5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#908 6 years ago

I saw Alice in concert last Sunday and it was mostly an older crowd, like myself, but there was a young couple sitting next to us who must've been in their twenties. They were mostly quiet when Alice was doing his older songs but when he sang Poison they sprang to life and sang every word of the song. I got a chuckle out of that.

IMG_5171 (resized).JPGIMG_5171 (resized).JPG

#910 6 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Interesting because if they were in their twenties, they probably weren't born yet when that song was a hit in 1989. For it to be nostalgic to their childhood, you would think they'd be in their 40's. I wonder how they both had a connection to that song.

Good point, perhaps they were older or they just liked that song. All I know is it was a little weird to have the guy next to me loudly singing 'I want to kiss you but I want it too much...'

11 months later
#2552 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'm going to get back to work and tune out for a while. Better for the sanity.

That’s a great idea, PLEASE don’t listen to all of the self appointed “experts” on pinball design in this thread, they’ll screw up this pin in no time. ACNC is looking really good right now and by the time you put on all the finishing touches I’m sure it’s going to be great.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry charlie,
the video that all 9 posters i quoted in my post were referring to was the one posted on your company facebook page of you personally playing. pretty sure that was one that you made, you put out, you authorized, and you had something to do with. they were critical of what they saw in your video. that's the one that got them worked up. in fact, so much so, that they wanted to see more - hoping for something better.

Dude we get it, you don’t like what you’re seeing. Charlie has made it clear that he’s not changing the game just to accommodate your preferences. You’re beating a dead horse so why don’t you shut up and stop being a troll.

2 weeks later
#2829 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I don't understand, they spend all this time, and money going to shows, when they can't post a good gameplay video with Bowen (or anyone else decent at Pinball, sorry Charlie!). Instead we get updates in the thread from the couple people at each show that play it and are underwhelmed by various reasons. It seems like at this point time would be better spent not going to shows every couple weeks, especially since the game is almost sold out anyway.
We understand code is rough at this point, but it's good enough for a show, why is it not good enough for a decent video just to show us that it shoots well at least?

The problem with posting videos while it’s still being developed is that no one on Pinside seems to understand the ‘still being developed’ part and immediately start picking apart things that aren’t finished yet. Charlie did post a video so that people could see it at that stage of development and his reward was hearing people gripe about a bunch of things still being worked on. Also, they switched from the Ben Heck board to the P3 platform just a few months ago so they’re still working on issues with that. I believe Jack is waiting to film some gameplay until they update the software in order to be fair to Spooky.

#2901 5 years ago

The colors on the butter cabinet really pop, but I went with the standard cabinet as I like the colors not being quite so bright, suits the game better IMO. Plus the $1000 charge is hard to swallow.

2 weeks later
#3005 5 years ago
Quoted from tacshose:

Agreed, I’m tired of seeing this thread bumped, and wasting time checking it, just to see google images Alice pictures

Yep, I agree too. Magicchiz, I really appreciate your enthusiasm, I can’t wait to get my pin either. But it serves no purpose to keep bumping this thread with pictures that provide no information about the pin. It makes it difficult to read through the thread for information and it wastes people’s time thinking there’s new information about the pin only to be disappointed that it’s yet another pic of Alice.

1 week later
#3093 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

We need some current photos and info from sfg.

I agree!

#3104 5 years ago

Quick question, where does Spooky put the power button on it’s pins? I’m rearranging things and trying to figure out the best place to locate my ACNC when I eventually get it.

#3107 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Lower right corner under the cabinet, like Zuess intended!

Thanks. I hate the power button being on the head on the Stern spike games, I’m always reaching under the cabinet to turn it on before realizing it’s not there.

1 week later
#3153 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Thank you spooky for posting that!
Magicchiz

And thank you Magicchiz for posting that! Those pictures I don’t have a problem with. Man I’m really loving the artwork and the comic style they’re using on this. I can’t wait!!!

