20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 114.
#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seriously you may want to get in to the doc and have things checked out. It sounds like your eyes are not properly adjusting to the darkness of the game room with only 1 game on.
Cone cells take around ten minutes to adjust to darkness. Go in your game room, chill and appreciate the glory of the machine and then fire it up. If you still think the game is too dark then honestly, get into the doc! Many eye issues if caught can be dealt with. As we age, the eye will start to have issues so regular check ups are important.

I'll get them checked. Better spread this public service announcement around pinside though as it seems all of are going blind but you and RD.

Whysnow, saving eyesight one pinsider at a time.

#4502 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

I'll get them checked. Better spread this public service announcement around pinside though as it seems all of are going blind but you and RD.
Whysnow, saving eyesight one pinsider at a time.

Nah, a lot of people seem to really just like blinging a game and making it super bright. I personally don't care for it, find it unnecessary, and for some games which use light so well it can really detract from the game.

You sound like you just like to play in the dark. If you are giving time for your cones to adjust and they stil are not, then it is worth a trip to the eye doc to get checked out. I have never seen a game I can't comfortably play in the dark after ten min of eye adjustment. The only games that are even difficult are ones like RD says, GOT, which use so many super flashes that in a dark room they shock your cones back and then you can't see for the few moments post them stopping flashing.

#4503 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seriously you may want to get in to the doc and have things checked out. It sounds like your eyes are not properly adjusting to the darkness of the game room with only 1 game on.
Cone cells take around ten minutes to adjust to darkness. Go in your game room, chill and appreciate the glory of the machine and then fire it up. If you still think the game is too dark then honestly, get into the doc! Many eye issues if caught can be dealt with. As we age, the eye will start to have issues so regular check ups are important.

Please don’t bring your hatred for pinstadiums into this thread too.

#4504 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Nah, a lot of people seem to really just like blinging a game and making it super bright. I personally don't care for it, find it unnecessary, and for some games which use light so well it can really detract from the game.
You sound like you just like to play in the dark. If you are giving time for your cones to adjust and they stil are not, then it is worth a trip to the eye doc to get checked out. I have never seen a game I can't comfortably play in the dark after ten min of eye adjustment. The only games that are even difficult are ones like RD says, GOT, which use so many super flashes that in a dark room they shock your cones back and then you can't see for the few moments post them stopping flashing.

I dont add lighting to most of my games. Most are plenty bright out of the box. I personally find AMH, RZ, ACNC, and WOZ to be too dark though. Opinions may differ though. It's an easy enough fix for those that want it so it's strange that people get worked up about people adding some lighting.

#4505 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

With that being said, what are everyone’s thoughts on Pinstadiun lighting for a game like Alice?

Honest answer: You don’t NEED Pin Stadiums on ACNC, nor any other pin for that matter. I played ACNC yesterday with overhead lights....Pin Stadiums make this art package POP and a no brainer for me.

Need? No
Want? Fuck yeah

#4506 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I played ACNC yesterday with overhead lights....

What is your quick review about this game?

#4507 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

What is your quick review about this game?

Played a game on it yesterday. Back legs were flat on the floor, so I didn’t think it played well. Needed to be lifted a bit. I’ll own this game. We will review this game. We just need to find one to put time on.

#4508 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Honest answer: You don’t NEED Pin Stadiums on ACNC, nor any other pin for that matter. I played ACNC yesterday with overhead lights....Pin Stadiums make this art package POP and a no brainer for me.
Need? No
Want? Fuck yeah

I guess I can play it by ear, I do feel that the back glass at the very least needs to be brighter, at least that’s the case with my TNA.

#4509 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

I guess I can play it by ear, I do feel that the back glass at the very least needs to be brighter, at least that’s the case with my TNA.

I tell ya what, buy a set for em and if you’re not overwhelmed by how good they make ACNC look, I’ll buy them from you. I bet you’ll be keeping them

#4510 5 years ago

Anyone know if the hinge for the back box on alice has the spooky ghost cut out? Working on the add on for tna side panels today so need to know.
Thanks all.

#4511 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Paging Dr. Hilton...

#4512 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Anyone know if the hinge for the back box on alice has the spooky ghost cut out? Working on the add on for tna side panels today so need to know.
Thanks all.

Yes, they do.

#4513 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Need? No
Want? Fuck yeah

Exactly my feelings!

#4514 5 years ago

Nice to know worked this out today for TNA should work for ACNC.
Would need to see the hook ups, unsure if power board is the same in the lower cab.
Hookedonpinball.com

IMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1791 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1796 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPGIMG_1798 (resized).JPG
#4515 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

WOZ is dark for sure.
RZ is also on the dark side.
I find AMH/TNA to be just fine.

ACNC has more to worry about than lighting.

Whysnow use your cell phone light.

#4516 5 years ago
Quoted from HOOKED:

Nice to know worked this out today for TNA should work for ACNC.
Would need to see the hook ups, unsure if power board is the same in the lower cab.
Hookedonpinball.com[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Just let me know if I can help.

#4517 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Tough choice MB is a proven classic ,a great game , And I have really enjoyed the numerous times I have gotten to play ACNC. But given those 2 options Today I would have to take ACNC , Although I really enjoy playing MB I have also done about all that it has to offer numerous times .Even though MB is still very fun to play I would take ACNC because it is new and I have barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer .

Alice Cooper would be my choice.....without question.

