5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3228 5 years ago

I’m pulling the trigger. I’ve talked to Kayte and she is sending me an email verifying my place and how they want the down payment. I watched this from the beginning, and almost bought one, but SW came out and I got that instead (and yes, I love my SW). Since I’m almost last on the list, it won’t be ready until winter 2019...which works really well for me. I rarely sell my games, so I went all out, including the butter cab. The total was less than my SW prem. I can’t wait for my 1st Spooky! For those who think I should wait and buy a HUO...look where I’m from. It’s a pinball hole around here to find HUO. Plus, I get to order what I want.

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

for you to wait that long takes an insane amount of patients.

And time to save $$.

#3243 5 years ago

#413! Now for the wait. Detailed pics for those receiving games would be much appreciated...for now I have to live vicariously thru others.

1 week later
#3301 5 years ago

Got a question...and yes, I did do a quick search for the answer, but got lazy. Does ACNC have a translite or a backglass? Doesn’t affect my decision that I’ve made just curious.

#3303 5 years ago

Sweet! I ordered all the extras...shaker, knocker, protective plastics, art blades, powder coating, and butter cab...about the same price as a Stern Prem. Stern would charge a Super LE price for this...3-4k more. I haven’t played this game, then again, I didn’t play the two I own...and love them...from my research, and knowing what I like. So stoked on my first Spooky!

#3305 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Very excited for it!.
If anyone hears an updated factory mod list, or game production timeframe by #’s please share.

I’m 413, and was told winter 2019.

Nightmare Castle Pin....$6450
Knocker/Shaker install...$25 (got to buy them from pinballlife.com)
Interior cab. Decals. $65
Monster mirrors (mirror blades) $85
5 piece protector set...$25
Scary Blue powder coat...$125
Butter coat cabinet...$999

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I believe he was answering the question about the cost of mods that are available.

Not both, just Spooky sent for me for options. Per their pdf.

#3345 5 years ago

July 30. Jack Danger. Dead flip style ACNC in Benton at Spooky headquarters!

#3370 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

Just curious - any actual buyers posting in this thread as distressed as some of those who are not buying the game?
If I was worried, would not have put a deposit in. Seems easy even for a simpleton like me.

I’m in. #413...so just in. Not worried a bit. Spooky is a company of their word...history has shown this. The angst is from the few that want what they want now...sometimes a little patience will give you a big reward. That said, I understand those who are concerned about the questions of how it plays. I, myself, have bought all my pins (I only own 2 now) with never playing them...and I have no regrets...just know what I’ll like.

#3378 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You should be more concerned about whether to get butter cab or not.

ACNC’s art is too awesome to not get a butter cab...get the butter cab!

#3384 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Especially for the top 1%.

I wish you well @stylesbitchly. I’m glad you are able to enjoy this fun hobby. There are many levels...all a blast. Pinball is/should not be about out-doing each other, but supporting each other in the hobby.

#3392 5 years ago

Actually, IT'S THE OTHER WAY AROUND!

Ok, ok...before this escalates. The point being...Pinball is a hobby. There are different price levels. Those with budgets should stay within them. If not, that’s a personal choice, and there are consequences. Those at the top, can afford the top end games...just like any hobby...cars, boats, etc. If you’re at a different level, have fun, but have fun within your level, and don’t blame those who can afford more. It’s all about respect, on both ends of the spectrum..

#3398 5 years ago

Spooky ACNC. That’s the thread...all about this, but start a new thread.

#3403 5 years ago

I’ve studied all the pics out there...can’t wait for July 30th for the video. For me...this looks like a home run. The shots are unique, and I can’t figure out all of them from pics (looking at the blank playfield, from a pic on pinside, and comparing them to the pics available). From the videos so far, seems fast as well, but calculated. Looking forward to more info...but so glad I’m in.

#3409 5 years ago

I was wondering if there is anyone here who have, or has seen a butter cab (TNA, RZ). They sound incredible...what’d ya think? I’m in on an ACNC with butter cab, and just curious. Living vicariously thru others!

#3411 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen one on the TnA and would never pay the premium for it. ACNC cab is a little cooler but still, I don't think it's worth it (just like I don't think so for JJP games...)

