5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BOHICA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

too bad certain people didn't realize i was actually trying to help Charlie understand what people were seeing in his video that was causing a number of people to dismiss ACNC as a potential purchase. i never got the chance. as a result, he has now gone 30+ days without said information.

I have a deposit on one - I can't speak for other buyers, but I don't want you designing my game. Not saying you are not an ace with a long track record of successful designs, just that I sent the $ based on faith in Mr. Emery & crew + liking what is there. If it were otherwise, I simply would have passed and sought a game that suited my taste, letting people be content with their purchase. Your persuasive input might have been better received if you had consulted with those who have skin in the game before starting to lobby.

1 week later
#3042 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We make games, not drama. Hope it always stays that way.

Thanks for the update and info, Mr. Emery.

If you think the speculators are upset now, wait til 12:01 AM June 1 when the satellites don't show any heat signatures from trucks leaving your shop loaded with AC machines. Hope for no full moon.

4 weeks later
#3231 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And time to save $$.

And hopefully see some pics of the blue on a production model for comparison shopping. (politely clearing throat so as to alert a generous, considerate low number dude with a camera).

2 weeks later
#3369 5 years ago

Just curious - any actual buyers posting in this thread as distressed as some of those who are not buying the game?

If I was worried, would not have put a deposit in. Seems easy even for a simpleton like me.

#3380 5 years ago

Proof that life in the US has become incredibly easy in the last century: People now have time to try tracking production numbers and shipping dates of toys they aren't waiting for and in some cases don't even like. My grandparents had to worry every day about food on the table and keeping a roof overhead; no time for the luxury of being offended on their own behalf, much less someone else's.

3 weeks later
#3774 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I said before and I will say it again...This is my dream pin!!!!
Number 330 though!

Try to be optimistic - it's easier and quicker than importing a tank and as an added bonus you have 329 beta testers paving the way.

1 month later
#4008 5 years ago

So much drama over a game. Most of us probably bought this machine on our own taste an opinions, not anyone else's, be they positive or negative. Some may have seen the potential for a quick flip coming then bailed when it didn't materialize, some may have just thought it was worth the coin to have the option to decide over time without the risk of "missing out". Regardless, it's all fine - we will all survive it. Anyone who feels compelled to make everyone agree with you over something, especially a game should seek professional help (and double quick if you have crossed the line into being a real life creep by tracking anyone's activity or have began an online redesign debate with the manufacturer without consulting the buyers - poor communication personified; critique self before others = get more respect, less resentment).

@ SpookyCharlie: I have not owned a pin for about 13 years. No more than a minimal AC fan and am coming out of "retirement" for this one (#347 - lots of coasting time for my beta testers and I even got some supercool black pinfoots from Mr. Kelly to jazz it up). It's really different, looks fun + you have a great story (like most internet experts, the only things I lack that keep me from smoking you in the pinball biz are spine, talent, and dedication so consider yourself lucky) - and that's enough. Back to the grindstone, man and no more swatting hornets or refereeing purse fights.

P.S. Anyone who disagrees with me is an ******* and all your pins suck.

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Can anyone post a pic of the final email from Spooky with the final options available and prices?

This from the Pinball Star e-mail:

Add ons and Upgrades
Knocker and Shaker Motor Kits AVAILABLE FROM PINBALL LIFE. Order from Pinball Life, have them sent directly to Spooky and give them your game number to denote on the shipment, - $ 25 covers installation of both kits.
Knocker link: https://www.pinballlife. com/index.php?p=product&id=420 8
Shaker kit link: https://www.pinballlife. com/index.php?p=product&id=470 5
5 Piece Plastic Protector Set - $ 25
Interior cabinet Graveyard Decals - $ 65
Mirror Blades - $ 85
Scary Blue Powder Coat - $ 125
Our standard Silver Vein is stock, jazz it up a notch with some shiny deep blue scary goodness !
Butter Edition cabinet. What is this? Our own recipe ! Cabinets are hand dipped in rich colored inks (no decals), rolled in automotive clear coat protection, and buffed to shiny delicious perfection. - $ 1,000
Operators - Bill acceptor coin door is a $20 upgrade. Coin mechs are $8 each. Coin box and lid are $25.

1 month later
#4193 5 years ago

played 1.3 games @ York Saturday. On the first ball, the lab lock target popped up and launched the ball over the castle wall, landing between the wall and cave which ended that run then got in line later and managed a full game. I suck and am not smart enough to evaluate pinball machines - they are either fun or not and this one is - more so than anything else @ the show for me anyway. It is complex without being complicated.

#4242 5 years ago

Is it possible that Spooky's subs have day jobs and therefore don't sit awaiting one off pinball related orders that can be delivered lightning quick? If so, I would not get into numbers if I was Spooky Charlie. For example if the butter vendor only does a run (or a "mess" for those of you from IL) vs a one off to justify ceasing other jobs or taking an employee off line. If the butter cab orders are #5, 27, 49, 77, etc. that would leave Charlie the option of sitting cabs in the shop for potentially weeks taking up space and risking damage just to keep the line 100% sequential. Then heaven forbid the wrong pinsider finds out #49 shipped before #48.... internet meltdown.

