20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 114.
#4801 5 years ago

I think Spooky has committed to making games with great code when they brought Bowen on board. Based on his comments, it sounds like he is not only in charge of game rules, but is doing some coding himself.

The other thing to keep in mind is that TNA and Haunted House Party are Scott Danesi games which are programmed by Scott, so the Spooky games will have more time to have code developed by Bowen and Fawzma.

#4802 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

RZ literally just got a code update. AMH has fantastic code.

Beautiful! Happy to hear this.

#4803 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I've said it before but my biggest concern with a limited run, especially once sold out, is a question of continued software development. What ultimately will continue to drive the updates?

It's a proc system so worst case you can add more code yourself, correct ? Or is the source code protected somehow?

#4804 5 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

It's a proc system so worst case you can add more code yourself, correct ? Or is the source code protected somehow?

No you don’t get the source code from spooky ever. Their code is closed.

#4805 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

I think Spooky has committed to making games with great code when they brought Bowen on board. Based on his comments, it sounds like he is not only in charge of game rules, but is doing some coding himself.
The other thing to keep in mind is that TNA and Haunted House Party are Scott Danesi games which are programmed by Scott, so the Spooky games will have more time to have code developed by Bowen and Fawzma.

Bowen isn't an experienced coder, though. Perhaps he'll be great on rules, but however quickly he picks up coding (he only started to learn around the time of being hired), it'll be a steep learning curve, and I can't imagine he will speed anything up coding wise for quite some while.

Scott specifically said he wasn't doing code on HHP, at Expo, actually. He also said it was undecided if he'd do music, audio, lighting etc.

In a recent stream chat (about a week or 10 days ago), I asked him about that ... he said that he'd probably end up doing music, audio and lighting himself.

So unless something's changed, he's not doing code on HHP, though I'm sure pretty much everyone would like him to. His support of TNA has been absolutely stellar.

#4806 5 years ago

It's possible Scott is in the same burnout phase that caused me to turn down programming RZ. I probably would have stayed in better graces at Spooky had I done so, but I also would have gone crazy(er)

#4807 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's possible Scott is in the same burnout phase that caused me to turn down programming RZ. I probably would have stayed in better graces at Spooky had I done so, but I also would have gone crazy(er)

I don't blame Scott, or you for that matter. He has a full time job at Pinball Life, as well as developing a new title from scratch, as he did with TNA (where the only major thing he didn't do was art - but he still directed it). Coding on top of everything else almost necessarily means having no time for anything else, a lot of the time.

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Bowen isn't an experienced coder, though. Perhaps he'll be great on rules, but however quickly he picks up coding (he only started to learn around the time of being hired), it'll be a steep learning curve, and I can't imagine he will speed anything up coding wise for quite some while.
Scott specifically said he wasn't doing code on HHP, at Expo, actually. He also said it was undecided if he'd do music, audio, lighting etc.
In a recent stream chat (about a week or 10 days ago), I asked him about that ... he said that he'd probably end up doing music, audio and lighting himself.
So unless something's changed, he's not doing code on HHP, though I'm sure pretty much everyone would like him to. His support of TNA has been absolutely stellar.

I feel like there is no way Scott wouldn't do the music on this own game at least. Kind of a deal-breaker if he doesn't... (not a threat or anything).

#4809 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I feel like there is no way Scott wouldn't do the music on this own game at least. Kind of a deal-breaker if he doesn't... (not a threat or anything).

I wouldn't worry. Scott's expo talk seemed more like trolling than anything. A lot of it seemed very tongue and cheek.

#4810 5 years ago

Woohoo! According to the podcast they should be a dedicated ACNC shop starting next week.

#4811 5 years ago

Sweet! Cant wait for my ACNC

#4812 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sweet! Cant wait for my ACNC

Don’t sell yourself short. You CAN wait! Lol

#4813 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Don’t sell yourself short. You CAN wait! Lol

I will wait but if one showed up at my front door today I would squeal like a girl

#4814 5 years ago

This is going to be my first pinball machine - and the first machine i've played in years actually, since everywhere with anything arcade related moved years ago. Bit crazy, but I love Alice Cooper, and it's a beautiful machine. Total Nuclear looks great too, hope some opportunity close by comes up for me to test it out. Spooky is looking great

#4815 5 years ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

aunted House Party are Scott Danesi games

I've been somewhat confused on this, I thought it was decided by those in attendance that the "Haunted House Party" theme/title was just a bit of kidding around by Scott...like when he says his second game will have fourteen ramps or whatever...and that the actual theme/title is still on the down low.

Hopefully he does the entire thing again (code, music, lights) as TNA is nothing short of a pinball masterpiece.

Quoted from Crile1:

Woohoo! According to the podcast they should be a dedicated ACNC shop starting next week.

Great news!

