20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 114.
#4651 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

I am seriously thinking of bailing on this game ! I am number 58 I believe . the wait is simply too long for my taste . at one time I was told august then before the holidays ! any clue on what number they are on now anyone ??

Getting the game when the code is more developed will be a blessing. Patience will be rewarded!

#4652 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:we have purchased two different versions of maiden Deadpool pro and we just bought a beatles , and will be buying the munsters

What’s the name of your store? Sounds like a place that I’d like to come by if I’m in the area.

#4653 5 years ago

Does the code change the shot geometry?

#4654 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

nope, it already shoots really well, so once the code catches up it will be great!

#4655 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hi greenhornet

#4656 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It's cool that you still want to post in this thread frankmac, but constant negative posts are considered trolling.

I, for one of many, look forward to the day I unbox ACNC.

#4657 5 years ago

Huh? Doesn't his avatar look like, oh, a green hornet?

#4658 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

It's cool that you still want to post in this thread frankmac, but constant negative posts are considered trolling.

I also look forward to my day ownership of ACNC.

No trolling here. Yes, I sold my spot ! But will buy one at a discounted price!

#4659 5 years ago

No, not greenhornet ... frankmac here!!

#4660 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Negative? How are my post negative?

#4661 5 years ago

Ah. @greenhornet. The same psychological disposition. Not able to see how negative you are. Even if you aren’t @greenhornet, it’s still construed by everyone else as negative and bashing. Please exit the thread...but you won’t, as I’ve said above, you won’t recognize how abrasive and negative you are.

#4662 5 years ago

Some droopypants said a few pages ago, "you're buying cause the people, not for the pin"
Half assed correct. It's both. And that's what makes this pin so fuckin special.
Luv ya Spooky.

47318101_2071927809535102_2297201526424207360_o (resized).jpg47318101_2071927809535102_2297201526424207360_o (resized).jpg

#4663 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ah. greenhornet. The same psychological disposition. Not able to see how negative you are. Even if you aren’t greenhornet, it’s still construed by everyone else as negative and bashing. Please exit the thread...but you won’t, as I’ve said above, you won’t recognize how abrasive and negative you are.

I thought club threads are the threads where all opinions are not welcome. I like to hear stuff from owners and others as well. Isn't there also an ACNC owners club thread?

#4664 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ah. greenhornet. The same psychological disposition. Not able to see how negative you are. Even if you aren’t greenhornet, it’s still construed by everyone else as negative and bashing. Please exit the thread...but you won’t, as I’ve said above, you won’t recognize how abrasive and negative you are.

No not greenhornet that’s for sure.
I have had great experiences with Spooky pinball in the past.No bashing here.

#4665 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I thought club threads were the threads where all opinions are not welcome. I like to hear stuff from owners and others as well. Isn't there also an ACNC owners club thread?

I agree, but certain people have a way to compliment/backhand at the same time. After awhile, it gets abrasive. There’s a difference between constructive criticism and bashing. Some get this, others don’t. I think greenhornet is an ok person, but doesn’t recognize this nuance...just a personality difference. If it’s causing undo stress in a thread, why continue...unless they like the stress of others.

#4666 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I agree, but certain people have a way to compliment/backhand at the same time. After awhile, it gets abrasive. There’s a difference between constructive criticism and bashing. Some get this, others don’t. I think greenhornet is an ok person, but doesn’t recognize this nuance...just a personality difference. If it’s causing undo stress in a thread, why continue...unless they like the stress of others.

I guess I don't see the connection between someone's opinion and causing stress in others. This is an internet forum. Opinions are what make the discussion interesting. Blind love fests are not helpful in the long run either. Not talking about broken record trolling, but constructive viewpoints.

#4667 5 years ago

TPF with Scott.. TNA is spectacular.
Spooky has always done right buy me.
One day ACNC will be at my fingertips also.

6BD3942D-8080-43B8-A963-DD06A3CD069E (resized).jpeg6BD3942D-8080-43B8-A963-DD06A3CD069E (resized).jpeg
#4668 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

TPF with Scott.. TNA is spectacular.
Spooky has always done right buy me.
One day ACNC will be at my fingertips also.
[quoted image]

Ok. I’ll admit I’m wrong in this case. If you’re willing to identify yourself with a picture...it becomes a real discussion and not some guy/gal behind a keyboard. frankmac you have my respect. Sorry for the slam.

#4669 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok. I’ll admit I’m wrong in this case. If you’re willing to identify yourself with a picture...it becomes a real discussion and not some guy/gal behind a keyboard. frankmac you have my respect. Sorry for the slam.

That’s me!

