5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fawzmagames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#237 7 years ago

Game code would need to be rewritten to account for the display frame rate. AMH uses 15 fps. RZ+ is 30 fps.

When I first started on RZ I did use the same pinheck board as AMH for color, so it's technically possible.

The other issue is the amount of code used to get RZ color working. RZ color doesn't leave much room for extra code on AV side. AMH uses the AV code heavily for certain aspects of he game. Something I ended up decoupling for RZ. This is kinda of why AMH has AV and Firmware versions that are the same, and RZ code versions are way different.

11 months later
#987 6 years ago

I've got the code.

Just have one more mode to get in, then its fine tuning, bugs and the details.

#989 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

The way ben talked about it seems like he was doing he code is he assisting with it?

He came up with the room exploration rules, scripts and art direction. I have the fun part of taking whats in his head and putting it to code

4 months later
#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would guess it's adjustable, but I think you have to hit the target 2-3 times before it stays down. Then you can shoot that ramp in reverse, locking the ball, and starting Frankenstein multiball..."Feed My Frankenstein". That lock and reveal is what I'd call the biggest "toy" on the game.

At the moment, you have to shoot the left ramp to lock the first ball. Then get to upper playfield, knock down the drop target 3 times then lock the right side. Frank does his thing then you lower him back down by shooting the ramps and and hitting the upper drop target to collect the jackpots.

There is now enough screen room to add more details about what players need to do. They will be in the form of the yellow comic info boxes.

It will become harder and harder to restart frank. So you might want to save him for a later modes

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

How about adding call outs for the shots when the mode starts instead?

that will happen as well. We made sure to get directional callouts.

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

fawzmagames Can you share anything about the plans for the "Switch Monster Mode" targets? They are pretty much dead center on the playfield, so I'm assuming they will be important. Also hoping to see some footage of how the ball returns off of these. That remains my one area of concern in terms of how the game will shoot.

In the foyer they are there to change which monster you fight in the monster room. As soon as you take an outer orbit, your monster is locked.

When you are in just about any other room, they are used to collect an item that will help during the monster battle.

They are also used during the Insect fight as one of the targets needed to kill off the swarm.

As for the location, its not a STDM death trap as you might think. Many times the ball is being deflected to the left/right due to the metal rivets.

#1799 6 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Another question for fawzma any idea as to how many total modes will be in the game and how many different mballs the game will have the game looks awesome

8 selectable modes.
Frank MB, open in most case. If you start this MB while fighting a monster, it become a "lab MB"
Cypt MB , open in most case
Alice Cooper Guillotine MB, unlocked after beating Alice
Ethyl MB, unlocked after beating Ethyl.

They get harder and harder to activate as they get started.

Billion Dollar Baby Wizard
Super Spinners
Super Slings

All MB's can stack to help get you through the monsters. With Bowen in the picture, no idea what will change.

2 weeks later
#2360 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I’ll be curious how far the software advanced. Maybe fawzma got a few more modes coded. 5 more days until mgc!

more modes
more graphics
more fixes

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#2493 5 years ago

There are tons of graphics left to be added.. maybe 40% are in.

SFX/Voices/etc.. still need filters/processing. They are raw at this point.

#2495 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I talked to them about the inline drops, and they said, they were thinking about making it so you can set it to steal balls, or not steal balls in the settings. Which would be a win win for everyone, as you can set it how you want.

I just finished up getting lock stealing working. Its now a user setting. This will only be for Frank mode. Crypt MB will still be user specific. The next time this feature will be seen will be at the Atlanta show.

#2533 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure the ball kickout after locking a single ball is just a patch since code is incomplete? (probably dont have the logic in for dealing with locked balls yet and I think Fawzma said there will be lock stealing capabilities in future state)

Lock stealing is now in, it will be ready for game release.

2 weeks later
#2756 5 years ago

FYI a lot of changes will be coming. This is strictly for what's at the show.

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Clarify something please. After skillshot you can select your monster by hitting the center 3 targets, but you can't actually battle the monster until you get to the top room?

correct

2 months later
#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

A question for Charlie and Bowen RE: the skill shot slot machine, since it was mentioned that it's still in the prototype phase...Is there a way to make it seem less like a Vegas-style slot machine, and more "nightmarish" or "spooky?"

it will be spookified.

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I found that the spinning reel animation was too fast for my liking, just a blur but I am not at all concerned about the software and art, all of this will evolve beautifully with everyone committed to the title.
Ecstatic to see you actively participating in the thread; both listening and sharing. Killer talent!

Funny thing about the blur, I kept asking for more till I got to where it is. Maybe it could be a user setting?? j/k

I've been monitoring the entire time, just staying out of the drama

7 months later
#5224 5 years ago

No worries colors will change, just not yet. I'll put that on the list to get to after TPF.

1 week later
#5325 4 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

EDIT: Does anyone know what the difference is between the 4 magnet save options? (Original/Pattern1-3)

Its to help with flinging the magnet. Depending on the pattern used, it will attempt to throw the ball sooner after it releases from the hold.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fawzmagames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=fawzmagames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.