5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2368 6 years ago

I like the early 70's stuff with his "band" but yeah I'm with the rest of you -- enjoy Alice but in this for the theme and layout.

I've got a gut feeling about this one, dudes it's gonna rock!

Go Spooky! I have TNA 188 coming soonish...now this!

1 week later
#2516 6 years ago

Yikes, those callouts are BORING. C'mon Spooky...fix that. Even if you have to limit the number of callouts. I wouldn't pretend to know how many will be required for the final product, but give us a couple dozen dark/intense callouts rather than hundreds of what sounds like AC reading the phonebook. If AC can't/won't redo them, get a pro voice actor and redo them I say. AC has his name and face all over the machine but that doesn't mean it has to be *his* voice on the callouts. Just send him a polite apology letter that he was "fired" and a new set of golf clubs and he'll probably have a good laugh about it. That dude is pretty chill.

Do a poll, offer a sample of the existing callouts and ask the public what they think. Give the people what they want!

#2517 6 years ago

I haven't played ACNC and I hope the layout offers some fun/depth but I wouldn't think bricking is a problem. From what I see, you don't need to add targets to the existing design. Not saying it's AFM, but you can brick that over and over and keep coming back for more.

#2538 6 years ago

Go, Charlie...you da man! Despite my gripes about the lackluster delivery, sounds like there are reasons for that (and it must have been brutal for AC to deliver what sounds like 700+ sound bites). That said, sounds like we can trust the callouts will be snazzed up for release. Great news!

I'm down for ACNC AND TNA and can hardly wait.

Spooky is ballin'! Spooky balls?!

1 week later
#2716 6 years ago

checking in at #112!

1 week later
#2780 5 years ago

totally awesome, thanks! hopefully I'll get mine in time for Halloween!

1 month later
#3203 5 years ago

I was there yesterday picking up TNA (I've also put down a deposit on ACNC). I didn't get a chance to hang with Team Spooky at all, things were kind of hectic there (probably due to ACNC shipping #1 today) and we were running late...but I got the sense that these are quiet but passionate, hard working folks who value substance and no doubt detest BS.

Like Crile1 said, it's limited to 500 and they're pretty much all pre-sold. With the new warehouse coming and more staff being hired, I imagine production will hum along.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I'm not sure that they have all sold--that is speculation. I'm also looking forward to seeing a video and some reviews and see how this stacks up to Maiden.

I think common (guessed) consensus is there are 50-100 available to purchase as of today (June 29-18). It is still available for downpayment/preorder.

1 week later
#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, nothing to add?

***crickets***

see: bugs (above)

3 weeks later
#3590 5 years ago

Man, that was some epically fun-looking stuff !!! Thanks Spooky, Jack, Bowen & Co...

The tunes; the speed; the epic retro comic book artwork; working your way through Alice's "dungeon"...all the baddies to righteously smote; the gambling skill shot; that freaking *insane* magna magnet save...it doesn't look like it plays easy but smooth enough....and it sure looks like there's lots to master and have fun with.

Looking forward to seeing the kinks worked out and I can hardly wait for 112!

1 month later
#3937 5 years ago

I understand the dilemma. So many choices in 2018. I had my spot up for sale but decided to keep it (after lots of anguishing -- man there isn't much out there re: ACNC to base a decision on)...Iron Maiden and Dialed In are calling to me but there is just *something* about this game...and I've had a TNA for 2 months and it just gets better and better by the day...

1 month later
#4300 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

My machine #9 with every option ships Monday. I’ll post a ton of pics and video for you.

wow, we SO need this! Thanks!

Spooky's been patient, we've been patient...time for this pin to rock!

1 week later
#4426 5 years ago

I sold my spot as part of a deal for TRON/GOT LE/Smaug Hobbit. I hope the recipient of my spot really enjoys the game. I have to be honest; part of my sale was I was tired of waiting for news/reviews and I want to read reports of how fun the actual layout is (I'm a little concerned about the shots -- the presentation is A+ but are the shots fun to make?). It's strange that there is such a profound silence surrounding a new release.

I'm still all over this thread because the game LOOKS incredible. Hopefully it ends up being awesome/fun and I can add one to my collection down the line.

4 months later
#5249 5 years ago

Great work, Team Spooky! ACNC has turned into a deep, challenging game with great artwork. Condensed fan layout due to the sheer number of shots leads to some complaints of "bricking" (stupid term if you ask me) but you can't have that number of shots available without them being tight shots. Learn the freaking shots!

To each his own, but I'm high on getting mine!

#5298 5 years ago

It's twitch culture vs. patience and I understand both perspectives but have less sympathy for the former . As a GenX-er who sells what are essentially toys to an increasing Millennial market who often expect us to sell things at a loss and ship them to outer nowhere at our loss/expense due to the current marketplace...we live in times that somebody who has lived through retail of the 70's through the 00's has difficulty understanding. The models and scale of almost all retail operations these days are baffling and intimidating, to say the least. Maybe everything will go to huge operations only/or small operations mainly...or maybe all retail internet and brick and mortar are due for a serious correction?

For me and ACNC, I'm middle aged and this is a gigantic luxury item. I'll never forget the 3 weeks I spent in Malawi Africa 12 years ago, that smacked me big time and - although I will never go back - I recommend a Third World visit to all Pinsiders. It will make you appreciate your box of music, flashing lights and toys even more...believe me.

Spooky is a tiny company and IMO for their size they are pulling off a Herculean task getting this out the door with solid code etc. I've been to 900+ population Benton, we missed Charlie for the pickup and just wandered into town and caught up with him randomly because our phones had no signal, got our game and went home.

Who can't be pulling for these guys?

1 week later
#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is the TPF tutorial video uploaded to YouTube? Tried looking for it but could only find the Melbourne Silverball upload where Bowen blows the game up to 700 mil, which in itself is a clinic.

https://m.twitch.tv/videos/400129332

go to 1:54

#5465 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I concur. I’ve seen some of their stuff and generally it’s well done - but you can’t give a game a proper review after one or two games.
These days an online review can sink/save a movie/pinball/car/whatever ... the average person these days is so influenced by other people’s opinions (why, I do not know ...) so it’s important to make the effort to actually do it properly.
IMO
rd

This came across as a mini-review, not a hot take. Dudes, that's why we're blowing this up.

A "Hot Take" can be a useful teaser and I understand that these guys want to cover lots of territory -- and I appreciate their volume of work. But there's a responsibility to give a machine proper coverage; potential buyers DO watch things like this and make decisions with their $$$ based on these riffs. Buffalo should have treated their "hot take" as just that. Scratch the surface, promote it, and move on. No judgements until you actually spend some time on the machine. It's laughable that they would even discuss paying $6500+ to purchase a machine based on a handful of plays. Save that kind of question for the review, guys...or your hot take suddenly gains the weight of a full-on review.

I look forward to their more in-depth review.

1 month later
#5581 4 years ago

LOL I'd take one of those in a heartbeat, lovely work!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinballer67.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=Pinballer67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.