20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 114.
#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from dung:

Have a deposit on an RZ and have read thoroughly about the bugs. This problem is not just one spooky has. Stern is notorious for it as well. It doesn't seem to stop most from buying and we all play this game of will they won't they ever finish the game. Spooky did at least finish AMH if I read correctly.

True, Stern has the same problem...but if I'm Charlie my claim to fame should not be I do it like Stern. My own personal conjecture, Spooky lost a little momentum when Ben Heck departed, and it's been catchup ever since. Fawzma is a decent programmer from what I can tell, but RZ was his initiation into pinball so he is not as efficient and perhaps intuitive in pinball coding as those programmers that have been around awhile. And now that he's heavily burdened supporting all of Spooky's offerings I doubt he even has time to train another initiant. Spooky really needs to hire a seasoned p-roc guy or teach bowman to code

#4702 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

True, Stern has the same problem...but if I'm Charlie my claim to fame should not be I do it like Stern. My own personal conjecture, Spooky lost a little momentum when Ben Heck departed, and it's been catchup ever since. Fawzma is a decent programmer from what I can tell, but RZ was his initiation into pinball so he is not as efficient and perhaps intuitive in pinball coding as those programmers that have been around awhile. And now that he's heavily burdened supporting all of Spooky's offerings I doubt he even has time to train another initiant. Spooky really needs to hire a seasoned p-roc guy or teach bowman to code

I mean they have a seasoned P-Roc guy in Scott Danesi right?

#4703 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I mean they have a seasoned P-Roc guy in Scott Danesi right?

I don't know....do they? What is he working on? I don't mean that facetiously, I honestly don't know.

#4704 5 years ago

Scott Danesi did coding on TNA and has done all the updates for TNA . He is working on a second game for Spooky .

#4705 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I don't know....do they? What is he working on? I don't mean that facetiously, I honestly don't know.

He is working on his second game Haunted House Party.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/scott-danesi-2-haunted-house-party

#4706 5 years ago

Thanks guys....HHP is...interesting.

#4707 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

TBH as I sit at my development job, most of our time is spent learning how something works. There is certainly ramp up time, but often enough we don't have someone teach us much. A lot of the time we are told such and such application needs X feature, or there is a bug, go at it. You read the source code, you come to grips with it, you write a test that fails before your fix (if following TDD and management gives time) and then write the fix.

It's not rocket science. It can be slow at startup when getting to grips with a new code base and potentially multiple new to you technologies which can be cutting age, but more often than not archaic.

I'd be curious to see what they used for the boards and how well the code was written in the first place. Mind you not knocking Ben, but time constraints and changes mid stream can cause all sorts of headaches to support down the road.

#4708 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Bowen is in charge of the rules for ACNC - not Fawzma.
Give Fawzma a break - he’s been working his butt off on ACNC. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to switch to an entirely different platform between RZ and ACNC. Fawzma is quite talented and unlike Stern programmers - is approachable, pleasant and accommodating.

#4709 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Bowen is in charge of the rules for ACNC - not Fawzma.
Give Fawzma a break - he’s been working his butt off on ACNC. I’m sure it wasn’t easy to switch to an entirely different platform between RZ and ACNC. Fawzma is quite talented and unlike Stern programmers - is approachable, pleasant and accommodating.

Not knocking Fawzma at all....quite the contrary. I'm suggesting he could use some help.

#4710 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Not knocking Fawzma at all....quite the contrary. I'm suggesting he could use some help.

No doubt, the problem is that you cant bring someone in to finish RZ. In the time it would take to learn the pin heck system Fawzma could already do the update. Someone new would break more then they would fix. They could bring someone in to help with ACNC and future releases but the candidates are going to be few and far in between. I'm sure Charlie is already working on this. You cant just snap your finger and have a qualified P-ROC junior programmer appear though.

#4711 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

No doubt, the problem is that you cant bring someone in to finish RZ. In the time it would take to learn the pin heck system Fawzma could already due the update. Someone new would break more then they would fix. They could bring someone in to help with ACNC and future releases but the candidates are going to be few and far in between. I'm sure Charlie is already working on this. You cant just snap your finger and have a qualified P-ROC junior programmer appear though.

Do you know how hard it is to find even a good retail sales person. That works in climate control and just has to talk to people and ring stuff up. Low unemployment and a, I need it now mentality is screwed up on even customer service. Let, alone a skilled worker that could come. Close to fawzma.
He is not replaceable and it would take, time. To get anyone up to his speed. We will get a update.... Just give the small pinball company some time.
Magicchiz

#4712 5 years ago

I think it's safe to say that Benton, WI has the highest population of pinball professionals relative to it's population.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#4713 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Scott Danesi did coding on TNA and has done all the updates for TNA . He is working on a second game for Spooky .