3 weeks later
#3319 5 years ago

Hmm, I thought it was a translite. I’ll be happy to be wrong though.

2 weeks later
#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Did anyone notice the powder coat on the FB post with ACNC recently. It looks like a slightly different blue than the news letter that was sent out for ordering options. I think the blue in the FB post looks fantastic![quoted image][quoted image]

I did notice that, I agree that it looks great!

Quoted from SilverBallz:

i don't think a Spooky pin is for you.

I don’t think pinball in general is for him. It’s unfortunate he has caused so much unrest in this thread and has people fighting and down voting each other’s posts, he seems to really get off on that. He’s also upset the person who has the most invested in this and is working very hard to bring it to us. He obviously has no respect and no sense of decorum.

#3562 5 years ago

Loved what I saw and can’t wait to get mine, great job Charlie!

#3621 5 years ago

I’m glad I watched the live stream last night, I don’t really understand where the people are coming from who are complaining about the layout and the shots. This pin is unique and not a cookie cutter layout like some of the pins that have been released over the past several years and I love that about it. I thought the play on it looked fantastic, and the people that hadn’t played it before we’re picking up on it fairly quickly. I guess if you want a pin that’s incredibly easy and you can just mindlessly flip away at, maybe this won’t be for you. The way that everything has come together on this; the playfield, artwork, animations, and audio, is very impressive. And the overall quality of this game looks fantastic, better than the LEs that Stern has released recently, and I’m a fan of Stern. It’s clear this game is a labor of love for Charlie and it really shows in the final(at this point) product. Well done Charlie, I’m more excited now than ever and can’t wait to get mine!

1 month later
#3950 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Occasionally markymark2400 seems to need to reassure himself that he did the right thing...

That pretty much sums up this thread to this point. A few people freaking out about every opinion/comment/video that gets posted and second guessing themselves. It’s frustrating for those of us that are really excited about this game to put up with the negative comments/innuendo from these people. I’m in this for the long haul and waiting for the day mine shows up. Alice Cooper rocks...Spooky Pinball rocks...peace out!

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

reckless was he? no, there is another.
and another,
and another...

reality check.
more than just a few.
they cant all be making the 'wrong' decision as well, can they?
35 travisbmartin.. [sold off]
45 mr86 ........... [offered 4sale]
59 mjalexan ...... [offered 4sale]
62 norcalrealtor .. [sold off]
64 nikpinball ...... [offered 4sale]
66 frankmac ...... [offered 4sale]
113 tbutler6 ....... [offered 4sale]
114 adborto ....... [offered 4sale]
123 markymark2400 .. [sold off]
263 jhagen ........ [sold off]
286 loserkid3 ...... [offered 4sale]
323 swampfire .... [offered 4sale]
329 bellbrand ...... [offered 4sale]
343 product-of-74 .. [offered 4sale]
394 2kaulitz ........ [sold off]
xxx pinstein .. nonumber [sold off]

sorry, but the main source of buyers frustrations appears to lie elsewhere.
so much moxie exhibited in this thread that everything and everybody will be fine/OK. very encouraging.

You don’t like the pin, it’s not your cup of tea, that’s fine! There’s pins I don’t care for that other people love, but you don’t see me posting a bunch of negative aspersions and innuendo about the game. Since you seem convinced there’s problems with this pin I honestly don’t know why you just don’t move along and leave the rest of us in peace. You seem to get your satisfaction by constantly coming on here and stiring shit up.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:Funniest part is again the creep factor of trolling with this guy...now keeping a spreadsheet of every ACNC deposit spot that is even mentioned for sale in passing.

He does have a very unhealthy obsession with this. Life is too short, you don’t like something, leave it alone and move on to something you do like.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants to ACTUALLY play the game come check it out on route. 1st round is on me and I have the keys so we can crank up the sound (sound system is great on this game) if we go to the bar at an off time so you can hear it better

WHAT!! Actually play the game before you come on here and start critiquing it? That’s just CRAZY talk!! Then all these people won’t be able to come on here and whine about things they have no first hand experience with.