I see your point with TNA...artwork on the cab is basic. But, ACNC really looks like a piece of art. Plus, I don’t think any other company offers something like it (I may be wrong). Everyone else uses decals/stickers. I love art, especially street art. I really can’t wait to see what it looks like...but have a while. The price is a premium...but compared to my Stern SW prem price...I have no problem paying the extra for this.

Searched pinside...got my answer. The butter cab is totally worth it to me. Can’t wait!!

#3414 5 years ago

Colors appear deeper and richer. Thanks for the pics! Yes, not for everyone, but I still am stoked about it. I think ACNC will look awesome in a butter cab. I’m also curious about color durability...my pins are not in the basement. I keep the sun off of them, but my house has a ton of windows. I’ll let ya know in 20 years lol.

Could compare to art...a print vs a real painting...they look very similar, but the real painting will look better...IMHO.

#3416 5 years ago

The sheen looks nice, but that’s be like putting clear gloss over a print for the wall. What makes the butter cab is how it’s printed. Colors look better.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not really. Decals vs. direct screen to primed wood is totally different vs. painting / print. Unless a painting is finished with a gloss glaze (few are), there is absolutely no reason why you would do the same to the print. The reason remains the same for clearing either decals or a direct print cab, to protect it and make it look glossier.

I see your point...maybe not the greatest analogy. Either way, I think the direct screen print to primed wood looks much better than decals.

#3423 5 years ago

View from the front door. The guitar will come down, and ACNC will go there. I see my games as pieces of art. So, for me, the butter cab on this particular machine makes total sense. Those with game rooms in the basement with pins tight, side-by-side, it wouldn’t be worth it.

7B2FB774-CCC3-4430-B88F-7CCD9153A9A8 (resized).jpeg7B2FB774-CCC3-4430-B88F-7CCD9153A9A8 (resized).jpeg
#3429 5 years ago

$999...but my total was about what I spent on my SW prem...and that’s not a butter cab.

#3432 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I do not have pics but the RZ cabinet in butter looks awesome !

Were you "300"? If so, cool. I asked if I could get #500 ACNC, but was told they auction off the last one for charity. Very cool of Spooky.

#3434 5 years ago

I’ve watched Spooky since AMH. I have Stern games...owned Bally’s and Williams games, love them all. I know they are a business, and businesses have to do certain things to stay alive, but Spooky really gets props. Small company, starting to make it, and a company of their word...plus they don’t forget to give back. I’m happy to have pulled the trigger for my first Spooky with ACNC...can’t wait.

#3449 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

somebody out there is going to tell you october. if games numbers mean anything, that's 368 games sooner than the guy who just put a deposit on #413 just over a week ago.

And I’m glad to do so. Can’t wait for my first Spooky...and ACNC is a beautiful pin...but willing to wait. If you’re not...why are you here? There is a number of other threads. Why call me out?

#3463 5 years ago

I’m curious. Does greenhornet have any interest in Spooky, besides criticism. Do you have a Spooky pin, or have one on order? I guess I’m wondering why you take such pleasure stirring the pot on this particular thread? There’s a certain word that comes to mind, but I think that is not to be spoken here...But greenhornet does seem to fit the definition.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But maybe he’s just an overly critical person or isn’t skilled at presenting criticism effectively - who knows. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of his criticisms - I just find that they are generally overstated.

I agree, not all his ideas are bad, but he’s very abrasive and condescending. I think it wears on people, and eventually they push back. Still curious why he has such an interest in this thread. Unless, the first part of your post is correct.

#3468 5 years ago

fantarama I see your point. Anyone is able to come anywhere here an state their opinion...and that shouldn’t be restricted...but, it’s the way it’s stated a lot of times. I guess I’m not built that way, to keep coming back to a place and providing criticism (even if I think it’s constructive), if I don’t have a reason. Then again, maybe it’s just because he likes pinball...but it does go both ways, and if others think he is being abrasive and condescending, then that opinion too should be respected.

#3470 5 years ago

Sorry for my part in deviation of this thread...back to ACNC. Can’t wait for tomorrow!

#3472 5 years ago

Did anyone notice the powder coat on the FB post with ACNC recently. It looks like a slightly different blue than the news letter that was sent out for ordering options. I think the blue in the FB post looks fantastic!

