5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (6 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (5 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#524 6 years ago

I really hope that what they are releasing are clues to nothing

#743 6 years ago

Rob Zombie had a cool factor to it. This not so much.

#747 6 years ago

I really hope the meatloaf machine never comes to fruition. So many more cool things that could be done....

5 months later
#957 6 years ago

Well that artwork just looks SICK! Not an Alice fan but this thing is looking awesome

#960 6 years ago

I'm really needing a job that pays me a ridiculous salary or a winning lottery ticket because sooooooo many cool pins are coming out and I want them all!

3 months later
#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I did not have much interest in this game but after seeing the teaser pictures I am getting really excited to see the entire game.

Same here!

#1024 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

That post was from over 2 years ago, before Rob Zombie was ever announced. I re-posted after Rob Zombie was announced, but the fact Spooky went back-to-back on my top music artist themed pins is just amazing to me And by the look of the teasers, Alice Cooper may go beyond my expectations

I think they are going all in on this one! For the time being let’s keep your focus on creating more badass RZ mods lol!

2 weeks later
#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Here is a older development picture of the system. This is a PinHeck REV7 with a custom RPI3 CM carrier board I developed grafted onto it.

Looks like the board used in RZ. Would this carrier board give the hardware the resources needed to make the display true HD? If so I hope it could be easily added to allow for someone to potentially upgrade the dots of the game.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

My concern is more with the limited nature of the game.

Even with ACNC being limited to 500 units you will have no problem getting one if this game comes out to your liking. I got in at the very end of the RZ run and several are for sale as we speak. Folks are constantly changing up their lineups and it seems we are in a great time for pinball at the moment as we have several new titles each year to choose from.

#1144 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

There's finite space.

I can always find a place to put a pin it’s more of an issue with being able to pay for them all for me.

#1152 6 years ago

Green jacket, gold jacket, who gives a shit

I’m super excited to see this game as well. I wish they would just release the whole game now with some pictures and gameplay video instead of doing a reveal at TPF.

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

AC will have a ramp....and much more.

Spill the beans on the game Old man! We are all impatiently awaiting more details

#1226 6 years ago

That display looks AWESOME!

1 month later
#1325 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Compared to what? Stern games? Hit the flashing light, then...hit the other flashing light...?
Lots more creativity in the RZ ruleset, imho.
House of 1000 corpses MB is one of the most fun and interesting modes ever. 7 balls, 1000 swithes.
Demonoid phenomenon is clever and tough. Hit every switch on the playfield.
I sold mine recently, and I think I’m starting to have seller’s remorse. Very underrated game.

Agreed man! A couple weeks ago I completed 8 of 10 modes and damn was that an adrenaline rush! The game plays differently which isn’t for everyone but if you can refrain from comparing it to all over games and appreciate it for the ass kicker it is it’s a ton of fun.

I play my fish tales more often but do enjoy getting my ass handed to me by RZ in between other games. RZ is easily the preferred game by guests when they come over.

1 week later
#1401 6 years ago

The art is AWESOME!

#1540 6 years ago

Game looks cool. Can’t wait to see some video. Also adding Bowen to help with rules and code should be awesome! Let Bowen dig into some RZ and add some more awesomeness!

#1783 6 years ago

Even at 500 units they WILL show up for sale often enough for those interested to buy one on the secondary market.

So I would advise not to get wrapped into the mindset of if I don’t buy it now I’ll never get a chance at one. That was my line of thinking when I bought RZ. If I would have waited I could have purchased one cheaper.

I know the haters will say that’s because RZ sucks but I diasagree wholeheartedly. It’s not for everyone but I find it fun.

So far the game looks cool but hard to say where it’s going. With Spooky dedication and with Bowen to help outnumbered I’m sure if will come out great but it still won’t be for everyone.

I’m hoping Bowen might take a look at RZ and maybe have a couple ideas for it! Probably just wishful thinking but ya never know.

#1787 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If Spooky get great code on this game, they will sell 500 because people won't want to sell them.

I agree. However as we all know once the next Pin is revealed that we all start itching for that because it’s the best new thing. So we start selling to fund and make room for that new shiny pin.

I see AMH come up quite often and they only made 150. My advice is see how the code develops and attempt to see if it’s to your Liking. No reason to take a close to $7k gamble because it’s rare.

#1791 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it is $6450...

Roughly another $250-300 for shipping. I imagine that Spooky will offer a some factory upgrades. So while maybe not quite reaching the $7k threshold it’s close enough.

I too don’t consider Pinball an investment. My point was really the gamble on if this Pin is your your liking without having played it.