#4006 5 years ago

It has 3 SMART drop targets ... ? 2 of them are in line and capable of some cool Scott Danesi like stuff (and maybe even more). The other battles you as you try to get to the working "Feed my Frankenstein" monster physical ball lock on the upper playfield.

Amen sir... it's watching people just attacking each other daily for no reason (and NOTHING they would say or do in person) that just wears me out.
Look, I can get people saying this game has a few tight shots... it does. I can get people who think slapping the ball around on a wide open playfield is "fun" ... it IS fun and makes you feel good. None of that makes you a better player, and no game really needs to do that either. If you like a challenge, those games are out there. If you like simple feel good games, TONS of them available too.
But at no point in time would I ever tell someone they are wrong for liking the type of game they like... and I certainly wouldn't attack, insult, degrade, or argue why they are wrong for liking it. THIS is what gets me fired up when reading this crap.

Happens every day in here. You are right, nobody does. Neither do we for making a game some see "problems" with.

There are no cheap plastic figurines or covers in this game, only real sculpted parts EVERYWHERE. It has 2 interactive toys that are 100% from the Alice universe (Frankenstein and Guillotine), it has more speech from Alice Cooper himself than perhaps any game ever made, a super cool return spiral habitrail, unique ball save (nod to Golden Eye ... Lol) 4 subway access points, 3 smart drop targets, full RBG, and an art package that Alice himself was blown away with.
I really hope that makes fans happy, but .. to each his own. We did our best, and spared NOTHING from the BOM. Code is coming along MUCH better, and I couldn't be happier about that. I hope as the game gets out there more fans get the chance to enjoy it and decide for themselves.
I also hope as Spooky grows, we can just get down to making & selling games with no deposits. This was unthinkable from where we started, but right now we're committed to making TnA's we haven't sold, and that feels pretty great!
Life is good. It's also temporary. It's time to step off Pinside and go do something that truly is good for pinball. Gonna clear a bunch more games for shipping to happy customers!
Be nice to each other. Love is all you need. Peace Love Pinball. Happy happy, joy joy. Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.
Love, Charlie

Right on Charlie! Don’t let the haters get to you, just keep on doing what you’re doing. I appreciate all your passion and working to make this pin the best you can. I love what I’m seeing, as are a lot of other people. Peace out!

1 week later
#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

plus, at stern, elwin has a team of experienced software developers and engineers to back him, whereas spooky has fawzma and whoever the 'heck' is in charge of engineering now.

You just can’t pass up an opportunity to throw some mud at Spooky can you. Luckily, there’s a way I don’t have to listen to anymore of your jibber-jabber. I hope one day you find something more productive to do with your life. So long greenhornet, master of the Pinside trolls.

2 weeks later
#4123 5 years ago

A weekly update from Spooky on where things are at would be nice! Maybe it would save us from people posting a bunch of pictures of Alice. As much as I love Alice, he’s one ugly MF!

#4135 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Finally, the troll has been permanently ejected!

Ha! I had already permanently ejected him, which is nice because now I don’t have to listen to his drivel in all the other threads he posts his hatred of Spooky in.

#4146 5 years ago

Awesome, thanks for the update Charlie!

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Gonna be doing all sortsa crazy videos alongside horrorhouse fest with this here awesome pinball do-dad called Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle ..
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So how did you manage to get the legs powder coated blue, but the side rails and lock down bar silver?

#4175 5 years ago

We tracked it down to this guy... we'll keep him regardless, but he owes us all donuts.
[quoted image]

Well that explains the shirt!

1 week later
#4234 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The game simply isn't (or wasn't) ready to ship to home customers ... or none that didn't want a frustrating experience, or who weren't willing to fix stuff and submit a load of feedback. That's pretty obvious. Spooky should probably have been more open about that, but for anyone who's actually followed the thread, they're hardly hiding it either.
I don't see why people are trying to find a new answer every week, when it's been the same for a while.
Hopefully most of the physical issues are put to bed on games coming off the line, and it appears software updates have now gone out, even if there's a load of stuff to add and fix still.
Sending out home games with major software and frustrating hardware issues would be really foolish, so they appear to have made the right decision, even if it is taking a while.

