20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.
#4551 5 years ago

Thanks bohica , i'm not crazy
Charly, why have you removed these great sounds in the new code version ?
Thanks for job spooky

#4552 5 years ago

Anyone know what number they are on? Excited to get some ACNC in the mix

#4553 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyone looking to join the party immediately?

sale pending, that went quick. It was #2.

Sale Pending!Alice Cooper's Nightmare CastleNew!Routed - fresh off route “Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle. Lightly routed for the past 3 months, cleaned regularly. Nothing wrong whatsoever - it plays and looks fabulous! (pictures taken while the sun was ...”
21 hours ago Madison, WI 6,500 (OBO)
u2sean

#4554 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmjmm2006:

Anyone know what number they are on? Excited to get some ACNC in the mix

20ish shipped, I think.

#4556 5 years ago

ACNC coming to Morgantown?

#4557 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

ACNC coming to Morgantown?

Of course!

#4558 5 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!

B3ZBGSwCIAAOtXN (resized).jpgB3ZBGSwCIAAOtXN (resized).jpg
#4559 5 years ago

Any official updates on production status, both standard and buttered runs?

Trying to book some holidays, it would be helpful to know if we are 'close' or 'way off'.

#4561 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Any official updates on production status, both standard and buttered runs?
Trying to book some holidays, it would be helpful to know if we are 'close' or 'way off'.

Why don't you just call or email them?

#4562 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Why don't you just call or email them?

Sounds logical but when I have tried in the past (had a few questions, emails and posts) I have not been given any appreciable detail. It also seemed like I was being a pain in the ass. Not a nice feeling to have when spending $13K (yes that's Canadian but $1 is still $1 no matter where you live).

Not interested in 'starting' anything just curious to know where we are in the queue and have an approximate ETA so that it isn't sitting in a cold warehouse, if I can help it. Sad that I have anxiety about asking a fairly straight forward question. I won't likely be jumping in so early on pins in the future.

#4563 5 years ago

Can we just realize that Spooky isn't Stern already?! Spooky is a mom and pop boutique pinball manufacturer... Family owned and operated. Small company in a small town. If you didn't know you were in for a wait then you should've done your homework. They're making games at a pace they are comfortable with. Would you rather they buy a huge manufacturing facility with millions in parts, and follow the path of Heighway? I'd rather buy something unique from a company I can trust with my deposit, and one I know that has fantastic, prompt customer service. Rant over.

#4564 5 years ago

Actually, I’m good with the wait. I know Spooky isn’t rushing something just to make a buck. I have full faith that in a year I’ll have one of the most beautiful, quality, fun to play pins I have seen. Can’t wait!...well, yes I can. In the mean time, I’m getting other pin stuff going...this is such an addicting hobby.

#4565 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

Can we just realize that Spooky isn't Stern already?! Spooky is a mom and pop boutique pinball manufacturer... Family owned and operated. Small company in a small town. If you didn't know you were in for a wait then you should've done your homework. They're making games at a pace they are comfortable with. Would you rather they buy a huge manufacturing facility with millions in parts, and follow the path of Heighway? I'd rather buy something unique from a company I can trust with my deposit, and one I know that has fantastic, prompt customer service. Rant over.

I'm sorry, who are you? Stern, Heighway, don't get it, I have no idea what you're ranting about. It is precisely the small businesses that are nimble, typically approachable, and responsive. I like the title and what we have seen in the game so we have chosen to buy and in turn are supporting a mom and pop shop.

You say that I should have done my homework, on what exactly? I am not rushing anyone. I have simply asked if anyone had heard as to where production queues were at, I even said why. That said, you seem to be defending Spooky, which is not warranted based on my inquiry.

Maybe you can go back and do your homework on me and my posts in this thread, and review my emails, before spewing your nonrelevant, useless anecdotes.

However, since you've opened that door, you also speak of fantastic, prompt customer service. Are you referring to pre or post sales? Someone asked why I don't just ask them about the queue directly. I have reached out a few times or have posted with different questions and as mentioned, the responses, contained little substance or it seemed like I was an annoyance. Exactly how is that fantastic, prompt customer service? And that is for a committed customer, product is sold.