#4670 5 years ago

I totally get where yer comin from Frank. I've only bought one nib...Maiden. Why would ya? Buying new machines is like buying new anything to me....why? After Maiden I vowed never again. BUT...
I figure if you HAVE to buy new, wouldn't you want to go to a show, meet these people, talk to em a bit maybe have a beer or two, and pet their dog?
I like my Sterns. A LOT.
But I love Spooky.
Maybe he's right (he's not). Maybe I am buyin this one because of the people.

#4671 5 years ago

I love the people (spooky), Alice, and the theme (love the comic book style), I look forward to what is coming. I’m also looking at all the others. Oktoberfest will be on the horizon. This is a good time for pinball!

#4672 5 years ago

I just played several games and I feel a little guilty to have one so early.

This game is SO MUCH FUN.

#4673 5 years ago

After watching you guys troll frankmac into having to defend himself -- I think the very relevant and fair question to ask is:

Where does Charlie want people to leave honest feedback (of...all...types...) about Spooky pins here on Pinside? If not in this thread, then where...

-mof

#4674 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

After watching you guys troll frankmac into having to defend himself -- I think the very relevant and fair question to ask is:
Where does Charlie want people to leave honest feedback (of...all...types...) about Spooky pins here on Pinside? If not in this thread, then where...
-mof

It's not that you can't leave honest opinions. It's just that some folks leave the same negative opinion over and over again. It gets old when everytime a new comment is made, some folks feel they have to leave that same negative thought. So, it is hard not to perceive that as "trolling." But I get it. I made a comment that I thought was fairly neutral in the Beatles thread (not the owner's thread) and got attacked by the Stern faithful. I think this is a pretty good crowd compared to a Stern or JJP thread.

#4675 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

This is that thread, and in this case largely pre-sales and committed sales. As a committed buyer, I've shared thoughts and opinion and have received some support and of course the negative and what I believe to be, the unnecessary goings on and on in full-defense-mode. I remain now mostly a viewer in this thread

I agree that the Club thread is for those that own the pin and share within that thread. That can also be positive or negative but it should be from owners.

#4676 5 years ago
Quoted from mof:

-mof

I email him.

He is extremely responsive and listens. he may kindly say thanks and ignore you, but he for sure listens and makes adjustments. He has done so on every single game and continues to get better at it.

#4677 5 years ago

I've been an ardent supporter of Spooky in the past...bought both AMH and RZLE NIB...was early adopters of both. I've voiced my concerns in this thread before about ACNC...the two main ones being the voice quality of the callouts, and the lack of a quality game video even to this date. For the opinions I was called a troll and even received threatening PMs from one of the more avid supporters of the game. I really wanted to like ACNC...my entire lineup of 12 games is horror related, save ACDC. I still may buy one, but I sat the Preorder out this time. I think both RZ and ACNC have suffered from an over commitment to orders with not enough technical support. It's a good position to be in for a growing company, but it has soured my enthusiasm right now for Spooky. I hope ACNC becomes a slam dunk and I'll eventually buy one.

#4678 5 years ago

I don’t have a problem with anyone voicing criticism as long as they’re upfront about it and don’t try to hide behind words and deny what they’re doing.

Quoted from frankmac:

Quoted from frankmac:

Negative? How are my post negative?

This is the kind of passive agressive B.S. that I don’t care for. If you don’t like the shot geometry just come out and say it, I’m okay with that. But don’t imply that there’s something wrong with it and then deny that you said anything negative.

#4679 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I think both RZ and ACNC have suffered from an over commitment to orders with not enough technical support.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.

#4680 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I don’t have a problem with anyone voicing criticism as long as they’re upfront about it and don’t try to hide behind words and deny what they’re doing.

This is the kind of passive agressive B.S. that I don’t care for. If you don’t like the shot geometry just come out and say it, I’m okay with that. But don’t imply that there’s something wrong with it and then deny that you said anything negative.

Donate to pinside your heart is a little Grey @budmanpinfan

Also @budmanpinfan

Article 19 states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers"[1]

#4681 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this statement.

RZ is still suffering from bugs known over a year ago, and we've been promised corrections for that length of time, but their only programmer was moved to TNA. Then ACNC was announced and once again priorities shifted to supporting that code. Meanwhile, original promised features in RZ have yet to be implemented. I understand that's what Spooky has had to do because of limited resources, but it's their fault that they haven't developed more programming resources to spread the responsibilities. It's been discussed ad nausea in the RZ thread. What I fear is this affect is cumulative. When the next title is announced, then ACNC and RZ get pushed down the queue. Then all the new ACNC owners will potentially be unhappy. I don't want to see this happen to Spooky as a company. It's a model where you're always chasing the new sale without supporting the previous ones, and eventually it catches up to you.