#4518 5 years ago

Still waiting to swoop in and take someone's spot when you get the "final payment email". If you get that email and have doubt I'm here for you. Basic machine no ad ons.
Also if spooky would be so kind as to PM me if they can give me a (definate) timeline if I went after machine #45 and switched it to basic trim. I know you guys and gals are busy building great pinball so if I dont hear from you I'll understand.

#4519 5 years ago

Getting ready for deliveries!

B8173ACA-2472-48C3-8FF4-8421767DAA08 (resized).jpegB8173ACA-2472-48C3-8FF4-8421767DAA08 (resized).jpeg
#4520 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Played a game on it yesterday. Back legs were flat on the floor, so I didn’t think it played well. Needed to be lifted a bit. I’ll own this game. We will review this game. We just need to find one to put time on.

My $$$ says you own this before you get your pirates... Just sayin.

#4521 5 years ago

what number are they shipping ?? I am number 58 . how many are going out a week ??

#4522 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

[quoted image]

Yeah baby!!!

#4523 5 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

what number are they shipping ?? I am number 58 . how many are going out a week ??

Not sure what number they are on, but from reading what Charlie has said. Spooky gets out 12-15 games a week, and at the moment, it’s a 2 to 1 ratio to TNA...that puts 4-5 ACNC per week. This will drastically change when TNA run is closer to being done...I’d say Jan-Feb 2018. But this is just info I gleaned from reading Charlie’s comments...I have no inside info.

#4524 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

[quoted image]

That's awesome...I'm looking forward to seeing an ACNC pull up to my house soon

#4525 5 years ago
horrorhousefest_2018_alicecooper_01_wlogo.jpghorrorhousefest_2018_alicecooper_01_wlogo.jpg
#4526 5 years ago

Does this game have an audio out for easy direct audio for streaming?

#4527 5 years ago

Any pics from the line by chance?

#4528 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Any pics from the line by chance?

There are a few on pages 8 & 9 of the topic image gallery

#4529 5 years ago

Any side by side pictures of stock and blue powdercoats? Are most upgrading to the blue?

#4530 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Any side by side pictures of stock and blue powdercoats? Are most upgrading to the blue?

I am staying with the standard. I think it looks fine with the artwork on the game.

#4531 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Standard looks great, but if you decide to powder coat down the road it’ll cost way more.

#4532 5 years ago

I’m getting the scary blue

#4533 5 years ago

I'm in for the blue too. The low upgrade cost is a good value.

#4534 5 years ago

I like the standard finish. Nice rippled grey.

Matches the other Spookys too.

But each to their own. It’s great to have a choice!

rd

#4535 5 years ago

I originally went with the scary blue powder coat but the more I see pics of it and the standard finish I may end up changing my order, they both look good on this pin. I’ve got some time to make up my mind since my build number is in 300’s

#4536 5 years ago

Both are cool. I went with scary blue to mix it up. Looks good for the money!!!

4814857E-E435-44FF-8DE6-5CD27FD8A455 (resized).jpeg4814857E-E435-44FF-8DE6-5CD27FD8A455 (resized).jpeg8F3ED472-812D-40EB-94F3-ADEDFD407CAB (resized).jpeg8F3ED472-812D-40EB-94F3-ADEDFD407CAB (resized).jpegA170765B-67B6-414F-8931-A2DB280BB76E (resized).jpegA170765B-67B6-414F-8931-A2DB280BB76E (resized).jpeg
#4537 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Both are cool. I went with scary blue to mix it up. Looks good for the money!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks so good. Looks like a butter cab. All in on Spooky ACNC.

#4538 5 years ago

Butter for sure. Looks so sweet!!!!!

#4539 5 years ago

Game is fun too and once the code is done it will be amazing!!!

#4540 5 years ago

Looks great

#4541 5 years ago

Anyone planning on standard trim w/lighted speakers?

#4542 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

I plan to do that. Should look great.

#4543 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

CC48BB0E-37B2-4AD2-9694-F53911CA863D (resized).jpegCC48BB0E-37B2-4AD2-9694-F53911CA863D (resized).jpeg
#4544 5 years ago

Great game! Playing this one caused me to place a deposit

#4545 5 years ago

Is the standard trim powder coat? What is the name of color?? I've only seen the blue in person and my phones color abilities is lacking.

#4546 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Is the standard trim powder coat? What is the name of color?? I've only seen the blue in person and my phones color abilities is lacking.

The standard is powder coat. It is a silver vein of some sort. Looks very nice and very durable.

I personally like the blue for ACNC but you cant go wrong with either.

#4547 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The standard is powder coat. It is a silver vein of some sort. Looks very nice and very durable.
I personally like the blue for ACNC but you cant go wrong with either.

Thanks. One remaining question. When they say monster mirrors I'm assuming mirror blades with added graphics?

#4548 5 years ago

not sure what those are.

#4549 5 years ago

anyone looking to join the party immediately?

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Routed - fresh off route - “Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle. Lightly routed for the past 3 months, cleaned regularly. Nothing wrong whatsoever - it plays and looks fabulous! (pictures taken while the sun was ...”
2018-11-19
Madison, WI
6,500 (OBO)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 1115 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4550 5 years ago
Quoted from pinker:

Hello. I may be dreaming but on the old video, I remember that when the ball tap slingshots there was a sound of metal chains resounded. But on these last video it does not look like the case, I found these sounds great.

Found some early video with the sounds you mentioned....

@ damonator - thanks for the photo.... very nice

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/91?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.