I couldn't care less if we are 64 days out, it isn't rocket science, but there certainly are a lot of people here that get all up in arms about someone asking questions FFS. So quite frankly, you can stick your rant.

#4566 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm sorry, who are you? Stern, Heighway, don't get it, I have no idea what you're ranting about. It is precisely the small businesses that are nimble, typically approachable, and responsive. I like the title and what we have seen in the game so we have chosen to buy and in turn are supporting a mom and pop shop.
You say that I should have done my homework, on what exactly? I am not rushing anyone. I have simply asked if anyone had heard as to where production queues were at, I even said why. That said, you seem to be defending Spooky, which is not warranted based on my inquiry.
Maybe you can go back and do your homework on me and my posts in this thread, and review my emails, before spewing your nonrelevant, useless anecdotes.
However, since you've opened that door, you also speak of fantastic, prompt customer service. Are you referring to pre or post sales? Someone asked why I don't just ask them about the queue directly. I have reached out a few times or have posted with different questions and as mentioned, the responses, contained little substance or it seemed like I was an annoyance. Exactly how is that fantastic, prompt customer service? And that is for a committed customer, product is sold.
I couldn't care less if we are 64 days out, it isn't rocket science, but there certainly are a lot of people here that get all up in arms about someone asking questions FFS. So quite frankly, you can stick your rant.

You’re not happy. Jump out. There’s a lot of options. Speak with your dollars, don’t complain. Just jump out.

#4567 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

You’re not happy. Jump out. There’s a lot of options. Speak with your dollars, don’t complain. Just jump out.

Not always easy to jump out.

On this pin you take a hit in the pocket to sell your spot.

Even low numbers take the hit.

#4568 5 years ago

Just call and annoy them, I don’t understand why that’s a big deal? I call people all day I order stuff from to find out where my stuffs at...

#4569 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I'm sorry, who are you?

I'm the guy who just took ten minutes of your life that you're never getting back! Take a deep breath... It's pinball ffs.

#4570 5 years ago
Quoted from megalo17:

I'm the guy who just took ten minutes of your life that you're never getting back! Take a deep breath... It's pinball ffs.

Couldn't have said it better.

...it likely took 20 to put that together and the whole 'stick it' thing was uncalled for; (deep breath taken)

SpookyKT contacted me about a half hour ago. It was kind of her and appreciated on a holiday weekend! [Thanks again!]

#4571 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Not a nice feeling to have when spending $13K (yes that's Canadian but $1 is still $1 no matter where you live).

Wat. They're not equivalent, and the C$ was last pegged to the US$ 40-50 years ago.

#4572 5 years ago

Hey Guys,
I am just as excited to get my game. I am under #25. Although I am a butter cab and know that they do special runs of them. I figure I am in the first run whenever it happens.
Everyone needs to take into consideration that there are holidays here in the 4th quarter. There could be other marketing and business trips that are going on that no one even knows about. Hell they could be delivering and setting up Alice's pin for him. He is not on tour until next year. If they are, they better take some pictures. "I want to see". hint, hint
Plus you have the fact that TNA is wrapping up. I don't know how close they are, but it would make since to blow through them and get them out of the way.
I am sure having two things going at once is a pain.
I for one am of the mindset that I expect the worst and hope for the best. That way I am not disappointed if things don't happen the way I want them to. Alas I am not in control. It does no one any good to be bugging Spooky. Would you want to yell at the cook if you knew he still had to make you your food? Don't think so!
So I for one just figure mine will come early next year and if something else happens then swell! The good news is we know Spooky is not going anywhere and they will come thru for us and deliver us a game. It may take them a while, but you will get your game.
Just my two cents.
Now how about some more Alice pictures!, Just kidding calm down!
Magicchiz