Scott is also working on sound effects for ACNC.

#4714 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ah. greenhornet. The same psychological disposition. Not able to see how negative you are. Even if you aren’t greenhornet, it’s still construed by everyone else as negative and bashing. Please exit the thread...but you won’t, as I’ve said above, you won’t recognize how abrasive and negative you are.

Ahh .

#4715 5 years ago
20181214_164636 (resized).jpg20181214_164636 (resized).jpg
#4716 5 years ago

I am super excited to see how the code developes on this game. Some of the shots are tough, but very rewarding. I watched some of the stream from Pincincinatti. One observation that I had since I was there and played that same game, is that streams don't do it justice. Mainly because of the overhead flat viewing angle. Viewed from the players position it is gorgeous. The castle looks like a castle. LCD is perfect and lighting is fantastic. It is a he very definition of "world under glass."

#4717 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I am super excited to see how the code developes on this game. Some of the shots are tough, but very rewarding. I watched some of the stream from Pincincinatti. One observation that I had since I was there and played that same game, is that streams don't do it justice. Mainly because of the overhead flat viewing angle. Viewed from the players position it is gorgeous. The castle looks like a castle. LCD is perfect and lighting is fantastic. It is a he very definition of "world under glass."

Agreed. I really wanted to get good audio of the game on stream, and it still doesn’t do it justice. People just need to get out and find one. I really enjoyed playing this game. Spooky finally has my attention with this one. Never played AMH, and RZ just didn’t click ever.

TNA is amazing, but I’d really like to get into a spooky flagship title.

Can’t wait to play this some more.

#4718 5 years ago

@chuckwurt, hope you did not take offense at my comment. So glad you were able to get that game (and Charlie) to Pincincinatti and to stream it. Unfortunately, for most games with lots of toys and upper playfields, the overhead viewpoint only gives the 2D look. But, how else to show the whole game? Those who have tried other angles make it so you can't follow the game. I think you did a great job capturing the audio.

#4719 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

chuckwurt, hope you did not take offense at my comment. So glad you were able to get that game (and Charlie) to Pincincinatti and to stream it. Unfortunately, for most games with lots of toys and upper playfields, the overhead viewpoint only gives the 2D look. But, how else to show the whole game? Those who have tried other angles make it so you can't follow the game. I think you did a great job capturing the audio.

Oh no none taken. I’m very critical of my own streams and tend to be very OCD on the looks and sounds.

I’m in the process of beefing up my computer to handle more cameras and higher quality.

Because I agree, when a new game comes out, I’d love to have another view that shows off more of the player view than the top down. Hard to do though.

I don’t think it will ever get good enough to match the in person experience though.

#4720 5 years ago

I'm not here to say Spooky is perfect, far from it, but here is a fact: I have purchased four NIB pinball machines and ACDC Luci has had more issues than AMH, RZSSILE and TnA combined.

#4721 5 years ago

I'm sorry if I missed this. Is there a code update list here?

So I can share it please.

#4722 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Spooky really needs to hire a seasoned p-roc guy or teach bowman to code

I'm not sure who you're referring to, but I think it's me. I can definitely code.

To clarify: Fawzma is lead programmer on ACNC. I am the head of rules and programming for Spooky.

#4723 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Spooky really needs to hire a seasoned p-roc guy or teach bowman to code

Bowen Kerins, not Kevin Bowman

#4724 5 years ago

Yay. Patch notes released with latest code release on the website. So my requests for them to be published didn't fall on deaf ears.

1.0.6.9 18/12/2018

All modes, light colors updated for combos, modes, etc
All modes, main BG music could start when monster mode started
All modes, mode total animation process cleaned up.. should be faster
All modes, modes can only be played once
All modes, monsters reset in prep for wizard mode
All Modes, shaker support added'

Combos, mode select targets kill any progress
Combos, scoring updated
Combos, system updated

EOB, can break out of EOB bonus info early hitting both flippers
EOB, sfx added

Frenzy, frenzy light was overriding multiplier ready light
Frenzy, keeps its own score collected.. used for mode total