5C9D29E3-0FB6-4B32-B5A5-86EFA47E8859 (resized).jpeg5C9D29E3-0FB6-4B32-B5A5-86EFA47E8859 (resized).jpegF2AFF02A-70E5-44F7-9290-11F89CF1B98B (resized).pngF2AFF02A-70E5-44F7-9290-11F89CF1B98B (resized).png
#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there an official time for stream?

A ways up the thread someone said 6pm CST.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

I believe it is at 6pm cst.

#3482 5 years ago

Youtube...SDTM, ACNC, just before 8min...you see the guillotine work. Just before the 12 min mark...you see the magnet throw the ball back into play. I have read those looking for this...or wait until tomorrow...can’t wait!

#3547 5 years ago

Yah, the stream and machine have some issues...but this looks sooooo sweet to me! Art work, light show, and gameplay seem spot on. I was worried about Alice and the call outs, but not anymore. The comic-bookish animations are really cool. For the haters, SW Stern stream was a disaster...the deathstar half opened and didn’t light. That shot is one of the most satisfying now (premium fork ramp) IMHO. I think the shots look fun and it has the speed I like. Upper playfield is well done too. If you pay attention to how the shots are made, certainly doable. Sooo glad I pulled the trigger...here comes my first Spooky!

#3576 5 years ago

I too struggled with this decision! I'm still considering a TNA next.

15 years ago...when I started down this rabbit path, there wasn’t this option...kudos to the choices available. I think Spooky is the next generation of pinball. I own 2 Stern...love them, but competition is good. Can’t wait for my first Spooky.

#3638 5 years ago

I. Can’t. Wait. But, I have #413...it really looks awesome. For the next year plus...I will drool over those that share the one’s on here. Totally worth the wait.

#3649 5 years ago

Topper. I would like to see a big Alice Cooper Frankenstein...like he wears on stage. Any rumors on a topper, or a modder with ideas?

#3651 5 years ago

Thanks! But was thinking the whole body...and $650...

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

where is everybody?
what a fortuitous break. no longer do people have to wait two more weeks to see some extended ACNC gameplay. could be coming up in less than an hour, streamed from van nuys, ca. kinda ironic that the first preserved, extended play, video of ACNC might be from my home state.
Karl DeAngelo takes his streaming seriously. first class equipment. sufficient lighting. he will showcase the players skills/abilities as much as the game itself. as far as the skill level of the players, karls skills are on par with those of bowen, and some of the league players meet or exceed those of jack danger. as already mentioned, the game has been set up and available for at least a day. hopefully it will be dialed in better than mondays example.
it will be interesting to see how it all pans out - above average players, most of them seeing the game for the first time. pretty serious guys, and unbiased/impartial ones at that. they arent there trying to sell games. most of them likely do not have a deposit down on the game. they are there to play pinball. expect honest/genuine reactions. they wont be happy if the game makes them look bad. they will likely be concluding a tournament and will trying their darndest.

Really look forward to seeing it again! The more reviews the better. Bring on the stream!

#3672 5 years ago

Loved the stream! This is an early code, and I think the pin looks awesome...art, animation, and shots/play. I don’t like easy pins...if I’m gonna own it, it’d better kick my a$$, so I can play it for years and not want to sell it. Can’t wait for my first Spooky!

#3765 5 years ago

I said before and I will say it again...This is my dream pin!!!!
Number 330 though!

Better than 413...but I can wait. Looks sooooo good.

3 weeks later
#3918 5 years ago

Loooked like a blast at the Labor Day parade! Just wondering, are there any new pics coming of the final Spooky ACNC...hardware and butter cab. Not trying to be a pain, just looking forward to my ACNC!

#3919 5 years ago

Duplicate

#3941 5 years ago

So, they want to get it right before major release...where-as Stern gets sh!t for releasing without good enough code. Pinside is a fickle b!tch. Spooky has my full confidence. They are a family run pinball company who cares about their product.

1 month later
#4170 5 years ago

A true Frankenstein! Now I’m a little jealous.

#4207 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Trying to decide on upgrades and making the decision between the Monster Mirrors or the interior cabinet decals for the sides.... Any opinions/recommendations?

