5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#458 7 years ago

Sorry to ask but what is total annihilation?

1 week later
#469 7 years ago

Hi,
Can so tell me fairly what is the building quality? I have never seen a spooky game, I may be interested in AMH and I would to know if it does not feel cheap or if the quality is close Stern or JPP or B/W.
Thanks

#530 7 years ago

Hi,
Can so tell what was the selling price of AMH or RZ, just to get an idea of what would be the spooky #3 price?
For European customer, is there an European distributor or need to order it to Pinballstar?
Thanks

#533 7 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I have got a daughter that just turned five , she loves paw patrol . I would probably have to buy one if it was made . She had me ask spooky if they would make a minnie mouse pinball machine . I asked and I am absolutely sure that game #3 is not minnie mouse .

Personnaly i hope this is not another music band theme, Maybe original one but I don't think so.

#603 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I bet this is an elaborate joke....lol

You bet or you hope?

#629 7 years ago

Sorry but what is meatloaf?

Seems to be a 100% US theme for US customers?!

#632 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Search Meatloaf on YOUTUBE and youll see this rock star from the 70s,80s,90s

Thanks.
Never heard about.
I think I will keep my money to buy a Wrath of Olympus...when you're ready

#638 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Meatloaf is the greatest singer this earth has ever known!

#781 7 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Meh. Wish Spooky luck though. G'night.

Don't worry, you will catch up on the next spooky game, Marilyn Manson...unless it exists more glaucous?

1 year later
#4256 5 years ago

has a container been already shipped to EU?

#4257 5 years ago

Did Spooky start to ship the game?
If yes, can someone who put some games tell me fairly what are the pros and cons?
Thanks

#4259 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

No new game gets a fair shake when the critiques come from playing a couple games at a show. I don't think the shots are any tighter than some of my other games. Nothing is hard to hit (except maybe the guillotine shot when you need it). Of course I'm still learning the rules, but really liking the upper playfield. There's a cool ball swap if it goes from the upper pf to the crypt lock. There's also a three position diverter on the left ramp that wasn't coded back during TPS. Animations are great, music is loud and clear. The original music is just as enjoyable as the AC songs. I battled 5 or 6 monsters in one game last night and had a blast! I like to play in the dark so I installed a set of pin stadiums and invisiglass. Pictures are with them set on about 50% and tied in so you don't lose any of the lightshow.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don’t think I have ever seen a more beautiful game.
However, Alice Cooper is really not my cup of tea, I didn’t not him and his songs hurt my ears!
How these songs are used? Can they be replaced?
What about gameplay? How many modes, wizard mode?
Thanks

#4280 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Somehow this makes me sad. Must be planning on getting a Beatles instead.

Seriously...
Well, is this game was at pinball expo?
If very few people can play it, it is hard to make an opinion and take a decision. In Europe, you almost must buy it blind if you want this one.

#4291 5 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

this is not the game from expo, as it was my game at expo, and I wouldn't sell it as cheap as he is.

Anyway, I would take your review about this game.

#4299 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

My machine #9 with every option ships Monday. I’ll post a ton of pics and video for you.

Yes! We need some reviews too.
The artwork is awesome. I really like the layout too. But As I don’t like AC songs I would like to hear them in play and how integrated in the game.
Thanks

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s a 5 foot red neon Tron recognizer on the wall that makes everything glow. I usually turn it off for pics but forgot.
I agree - the art package is one of the best ever!

Just some insert label changes - no geometry changes that I can see.
Hands down this is Spooky’s best game so far!! The upper playfield is the best layout and most fun to shoot of any game I’ve played. The two entrance Frank ball lock is simply genius - perhaps my favorite ball lock ever. The first lock is pretty easy from the left ramp, but the second is a nice challenge with the drop
target and then left upper playfield ramp (the ball 1 lock music is great too). It’s cool that one ball unloads to the bottom playfield and one to the upper while Frank rises with an awesome rollercoaster lift hill chain sound effect. Then Feed my Frankenstein blares from the WAY above average sound system as you hit the ramps to slap around on Frank. The modes are nicely varied - some are ramp shots, some scoops, some upper playfield tasks, some chasing lit shots - I LOVE how the AC songs only play during modes. It’s a motivator to play the mode as long as possible in order to hear more of each song. The Danesi lock is also a fun element and can be fed from the upper playfield which is a nice touch.
The shots are tight as we all know but not pull your hair out of your head Houdini frustrating. I was nervous the first 5 games I played as it was hard to hit the shots - but I improved quickly and like TNA, this game forces me to become better.
I have no problems with display washout and I’m 6’4”. The power supply fan is the same as TNA - some noise while idle, but you don’t hear it while playing.
This is simply a fast, fun, furious and loud game that’s packed with things to do. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the game as is and it’s only going to get better as the code matures.
Thanks team Spooky!!!!

How about the LCD animations? What do you think about quality?

#4376 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Since there’s only 500 being made...I suspect most of the plays will come from pinheads...those that want to learn how to play the game, instead of monkey flippers. That said. Monkey flippers care more about ball time than shots. They want their money’s worth. And I’m not slamming monkey flippers or those that want long ball times...each to their own. It’s all good. Just an observation.

What is a monkey flipper?

#4377 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Why anyone would waste the energy going into a thread to negatively comment on something they’re not remotely interested in buying blows my mind.
What a complete waste of life.
Life is finite. Do something positive with it.
rd

Because they have nothing else to do, and certainly a bit of jealousy

#4378 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

and I would rather see a beginner get an Iron Man than this brick fest. At least even missed shots with IM are somewhat rewarding, this on the other looks terrible, in video after video.