General, cleaned up count down timer routines. Could cause a crash if not handled properly
General, coils only fire once in attract and if start it pressed
General, collecting special award free game when not in free play
General, extra safety added to upper playfield drop target to reset on no activity
General, gameover will only pick from quotes that fit within the animation frame time
General, highscore/match order in which they are display was reversed
General, increased save ball grace to 4 seconds
General, left scoop light animation cleanup
General, left scoop scream was missing while out of monster mode
General, light priorities changed for combo/mode/frenzy
General, lightshow in attract no longer responds to flippers
General, loading screen has some variety
General, lower drop targets cleaned up logic so they reset only if they aren't in the correct position already
General, monster select lights are now off when in Frank mode
General, player 3 score moved to the left a bit
General, relabeled some switch names in switch test
General, remove old media not being used
General, removed "super" from special in menu system
General, removed GI from some lightshow sequences
General, removed GI from the left scoop in/out animations
General, room control forces lock servo to center position on magnet hold
General, room travel was prevented after an initial ball save
General, upper drop target safety reset timer was using a hard coded 1 second timer.. changed to 5 seconds
General, upper lanes were over riding the frenzy light and killing it
General, flippers were still enabled through end of ball
General, lane save switching now disabled during end of ball

Highscore, bug when replay played on ball 3 and ball ended. highscore screen needs to refresh
Highscore, launch button could cause game to "end"
Highscore, some internal changes to how it starts
Highscore, timeout was in debug mode

Hurryup, changed multisave to single save on ball save
Hurryup, crash fix, chance that text would update when it shouldn't
Hurryup, mode not totally disabled when mode total shows up
Hurryup, removed a redundant update display.. contributed to video slowdown
Hurryup, sfx changed from heart beat to Shepard tone

Mag-neato-o, removed the magnet save while in frank or crypt mode

Mystery award, award sfx now duck the music

Replay, now plays sfx immediately, used to be on a delay
Replay, video/sfx added

Secret passage, new music starts when ready

Servos, will now disengage after 1.5 seconds of last being used

Skillshot, while ball 3 gimme active, skillshot would respond when it shouldn't
Skillshot, false skillshot activation due to slow ball launch

Special, awards 25 million in free play
Special, menu setting updated with the 4 settings (Audit, Off, Points, Normal)

Systemstatus, disabled response to flipper holds for now since this isn't fleshed out yet. can cause a quick animation to clear off leaving a blank screen

Tilt, could cause crash when match animation started
Tilt, not handled properly when in crypt mode

Alice, frenzy shots added
Alice, mode lights were not updated properly after mode total
Alice, monster multiplier is now applied to scores

Crypt, animation lag reduced
Crypt, first lock starts new music
Crypt, removed lock swap
Crypt, removed multi save feature
Crypt, SFX volumes increased

Ethyl, frenzy shots are in. clearing all frenzy shots puts ethyl into the last stage for a super/triple jackpot.. rinse/repeat
Ethyl, hurryup added for end of mode
Ethyl, mode lights now ending properly
Ethyl, mode total added
Ethyl, now uses frenzy amount for hurryup value
Ethyl, removed lock swap
Ethyl, score animations and scoring added
Ethyl, when dropping in from balcony, you get a 5 second runoff to collect a double/triple/super jackpot instead of a normal jackpot

Frank, cleaned up internal lock count routine
Frank, lab lock should be blinking instead of the arrow
Frank, mode start has more "flash"
Frank, quick skip was still causing an extra ball to be ejected
Frank, removed multi save feature

Igor, left scoop light cleanup
Igor, while in hurryup mode switches/lights no longer respond

Insect, animation lag fix
Insect, frenzy shots open after big bug defeated
Insect, upper pf can be used to squash bugs

Pitcreature, left subway was not responding properly
Pitcreature, mode takes priority over crypt mode now
Pitcreature, needed to make pit create mode lights higher priority than crypt mode
Pitcreature, right scoop was incrementing the collect count if it was a valid shot or not
Pitcreature, won't show the not here animation if location already visited

Vampire, animation lag removed
Vampire, case typo in get to upper playfield text
Vampire, frenzy shots added
Vampire, GI wasn't being updating properly
Vampire, mode music could initiate twice
Vampire, removed "extra" jackpot animation after 3rd stake
Vampire, timer/stake count GUI cleaned up

Zombie, conflict with ball save would trigger a zombie shot

#4725 5 years ago

Walked into the pinball room at recbar tonight
and elbowed my best friend from grade school
and said holy shit they have an Alice Cooper!
Have watched tons of streams and read all the
threads and was super excited to get some time on it.
The audio was so clear and crisp and projected well
in a room with 60 other pins and it wasn't even cranked up.
Beautiful playfie!d and was able to start hitting some shots after
A few games. I really enjoyed p!aying it and a thank you to
Tony and the recbar for getting one.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4726 5 years ago

Anyone know roughly where they are at with shipping? My game is in the 70’s.