I went with interior cabinet decals. I love mirror blades, but the artwork on the decals is cool and really fits the theme and rest of the art in the game. Just my 2 cents.

#4220 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Do we know what # we are up to?

I still think fairly low. #11 was talking about putting their money down (on FB) and Spooky said VERY soon. If you watch the TNA, they are getting up there in #s. It’s definitely been slower than they liked, but I’m guessing that once TNA is done...which should be soon, they will crank on ACNC. Still behind, but soooo worth the end product IMHO.

#4229 5 years ago

I kinda wonder if they are secretive on numbers because sometimes they aren’t linear (butter cabs, distros who order more than one, etc). Pinsiders would be losing their minds if they felt their numbers were skipped over. Spooky will make good. I have watched them from the beginning and they are good people, that put the customer first...just be patient.

#4248 5 years ago

Nope, not me. Can’t wait for ACNC...but will be patient. This will be an epic game.

#4258 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Did Spooky start to ship the game?
If yes, can someone who put some games tell me fairly what are the pros and cons?
Thanks

See post #4191.

1 week later
#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s a 5 foot red neon Tron recognizer on the wall that makes everything glow. I usually turn it off for pics but forgot.
I agree - the art package is one of the best ever!

Just some insert label changes - no geometry changes that I can see.
Hands down this is Spooky’s best game so far!! The upper playfield is the best layout and most fun to shoot of any game I’ve played. The two entrance Frank ball lock is simply genius - perhaps my favorite ball lock ever. The first lock is pretty easy from the left ramp, but the second is a nice challenge with the drop
target and then left upper playfield ramp (the ball 1 lock music is great too). It’s cool that one ball unloads to the bottom playfield and one to the upper while Frank rises with an awesome rollercoaster lift hill chain sound effect. Then Feed my Frankenstein blares from the WAY above average sound system as you hit the ramps to slap around on Frank. The modes are nicely varied - some are ramp shots, some scoops, some upper playfield tasks, some chasing lit shots - I LOVE how the AC songs only play during modes. It’s a motivator to play the mode as long as possible in order to hear more of each song. The Danesi lock is also a fun element and can be fed from the upper playfield which is a nice touch.
The shots are tight as we all know but not pull your hair out of your head Houdini frustrating. I was nervous the first 5 games I played as it was hard to hit the shots - but I improved quickly and like TNA, this game forces me to become better.
I have no problems with display washout and I’m 6’4”. The power supply fan is the same as TNA - some noise while idle, but you don’t hear it while playing.
This is simply a fast, fun, furious and loud game that’s packed with things to do. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the game as is and it’s only going to get better as the code matures.
Thanks team Spooky!!!!

Great quick review. It’s been slow rolling out, but I’m so stoked to be in on this! Can’t wait for 413

#4320 5 years ago

People have been worried about how many pins Spooky gets out per month. We got our answer. About 50 per month. That makes mine on par for next late fall! On time from what I was told when I ordered.

#4325 5 years ago

I’m in on a buttercab...so it may be later, or earlier...depends on how they do the run. The info just shows they are pretty much on time...but ya, a year+ out.

#4356 5 years ago

The lion share of the market is home buyers. Non pinheads aren’t spending 7 grand on nib pinball machines. The only people that play pinball at my house are my wife and I and one friend who likes pinball. We will all play it. I play like shit on every new game I play. How’s this different? You want a game so easy a noob can blow it up? Not for my small collection.

Totally agree. These aren’t cheap toys. If you can afford these games, you’ll want to play them until you’re good at them (or decided you don’t like it and sell it). If noobs can blow the game up easily...then it’ll get boring quick to the owner. Watching a video of the casual player brick shots just means it’s a challenge IMHO. When i do have casual players at my house (which is rare). They could really care less. Put a couple games on the machine monkey flipping the whole time. The more I explain the game, the quicker they leave for their next drink.

#4361 5 years ago

Since there’s only 500 being made...I suspect most of the plays will come from pinheads...those that want to learn how to play the game, instead of monkey flippers. That said. Monkey flippers care more about ball time than shots. They want their money’s worth. And I’m not slamming monkey flippers or those that want long ball times...each to their own. It’s all good. Just an observation.

