Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (3 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (3 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (2 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (1 year ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (1 year ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#271 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also, practically written for a pinball machine. Travel to various planets delivering packages, various iconic episodes, great characters and call outs. Even if you did not get cusomt callouts there is enough great stuff to pull from the series.

It's not Futurama.

1 month later
#401 2 years ago

Me and a buddy are visiting Charlie next week for a couple of days. If anyone wants pics or info, just let me know.

1 year later
#1033 1 year ago

There are numerous tombstones in the artwork. Interesting names on all of them.

#1036 1 year ago
Quoted from pin2d:

Now that is just mean

It's what you get to do when you design your own game and artwork. Charlie had some fun. They won't mean much to most people.

2 weeks later
#1166 1 year ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Awesome! Not that I really "played" it though since there was very little code. But the game looks absolutely fantastic, shoots well, and has some really cool features.
IMHO, this will be an amazing game for Spooky.
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

In a couple weeks, Spooky Pinball will have three wise men visiting from the northwest. We can take pics when Charlie's not looking.

#1193 1 year ago
Quoted from Compy:

1. The system has a different processor that handles the in-game elements like hardware, game rules, etc. The AV is handled by a separate processor so that calling animations won't affect other processes. The flipper control is based on an interrupt so the timing is fairly exact provided that the software engineer doesn't consume most of the IRQ space.
TNA's flipper response timing matches those of WPC games since all of the slings, the pop bumper and flipper switches are handled by the FPGA on the board and not the host running all of the game code.
2. You test flipper latency at first by "feel", and by setting the IRQ timing correctly. If you wanted to, you could hook a scope to it and measure events from button press to coil throw. There is a theoretical latency to everything, obviously.
3. HD animations on pinheck yield about 30fps using graphics acceleration. We got way more than that on TNA since the TNA hardware and operating system were capable of putting out video at 1080p, so no need to worry.
4. AC has a different DAC setup at the moment, so thats TBD regarding the amp that the game will use. Either way, sound will be equally a large focus of the game for obvious reasons.

You beat me to it. I was going to say the same thing.

#1194 1 year ago

No AC pics but Charlie sent me this one this morning from his hotel. He so wishes he had invented this instead of starting a pinball company.

image (resized).jpeg

#1201 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like the pancake machine has a ramp in it.

Sadly, the pancake machine needs a ramp to make it fun. TNA is a prime example of a machine that does not need a ramp to make it fun.

AC will have a ramp....and much more.

#1212 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I was ready to bail on Pinside forever... then Bryan leaked the pancake picture.
How dare you sir! A ramp would ruin the flow of the pancake to the plate. You clearly are a dip s**t who knows nothing about pancake machines. Bro, do you even pancake?!
I love pancakes far more than you... that's how I know a good one when I see it. You should go back to eating your lame a** waffles old dude.
And don't even get me started on those arse hats with the blueberries in the mix.

You need to get some sleep.

1 month later
#1969 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Tell me why someone should spend an extra grand on cleared decals when they are most likely going to have a game on each side and not be able to see the artwork. ? Not sure about Operators , as they k ow they will get abused in the bar . Not knocking by any means . I am happy to see new games coming out.

Here's what a FT butter cabinet looks like. You really have to see a butter cabinet to appreciate how the colors look. I got a TNA butter cabinet and I have to say, the colors on ACNC look even better.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#2127 1 year ago
Quoted from pinghetto:

After a weekend of killing myself trying to figure out how the hell to make this work out..... DEPOSIT SENT!!! WOO HOO!!!
Brian

You need a pinball timeout!!!

#2214 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Never heard that. What was the relationship / involvement, or Charlie's business at the time? Love the WOZ ECLE cab.

Charlie didn’t make the WOZ cabinets but he was instrumental in getting them made that way. The same companies that made the WOZ cabinets and did the printing are the same ones that do Charlie’s butter cabinets.

2 months later
#3021 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

best part about this, LOL
Hey Bryan, apparently you now own Pinball Life. Always wondered what you were doing with your spare time

And you thought you knew me.

#3030 1 year ago

Bryan Kelly (who uses his real name every day) does not own Pinball Life. I was there yesterday.

Dude!! We had lunch. You, me and my wife Margaret.

Might have been a dream last night too.

#3032 1 year ago

Lol... give it 5 minutes, something else will pop up to speculate or complain on. It's Pinside!

I did have lunch, but it was in a truck at 70 mph on the way back from that place you dreamed of owning. Move to Benton and I'll make you the QC guy for .04% of the company and no pay checks so I don't screw up your retirement!
Bryan is retired. Did we mention he's retired?

.04%?? You're dead to me.

#3050 1 year ago
Quoted from Borygard:

Does Deb know about this "dream"? =)
--
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

Deb??

1 month later
#3367 1 year ago

I think we need to lighten up the mood around here. Here's a pic of a couple huge Alice Cooper fans. They may even have an interest in the pinball machine.

25A09A86-7F97-4636-A2EC-8952E00969B8 (resized).jpeg
#3375 1 year ago

And where the **** was Bryan Kelly when we ripped apart a 16 foot ball bowler this morning and hauled it across Benton?!??

Had my prunes for breakfast. Took a nap. Pooped for the third time. Took another nap. Pooped the prunes out.

You know....the usual.

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was wondering if there is anyone here who have, or has seen a butter cab (TNA, RZ). They sound incredible...what’d ya think? I’m in on an ACNC with butter cab, and just curious. Living vicariously thru others!

Here's what a FT butter cabinet looks like and also a comparison between TNA butter and decal. It's certainly not for everyone.

IMG_0319 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG
#3617 1 year ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I hear he only prefers to be the big spoon...

I heard that asshole!

#3731 1 year ago

It's all in the distributor... that guy is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'd probably sell more if he stayed home instead of running all over the US taking pictures.

1 month later
#4025 1 year ago

Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.
Love, Charlie

WTF??

3 weeks later
#4159 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

and according to bryan_kelly, i am an asshole

At least you are fully aware of it....asshole!

#4171 1 year ago

We tracked it down to this guy... we'll keep him regardless, but he owes us all donuts.
[quoted image]

A face so ugly, when he was a child, his mom had to tie a porkchop around his neck so the dogs would like him.

#4173 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

remember the rule Bryan...

Sorry. I won't be a dick.

3 months later
#4923 10 months ago
Quoted from jesselee72:

That last post was meant to address who asked about the topper on my Beatles oh, I don't even know how to properly respond to somebody on pinside.. sorry it's out of order on the thread..

You're killin me, Smalls!

2 months later
#5368 8 months ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Why do people trash their games out with nasty ass lighting?

Same reason so many insist on having every square inch of their games glow like they're radioactive.

#5409 8 months ago

We all have personal tastes, and I have no problem with that.
[quoted image]

ROTFLMFAO!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bryan_kelly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside