5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4467 5 years ago

All right! Looks like we've been gifted with a 3 day break after that back and forth. Guess everyone can go back to talking about the lack of dramatic effect in the callouts......but then again, hopefully not.

The real problem right now is that most people are having to try to square what they see and hear on few-and-far-between videos of the machine with their expectations/wishes without ever having the opportunity to find out how it actually plays and feels for themselves. Much of the drama should die down once more of these get out there and people get to formulate an opinion based on the actual experience. Hopefully, that'll be soon so there might be some new things to talk about in this thread.

Having played it a bunch myself, I'm at least of the opinion that it's very likely the best looking pin package I've seen and is a very unique/different take on the "rock band" theme. I like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Aerosmith, ACDC, Kiss (OK...maybe not Kiss) as much as the next guy.....but it's nice to have something where I don't just pick my song (or character, or house, or stein, or whatever) from jump and just rock out, but instead have to work up to it with some semblance of a story and a nice tip to the explore/collect/fight style of video games gone by. Much more rewarding and much more immersive, IMHO.

Shots feel good once you get them down and the build quality and features included can't be beat for the price....not even close. Is it JJPOTC Collectors edition? For many people, probably not. But I don't have to sell a kidney to be able to buy one either.....

My spot is still a long way off.....but that probably means a lot of polish between now and then too. And knowing where it already is, I'm content to stay right there.

#4470 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All I am kind of torn here... I have a spot coming up that should have been here already... well now I have mbr le I think I want and no room.... for those who have played what would you take TODAY ACNC or MBRle?

Well.....you might be asking a group that is a little biased. This is the ACNC thread after all.....I think if you took a poll outside this thread, you'd find that MBr would win in a landslide

Here's the reality: there is no TODAY in the conversation. CGC is going to make some number of MBr SE models before they move on to making the LE. And at this point, you will likely be pretty far down the LE delivery list with distributors. So I'd guess you are probably talking at least a few months out (if you are REALLY lucky) in getting your hands on MBr LE anyway if you haven't already gotten a spot. Considering you're spot #49 for ACNC, you'll very likely have ACNC before MBr....depending on when they do the butter cab runs.

Now, if the question is which game will be more "code complete" when you do initially get it, I'd probably have to give the nod to MBr. It is based on a finalized set of game code already, so it has a massive advantage in that regard. ACNC may take more time to fully get there.

End of the day, it really comes down to which one speaks to your style and which you want more. That's a question no one can answer for you. Both are going to be awesome.(but very different) machines.

Or.....just sell the least favorite in your collection and buy both . Looking at what you have, any one of those would.basically pay for an MBr LE.

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

"Frank"ly, YES. I never really listened to Alice Cooper...or at least didn't know it. Seriously, the only song I could have told you WAS Alice Cooper was Feed My Frankenstein, and you can thank Wayne's World for that. But I find myself drawn to Horror themed pins for some.reason (BSD, TFTC, TWD are all top 10 for me). I was hooked almost immediately on playing this....part because it's right up my alley and part because it simply does a fantastic job of pulling you in all the way around.

That said, the songs have really grown on me and work well with the theme. I love that it's not a "greatest hits" list like most rock pins.....and Cold Ethyl is just a flat out kick-ass song.

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

"...and Cold Ethyl is just a flat out kick-ass song.

Because anyone who likes music knows one thing.....if you want to make a great song......MORE COWBELL!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cmack750.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=cmack750 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.