#4365 5 years ago

I must admit...unless you’ve played it (multiple times)...bashing it is not gonna hold weight.

#4367 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Then show me up and buy one..... didn't think so.....

I did. I’ll let ya know. Stoked on my purchase. Wanna put me down...whatever. I do, what I like. If ya don’t like it...walk.

#4370 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Ahhh...buyers remorse...now i understand.

Why are you here?

#4386 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

See some pics of the new ACNC!! This has the new code released in October. I’ll tell you right off that the speaker system is amazing. I take some videos later today.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this a butter cab? The pic of the right side of the head looks mighty buttery. Awesome collection as well!

1 week later
#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

what number are they shipping ?? I am number 58 . how many are going out a week ??

Not sure what number they are on, but from reading what Charlie has said. Spooky gets out 12-15 games a week, and at the moment, it’s a 2 to 1 ratio to TNA...that puts 4-5 ACNC per week. This will drastically change when TNA run is closer to being done...I’d say Jan-Feb 2018. But this is just info I gleaned from reading Charlie’s comments...I have no inside info.

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Any side by side pictures of stock and blue powdercoats? Are most upgrading to the blue?

Standard looks great, but if you decide to powder coat down the road it’ll cost way more.

#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Both are cool. I went with scary blue to mix it up. Looks good for the money!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks so good. Looks like a butter cab. All in on Spooky ACNC.

1 week later
#4564 5 years ago

Actually, I’m good with the wait. I know Spooky isn’t rushing something just to make a buck. I have full faith that in a year I’ll have one of the most beautiful, quality, fun to play pins I have seen. Can’t wait!...well, yes I can. In the mean time, I’m getting other pin stuff going...this is such an addicting hobby.

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm sorry, who are you? Stern, Heighway, don't get it, I have no idea what you're ranting about. It is precisely the small businesses that are nimble, typically approachable, and responsive. I like the title and what we have seen in the game so we have chosen to buy and in turn are supporting a mom and pop shop.
You say that I should have done my homework, on what exactly? I am not rushing anyone. I have simply asked if anyone had heard as to where production queues were at, I even said why. That said, you seem to be defending Spooky, which is not warranted based on my inquiry.
Maybe you can go back and do your homework on me and my posts in this thread, and review my emails, before spewing your nonrelevant, useless anecdotes.
However, since you've opened that door, you also speak of fantastic, prompt customer service. Are you referring to pre or post sales? Someone asked why I don't just ask them about the queue directly. I have reached out a few times or have posted with different questions and as mentioned, the responses, contained little substance or it seemed like I was an annoyance. Exactly how is that fantastic, prompt customer service? And that is for a committed customer, product is sold.
I couldn't care less if we are 64 days out, it isn't rocket science, but there certainly are a lot of people here that get all up in arms about someone asking questions FFS. So quite frankly, you can stick your rant.

You’re not happy. Jump out. There’s a lot of options. Speak with your dollars, don’t complain. Just jump out.

1 week later
#4595 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played this game several times over the last two days at Pincincinatti. I also played JJPOTC, Houdini, Deadpool LE, and Monster Bash remake. ACNC beats them all. Absolutely the most beautiful of them all. Sounds, callouts, music, and PLOT make this a winner. I got immersed exploring the castle. Two multiballs are available at all times as well. The shots are tough at first, but by game 3 had them down. But the tough shots make it so much more rewarding. Everything worked perfect and guillotine was awesome. Magnetic ball save flung the ball back up into play. Light show and sound effects were incredible. My 13 year old son even made the shots and defeated a monster! Sorry, I'm going on and on, but just wanted to put a positive review out there. My son ranked it above JJPOTC and Dialed In! That is high praise indeed...and he hadn't heard of Alice Cooper until a couple of months ago.

So stoked to be in. I will love this pin. Very limited number, incredible art package, video package, and play. To those who poo poo it...they will lose out. Am I a fan of the family of Spooky? Yep. They are a decent, trusted family. Yes, they need/want to make money, but they truly love pinball. Can’t wait...well, yes I can. So worth it.