#4573 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Hey Guys,
I am just as excited to get my game. I am under #25. Although I am a butter cab and know that they do special runs of them. I figure I am in the first run whenever it happens.
Everyone needs to take into consideration that there are holidays here in the 4th quarter. There could be other marketing and business trips that are going on that no one even knows about. Hell they could be delivering and setting up Alice's pin for him. He is not on tour until next year. If they are, they better take some pictures. "I want to see". hint, hint
Plus you have the fact that TNA is wrapping up. I don't know how close they are, but it would make since to blow through them and get them out of the way.
I am sure having two things going at once is a pain.
I for one am of the mindset that I expect the worst and hope for the best. That way I am not disappointed if things don't happen the way I want them to. Alas I am not in control. It does no one any good to be bugging Spooky. Would you want to yell at the cook if you knew he still had to make you your food? Don't think so!
So I for one just figure mine will come early next year and if something else happens then swell! The good news is we know Spooky is not going anywhere and they will come thru for us and deliver us a game. It may take them a while, but you will get your game.
Just my two cents.
Now how about some more Alice pictures!, Just kidding calm down!
Magicchiz

What’s the word about butter cabinets? Do ACNC butter cabinets get prebuilt in one batch and then the games get created when they come up in order?

#4574 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s the word about butter cabinets? Do ACNC butter cabinets get prebuilt in one batch and then the games get created when they come up in order?

Yes. Since the butter cabinets take longer to print and assemble, they are done in batches. When a batch of cabinets (i am not sure how many is a batch) is ready, then the games are assembled in order. since butter cabinets are not as common as the regular cabinets you might have a guy with butter 12, and the next one might be butter 52, then 97 and so on. It can make it seem that games are being built out of order, but this is how it is most efficient to do.

#4575 5 years ago

I'd guess they get 10 butters done at a time. I'd imagine that there'll be 50-60 butters, total.

#4576 5 years ago

I really wish I could afford to get the butter cabinet. They are beautiful. It just doesn't fit in m budget.....man, I can't wait to unbox mine when it gets here.

#4577 5 years ago

Spooky is perhaps the most ethical pinball company I have ever dealt with. I absolutely trust they will deliver on ACNC. Just give them a little breathing room and they will deliver a splendid game.

#4578 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Beware the Spooky defenders. If you post something even remotely critical they may pounce.

Per Charlie production for this pin began in June, almost 6 months ago. If they are have only shipped 20-ish so far then they are way behind all reasonable expectations.

"Have you not realized Spooky isn't Stern already? You should have done your homework." What a silly remark from Magalo. 20 units in 6 months and he mocks this guy for requesting a production update.

I sold spot #62 after playing this game in May and I thought for sure my buyers would've gotten his game by now. I feel bad that they haven't.

#4579 5 years ago

A company where you buy because you like the people, not the pin.
That is what I am getting out of it after following the threads here on pinside.

#4580 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Beware the Spooky defenders. If you post something even remotely critical they may pounce.
Per Charlie production for this pin began in June, almost 6 months ago. If they are have only shipped 20-ish so far then they are way behind all reasonable expectations.
"Have you not realized Spooky isn't Stern already? You should have done your homework." What a stupid remark.

He also has TNA's to try to pump out before moving them to line 1 and AC to line 2 and eventually AC to both lines. There was an issue with a ramp not coming out properly, and probably a few other smaller things that have all been mentioned. I don't think that anyone questioning the production pace is wrong, but they (Spooky) don't have to stomp on the gas pedal either. I can't remember it right now, but Charlie has said that he fully intends to get all ACs out by the deadline they had said. Hopefully they are able to do that, because they have a very strong history of doing what they set out to.

I don't have one that I'm waiting for, so this is easier for me, but TNA's keep getting delivered (check out that thread) so it's not like they aren't doing ANYTHING in Benton.

#4581 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

"Have you not realized Spooky isn't Stern already? You should have done your homework." What a silly remark from Magalo. 20 units in 6 months and he mocks this guy for requesting a production update.
I sold spot #62 after playing this game in May and I thought for sure my buyers would've gotten his game by now. I feel bad that they haven't.

