5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1803 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is $6450...
also, this is entertainment and not investing so not really "gambling" for most.
I assume to sell any new game for 10-20% less than when purchased new. In some cases, they go up and in others they go down more.
Limited games with fun themes, if designed well, with solid code are all things that should mitigate your worry when you are concerned about "loss" of a toys value IMHO.
ACNC to me is a good shooter which is the most important thing for step 1.
Step 1.5 was up the build quality (which it appears even the protos really are build with TNA quality plus some)
Step 2 is that it is not just another music game and more a haunted castle (TAF and MB had a kid) theme with spooky music and a few Alice tunes that even a casual can like.
Step 3 is they hired someone that knows rulesets, risk v reward, and coding to get Fawzma in gear on what makes pinball fun (sure some ideas are cool but having a head pinhead in charge of code department is GREAT... The same reasons lyman games are fun is what Spooky just hired).
I dont see ACNC losing value as quickly as a game like RZ did, if that is your main concern.

Oh crap, I agree with Hilton 100%

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Next machine you buy won't have balls. Kinda like you.
LTG : )

I would not mind a game that has no screen, just score.

I love pinball, do not care for movies etc

4 weeks later
#2504 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

1) Bricks / posts.
I think you have a point regarding the posts. The basic layout looks good, but the preponderance of posts and lack of stand-up targets makes it very bricky, and you get absolutely nothing for not making the shots.
If it's not too late, I think Spooky should seriously consider the addition of some stand-ups, or other avenues to mitigate this.

Yes, please!!!! I want to purchase one real bad - this tweak would push me over

#2564 6 years ago

I love AC for what it is, can't wait to play it somewhere. Since it won't be on location where I live, most likely, I hope for a friendly Pinsider in the center NC area to get one.

Game looks fantastic, I just may not have the skills to establish flow. See Houdini, there are games with a high skill ceiling, which is great. It wouldbe a shit hobby would all games be made for the weakest players.

#2576 6 years ago

I would love to see the gentleman in charges of rules play it on Video, heard he is somewhat good at Pinball

And I mean it, watching the Pros play IMDN made my day and revealed the pin's full potential, Charly - could you guys be so kind and do the same for AC?
I do not travel to shows but have that sweet POTCCE money sitting here....

#2629 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

What other company's owner personally responds to your emails and walks you through the fix along with the support team? I'm telling you, it is that kind of outstanding customer service that wins friends and repeat sales!

That's nothing! *sarcasm*
When my Full Throttle broke down I had, to my surprise, their owner call me repeatedly, on a Saturday afternoon - making it well past midnight UK time - on my cell phone!!

Turned out he saw that I held a Doctorate when reading my emails and tried to make me invest in his pinballl company, my FTh was never even addressed.

True story.

#2644 6 years ago

Up until 2 weeks ago I would have said "Helmut's Phone Number"

2 weeks later
#2822 5 years ago

I had the first day email in my inbox from my fave Spooky distributor, money in hand as well, wanted this game BAD as it is gorgeous and I like the theme a lot.

And then I saw the early videos, one even posted by Charlie himself, and realized that all castles are obviously build from bricks.

It is wonderful to know that the Spooky love is strong enough to sell out all 500, wish it would have been a game for me.

4 months later
#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am a huge Alice Cooper fan and I wanted to buy this pin so badly, but the more video I watched, the more I realize, I cannot pull the trigger on this game.

My exact situation. Had money ready to send in once i saw the art and heard about the really cool rules and ideas..... then I saw the gameplay.

1 week later
#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Healthy conversation on a form never hurt anyone! All good, I think people just want to be in the living in the now!!
It is not personal!

According to Hilton you can go ahead and call products junk on here, I know Hilton will not mind.

1 month later
#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

None of this says anything good or bad about the game for serious / skilled players, but I think we're seeing what this game will be like for everyone else.

and I would rather see a beginner get an Iron Man than this brick fest. At least even missed shots with IM are somewhat rewarding, this on the other looks terrible, in video after video.

#4366 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Ya, unlike you, I actually played it and liked it. You just watch noobs playing videos and make judgement. Very noob of you.

Then show me up and buy one..... didn't think so.....

#4369 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

My deposit is payed noob! Haven’t you been paying attention for the last 6 months?

Ahhh...buyers remorse...now i understand.

3 weeks later
#4579 5 years ago

A company where you buy because you like the people, not the pin.
That is what I am getting out of it after following the threads here on pinside.

1 month later
#4892 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

I have been considering getting this game but the videos of game play don't really excite me atm. I know this has been covered but it looks like an absolute brick fest. Can anyone who has played the pin elaborate on how it feels to shoot? All videos I have watched seem to show the ball only making a ramp or target etc probably 30% of the time with the rest of the shots just bricking and bouncing around back to the flippers.

Go to YouTube and watch Buffalo Pinball's AC video. That is all you need to form an opinion.

1 month later
#5195 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just a word of advice, relax all you fellow buyers with deposits in. This is the same situation us TNA buyers faced.

Maybe similar, but not the same situation.
TNA was played for months both at festivals and on stream and that is what got people hooked. The game rocked. And that is why Charly wanted it. The game existed first, then came the hype based on its merits.

ACNC is the other way around. Hype first. Presale and unrefundable deposits first. Then hardly any streams, no showings.

Once streams started all saw that this is not a great shooter and has next to no toys. Now some want out. And can't as unlike TNA no one is interested in getting other people's slots.

TNA slots were sold at a huge premium here on Pinside, ACNC slots cannot even be given away or seems (Ice)

#5202 5 years ago

Looks beautiful

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dergoetz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=dergoetz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.