#4618 5 years ago

Watched the SDTM video. Call outs have really improved, light show is coming along, and video is on point. I’m a late game. The code should be really mature by then, but looks really fun now. Every video, it gets better! Weird, but this is becoming a grail game for me. Such a cool, comic book look.

1 week later
#4661 5 years ago

Ah. @greenhornet. The same psychological disposition. Not able to see how negative you are. Even if you aren’t @greenhornet, it’s still construed by everyone else as negative and bashing. Please exit the thread...but you won’t, as I’ve said above, you won’t recognize how abrasive and negative you are.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought club threads were the threads where all opinions are not welcome. I like to hear stuff from owners and others as well. Isn't there also an ACNC owners club thread?

I agree, but certain people have a way to compliment/backhand at the same time. After awhile, it gets abrasive. There’s a difference between constructive criticism and bashing. Some get this, others don’t. I think greenhornet is an ok person, but doesn’t recognize this nuance...just a personality difference. If it’s causing undo stress in a thread, why continue...unless they like the stress of others.

#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

TPF with Scott.. TNA is spectacular.
Spooky has always done right buy me.
One day ACNC will be at my fingertips also.
[quoted image]

Ok. I’ll admit I’m wrong in this case. If you’re willing to identify yourself with a picture...it becomes a real discussion and not some guy/gal behind a keyboard. frankmac you have my respect. Sorry for the slam.

#4671 5 years ago

I love the people (spooky), Alice, and the theme (love the comic book style), I look forward to what is coming. I’m also looking at all the others. Oktoberfest will be on the horizon. This is a good time for pinball!

1 week later
#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone know if there’s a topper in the works anywhere?

I’d be interested. Any modders out there have any thoughts? Such a beautiful game would be great with a topper.

1 week later
#4760 5 years ago

It’s beyond me as to why people come into a thread repeatedly to bash a game. Stating their opinion and exiting is fine. But when they keep coming back with the same negativity it gets old. That said, I don’t think @frankmac is trolling. I thought he was at first. Hell, I thought he was the greenhornet. I went to his comments on this thread...all of them, and I think he is truly interested in this game. We are in a new era of communication. It’s hard to tell what the person meant sometimes because you can’t see their body language or hear their inflection of voice. Back to the game. Spooky has been in regular contact, and i feel very open about what’s going on. It hasn’t been perfect or ideal, but I can wait. This looks like a home run to me, but others may not like the wait, art, gameplay, etc...and that’s fine. #413 gives me the time to get all finances together, so the wait is actually a good thing for me. I do love every video that comes out, and I suspect over the next couple of months, more great videos will come out.

#4816 5 years ago

Deadflip Instagram...Jan 12. It’s finally gonna happen. The next ACNC stream!

3255F558-4B00-4B4C-ABEA-24561D3E8AE1 (resized).png3255F558-4B00-4B4C-ABEA-24561D3E8AE1 (resized).png
1 week later
#4847 5 years ago

I have a thought for a topper, but would like to add a couple LEDs for lighting. One constant, the other going off with a certain monster. I’m used to SAM stern...which you just solder a piggyback to whatever flasher. What’s ACNC like. Is this possible, or not...to those who know.

#4851 5 years ago

Danger’s last video of ACNC really shows how far this has come. Can’t wait to have it in my collection.

#4853 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I think it appears the collecting of weapons is now gone. Is that right?
Magicchix

It appears they have gone a different direction. Welcome to knowing early code and ideas. I like where they are going. There are so many possibilities with a pinball. In the future, they may be more tight lipped to avoid “disappointment”...or expectations.

1 week later
#4888 5 years ago

I think the switch has been made, but it takes time...shipping, setup, play, pics, video...and remember, only a very few will do the reveal.

#4906 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Feels like Spooky is sending ACNC to dedicated customers possibly form past Spooky pin purchases.
Safe move.
I wonder if pin #s matter.

Patience. Although, I understand while some opt out...but for me...patience.

#4917 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Thanks to Magic, this might take a while. 700 photos!

See post 4162. That pin has the powdered blue legs, but silver vein other armor. It also has the art blades. Monster mirror are just mirror blades.

2 weeks later
#4963 5 years ago

I suspect many of those games are for distros that will take more time to deliver them once they get them. Also, not all people into pinball are on pinside...a small fraction. So, it will be sporadic for awhile. IMO

#4970 5 years ago

My daughter made me some cool framed posters from images of ACNC that Charlie put online.

