20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 114.
#4451 5 years ago

Why do people keep complaining about Alice and his callouts. That's the way the man talked all his life. That's his style. Do you want him to pretend to be different? Maybe get a fake Alice with enthusiasm that sounds nothing like the man himself so you can complain about how they used a voice actor instead of the real deal. Anyone who's followed Alice throughout his career or knows anything about the man knows that's his demeanor. I like it and think he fits perfectly with his role of haunted castle tour guide.

#4452 5 years ago

I love Alice, can’t wait for my pin, but I agree from what I’ve heard the call outs are a little subdued. I realize this is how Alice talks now, but for the call outs on a pin they could be a little more animated. I agree with Ben that having a voice coach directing him would probably have helped. All in all it’s not a big deal to me though.

#4453 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Why do people keep complaining about Alice and his callouts. That's the way the man talked all his life. That's his style. Do you want him to pretend to be different? Maybe get a fake Alice with enthusiasm that sounds nothing like the man himself so you can complain about how they used a voice actor instead of the real deal. Anyone who's followed Alice throughout his career or knows anything about the man knows that's his demeanor. I like it and think he fits perfectly with his role of haunted house tour guide.

I am a life long fan and major Alice collector. I am thrilled with the game no matter what. Do I agree that Alice's call outs could be more horror related... Yes, Do I wonder if he was given direction in the callouts...yes. I think Charlie said he is the Castles aristocrat. So he would be mainly calm until provoked. I Think Charlie said as you progress in the game he get more enthralled and agitated . I hope that is true! I have heard Alice speak in a more horror tone and use his rough vocal style in this way. But when I hear "throw him in the pit" or something like that and he seem calm. I kinda cringe! Although if Alice and company and Charlie are ok with it, then so be it. I am happy the Pinball God's and moons aligned to bring us an Alice Cooper pinball. My only two cents would be. It appears Charlie and Alice's group have a good relationship. I'm pretty sure if they went to Alice and said "we know you did a lot of call outs but we need a few extra animated" .. Or whatever ones and directed him. I'm pretty sure he would graciously do them. He is that kind of guy.... Genuine. I'm pretty sure he wants the best game with himself also being a true horror fan.
Just my 2cents on the call outs.
Again Thank you Spooky for being fans and making it happen.
Magicchiz
Hey look no Alice pictures today... Hehe, wink wink

#4454 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Voice acting should be directed. Sometimes you get lucky just handing someone a script (RZ) other times... Not so much.
Alice should be playing a character, the evil mad scientist Lord of a castle (as depicted on the art) Instead he sounds like Nights with Alice Cooper.
The time spent trying to spruce it up greatly exceeds the 1 day and $750 it would have cost to fly someone out to supervise.

I've seen interviews with Alice, on YouTube, where he talks about working with producer Bob Ezrin. He said that Bob names Alice's vocal range as different characters (child-like Alice, sinister Alice, etc) so he can get performances that suit different styles of songs. It sounds like most of us would love to hear more of the Sinister Alice on this pin - similar to the intros he performs for Feed My Frankenstein or Black Widow, perhaps? Or even the style of performance he gives in his live shows.

Being a total pro, I'm guessing that Alice gave the game creators several different performances to choose from. It's been said that they had a couple hundred callouts for Alice to read for the game. I've only heard a few of them in the videos posted online, so it's possible that he did record many callouts in the sinister style, and I've just not heard them. Or perhaps it was decided by the creative team to not use the sinister sounding callouts in the end, even if they were recorded.

As a huge Alice Cooper fan, I'd be very interested to read a story about the callout recording process from someone at Spooky, if they have some time to share with us.

#4455 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

The only one suffering from cognitive dissonance here is you! You obviously don’t like it enough to buy, so move on and quit bothering the rest of us!
And I couldn’t care less about what SDTM has to say about it. I don’t need others to tell me what to think about a pinball machine they don’t own!

Good for you, I will NOT move on, I have as much right to see what happens with this pin as anyone else, and my views are balanced. You clearly don't understand what cognitive dissonance even is... I am not bothering anyone, it is a forum, not a fan page, it is for DISCUSSION.

Get a grip. As I have said before the culture of bullying on this forum (not sure about pinside as a whole as new to the hobby) if someone does not say entirely positive things is ridiculous... Totally ridiculous. I am a huge AC fan my whole life and pinball fan, I am interested to see what happens and if the pin improves I would still buy one. I think STDM are absolutely legends and great you don't need others to review things, but I look forward to it. Troll off.

