5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#179 7 years ago

I would love to see someone make Keith's "Archer" game as the layout is a slam dunk and you know the rules will be solid given his experience as a player. He would make a great guest designer/rules-architect for Spooky or one of the other companies. The biggest asset both Stern and JJP have are experienced rules/software guys that are also great players. I think he'd bring instant credibility to whoever hired him. With that being said the Archer design may be too complex/expensive for Spooky to take on at their current price point. Both RZ and AMH were designed with ease of assembly and BOM in mind. Archer has more flippers and mechs and could take considerably longer to assemble given the added complexity.

#185 7 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

I believe the current white wood version of Archer would be the super LE my goal was to over-design then Remove later. Making the rocket launcher a static captive ball would eliminate 1 motor, 1 vuk and 1 up down ramp. ( I do have a sub design which feeds the rocket launcher from the left ramp eliminating up down and vuk) Eliminating vari-target would also eliminate subway ramps. The only things that are must stays are the 4 flippers, shooting range target, loop up-down diverter post and center up- down ramp.

Sign me up for an Archer Pro then Sometimes less is more when it comes to pinball features and is why I'll often gravitate towards Pro models vs. LE/Premium. The game really has everything I'm looking for in a pin. Great layout, solid rules, and an awesome theme with tons of humor. Would love to see this game get produced in some form in the future!

5 months later
#443 7 years ago

Got a chance to watch the Dead Flip TA video over the weekend and I have to give props to Scott. The game looks amazing and fun as hell! That's the kind of new blood and fresh thinking we need in pinball. Would love to see this game be made by Spooky in the future!

1 year later
3 weeks later
#2525 6 years ago

I only got a handful of games in at MGC but what surprised me was how tough the game played. I personally like that it's challenging as I'm a decent player and like when a game kicks you in the nuts. But I'd be curious to see of what percentage of games played that people were actually able to start the main multiball. Kind of reminded me of Black Hole in that regard. Especially how it releases your first lock after a drain and you have to re-lock it on your next ball. It's really hard to get a clean shot on that upper playfield ramp especially since the drop target resets every time it exits the upper playfield. So even after you have the 3 hits you have to knock it down again and catch the rebound and send it up that ramp. I think I spent the majority of my time playing just hitting that right ramp and trying to get to get the balls locked up above. You can get some pretty good flow going on the main playfield but there are some tight shots as well and the other difficult part is that you can't see where most of the shots go as they are obscured by either the upper playfield or the castle pieces (reminded me a bit of BK2K or GOTLE in that regard). I guess that makes sense since you're exploring a castle that the shots feel more hidden and claustrophobic but it's just different than what we're used to for modern games. I actually think this could be a good thing as it really differentiates the game and gives it more personality.

I'm looking forward to spending more time with the game when I can hear it better and after I get a better idea of how the rules work! Curious what others' thoughts are on the actual gameplay as most of the talk is just how the game looks and sounds. I do think the art package and LCD screen look fantastic!

#2531 6 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

I played quite a few games and did hit the lock a number of times. The game has some tough shots but I like that. With all the noise at the show I didn't put the effort into figuring out how to get through the modes but had fun shooting the game. You do "brick" some shots but when you start to feel out where they are, they become quite satisfying. If you want an easy game that makes you feel good every time I would suggest picking up a used LOTR. If you like the castle adventure that this is and want to have to work a little then this will be right up your alley.

Agreed. I welcome the challenge of games like this or Black Hole where multi-ball isn't a gimme and you have to really work for it. I just wonder how many casual players would be able to get multi-ball started during a game? In the grand scheme it probably is a non issue since there are only going to be 500 games made and the vast majority going to collector's homes that are pretty skilled at pinball. It seems like a game designed for "us" rather than casuals or people to play on route.

#2534 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

pretty sure the ball kickout after locking a single ball is just a patch since code is incomplete? (probably dont have the logic in for dealing with locked balls yet and I think Fawzma said there will be lock stealing capabilities in future state)

That makes sense and would be great to have as an option as it would give the game some System 11 charm with the lock stealing as opposed to early Gottlieb type difficulty. I hope they leave the option for both as I appreciate the extra difficulty of having to re-lock. But then again I'm one of the few that actually likes when a game punishes you when you mess up. -kind of like on Black Hole when you don't complete a drop target bank and it drains your ball.

11 months later
#5389 5 years ago

I played some AC yesterday on location and had no problems seeing or tracking the ball. The game seemed to be better lit than most newer games. The Stern Deadpool Pro a couple pins down was much harder to see and track the ball with all the red GI.

Just gotta say that AC is a really fun game and I really enjoy the new rules (especially regarding the modes). It's now a tough call between this and TNA for my favorite Spooky game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 300.00
$ 210.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 14.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeS.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=MikeS and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.