the game is also tailored for the rules.
Bowen, as much as a genius rule designer he might be, something that I don't care to discuss but must bring up to consideration that so far and as far as I know his proven experience/ability is only as a good player, must deal with the spooky design.

100% spot on fantarama.
the situations are hardly comparable for many reasons, especially your last one. plus, at stern, elwin has a team of experienced software developers and engineers to back him, whereas spooky has fawzma and whoever the 'heck' is in charge of engineering now.

#4071 1 year ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Experienced software developers at Stern? How many games can I count that are still missing code or are not even at the v1.0 level?

whether or not stern allocates coders the time and/or resources necessary to complete their games does not mean that their coders lack experience. your argument contains a logical fallacy.

coding on some of xyz companys games remains incomplete.
therefore, xyz companys coders are inexperienced.

that line of thinking isnt going to win you any debates.

your buffoonery also steers clear of the point, which is, when it comes to design/engineering/programming, at spooky there arent many people to turn to if you need help/assistance/insight that may have been garnered from past successes or failures [experience].

stern is not the only company that falls short of completing game code in a timely manner. recent activity in the RZ thread contains comments from people who are upset over the fact that a bug fix software update has been put off for some time now. in addition, the lack of software progress on ACNC has been given as one excuse for both the delay in games shipping and why people havent seen much gameplay for almost half a year now.

1 week later
#4128 1 year ago

5 months ago

Quoted from Drew13:

#26 .. It will be on location soon

one month ago

Quoted from Drew13:

We will have #26 in September

today, october 4 .. did you get your game yet?

summer has come and passed
the innocent can never last
wake me up when september ends

billie joe armstrong - green day

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
6,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Chatham, MA
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider greenhornet.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside