5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1657 6 years ago

Looks like I'm in too. Might go ahead and put a deposit down on TNA at the same time. Bowen doing the rules put me over the edge. I'm not a huge Alice Cooper fan, but the overall package seems great.

1 week later
#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The video was really bad. In person, the game shoots well and lots to shoot at.
I played a bunch of 1 ball games on it and each one I just focused on hitting each shot. They all feel good and are smooth when you hit them. Appropriately tight shots in my opinion.
I dont think there is much code on the current prototypes as they just switch from the old board system to P-roc system the week before TPF. My assumption is that it will be equal quality to TNA since all the same components (are they using the Danesi base box?).

I'm curious, have you played Houdini? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, played 4 different examples now. This is not really the thread for it, but in short I wont be buying Houdini.

I think it's appropriate, being that AC seems a bit tight, and in my opinion Houdini is entirely too tight, it needed one less shot. But thanks...

#2036 5 years ago

Sent in my deposit to Joe @ PinballStar. Wonder if I'm considered to be a previous customer if my TNA hasn't shipped yet (and is a few months away).

#2172 5 years ago

I wouldn't concern yourselves too much with invoice numbers. I highly doubt they took into account priorities for existing customers while invoicing people. I'm guessing it'll take them a day or two to suss out the details.

#2275 5 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

1) Depends on your game number (or the number given to your distributor). Charlie said 25 games ever 2 weeks for 18 months starting in June 2018.

When he said 25 games every 2 weeks, it sounded like he meant including TNA, right?

#2277 5 years ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

Pretty sure he said 25 every 2 weeks for ACNC. They are still going to be cranking TNA's out as normal. At least that's what I recall, I definitely could be wrong.

Man, that'd be great news. I'm on the list for both, so it'll be interesting to see which comes first.

1 week later
#2372 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I hope you're right! I've heard estimates out to 1 1/2 years. I have no idea if this is true though.

Charlie previously said their goal is 18 months from beginning of production (in June) to end. So yes, 1.5 years, probably best case scenario.

#2481 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I played this at MGC this weekend several times. Talked with bowen and others about the rules and the direction they are going.
Posted in the other thread:
personally, I love the direction the rules are going for ACNC. Basically, it's like a dungeon crawl board game. There is a map in the center lower part of the screen. You can move from room to room. In each room there are items you can collect or advance to another room. The more items you collect on your way to fighting the monster at the top of the room, the easier it is to defeat the boss. Basically a pinball version of a dungeon crawl board game. Fantastic. Love that aspect of it.
Game shot well as well. Everything was smooth shooting. great potential here all around.

Wow, as someone already sold on this game and a huge board gamer, this is really exciting to hear! What's my number?!

1 week later
#2701 5 years ago

Hoping I get a # from my distributor soon! Fingers crossed it's a low one.

#2717 5 years ago

Still waiting for my number from PinballStar, hopefully not an indication of where I am in line.

edit: Someone was kind enough to forward me the email. I'm #87... gonna have to get some money together sooner than I thought. Can't wait!

1 week later
#2827 5 years ago

I don't understand, they spend all this time, and money going to shows, when they can't post a good gameplay video with Bowen (or anyone else decent at Pinball, sorry Charlie!). Instead we get updates in the thread from the couple people at each show that play it and are underwhelmed by various reasons. It seems like at this point time would be better spent not going to shows every couple weeks, especially since the game is almost sold out anyway.

We understand code is rough at this point, but if it's good enough for a show, why is it not good enough for a decent video just to show us that it shoots well at least?

#2832 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I was under the impression that with bringing Bowen on-board for rules/software help, there were going to significant changes to how the game will play. Bowen is just getting underway, so let's give him a bit of time to get something put together that will be closer to the final product. No sense in taking the time and effort to create a video of a game that is going to end up bearing no resemblance to what will actually be released.
In regard to weak flippers, I'd chalk it up to low line voltage. The flippers were fine when I played it at MGC, albeit early in the day. Remember, these games are prototypes and have been played non-stop at shows and are bound to have some items wear & tear as a result.

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

The problem with posting videos while it’s still being developed is that no one on Pinside seems to understand the ‘still being developed’ part and immediately start picking apart things that aren’t finished yet. Charlie did post a video so that people could see it at that stage of development and his reward was hearing people gripe about a bunch of things still being worked on. Also, they switched from the Ben Heck board to the P3 platform just a few months ago so they’re still working on issues with that. I believe Jack is waiting to film some gameplay until they update the software in order to be fair to Spooky.

Except, again, they are okay with bringing the game to the show to let people experience it. The "effort" in making a video is about 1/10th of the effort required to travel for a show for multiple days. It's not even like most of the show goers are as aware of the state of the game like we are. We all understand "under development", they should give us more credit than that. The randoms at a show though? That's a different story!

#2838 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

probably because people are busy There is still plenty of time to sell games... less so to make them. Bowen was traveling for work last week at least.. and he was at allentown this week.
Remember.. Bowen working for spooky isn't the same as bowen being in WI all the time with spooky

Sorry, not buying it. Charlie has said several times they are waiting until the code is more complete before doing a "real" video.

#2842 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

We all just need to clam down and enjoy the Alice photos ( Hehe just keeping it towards the top).

Yeah, you are right... why bother having any sort of discussion. Let's just continue posting random Alice Cooper pics every day.

#2846 5 years ago

Okay, I get it, I'll show myself the door!

1 month later
#3091 5 years ago

Wow, more than half of this page is just "Ignored user post". Amazing.

1 month later
#3348 5 years ago

So have any more besides the one game shipped yet?

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Evidently Spooky's idea of "shipping in June" was one game.

bush-mission[1] (resized).jpgbush-mission[1] (resized).jpg

1 week later
#3510 5 years ago

He said on Twitter it's been delayed "a moment". So hopefully soon.

#3526 5 years ago

Yay, it seems to be working now.

#3530 5 years ago

They already explained they literally just put new code on it. Shit happens, chill the fuck out people.

#3538 5 years ago

Yeah, I don't want to join the bash parade, but what I'm seeing shooting wise, isn't good. So many rejected balls, not even just post hits. A shame too, because everything else looks so good. The lighting is amazing, as is the display.

#3541 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

they just said the left spinner is being prototyped and that's why so many rejects. I thought this game is shipping already right? Maybe I misheard. I love the look of this game.

I think he mispoke. He just meant that this one is a prototype, maybe? Kind of a silly excuse because it's just a spinner, but he's right, it is angling forward and that would cause more rejects than normal.

#3549 5 years ago

Okay, magnet save to the Danesi lock was pretty fucking sweet.

#3553 5 years ago

I don't know if it's the camera or what, but those strobe lighting effects that looks like little sirens in the slings are pretty awesome. If that's how it really looks I'm curious how they achieved that.

#3556 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Was a bit rough... no doubts there. Last second code update was a mistake, and 1 loose flipper switch screw caused the issue. Sad, but we'll get past it.
Big thanks to Jack Danger, Domiono's Pizza (Adam!), Bowen, and all our Aussie guests for coming over.
Happy that Jack is blowing up the game right now!!!

"One more change!" Then watching everything go up in smoke... yeah that's how it usually goes, lol. Nice to see it's going nice now (except for that pesky left spinner reject).

For the spinner it really looks like the ball keeps hitting the post to the right of the spinner on many of the shots though, so I'm not sure the spinner itself is really to blame.

#3608 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to all that watched tonight!
We had some snags, and in the interest of wanting the sexiest stream I can produce for the game, we’ll be going back to stream again soon.
To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed. Stay tuned for part 2!
I had a blast, and Bowen whooooped me!
Vampire mode 4 life!

You should reconsider not posting the video. Or at least posting everything after Scott fixed the flipper. Sure there were issues, but after that point it was smooth sailing. No one expects everything to go perfectly all the time. The footage you had was by far the best we've seen, and I bet a lot of people missed it and the ones that did see it would love to rewatch parts of it.

#3619 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

2 weeks....
Sorry guys, it was my decision to pull the video. We legitimately had 1 code bug, and 1 screw come loose on a flipper switch that put ME in a panic. While everyone else was pulling it together and saving the stream, it took me a while and some really good friends to let me know that nothing in these things goes perfectly. I cracked... stress is high when you put your whole life into this.
To Bowen and Jack Danger... you guys are insanely talented, and words can't say how much good you have done for Spooky AND pinball in general. By the end of the night you turned me from crushed to laughing and having a great time. You two, are awesome. Having Jack as a friend and Bowen now a part of team Spooky.... worth its weight in silver balls.
We need to get better and will... we're also a whole lot better than we were even 6 months ago.
I'd also like to welcome one of my best friends, therapist, monster buddy, and the best pinball animator in the biz to Benton... welcome to town Bunyip van Es! There goes the neighborhood.

FWIW, I was a bit concerned at first when the stream was going. So many bricked shots... but as time went on, it was obvious it just took some time to learn the shots, and everything was fine. Sure it's not super flowy, but not every game needs to be. This is clearly a game where shot selection and accuracy matters greatly. The lighting, animations, artwork, and rules all seem fantastic. I can't wait to see how the code continues to evolve. My deposit isn't going anywhere, and I can't wait to get mine.

#3674 5 years ago

From watching this stream and the last one, my only big complaint is that the left orbit rejects A LOT. It seems like it's always hitting the right post after hitting the spinner. Personally I feel that the shot geometry should have been tweaked a bit more. Still kind of undecided on my preorder. I keep going back and forth.

3 weeks later
#3887 5 years ago

Anyone get any new payment requests? Just curious if we've made it past 40-ish yet.

#3906 5 years ago

It is kind of suspect that they only mention that a "portion" of the proceeds go to charity. Who knows if it's $1000 or 10 cents.

6 months later
#5113 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Why the obsession with a unboxing video? What does it aid?

It aids in our curiosity.

4 weeks later
#5485 4 years ago

Just sent my final payment on #87. Hopefully should get it next month then. I'm ready!

1 month later
#5546 4 years ago
Quoted from pyramidschemebar:

#80 delivered today at The Pyramid Scheme in Grand Rapids MI!
[quoted image]

Oh damn! #87 must be close now!!!

#5550 4 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

#95 is in the house!

Wait, you got 95 already? Well okay, now I'm jealous.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider flashburn.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=flashburn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.