^^^This

Quoted from lancestorm:

If you got your Alice and it had a flurry of issues you'd be asking why they rushed it!!!

^^^And this

2 weeks later
#4452 5 years ago

I love Alice, can’t wait for my pin, but I agree from what I’ve heard the call outs are a little subdued. I realize this is how Alice talks now, but for the call outs on a pin they could be a little more animated. I agree with Ben that having a voice coach directing him would probably have helped. All in all it’s not a big deal to me though.

#4481 5 years ago

Yep... true stuff, and remember there is a small MOUNTAIN of callouts not in the game yet. Stability gets precedence over content.
We've got multiple people that are all eyes on the rule set all the time, and Ben gave us a great base to start with (and fantastic insert art!). Scott has his game and is taking control of all the sound effects. Bunyip has already done a fantastic job on the animations, and Bowen has been incredible to getting balance and pushing us / reeling us in when needed. From me, to Fawzma, to everyone involved... it's all a team effort.
The market is flooded with choices, and we'd much rather see the people who love this game for what it is end up with it than try to beat you over the head with "how great it is". I'm kind of a terrible salesman.
I also own an original MB and I'm not giving it up! Lol... to even be compared to that game in any capacity is flattering. The 2 games play entirely differently, but of course a game filled with monsters I'm going to find pretty damn inspirational (and fun!).
This was a record week for game building with 17 done here at Spooky! We're cranking hard on TnA to fill as many orders as possible while we get Alice exactly the way we want it for both code & production. TnA has never stopped selling, and will hit that 550 cut off (for now) mark soon.
So, 2 best selling games of last 6 years here are back to back, and yep... that's a good thing, but also a problem we're finding ways to conquer. Right now TnA is leaving 3 to 1 ACNC, and eventually that will swing the other direction.
Back to debating on whatever is next I guess. Lol... we'll be here in snowy WI working as usual. Take care and be good to each other!
Charlie out.

Thanks Charlie, your updates are always appreciated!

1 week later
#4535 5 years ago

I originally went with the scary blue powder coat but the more I see pics of it and the standard finish I may end up changing my order, they both look good on this pin. I’ve got some time to make up my mind since my build number is in 300’s

1 week later
#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Beware the Spooky defenders. If you post something even remotely critical they may pounce.
Per Charlie production for this pin began in June, almost 6 months ago. If they are have only shipped 20-ish so far then they are way behind all reasonable expectations.
"Have you not realized Spooky isn't Stern already? You should have done your homework." What a silly remark from Magalo. 20 units in 6 months and he mocks this guy for requesting a production update.
I sold spot #62 after playing this game in May and I thought for sure my buyers would've gotten his game by now. I feel bad that they haven't.

I agree they are behind on the original production estimates and a little more communication about what is causing the holdup would be nice. It’s not exactly unheard of for there to be a production delay in pinball. I know I’ll be getting mine eventually but I have a high number and always knew it would be sometime next year. I understand why people who had low numbers and expected to have theirs already would be getting upset.

#4586 5 years ago

...YOU'RE GOING TO GET A BETTER GAME FOR ALL THIS EFFORT!!!

I have no doubts, thanks Charlie!

And I’ve waited years for code updates from Stern so this isn’t so bad!

1 week later
#4650 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

yeah we own a rock n roll store just getting very impatient I guess ! I will sit and wait for now if stern does anymore metal ones before this drops I will probably bail . just tired of customers asking how much longer it will take . hopefully it happens soon !

Charlie explaned they did throttle back the production of ACNC to finish off the TNA run. But when they do go into full production on it more machines will be coming out at a faster pace. I understand the people with low production numbers being bummed, but keep in mind as they are finishing TNA they are continuing to work on and polish ACNC. So when you do receive your game, you will be getting a more complete pin that will be more fun to play right out of the box.