#4816 5 years ago

Deadflip Instagram...Jan 12. It’s finally gonna happen. The next ACNC stream!

3255F558-4B00-4B4C-ABEA-24561D3E8AE1 (resized).png3255F558-4B00-4B4C-ABEA-24561D3E8AE1 (resized).png
#4817 5 years ago

Picked mine up yesterday!! Game is awesome! Jeremy (cavalier88z24) helped get it in the basement and set it up and we got a decent amount of plays on it . I have played (but not beaten)all the monster modes now . So far my favorite is insects GI lighting looks cool during this mode (greenish ) , I also like the song for this mode . objective is to squash ten bugs , bugs are the lit shots and they change as you hit them .

958D3BB2-DAFA-4395-8018-6DAE7A05332B (resized).jpeg958D3BB2-DAFA-4395-8018-6DAE7A05332B (resized).jpeg
#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Picked mine up yesterday!! Game is awesome! Jeremy (cavalier88z24) helped get it in the basement and set it up and we got a decent amount of plays on it . I have played (but not beaten)all the monster modes now . So far my favorite is insects GI lighting looks cool during this mode (greenish ) , I also like the song for this mode . objective is to squash ten bugs , bugs are the lit shots and they change as you hit them .
[quoted image]

Congrats! What number are you?

#4819 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

[quoted image]

yes, thank you Doug for having me help set up your game. finally having good one on one time with it. I can say what a blast! OMG I played it at MGC and honestly wasn't to crazy about it. but it was early.
I played it at pinball life open house and at expo. It felt great like I wanted to play it more but i was in a show/arcade type environment. I put 4 hours and 9 beers on it yesterday. NOW I want one.
The lighting is awsome, I could really hear the sound effects and call outs. sounds perfect. really takes you into the game. I like mode based games like TAF and TZ so this is right up my ally. the monster mode were tough for me to beat. but there fun. I need to play better.

great job spooky. those castle molds are from back ally creations correct? they look amazing in person. such detail. spooky knocked it out of the park with this one. Anybody want to trade there ACNC for my rob zombie

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Congrats! What number are you?

My game is number 10 . Later numbers have went out also . Looked like Spooky was getting very close to switch over to Alice Cooper and I think we’ll start seeing more of these delivered soon.Been playing the crap out of it today .It has come a long way since I first played at TPF . This was my best score so far .

D7A3F3DF-8CF6-4BBA-9EBA-7EC7820F71A9 (resized).jpegD7A3F3DF-8CF6-4BBA-9EBA-7EC7820F71A9 (resized).jpeg
#4821 5 years ago

Vampire is the easiest monster for me to defeat . Three hits on the stand up target on the upper playfield , then left and right orbits become jackpots .

#4822 5 years ago

Beautiful! Happy to see that we will get some relevant updates. Really looking forward to getting this beast and all of the monsters within.

#4823 5 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

yes, thank you Doug for having me help set up your game. finally having good one on one time with it. I can say what a blast! OMG I played it at MGC and honestly wasn't to crazy about it. but it was early.
I played it at pinball life open house and at expo. It felt great like I wanted to play it more but i was in a show/arcade type environment. I put 4 hours and 9 beers on it yesterday. NOW I want one.
The lighting is awsome, I could really hear the sound effects and call outs. sounds perfect. really takes you into the game. I like mode based games like TAF and TZ so this is right up my ally. the monster mode were tough for me to beat. but there fun. I need to play better.
great job spooky. those castle molds are from back ally creations correct? they look amazing in person. such detail. spooky knocked it out of the park with this one. Anybody want to trade there ACNC for my rob zombie

Nice to hear. 4 hours of play and 9 beers sounds like a good try out in initial home use play.

#4824 5 years ago

Playing some new code with revamped Werewolf mode.

9308967E-AB38-4761-A069-E0F95DA1EC8F (resized).jpeg9308967E-AB38-4761-A069-E0F95DA1EC8F (resized).jpegB0C1A025-EAEB-469F-9A2C-D0A70A6C0CCC (resized).jpegB0C1A025-EAEB-469F-9A2C-D0A70A6C0CCC (resized).jpeg
#4825 5 years ago

What does the little map thing mean on the display? (between free play and ball 5)

#4826 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

What does the little map thing mean on the display? (between free play and ball 5)

It’s a map of the castle rooms you’re navigating to find the monsters.

#4827 5 years ago

Ball 5. That rough?

#4828 5 years ago

Sold!

#4831 5 years ago

And just like that it’s sold.

#4832 5 years ago

I got #39 waiting for me and I ain't selling squat! At this point it's a race for my Munsters or ACNC to arrive first, game on! Excited for both but probably more so ACNC at this point.

#4833 5 years ago

Does AC come with stock translucent rubber as I've seen in some pictures?

