5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1488 6 years ago
Quoted from NimblePin:

Well, that’s an easy fix...
Just put it in the middle of the living room on a black turntable with dramatic uplighting all around it!
Boom! Problem solved!

Doesn’t it cost 1,000 extra for that clear coated cabinet? I’d rather get a nice EM or early SS game. Haha

#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from lamihh:

Yeah Charlie said so on the seminar: Same audio system as TNA

That’s a huge plus. Glad to hear.

#1708 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Love Spooky and game looks great(!) but I have to say the unveiling left something to be desired. After pirates reveal followed by immediate pro stream, I thought that would be the new standard. There are many of us not at the show so immediate pro live stream of this great game would have been welcomed. Anyway just some + crit as we all are wishing for Spooky to hit this one out of the park.

I wouldn’t stream the game until they are taking orders. No real point to do it sooner imo. Loved watching the TNA stream and getting updates on orders on stream as they rolled in. It was cool to see.

#1745 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The game is all about hype. They could have gained more by streaming. That's all

Why not generate the hype when you can actually buy the game? That’s when I would do the stream. Just like how they did it for TNA.

#1747 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I thought you can put in your down payment now (which you can't get back) - so I would think you can buy the game right now. Maybe I misunderstood? The stream would just promote folks to get that non refundable downpayment in!
If you can't, I can understand that.

March 26th is when you can start ordering I believe.

#1750 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK - maybe a stream the day before or that day then. We'll see. That would be a good idea though.

I’m sure it’s the plan and I’m sure dead flip will do it.

1 month later
#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

After seeing it and playing it at Pinfest, I decided to pull the trigger.

Whaaaaat! Unboxing party at your place!

4 months later
#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Let's get back to how much country music fckn SUCKS.

B4599156-1EA6-4582-A9C3-CC47FD9D5B41 (resized).jpegB4599156-1EA6-4582-A9C3-CC47FD9D5B41 (resized).jpeg

4 weeks later
#4167 5 years ago

For anyone that was considering to go to Pincinnati at the end of November, Alice cooper’s nightmare castle will be there! I can’t wait to finally play this.

3 weeks later
#4335 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This pin desperately needs a good quality stream. Every time a spot opens up, I'm so tempted. But other than the Korean BBQ stream, there really isn't much out there...and that was over 2 months ago. Something about this pin just looks so unique and interesting.

I will see what I can do at Pincinnati. You should just come up and see it for yourself!

2 weeks later
#4526 5 years ago

Does this game have an audio out for easy direct audio for streaming?

2 weeks later
#4619 5 years ago

I hope everyone liked our gameplay video! We were lucky to have surprisingly great internet connection all weekend. This will be HUGE for bringing more new game content for years to come.

1 week later
#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am super excited to see how the code developes on this game. Some of the shots are tough, but very rewarding. I watched some of the stream from Pincincinatti. One observation that I had since I was there and played that same game, is that streams don't do it justice. Mainly because of the overhead flat viewing angle. Viewed from the players position it is gorgeous. The castle looks like a castle. LCD is perfect and lighting is fantastic. It is a he very definition of "world under glass."

Agreed. I really wanted to get good audio of the game on stream, and it still doesn’t do it justice. People just need to get out and find one. I really enjoyed playing this game. Spooky finally has my attention with this one. Never played AMH, and RZ just didn’t click ever.

TNA is amazing, but I’d really like to get into a spooky flagship title.

Can’t wait to play this some more.

#4719 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

chuckwurt, hope you did not take offense at my comment. So glad you were able to get that game (and Charlie) to Pincincinatti and to stream it. Unfortunately, for most games with lots of toys and upper playfields, the overhead viewpoint only gives the 2D look. But, how else to show the whole game? Those who have tried other angles make it so you can't follow the game. I think you did a great job capturing the audio.

Oh no none taken. I’m very critical of my own streams and tend to be very OCD on the looks and sounds.

I’m in the process of beefing up my computer to handle more cameras and higher quality.

Because I agree, when a new game comes out, I’d love to have another view that shows off more of the player view than the top down. Hard to do though.

I don’t think it will ever get good enough to match the in person experience though.

3 weeks later
1 month later
#5096 5 years ago

Okay how do I start a mode? I see switching them by the center 3 bank and the orbits are lit, but shooting them doesn’t start the mode. Does it take like 3-4 shots to the orbit to start a mode?

If so, that stinks. Haha

#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yeah 3 orbits starts the mode , but if you go left first then you need to go right . Or once you’ve hit one orbit you can open the secret passage by hitting the center stand ups 3 times , the secret passage is the inner orbit and that takes you directly to the monster . Also hitting a skill shot at the start of the ball will open the secret passage , one shot the to the secret passage (no need to hit an orbit first)starts the monster. The mystery award can start a mode for you also .

Very unique. That will take getting used to.

1 week later
#5196 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Once streams started all saw that this is not a great shooter and has next to no toys. Now some want out. And can't as unlike TNA no one is interested in getting other people's slots.

Imo that’s on the people that jumped in early. Don’t jump in early unless you’re willing to deal with the risks. Why not wait until they are all produced then get one? There will be plenty available. And you’ll have all that time to play it, see it, to decide if you really want it or not.

1 week later
#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Questions:
1) How are Spooky's balls? I'm trying not to laugh. But I hear all the time folks won't use Stern's supplied pinballs. Spooky is providing decent carbon pinballs (due to magnet) for this machine or I should use from elsewhere?
2) Do you ever put wax on before first ball or just play?
3) Anyone immediately putting down mylar in spots like shooter lane or scoop? Thinking that would require wax so mylar easily removed in future.
Your tips are appreciated. I've never had NIB before and want to do it right. Thanks!

1) have new balls at the ready. Just compare them to the stock ones. If they look shiny and not obviously junk, use them.

2) wont hurt to wax right away especially cause you’re using Mylar to protect some areas.

3) I do outhole edge, shooter lane, and all scoop openings when I get a game.

#5387 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Not quite getting why the upper area "seems dark" ... we did this to do all we can to get as much lighting as possible ABOVE the sculpts. We crammed GI in everywhere we possibly could.
But... I get it. We all have personal tastes, and I have no problem with that.
[quoted image]

Lots of people turn off their lights at home when playing pinball, so some games (most imo), become very hard to track the ball.

I always keep the lights on at my house and I have a very well lit game room. So yeah, I don’t have any issues with game lighting.

If you tried to play my genesis or big guns with the basement lights off, good luck. But lights on, no issues.

#5430 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Pardon my ignorance on the Pinstadium lighting but are these just LED strips attached at various areas in the game, additional spots, etc? How do they connect into the game?

Strips attached to angled plastic that run the length of the playfield.

They attach to the side walls of the cabinet via magnets.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.