#4251 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

That is mostly correct. The butter cabinets are done in batches. I'm not sure in the number, but let's say its 10. That means if game number 1, 8, 28, 40, 72, 90, 110, 140, 150, 166 are butter cabinets, then all of those will get done at once. It's also done when the cabinets are ready. If the line is on game 65 and the butter cabinets are ready, then the butter games will get done. If you are number 1 you might be waiting a while, but if you are number 150, then technically you are getting your game early.
Hope that makes sense.

It does and thank you - you gave a more intelligent explanation than I did (don't get a big head or anything, it's not a high hurdle). I know literally nothing about building pinball, but some concepts are shared in manufacturing/assembly operations. Businesses have two options: 1) maintain the ability to perform all functions under roof or 2) rely on subcontractors and/or vendors to improve efficiency and reduce overall cost. If the business opts for #1, everyone chips in via higher pricing and if #2 is in play and a buyer insists on a specific departure time based on serial #, that would be a separate negotiation and most often price the game well beyond practicality.

#4263 5 years ago

A few pics from York. Wife tried to get one of Igor, but didn't quite make it - he was too quick.

181023_010652_0 (resized).jpeg181023_010652_0 (resized).jpeg181023_010652_1 (resized).jpeg181023_010652_1 (resized).jpeg181023_010652_2 (resized).jpeg181023_010652_2 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_3 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_3 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_4 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_4 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_5 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_5 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_6 (resized).jpeg181023_010653_6 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#4480 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

Add one more to your poll.... I was this (*) close to AFMr but held off waiting to see what this one looked like before committing. Took a few days of stewing, but opted for ACNC wait and all.

#4485 5 years ago

Since there is a club thread, any chance actual owners/buyers might start posting there and leave the various personal and buy-don't buy debates, non-player/non-owner/uninterested party generated critiques, general speculation, Cooper pix, etc for this one - maybe get a bit more game focused content?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk

1 week later
#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Any pics from the line by chance?

There are a few on pages 8 & 9 of the topic image gallery

#4541 5 years ago

Anyone planning on standard trim w/lighted speakers?

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

Hello. I may be dreaming but on the old video, I remember that when the ball tap slingshots there was a sound of metal chains resounded. But on these last video it does not look like the case, I found these sounds great.

Found some early video with the sounds you mentioned....

@ damonator - thanks for the photo.... very nice

#4556 5 years ago

ACNC coming to Morgantown?

1 month later
#4738 5 years ago

At the risk of taking the thread off topic....

Recent post on Spooky FB page says production will "switch to nothing but Alice Cooper in a matter of days"

4 weeks later
#4918 5 years ago

Lance - try the ACNC club for blue and gray pics. It's not as junked up as this thread yet.

2 weeks later
#4954 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

got the email today that mine is on the line. i have never known what number i was, so i guess i am not too helpful for people trying to figure out their timing for their games. sorry! pretty excited to get this. i think i will start doing all Alice tunes all the time at work to get myself in the mood!

Did you have an opportunity to confirm or revise your choice of options or was it strictly a notification?

#4956 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

I give me customers a "final chance" when I'm notified that their games are going on the line. Definitely talk with your distributor as soon as you know you want to make a change.

Much appreciated. The lighted speakers were not listed when I made a deposit, but definitely something I want to add. Still waffling on blue or gray, but time to have a movement or get off the pot..... or invoke option #3: remain indecisive while complaining about both options on Pinside.

2 weeks later
#5057 5 years ago

$95 for the lighted speakers. I just added last week via Joe / PBS.

#5062 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Are they multi-colored, interactive with the game or just a solid one color

They were solid last time I can recall a video showing them, but things have changed since then, that may not be accurate.

1 month later
#5419 4 years ago

Magic - thanks for the cool posts and photos. Beats the crap out of AC wearing a Santa Claus hat. Give us pinsiders a vote on how you spend your money when we start paying your bills. We are blessed to live in so much luxury as to have the time to get upset over some other person's toy.

9 months later
#5646 4 years ago
Quoted from zeldzameflippers:

i just received my game. I like the artwork, colors, sounds, music!!! But i find the game play realy hard and difficult. Most shots end on the posts or other rubbers resulting in 1 or 2 modes max played per game (5 balls)
Does anybody has some tips to adjust the gameplay? so shots can be made easier.

This is a tough game. I suck and it reminds me of that every time I play. For a while I set the difficulty to "easy action" which reduces the number of rooms needed to reach the monster and helped reduce the frustration level (but nothing actually gets easier, just less time and accurate orbit shots needed).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
$ 20.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BOHICA.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=BOHICA and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.