#4727 5 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

Walked into the pinball room at recbar tonight
and elbowed my best friend from grade school
and said holy shit they have an Alice Cooper!

Just got back from playing it on the way home. Unfortunately it is running really old code. If anyone knows the owner please urge them to update it. A totally different experience from the code I played a few weeks ago at Pincincinatti. New code is so awesome.

#4728 5 years ago

THE CODE IS RED LONG LIVE THE CODE

#4729 5 years ago

Anyone know if there’s a topper in the works anywhere?

#4730 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Anyone know if there’s a topper in the works anywhere?

I’d be interested. Any modders out there have any thoughts? Such a beautiful game would be great with a topper.

#4731 5 years ago

Was really hoping to get mine before Christmas but now I guess I'll hope for before Valentines Day. Come on Spooky!

#4732 5 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Was really hoping to get mine before Christmas but now I guess I'll hope for before Valentines Day. Come on Spooky!

What # are you? bemmett

#4733 5 years ago

I'm in the late 30s

#4734 5 years ago

Not related to the aforementioned topper question but I did purchase the McFarlane Alice Cooper figure (with Alice head, snake, and guillotine) in hopes I could place in the game somewhere. So many possibilities for toppers it will be interesting to see people come up with.

#4735 5 years ago

A little off topic, but has anyone heard the Nita Strauss album Controlled Chaos? I was surprised by how good it was. I knew she was a good guitar player but she’s really better than you can tell from just seeing her with AC. I highly recommend it if you’re a fan of good guitar shredding.

71A5E9F3-4442-4428-B1AE-7EA97D661BCE (resized).jpeg71A5E9F3-4442-4428-B1AE-7EA97D661BCE (resized).jpeg
#4736 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1545712928141 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1545712928141 (resized).jpg
#4737 5 years ago

Gotta work the Muppets into a pin somehow.

alice_cooper_2128583i (resized).jpgalice_cooper_2128583i (resized).jpg
#4738 5 years ago

At the risk of taking the thread off topic....

Recent post on Spooky FB page says production will "switch to nothing but Alice Cooper in a matter of days"

#4739 5 years ago

Saturday morning pinball stream coming in hot! Rudy is playing Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle with the latest code live from TILT: http://twitch.tv/buffalopinball

#4740 5 years ago
DFB5F0AA-C1D6-461A-A30A-6175B5291E6F.jpegDFB5F0AA-C1D6-461A-A30A-6175B5291E6F.jpeg
#4741 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

A little off topic, but has anyone heard the Nita Strauss album Controlled Chaos? I was surprised by how good it was. I knew she was a good guitar player but she’s really better than you can tell from just seeing her with AC. I highly recommend it if you’re a fan of good guitar shredding.
[quoted image]

Gave this a listen based on your recommendation. Amazing! She can really crank!

#4742 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

who is attack7777 and what is your point / take?

#4743 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

who is attack7777 and what is your point / take?

No clue who attack777 is. This was his post on the twitch feed.

#4744 5 years ago

Then what is the point of your post other than to incite? Give your opinions of the feed and your thoughts? Why is the biggest takeaway a random comment from someone you don’t know? What’s your point?

#4745 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Then what is the point of your post other than to incite? Give your opinions of the feed and your thoughts? Why is the biggest takeaway a random comment from someone you don’t know? What’s your point?

Chill . lancestorm

#4746 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Chill . lancestorm

You seem to do this all the time frankmac . I am starting to think your earlier post about owning one was disingenuous. If you don't like the game, that is cool. Please don't come in here trash a game that you don't plan to own. Other folks put there hard earned money on the game and didn't bail on ACNC.

#4747 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

You seem to do this all the time frankmac . I am starting to think your earlier post about owning one was disingenuous. If you don't like the game, that is cool. Please don't come in here trash a game that isn't in full production yet.

Not sure I trashed anything. Watch the stream, looks good.

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

So this is the thing you decide to post?

#4749 5 years ago

I’m chill , I would just like to know why you can’t voice your own opinion and the best you could think of was to snapshot a attack7777 post whom you don’t even know. Like what’s your point dude?

#4750 5 years ago

No need for me to explain myself .

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/95?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.