5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Announcement from Spooky via Pinside User Posted by ZenTron (7 years ago)

Post #81 Ben Heck confirming theme is not The Munsters Posted by benheck (7 years ago)

Post #789 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SpookyCharlie (7 years ago)

Post #1998 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Pinbaltz (6 years ago)

Post #2755 ruleset Posted by Medisinyl (5 years ago)

Post #3365 Jack Danger stream date confirmed. Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Post #3970 Factory photos Posted by SpookyCharlie (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It would kind of make sense for every company not to reveal a pin at the same time. They run the risk of being compared to the others or getting lost in the shuffle.

Nah. You don't wait for the other guy to announce first and then try and ride in their wake, it's a race to get games in front of wallets. Only so many of them are stuffed full enough!

#96 7 years ago

I'm a little sad that Spooky is teasing a new game and we're already primed to guess nothing but licenses. And Spooky would be smart to keep doing licensed games too, they sell. I just wish original themes were more viable.

But let's be honest, if Stern had announced a new game, with no pictures of it, and it was an original theme, it wouldn't sell the LEs out, and people wouldn't be lining up for the Super LEs with their application essays and SAT scores. People are buying the license right now, Batman is selling a game with nothing but some text on a flyer.

I thought Rob Zombie was an awesome choice of license, I'm sure Spooky will continue to pick good ones. And licensed games can be great! Just wish there was more room for original pins in the market is all.

Everything in Hollywood feels like a sequel, a franchise (Marvel universe for instance), a prequel, is based on a book series, or is remake or reimagining of an existing movie. When you see something original, like Stranger Things, it just feels more special now.

6 months later
#732 7 years ago

Couldn't care less about Alice Cooper, don't think I could hum a bar of any of their songs. My metal tastes just never ran that direction I guess. But that art looks rad, the name is rad, the whole thing sounds a lot more like what I had originally thought Rob Zombie should be. Spooky is doing their thing, love it, and wish them nothing but luck and a sold out run.

Far as I'm concerned, if there's a single pinball company out there that doesn't deserve any wet blanket negative bullshit it's Spooky.

10 months later
#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

Cost reasons. I won't say what the difference between PinHeck + R&D verse buying PROC out right but the PinHeck + R&D time is cheaper.

Have you considered though that you might not actually understand things, from your limited insider perspective, clouded by facts and direct experience? Perhaps what you need is some insight from someone on the outside, who doesn't actually know anything about details like "numbers" and "costs" and other fancy buzz words?

#1164 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I've been involved in game design and production and know plenty of people in the industry, both back at Williams and now, but don't let that get in the way of your cute little jab. Don't you have a name to drop somewhere else?

Lighten up, why do people have to make things so personal? It's like 0-60 on the attack dog front when no one was even mentioning you. I was just complaining to Kanye West about this last night.

1 month later
#1404 6 years ago

Side art looks sick. Love that it's not mirrored, original on both sides, and the way they both integrate with the flipper buttons is a great touch.

#1595 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

PF art looks real generic.

What other pinball playfield does it look like? Because I can't think of one. Alice Cooper himself is on the backglass, and both sides of the cabinet, no one is ever going to be confused about it.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

I'm on the outside and not a part of it

If you are impatient for info, then go the shows. That's how it's always gonna be. These aren't big media operations by big companies, they're rolling up to a seminar in a hotel ballroom and showing what they've been doing.

There will be more video, with better sound and all the goodies. There always is. Just have to be a little patient.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1748 6 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Ok fair enough - let me guess.. you're there right?

Nope. Sitting at home. Practicing what I preach, there will be better looks later, it's fun to hear some first impressions, but I'm in no rush. Pre-orders aren't even open, relax.

#1753 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I would encourage all manufacturers to do this. Think of what Todd Tuckey's winning formula is:
1. Prepare a 10 minute video explaining the rules, and showing the shots of the game with the glass off.
2. Prepare a 15 minute video by playing a few games with glass on, and let people get a sense of the flow, sound, and stop-n-go of the game.
3. Show your game at a show. As soon as you are done with your speaking engagement...
4. Post the prepared videos.

Games aren't ready that far ahead of time. It's just not practical. It's a scramble to get them set for a show.

I get it, we're not at the show and missing out. But it's okay, information can spread some, we don't need to always know it all right away.

#1755 6 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The code was super bare bare bare bones. I bet the last minute switch to PROC didn’t help that.

This is a good thing really, with this news about Bowen. I would love to see him have an early impact on the code.

#1890 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

The castle plastics 100% remind me of the He-Man castle of Grayskull toy I had as a little kid

Hell yeah, stick the two halves of the sword together and stick them in that hole to unlock the drawbridge door.

4 weeks later
#2557 5 years ago

The ignore button is your friend, I’m just saying.

1 month later
#2949 5 years ago

I got to play ACNC this last weekend and chat with Charlie. I told him the thing I was the most impressed by was the LCD, and I don't mean that as some kind of back handed compliment, I was really impressed with how good it looks, better than anything Stern has done to date. The comic book thing they've got going on ACNC is really well done.

7 months later
#4848 5 years ago

Saw Bowen today at INDISC and talked a little Alice. Didn’t get a chance to flip it but this was a pretty cool photo to take I thought if you’re a fan of Spooky games. Not often you can see all 6 together.

C5DE142E-BC97-4ABB-9128-1FC7E6E5B236 (resized).jpegC5DE142E-BC97-4ABB-9128-1FC7E6E5B236 (resized).jpeg

2 months later
#5442 4 years ago

My rule of thumb is if I see "HOT TAKE!" I don't bother clicking. It's a pretty good sign that it's a waste of my time. Gonna stick with it on this one.

2 months later
#5618 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Im going with a little less Alice and a little more Nightmare Castle.[quoted image]

Going a little less hand drawn and a little more Photoshop layer effect? I mean, it’s your game ...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units?tu=Aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.