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:we have purchased two different versions of maiden Deadpool pro and we just bought a beatles , and will be buying the munsters

What’s the name of your store? Sounds like a place that I’d like to come by if I’m in the area.

#4678 5 years ago

I don’t have a problem with anyone voicing criticism as long as they’re upfront about it and don’t try to hide behind words and deny what they’re doing.

Quoted from frankmac:

Does the code change the shot geometry?

Quoted from frankmac:

Negative? How are my post negative?

This is the kind of passive agressive B.S. that I don’t care for. If you don’t like the shot geometry just come out and say it, I’m okay with that. But don’t imply that there’s something wrong with it and then deny that you said anything negative.

1 week later
#4735 5 years ago

A little off topic, but has anyone heard the Nita Strauss album Controlled Chaos? I was surprised by how good it was. I knew she was a good guitar player but she’s really better than you can tell from just seeing her with AC. I highly recommend it if you’re a fan of good guitar shredding.

71A5E9F3-4442-4428-B1AE-7EA97D661BCE (resized).jpeg71A5E9F3-4442-4428-B1AE-7EA97D661BCE (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#4927 5 years ago

I really wish I had the money to buy one of the remaining TNAs, then maybe they’d let me cut the line and ship my ACNC along with it. Oh well, I love the recent streams I’ve seen and how it’s progressing, it definitely looks like it will be worth the wait.

2 weeks later
#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You all need a Spooky tracker kind of like Dominoes pizza tracker [quoted image]

LOL, we also need Spooky shoes that have a button on them you push to order pinball machines. Better get on this Charlie!

2 weeks later
#5039 5 years ago

Man you guys complaining with relatively low numbers should try being in the 300’s like me! No one likes to wait but as Gryszzz pointed out that’s the price you gotta pay when doing business with a smaller company. Spooky isn’t as big as Stern and they’re cranking these out as fast as they can. I don’t see any other manufacturers out there making a pin as interesting as this one. And at least you can rest assured that it will be made, I was THIS close to putting down a deposit on Aliens

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

You have to remember that those with the low numbers have waited much longer than you

Not really, probably a week at most. But I understand, by the original estimates they should be much further along.

#5087 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I will PayPal gift you half the amount . Pm me your PayPal email .

I really like the butter cabinet option but can’t afford the extra $995, if I PM you my PayPal account would you give me half the amount?

1 week later
#5120 5 years ago

Personally I don’t need unboxing videos, but I wouldn’t mind seeing pics or videos once it’s setup and hearing what people think.

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Hoomedonpinball.com

Hookedonpinball.com

#5212 5 years ago
Quoted from scasey:

ACNC #22 butter cab has shipped. It should be delivered early next week.

This is why people are getting frustrated, number 22 is just now shipping??? That should have happened months ago, butter cab or not.

#5214 5 years ago
Quoted from gunstarhero:

Either they don't ship in order or the cab upgrade takes extra time because the one we opened last nite was in the 50s.

I know they don’t ship in order because repeat customers get priority, they’re combining orders for overseas shipping, they’re doing the butter cabs in batches...but still that’s a long time to wait for #22. I’m still excited to get mine and think it will be worth the wait, I just have absolutely no idea when to expect it anymore.

2 weeks later
#5420 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I didn't want to do this but here is the no pinstadium picture, and with.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but thanks for posting those pics Magicchiz Personally I prefer it without the pinstadiums but I certainly don’t have issues with people personalizing their pins however they want.

4 weeks later
#5536 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Down vote all you want this stream was dull and it was brick city.

You must not have watched the stream you linked in, cause it looked like a blast to me. And I will downvote you for creating the other thread with the title “Alice Cooper Nightmare is a brick” just to bash the pin, for being weak minded and easily influenced by anything anyone says, and for not being able to form your own opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 14.00
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BudManPinFan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=BudManPinFan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.