C374DC85-2935-4911-AEBE-4B9558A085EE (resized).jpegC374DC85-2935-4911-AEBE-4B9558A085EE (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#5262 4 years ago

413 here. Butter and all options. I can’t wait, but I can. This is gonna be an epic game!

#5284 4 years ago

What’s the warning time for final payment...2 weeks, 4 weeks,? Just getting funds ready. Since TPF, this game has really shown how much of a hit it is!

#5293 4 years ago

At least the code is more mature. I look forward to playing it...and not waiting for code updates...weeks, or months...or never...ie ghostbusters.

1 week later
#5358 4 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

A little mod action.
Magicchiz
[quoted image][quoted image]

That actually looks good. Where did you get it from? I love making my pin mine...but not gaudy.

1 month later
#5572 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Yup. And can't get a definite answer for Pinball Star about it. Seems it's very complicated and it's a month by month changing thing. All I know is we all assumed (at least me) that sales tax wasn't an issue when we put down our non refundable deposit.

It’s always been required that you pay tax on internet purchases. Some rules changed now that make it more complicated for the seller, as they have to collect the tax from the buyer. Before, it was up to the buyer reporting their purchases at tax time and paying the correct tax at that time. Many didn’t do this, thus got it “tax free”...which is really wasn’t suppose to be.

#5574 4 years ago

Very cool @magicchiz! Too bad you aren’t making more...hope the great modders out there come up with some cool stuff too.

7 months later
#5651 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

On that note, does anyone experience SDTM if you inadvertently shoot the Frank ramp from the upper playfield (when frank isn't locking)? Usually once a game, i'll lose a ball like this. It's frustrating, and so fast down the ramp, I usually can't save it.

Yup. I’ve learned to not shoot that ramp from the upper playfield. I also will get sdtm if I shoot frank ramp from the main playfield, but don’t quite get it to the top...it doesn’t happen everytime, but 50%. I also occasionally get sdtm when I hit the 3 targets in the mid playfield. I figure I have to learn what I can and can’t do, and it’s pinball...there is always the chance of getting robbed.

#5652 4 years ago

So, my wife and I have been playing 4 player coop mode to get to Billion Dollar Babies. It’s a snowstorm here, so nothing else to do. We got there! It was player 2 ball 3. I was working my way through the shots of blue arrows when both flippers died. Ball drained. It advances to player 3 and then 4. Both players 3 and 4 had dead flippers on initial plunge...game over...what a bummer...how is BDB suppose to work?

#5654 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

You either win the mode or lose it, either way the game ends at that point and since it is was co-op it ended for all players.

But, the only reason it ended was because the flippers went dead...otherwise I was completing my shots...I did repeat a couple, so it turned from red back to blue...is this why? You’re only allowed so many misses...is there a rule set for BDB?

#5656 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Only made it there twice so I don’t recall the rules. You can run out of time and/or shots and when that happens the flippers go dead and the game is over.

Ah. Maybe that’s what happened. Gotta find that rule set...Thanks for the info!

Nah, I’ll just wait for the new code to drop...then get the rules. It’s a blast to play, and sooooo addicting. Between ACNC and the up coming R&M...my poor other pins.

#5657 4 years ago

Ok, we get it now. You hit enough of the blue lights (avoid the red lights) before the timer runs out. Each red light takes a heart/life. You only have so many. Not sure if the blue or green were giving me more time. I hit the scoop and “cashed out”. It said “you escaped.” The flippers went dead and the ball was ejected from the scoop and drained...”game over”. But Alice never said “You are worthy”. I thought he would, but must not be in the code. . Between ACNC and TV, We’ve done nothing else for 2 days...snowstorms...

#5659 4 years ago
Quoted from twhtalm:

I've heard him say it one time "You are most definitely worthy. Stop saying that, especially in airports".

I have heard that...but I thought I would hear it at the end of BDB. I bet this is in the next code. Even without it...this is such an addicting game. Snowstorm has provided us with 3 days of ACNC...so much fun. When the internet went out...we’d play on!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dnapac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=dnapac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.