I’m not faulting Spooky at all but I do consider it a gamble to throw down a large amount of money due to the game being limited in numbers and you don’t want to miss a shot at owning the game.

Look at how many people were on the RZ train when it was announced versus the amount available toward the end of the run. That’s how I managed to get a NIB when others fled for various reasons. This might be comparing apples to oranges with ACNC but the same feelings exist. “If I don’t buy it now I’ll miss my shot”. All the while the buyer is just hoping it works out for them.

I have full confidence that Spooky is going to do everything in their power to crush this. It’s just unfortunate that more of the game couldn’t be coded prior to order sales happening.

#1800 6 years ago

FawzmaGames I overheard someone ask if Bowen were going to look back at RZ in one of the ACNC videos and I couldn’t quite make out the answer given.

While I understand ACNC is the main focus any chance he might have some input with the last code update? A goodie or two or possibly some collaboration with you on your apron mod.

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Next machine you buy won't have balls. Kinda like you.
LTG : )

Pinside comment of the day! That was pure gold!

#1848 6 years ago

Being that fawzma is getting acquainted with PROC let’s get some of that action for RZ. That color display needs to be outputting some crispy high definition images!

#1850 5 years ago

Because the current display resolution sucks on RZ. It has a display capable of so much more just not utilized. Yes I know it was the first production game to include the color display and the price was not increased all.

I’m not asking for them to do more work for free I’d be more than willing to purchase it as a mod from Spooky.

I have a color DMD installed on my Fish Tales and the quality of those images are far superior to that of a game made in 2016. Sucks to see the display not displaying images to its potential.

#1852 5 years ago

I spoke with fawzma once and he mentioned that he could build a mod for the original board to make it happen.

I just hope at some point Spooky or possibly someone else in the hobby could make higher resolution happen. I’m sure it would be a lot of work but the currents dots need a lot of help.

Or possibly the pinheck board that was intended for ACNC could be used?

My rant is over back to ACNC!

#1855 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I also wish something would be added to the apron mod. Frankly I feel like I wasted $300 on what was supposedly to come, because it seems like it has died on the vine at this point.

I wants one but I’m now glad I decided to wait it out and see how it develops. Hopefully Fawzma finds the time to get back into developing that.

I too am hoping that Bowen gets a crack to add some items to RZ or as I posted earlier maybe collaborating on the apron mod and giving some direction for it.

I enjoy my RZ too but that damned display pisses me off. If you’re gonna put in a capable display you need to use it appropriately or just leave it out. Just feels like waste to have it display the way it currently is.

#1858 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seems pretty silly to be complaining about this now.

It’s pinside never be amazed at what some may bitch and complain about

4 weeks later
#2554 5 years ago

Nothing wrong with a few tough shots. Tonight while playing my Rob Zombie I hit the right orbit 3 times in a single game! That shot is a tough one but each time I hit it to achieve a goal in the game a big e smile comes across my face.

Having said that when I flail and miss each time I need that shot I usually curse at the machine and walk away for awhile only to come right back and be punished by the damned thing again.

#2584 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

2 potentially life changing emails back to back in 5 minutes that turns your whole bra

Was one of these emails from FX letting you know you had the license to Sons of Anarchy?

#2590 5 years ago

I for one am excited to play it at my local arcade which purchased one!

As long as you don’t develop a 3 ring rotating mech then take it away right before production begins I think you’ll be fine.

Seriously though Chuck please tell I can expect a Sons of Anarchy Pin from you guys as I know you’ll do it right! Hell I’ll buy TNA, Alice Cooper, and get a divorce all in the same day.

#2631 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

That's nothing! *sarcasm*
When my Full Throttle broke down I had, to my surprise, their owner call me repeatedly, on a Saturday afternoon - making it well past midnight UK time - on my cell phone!!
Turned out he saw that I held a Doctorate when reading my emails and tried to make me invest in his pinballl company, my FTh was never even addressed.
True story.

Wow, that guy really pegged out the dirtbag meter.

Spooky customer service is top notch. They’ve always promptly answered my emails and got replacement pieces to me when needed.

2 months later
#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Since there are no unboxing updates--does that mean only one game shipped in June?

I’m guessing so. The latest podcast didn’t even give a real timeline on when a stream of the game would be.

I would hope they wouldn’t hold up shipping other games just so they could do some big unveil stream.

#3269 5 years ago

Someone stream this damn thing properly!

#3291 5 years ago

I’m just really excited to see this game in a good stream. This isn’t a post bitching of why it hasn’t been done as of yet, but rather me just expressing my excitement of seeing what it has to offer.