I agree they are behind on the original production estimates and a little more communication about what is causing the holdup would be nice. It’s not exactly unheard of for there to be a production delay in pinball. I know I’ll be getting mine eventually but I have a high number and always knew it would be sometime next year. I understand why people who had low numbers and expected to have theirs already would be getting upset.

#4582 5 years ago

Patience people... yes, we are behind on Alice while we tune up code, assembly, etc etc. We said 18 months to complete the whole run, and we're still on track for that.

We haven't been sitting around, we've been increasing production on TnA to clear them out as quick as possible. We'll be wrapping up all 550 of the initial run of TnA inside of 8 weeks, which means we will be building NOTHING but Alice the day those are finished.

We aren't stopping Alice for this, we are just trickling them out and polishing every damn thing we possibly can so we have the best game possible once they are out there. Still shipping some every week. Example, we TODAY finally got a code assist to protect the motors in the game so that even in the worst case situation, they will shut down and not hurt themselves. We've been on that particular hurdle for 3 years!

The game is getting more attention, code, sounds, effects, etc etc etc every day... it's getting play tested more than any game we've ever done... YOU'RE GOING TO GET A BETTER GAME FOR ALL THIS EFFORT!!!

We just cleared another Alice, and it's going in the car right now to take to Pincinnati tomorrow for the show (big thanks to the customer for letting us use his game!) Come see us, play the game, and say hello!

#4583 5 years ago

One more thing... we put 439 games out the door last year, and we are at 475 this year already! So once you take TnA out of the way (almost there), you see that Alice will be done in the 18 months we hoped for. Yes, the start was slow, but the finish will be on time (and more importantly, DONE RIGHT!)

2018 was our biggest year ever, and we've already got HUGE plans for 2019!

Be good to each other, and thanks everyone for the patience and support.

#4584 5 years ago

Can someone get a decent game play video at pincinnati?

#4585 5 years ago

Was happy to wait for my TnA, well worth the wait! More than happy to wait for ACNC. Good things can’t be rushed

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

...YOU'RE GOING TO GET A BETTER GAME FOR ALL THIS EFFORT!!!

I have no doubts, thanks Charlie!

And I’ve waited years for code updates from Stern so this isn’t so bad!

#4587 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

One more thing... we put 439 games out the door last year, and we are at 475 this year already! So once you take TnA out of the way (almost there), you see that Alice will be done in the 18 months we hoped for. Yes, the start was slow, but the finish will be on time (and more importantly, DONE RIGHT!)
2018 was our biggest year ever, and we've already got HUGE plans for 2019!
Be good to each other, and thanks everyone for the patience and support.

Request again that when you put out the next publicly available code update for ACNC, include patch notes, so we can see how it's developing.

#4588 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

A company where you buy because you like the people, not the pin.
That is what I am getting out of it after following the threads here on pinside.

ACNC is pretty darn fun and really unique compared to other games. I think once they get the callouts and code in people are going to be surprised at how good it is. So I think for ACNC you can buy because you like the people and the pin.

#4589 5 years ago

Can someone at Pincinatti please post a game play video with good sound?

#4590 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Why would you want new video?

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

The SDTM Guys said they would be streaming Alice tonight. Looking forward to that.

#4592 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

The SDTM Guys said they would be streaming Alice tonight. Looking forward to that.

Are they posting straight to YouTube or is there a link somewhere?

#4593 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are they posting straight to YouTube or is there a link somewhere?

It should be on twitch.

#4594 5 years ago

Played this game several times over the last two days at Pincincinatti. I also played JJPOTC, Houdini, Deadpool LE, and Monster Bash remake. ACNC beats them all. Absolutely the most beautiful of them all. Sounds, callouts, music, and PLOT make this a winner. I got immersed exploring the castle. Two multiballs are available at all times as well. The shots are tough at first, but by game 3 had them down. But the tough shots make it so much more rewarding. Everything worked perfect and guillotine was awesome. Magnetic ball save flung the ball back up into play. Light show and sound effects were incredible. My 13 year old son even made the shots and defeated a monster! Sorry, I'm going on and on, but just wanted to put a positive review out there. My son ranked it above JJPOTC and Dialed In! That is high praise indeed...and he hadn't heard of Alice Cooper until a couple of months ago.

