5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#285 7 years ago

A Meatloaf pin would be one of the few music themes that would make Aerosmith actually look like a good idea...

1 week later
#303 7 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

If the new pin is WOOLY, which it should be, I'm definitely in.

That would be nice, but they have added so much to this pin from the original conception that it will be 8K-plus if it hits the market.

1 week later
#352 7 years ago

Way more talented acts than this must have been available--you all got robbed!

#354 7 years ago

Oh man, there will be a long recovery after listening to that cacophony...so bad I had to watch it twice!

#356 7 years ago

...and evidently also for a buck.

1 year later
#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I observed a level of douchbaggery that I’ve never seen in other pinball events. There was a long line for AC, and a little girl of about 8 was waiting patiently with us. Then this guy jumps through the line to stand next to the game, and puts up a 4-player game for her. That seemed odd, but of course we let the little girl play her balls (which were draining pretty fast anyway). Then when she got to player 4 the guy says “I’m gonna play now!”, jumps in and plays a ball. The little girl turned to me and said “He wasn’t in line with us! That’s not right.” I didn’t make a big issue out of it because I didn’t want to ruin the girl’s experience. I just said to her “He was wrong, and karma is gonna get him.”

You are a much better person than I am. I woulda jerked him off the machine.

2 months later
#3096 5 years ago

Are the Mods all on vacation?

2 weeks later
#3205 5 years ago

I'm not sure that they have all sold--that is speculation. I'm also looking forward to seeing a video and some reviews and see how this stacks up to Maiden.

1 week later
#3255 5 years ago

Since there are no unboxing updates--does that mean only one game shipped in June?

#3295 5 years ago

Has no one else other than the HoF received one of these yet?

#3349 5 years ago

Evidently Spooky's idea of "shipping in June" was one game.

1 week later
#3476 5 years ago

Time for another photo of Vince...

#3517 5 years ago

This thing has been planned for weeks and they can't start anywhere near on time?

#3536 5 years ago

If Bowen can't hit the shots (no matter what his state), the rest of us are in real trouble...

4 weeks later
#3889 5 years ago

Are we not way overdue for an un-boxing video? Surely someone other than an insider must have received one by now.

1 week later
#3939 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

This is the (apparent?) Spooky model and it seems to work very well. They build multiple prototypes for in house testing. They then get to production and the first wave goes out to those taking them to shows/ putting them on route. Then things pause on the line (games still being built but nothing goes out) while feedback comes in from a variety of location types with tweaks/adjustments/ stuck balls/ improvements/ etc...
Spooky makes adjustments and then games go out at a quicker pace.
This is good for everyone in my opinion.
It allows Spooky to get some real world and real time feedback (no matter how much you test on prototypes you need route data from multiple operators)
It allows operators to get first games which help bring in people to play and makes it possible to buy new games
It allows lots of players to get some real world play time on early run games before the production run is sold out
It allows what are minor things to an operator (but big deals to non-tech home buyer market) to get tweaked before the droves of games start rolling out = a better final game to everyone.

Ok, let's say that is all true, then why not more transparency instead of all the secrecy? This pin had been expected to ship in numbers since early summer.

1 week later
#4058 5 years ago

I really hope Bowen is as good a with rules and design as he is at being a super player (and a really nice guy), but I really had no expectations that Elwin could design as well as he plays. Keith has proven he can excel at both, and it ain't easy, we'll see with Bowen.

#4064 5 years ago

I thought you Cooper fans might be interested in this new book, from martinpopoff.com

image002 (resized).jpgimage002 (resized).jpg

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is there any truth to chatter that the playfield is being adjusted?

That would make some sense--I'm not buying all this delay is being caused by a ramp quality issue.

3 weeks later
#4221 5 years ago

Getting a straight answer on production has been elusive, to say the least.

1 week later
#4303 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

wow, we SO need this! Thanks!
Spooky's been patient, we've been patient...time for this pin to rock!

I'd say we've been mostly patient, Spooky has been really dragging on this. Be nice to see an unboxing, some gameplay video and a review or two.

1 week later
#4435 5 years ago

I look forward to playing this one, but the callouts are very disappointing. Clint (of all people) put more effort/feeling into Dirty Harry than Alice could muster up for his pin. I can't believe whoever was recording the callouts didn't stop and ask AC to try something different rather than completely dead panning them all.

#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope this is okay to share, but on one of my trips to Spooky, Charlie was going though the audio recordings. One of the lines was something like, "Nobody would dare enter the castle by their own volition." Alice started to read it, paused, and then asked someone to look up "volition". If my memory is correct, he then repeated that word a few times and read the line again in character.

That is another example of why someone should have been producing/recording this with AC (or if someone did they used the wrong guy). If it was not a word or sentence Cooper would normally use or be comfortable with, they should have changed it to fit his style.

#4490 5 years ago

Aren't all Spooky's pretty dimly lit--they must be shooting for that dark atmosphere...

2 months later
#4951 5 years ago

Someone must be getting one--they are really cranking them out now--right?

2 weeks later
#5025 5 years ago

I wish some of these games would start going out so we can see some unboxings, get feedback on gameplay, and get this thread moving forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.