When announced I really was let down by the theme as I’m not an AC fan. As time went on and pictures were released it’s kept growing on me. The thought of exploring the castle and defeating monsters seems really cool! The display and limited amount of animations that I’ve seen also look great!!

Damn you Spooky for making yet another Pin that has my interest.

2 weeks later
#3535 5 years ago

Lighting and animations are dope. Looks like Bowen is having some issues hitting shots. Not sure if it just because they are tight or if he’s had too much spotted cow

#3570 5 years ago

I originally wasn’t into this game due to me not connecting with the theme but damn after watching that stream it looks super cool!

Now do I go after TNA OR ACNC? I don’t think I can swing both unfortunately.

The tight shots aren’t a huge worry for me as I already have a RZ and the orbits shots on that game are tight!!

#3574 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I too struggled with this decision! I'm still considering a TNA next.

Part of me is thinking to just grab an ACNC spot now and just throw down on TNA when they do the last call for orders.

#3577 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Might now matter to you but TNA is going to be made for along time.
ACNC is limited to 500 and (I think) nearly sold out. Would probably be able to get one on secondary market though
Something to consider

You’re right. In the end more TNAs will be made then ACNC.

Prices will be better on the secondary market. I’m just impatient and want all the new toys right away lol.

#3614 5 years ago

I hope that the game arrives in time for a show in my town next week. After watching the stream it looks like a lot of fun!

If it plays well and I’m feeling it I just may drop a deposit (assuming a spot is available then). I might be kicking my TNA purchase down the road a bit.

Nicely done!

I’m not even an Alice Cooper fan but the music worked well with the game.

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Old Man Kelly needs a bunk mate I heard

I hear he only prefers to be the big spoon...

#3629 5 years ago

You’ll be able to buy NIB all the way up to the end of production. People are always changing their mind or life happens and you need to get out from your spot.

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

1) will there be any type of video mode added?

Fawzma said last night in the stream that animations are being worked on now for a video mode. His only comment about it was that it would be “interesting”.

#3706 5 years ago

Spooky makes some challenging games. I own a RZ and it’s a tough SOB. It keeps me hitting the start button though. I’m excited I get a chance to play ACNC this week!

#3777 5 years ago

I was able to play several games of ACNC today as well. Game looks great I unfortunately couldn’t hit the shots to save my life. I’m not trashing on the game as I’m sure with time you’ll get the feel of them. I played this along with Houdini several times and they both have a lot to offer which for me was mostly ass whippings!

I really enjoyed the overall presentation of ACNC with what the game has in it now. I’m sure the Spooky crew have many more good things to add code wise to this game.

I really wish they had been on PROC earlier. I can only imagine all the cool animations that my RZ would have had!

#3779 5 years ago
Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

ACNC def a good game just not for me really tried to like it. But space/$$ make harder for me want to buy. Def best looking game spooky they have done and really did great job on the art/ display graphics. Shots are def hard at 1st but you get the hang of it after a few games. If this was phantasm pinball i buy it no matter what lol

I’m amazed someone hasnt bought you out yet! Your listing is more than fair!

1 week later
#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Man - somebody pick an acceptable price and start working on it. I’m in Maybe we should put this on the Rob zombie thread

I’ve said this for months! Rob Zombie with higher resolution graphics would be KILLER!

I truly hope that one day that someone takes the plunge and does it. This mod would be an instant buy for me. I’m certain that at some point Fawzma will fully flesh out his apron mod which I’m sure will have added gameplay features. That too will be a purchase from me.

The theme is cool as hell. Add these two things and it the game is pushed over the top.

Gameplay is non standard and brutal but that’s part of the draw for me.

If nothing else this could help to fund the R&D for the next game or help to purchase equipment that could help them become even more efficient in making games.

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But what would the uptake be? Who would do it, other than Fawzma? He's already run off his feet coding ACNC, then he has RZ to finish off ... then presumably his spare time will be taken up with finishing his RZ apron display mod's code and assets.
I think you can forget it for the time being at least, unless someone (or several people) within the community decides they want to do it and have the relevant skills and time.

Agreed. I don’t actually think it will ever happen, but I will still keep a little hope

1 month later
#4149 5 years ago

The art on this pin is awesome all around!

5 months later
#5259 4 years ago

Give Bowen a Rob Zombie and let him work some magic with that game!

2 weeks later
#5458 4 years ago

If anyone who currently owns an ACNC who is unhappy with it I’ve got a Rob Zombie to trade straight up for your ACNC.

All of this said in sarcasm unless someone really wants to make that happen....

#5484 4 years ago

I’ve done a combo on the right orbit of RZ a couple times and it felt like reaching a wizard mode. It’s a tight shot but I’ve gotten better at it with practice.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davijc02.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.