#4595 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Played this game several times over the last two days at Pincincinatti. I also played JJPOTC, Houdini, Deadpool LE, and Monster Bash remake. ACNC beats them all. Absolutely the most beautiful of them all. Sounds, callouts, music, and PLOT make this a winner. I got immersed exploring the castle. Two multiballs are available at all times as well. The shots are tough at first, but by game 3 had them down. But the tough shots make it so much more rewarding. Everything worked perfect and guillotine was awesome. Magnetic ball save flung the ball back up into play. Light show and sound effects were incredible. My 13 year old son even made the shots and defeated a monster! Sorry, I'm going on and on, but just wanted to put a positive review out there. My son ranked it above JJPOTC and Dialed In! That is high praise indeed...and he hadn't heard of Alice Cooper until a couple of months ago.

So stoked to be in. I will love this pin. Very limited number, incredible art package, video package, and play. To those who poo poo it...they will lose out. Am I a fan of the family of Spooky? Yep. They are a decent, trusted family. Yes, they need/want to make money, but they truly love pinball. Can’t wait...well, yes I can. So worth it.

#4596 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Also played on Oktoberfest?

#4597 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Also played on Oktoberfest?

Sorry, I have absolutely no interest in that game. So didn't play it. Just not a theme I am interested in. Nothing against the game or company. Just not for me. Also, I am definitely not trying to put down JJP. As a WOZ and Hobbit owner I love thier stuff. It's just that ACNC has that "magic". I was literally shaking with excitement after my game where I reached 3 monsters including chopping off Alice's head. Didn't hurt that I had my son and Charlie cheering me on.

#4598 5 years ago

Wow... that was a bit humbling... thank you so much!

We have put more into this than anyone will ever know, and I promise it will be worth the wait.

Time to head downstairs for the show! Can't thank everyone who took the time this weekend to play the game, and thrilled by the kind comments and praise it's gotten here in Cincinnati.

Life is good...

#4600 5 years ago

In the footage from SDTM it still looks very early to me, though I suppose that should not be surprising if they're still working heavily on system code (or were until recently) as Charlie seemed to imply.

A lot of lit shots still don't result in any response from the game's display, audio or lights, or do but don't link up very well - it's pretty disjointed. Alice is now very talkative (that is a change), but I'm not sure that's a great thing given the at best mixed feedback on his voice work. Especially as some of the callouts are needlessly long winded - "You hit the skillshot" instead of "Skillshot!" - and therefore often tend to run in to each other. Timing or staging of audio effects, which do sound good, seem like they need a lot of work still.

What is there on the display looks great, but it doesn't seem like that much progress has been made.

Also seemed like a lot of good hits to lit shots during modes weren't getting any response from the game at times. So quite buggy.

First signs of the RGB GI and inserts are now in, but quite limited. They should completely change the look of the game once properly implemented - imagine TNA without all that.

Still seems like there's not really much outside of the main dungeon crawl (modes) and two multiballs.

All the players are still struggling to control the ball on the upper pf by the look of it. However the spinner issues and balls dribbling out of the secret passage seem to mostly be a thing of the past, which is a relief.

From what I'm seeing, it's quite similar to early BM'66 at the moment, in that it's going to take a while before we see where the game is headed. BM'66 was a clunkfest with mostly absent game code and media. BM'66 is still a bit clunky now, but does have excellent game code and media integration. It just took considerable time to get there. Hopefully that'll eventually be the case for Alice. If they're over the bulk of system code work now, I'd guess it'll still be another 3-6 months before we really get an idea of how good the game is likely to be.

I remain unworried as my spot is one of the latter machines, and this is somewhat expected, but it probably is a bit disappointing for the people with early spots who may have had different expectations.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
$ 300.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/92?hl=datschwandt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.