#4834 5 years ago
Quoted from DrMark12PA:

Does AC come with stock translucent rubber as I've seen in some pictures?

Yes

#4835 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

It’s a map of the castle rooms you’re navigating to find the monsters.

I just wanted to expand upon this answer . Left orbit navigates to the left of that map , right orbit to the right . Here’s a pic of that map at the start of a ball I hit left orbit to start , it shows that my next shot can be either the left or right orbit to progress (both orbits also lit on playfield ) but If my next shot is left again my only option to progress would be right at that point , unless I open the secret passage . Secret passage is opened by hitting the stand up targets that change monster once you’ve already started a search for a monster , meaning you must first hit left or right orbit to start the search . Secret passage is three hits to those stand ups and then the inner orbit just to the right of the left ramp , secret passage takes you directly to the monster .

A416B8D0-69EE-4FE1-985F-9022DA6D8057 (resized).jpegA416B8D0-69EE-4FE1-985F-9022DA6D8057 (resized).jpeg
#4836 5 years ago

Here is another pic at the start of a ball, here I can only go left (or secret passage) to reach the monster . Red X is my location

1F66BD0F-0AD8-4556-B3B4-0E8ECB8E714B (resized).jpeg1F66BD0F-0AD8-4556-B3B4-0E8ECB8E714B (resized).jpeg
#4837 5 years ago

Insects mode , once you squash ten bugs you then battle the insect creature .

#4838 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Insects mode , once you squash ten bugs you then battle the insect creature .

Ripped his arms off myself yesterday!!! Fun mode.

#4839 5 years ago

Software is really progressing with modes and audio call outs. I really love Vampire mode. Song is the best and trying to get it up top and hit that target on the upper playfield is tons of fun. Here’s my high score on the new software.

490E13E0-DDDD-4C30-BC42-88B5B3368091 (resized).jpeg490E13E0-DDDD-4C30-BC42-88B5B3368091 (resized).jpeg
#4840 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

but I also would have gone crazy(er)

Not possible! You're already there.

Code is getting freaking fun in this game... and no, we don't want to burn Scott or anyone else out. Including me! We have 1 programmer per game on all games going forward, including ACNC and HHP. Game designer gets basic direction of course, Bowen is cutting his code teeth while he oversees EVERYTHING, and ... I don't wanna say more for now. Hehehee.

ACNC is the last game you'll ever see with code that raw again. It's getting to where it should be, TnA is 3 days from done, so let's crank out some ACNC games! Still much to do.

All this goodness just takes time, people, and $$$. We could have taken 10 short cuts to get where we are now faster, but glad we didn't.

Werewolf went from my least to absolute favorite mode this week in the entire game!!! I even had a perfect run, which inspired Bowen to give it a "health" bonus. You'll understand soon.

#4841 5 years ago

@Dead_Flip

No slowing down!

Tonight’s stream (Yes, Saturday stream) we’ll be heading to Scott Danesi’s house to stream @SpookyPinball’s Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle #pinball.

We will also be cutting our first playfield for the Dead Flip pinball Machine at the same time!

Stay tuned!

Via Twitter

#4842 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Werewolf went from my least to absolute favorite mode this week in the entire game!!! I even had a perfect run, which inspired Bowen to give it a "health" bonus. You'll understand soon.

The-A-Team (resized).jpgThe-A-Team (resized).jpg
#4843 5 years ago

Wow, game looks even more polished. Love it!

#4844 5 years ago

Game is coming along. Can’t wait for the new code drop. Good job Spooky team!!!

814981A6-A7CD-4BB5-9768-495E4D041CE2 (resized).jpeg814981A6-A7CD-4BB5-9768-495E4D041CE2 (resized).jpeg
#4845 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Game is coming along. Can’t wait for the new code drop. Good job Spooky team!!!
[quoted image]

Where did you get that topper?

#4846 5 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Where did you get that topper?

I can speak on this as I have one - LEGO Scooby Doo castle

I'd say a lot of people will be buying the McFarlane Alice Cooper as well.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4847 5 years ago

I have a thought for a topper, but would like to add a couple LEDs for lighting. One constant, the other going off with a certain monster. I’m used to SAM stern...which you just solder a piggyback to whatever flasher. What’s ACNC like. Is this possible, or not...to those who know.

#4848 5 years ago

Saw Bowen today at INDISC and talked a little Alice. Didn’t get a chance to flip it but this was a pretty cool photo to take I thought if you’re a fan of Spooky games. Not often you can see all 6 together.

C5DE142E-BC97-4ABB-9128-1FC7E6E5B236 (resized).jpegC5DE142E-BC97-4ABB-9128-1FC7E6E5B236 (resized).jpeg

#4849 5 years ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/362986375

Very good gameplay video with good banter between Jack and Scott...

#4850 5 years ago

Good video.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/97?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.