So let’s look at a video of another game and move out this thread.

Quoted from OnTheSnap:

Weird hobby where you have to race to put a deposit on a game you’ve never played to get an early spot. Then wait up to a year to get it. Meanwhile new machines are announced. That already are shipping. And if you want out you have to sell your deposit for a loss.
I love my TNA. But damn, I don’t think I can do this again.

So You advise us to not do what you did once, correct?
You know that in the rest of the world there is almost no chance to play this one unless buying it blindly?

#4380 5 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Someone who always flips both flippers instead of just the necessary one... with extra monkey points going to those who flip both flippers even when the ball is nowhere near the flippers...
I believe the origin is basically this:

So there is no connection with a particular game, just the way how a player plays, correct?

#4391 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Butter and #9. Loaded including shaker and knocker. Adding mirror blades. Was not sure on the mirror blades or art blades. Game is really fun. Modes are real cool. I’ll add video today! Shots are tight but you can make them with some practice. You don’t just shoot center shots!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Did you choose your number?
Is a factory playfield protector available?
Really excited to look at a video
Thanks

#4394 5 years ago

What is the butter cabinet?
Thanks

#4396 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

It is where instead of Decals on cabinet. The art is direct printed on and then clearcoated and buffed to a shine.
Magicchiz
A little bird told me the first real "butter" run will be in a week or two.

Thanks.

Still waiting for a video in an home environment to hear it clearly

#4446 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

There is no perfect pin people! If you’re looking for it, you should probably find another hobby! I bought this pin because I will probably never see one on the used market where I am and I love the theme and art work and music. Like every other pin, when I tire of it, I’ll may sell it and buy another one. I don’t get all this drama over trivial matters. You don’t like, don’t buy it!

You just only need to find the perfect pinball for you.
MM and TWDLE are perfections for me. Don’t care if they are not for other people.

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

Same question for a guy who does not like these songs?

Of course never played it but this game looks so beautiful in every aspect. Gameplays seems to be solid too.
I’m really wondering if this game could eventually replace my Houdini. Not I dislike Houdini, just coz I’m really impressed with the AC artwork and LCD animations. I also like horror them. I just wanted to hear it and in particular AC songs as I really dislike them when I listen to them on youtube. The listening is sometimes way different in a game. If these songs could be melted in the general sound package I think it can do it for me. But right now I don’t know.
I think I can’t change these songs as I did on my Met.

#4476 5 years ago

Édit: i really like « Disco Bloodbath boogie fever » song (if this is really this one). Really cool.

I wanted to know if the 9 songs in the game were his best success. What are the best?
Thanks

#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Got to put a few plays on acnc today. Game looks great and actually shoots nicely. There are tons of shots and they are somewhat tight but it's not a clunky brick fest game like some people have been claiming. Overall I was very impressed with how it shot. The castle mold is very impressive and the game is loaded with mechs.
The big negative about the game currently is it is very confusing. There is not much direction or information on what to do. I thought the inserts and the gi lighting were both too dim also.
The bones for a unique fun game are there. It just needs lots of code work still which I know Spooky is working hard on.

Better or not than an Houdini? I was wondering to swap mine with this one..
Shots are tighter or less than Houdini?

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lots of people play in the dark and AMH, RZ, and ACNC are all 3 a little dark for that. Other then woz they are probably the darkest modern games so I really dont see how either of you cannot understand adding more lighting to those. Go in a game room in the dark and only turn on 1 game and those are all a little hard to see the ball.
I generally just add a couple of spot lights but if others prefer pinstadium or whatever who cares. But acting like those games are not a little dark is pretty silly.

I thought it shot a lot better then Houdini, but I'm not a fan of the Houdini layout. Houdini is currently a lot more polished but I think acnc will be a much better game down the road. It has better art, better screen, more shots that feel better, more to do, etc. It just has a long way to go on code. It's going to be Spooky's best game by quite a bit in my opinion.

Someone here said there were no pops but not an issue for me. My only grip is finally the songs, only (really) like one.
You (and I too) can’t do anything, only tastes matter. I think AC fans are privileged and very lucky.

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I played ACNC yesterday with overhead lights....

What is your quick review about this game?

3 weeks later
#4596 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played this game several times over the last two days at Pincincinatti. I also played JJPOTC, Houdini, Deadpool LE, and Monster Bash remake. ACNC beats them all. Absolutely the most beautiful of them all. Sounds, callouts, music, and PLOT make this a winner. I got immersed exploring the castle. Two multiballs are available at all times as well. The shots are tough at first, but by game 3 had them down. But the tough shots make it so much more rewarding. Everything worked perfect and guillotine was awesome. Magnetic ball save flung the ball back up into play. Light show and sound effects were incredible. My 13 year old son even made the shots and defeated a monster! Sorry, I'm going on and on, but just wanted to put a positive review out there. My son ranked it above JJPOTC and Dialed In! That is high praise indeed...and he hadn't heard of Alice Cooper until a couple of months ago.

Also played on Oktoberfest?

#4605 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Hey, a new Alice Cooper pinball stream that you can hear and see well! SDTM Chuck Wurt & gang. Enjoy...
Easily the favorite machine I played at Pincinnati.

Have you also played Oktoberfest?

#4607 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I have and Greg and I are hoping to get our hands on one soon for a review as well

So you have preferred to play ACNC then Oktoberfest for now, correct?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colonel_caverne.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=colonel_caverne and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.