#4682 5 years ago

Gotcha @robertmee. I hope not as well. What makes me a little more hopeful about ACNC is that because of TNA and a parts delay, looks like ACNC code will be more fully developed once main production is underway. Also, ACNC and TNA are on PROC vs Heck's boards. That may make coding and updating easier (not sure, just guessing). Finally, there will be more ACNC owners out there vs RZ just because of run numbers, so probably more likely to be better supported. All that said, sorry the RZ folks are not getting all the code support they were wanting. If I had to guess, this is weighing on Charlie because I truly believe he cares deeply about people liking his games. Just watching him stare intently while folks played ACNC at Pincincinatti told me that. Also, remember that it is only in the last 3 to 6 months that Stern has finally updated some old unfinished code...and they have been doing this for over 30 yrs.

#4683 5 years ago

I agree Charlie is very observant. I caused some sort of ball lock to occur at Pincinnati, and Charlie was quick to record it on his phone to take back to development.

#4684 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Donate to pinside your heart is a little Grey @budmanpinfan
Also @budmanpinfan
Article 19 states that "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers"[1]

Freedom of expression and freedom of speech only protect you from governments. This is a private internet forum, you are saying things people disagree with, and they are expressing to you their displeasure.

#4685 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

Freedom of expression and freedom of speech only protect you from governments. This is a private internet forum, you are saying things people disagree with, and they are expressing to you their displeasure.

Same here. All good!!

#4686 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Same here. All good!!

I think was bothers people is it's hard to see what your purpose is other then to needle people and passive aggressively bash the game. If you hate it, that's cool, state what you dont like. Otherwise it just comes across as trolling. There are lots of games I dont like, I'm not in threads about them because i dont care about them and really have nothing to add.

#4687 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I think was bothers people is it's hard to see what your purpose is other then the needle people and passive aggressively bash the game. If you hate it, that's cool, state what you dont like. Otherwise it just comes across as trolling. There are lots of games I dont like, I'm not in threads about them because i dont care about them and really have nothing to add.

Don’t hate it. I hope it finishes off wonderful so I can add it to my collection..

So technically I will be purchasing one just like everybody else that’s bitching at me .

#4688 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Don’t hate it. I hope it finishes off wonderful so I can add it to my collection..
So technically I will be purchasing one just like everybody else that’s bitching at me .

Why would you purchase a game that you think has poor shot geometry and that you don't like how it shoots? That makes no sense.

#4689 5 years ago

So as a future owner I will stay in this thread .

Just like everyone else .

I don’t fall in love and get married to the pins ... I play them and If don’t like them I get rid of them.

I will own a ACNC at some point . If it doesn’t work out I will get rid of it .

I have had plenty of pins in the past that I have not liked. I just get rid of them Someone else ends up with a wonderful pin at a discounted price.

#4690 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Why would you purchase a game that you think has poor shot geometry and that you don't like how it shoots? That makes no sense.

Because I can.

Why do you care so much .

#4691 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Because I can.
Why do you care so much .

I don't, just trying to wrap my head around your logic.

#4692 5 years ago

It's all good. Not every game is for everyone.

#4693 5 years ago

Frankmac "This game sucks! It sucks so much I can't help but repeat myself over and over again! I can't wait to buy it!"

#4694 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Frankmac "This game sucks! It sucks so much I can't help but repeat myself over and over again! I can't wait to buy it!"

Now your on to something!
Nobody lives forever .Buy some pins sell some pins . Sell some pins buy some pins.

snakesnsparklers

#4695 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

everybody else that’s bitching at me .

This is where the problem lies. ALL OF US are the problem guys

#4696 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Quoted from lancestorm:

No not all. But there are a few hard ass.

#4697 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

RZ is still suffering from bugs known over a year ago, and we've been promised corrections for that length of time, but their only programmer was moved to TNA. Then ACNC was announced and once again priorities shifted to supporting that code. Meanwhile, original promised features in RZ have yet to be implemented. I understand that's what Spooky has had to do because of limited resources, but it's their fault that they haven't developed more programming resources to spread the responsibilities. It's been discussed ad nausea in the RZ thread. What I fear is this affect is cumulative. When the next title is announced, then ACNC and RZ get pushed down the queue. Then all the new ACNC owners will potentially be unhappy. I don't want to see this happen to Spooky as a company. It's a model where you're always chasing the new sale without supporting the previous ones, and eventually it catches up to you.

Have a deposit on an RZ and have read thoroughly about the bugs. This problem is not just one spooky has. Stern is notorious for it as well. It doesn't seem to stop most from buying and we all play this game of will they won't they ever finish the game. Spooky did at least finish AMH if I read correctly.

#4698 5 years ago

AMH still has bugs.

#4699 5 years ago
Quoted from leaffan67:

AMH still has bugs.

Yes it has a scoring bug on multi player. The other bugs are quirks

#4700 5 years ago

Glad to see everybody getting along in this thread. Thanks for making your position a bit clearer frankmac .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 300.00
$ 210.00
$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/94?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.