#4456 5 years ago

I hope this is okay to share, but on one of my trips to Spooky, Charlie was going though the audio recordings. One of the lines was something like, "Nobody would dare enter the castle by their own volition." Alice started to read it, paused, and then asked someone to look up "volition". If my memory is correct, he then repeated that word a few times and read the line again in character.

#4457 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I hope this is okay to share, but on one of my trips to Spooky, Charlie was going though the audio recordings. One of the lines was something like, "Nobody would dare enter the castle by their own volition." Alice started to read it, paused, and then asked someone to look up "volition". If my memory is correct, he then repeated that word a few times and read the line again in character.

That is another example of why someone should have been producing/recording this with AC (or if someone did they used the wrong guy). If it was not a word or sentence Cooper would normally use or be comfortable with, they should have changed it to fit his style.

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Good for you, I will NOT move on, I have as much right to see what happens with this pin as anyone else, and my views are balanced. You clearly don't understand what cognitive dissonance even is... I am not bothering anyone, it is a forum, not a fan page, it is for DISCUSSION.
Get a grip. As I have said before the culture of bullying on this forum (not sure about pinside as a whole as new to the hobby) if someone does not say entirely positive things is ridiculous... Totally ridiculous. I am a huge AC fan my whole life and pinball fan, I am interested to see what happens and if the pin improves I would still buy one. I think STDM are absolutely legends and great you don't need others to review things, but I look forward to it. Troll off.

I’m interested to see what they say as well I still frequent this thread because I’m still very interested in the machine and want to put some games on it in my home, where I can best appreciate it. I just don’t have the patience to wait on a list for one. Lord knows I’m enduring enough pain waiting for my JJPOTC. Here’s hoping we all get an amazing experience with ACNC.

#4459 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That is another example of why someone should have been producing/recording this with AC (or if someone did they used the wrong guy). If it was not a word or sentence Cooper would normally use or be comfortable with, they should have changed it to fit his style.

Sure, but it's also Spooky's game. I think they need some freedom to write a script. Plus if anyone knows more about classic horror than Alice, it's Charlie.

#4460 5 years ago

Your the one that accused people on this thread of having cognitive dissonance! I know what it means and you have it!

#4461 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Your the one that accused people on this thread of having cognitive dissonance! Perhaps you don't understand what that means hey? I know what cognitive dissonance is and you clearly have it.

Someone that uses grammar like "your the one" just needs to shut up. Says everything I need to know about you. I am sure you googled it and you think you know what it is, you my friend are quite simply what we call in the UK a tosser.

Let's compare CVs and see who knows more about psychology shall we, why don't you post your linkedin profile so we can see who you are and where you were educated and I will post my educational background. Put up or shut up "BitchIE! More like.

#4462 5 years ago

Someone that uses grammar like "your the one" just needs to shut up. Says everything I need to know about you. I am sure you googled it and you think you know what it is, you my friend are quite simply what we call in the UK a tosser.
Let's compare CVs and see who knows more about psychology shall we, why don't you post your linkedin profile so we can see who you are and where you were educated and I will post my educational background. Put up or shut up "BitchIE! More like.

Yup! I'm so stupid. I made a typo. Should have been "you're the one" I guess you are just too smart for me! All big and intellectual and everything! I'll go to the back of the bus now because you are the superior one! You know what cognitive dissonance means.
I bet you know more about masterbation too!
And you'RE what we call a CACA-PEE-PEE WA-WA in the USA!

#4463 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I’m interested to see what they say as well I still frequent this thread because I’m still very interested in the machine and want to put some games on it in my home, where I can best appreciate it. I just don’t have the patience to wait on a list for one. Lord knows I’m enduring enough pain waiting for my JJPOTC. Here’s hoping we all get an amazing experience with ACNC.

ZMeny
Just drive the three or so hours up to me, and play it all you want, you can play it or any of the others I have.

If you want to video it, review it, whatever, go for it, ill open the gameroom up for ya

#4464 5 years ago

Well, regardless of how the callouts sound, pay attention to them as you play.

Item collection may not be in the code yet but once it is becomes very important scoring strategy. Alice will comment on anything you collect while traversing the castle as a hint to which monster it will have an effect on.

#4465 5 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

zmeny
Just drive the three or so hours up to me, and play it all you want, you can play it or any of the others I have.
If you want to video it, review it, whatever, go for it, ill open the gameroom up for ya

Much appreciated my friend

#4466 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Much appreciated my friend

And let the SDTM road show begin!

Brad

#4467 5 years ago

All right! Looks like we've been gifted with a 3 day break after that back and forth. Guess everyone can go back to talking about the lack of dramatic effect in the callouts......but then again, hopefully not.

The real problem right now is that most people are having to try to square what they see and hear on few-and-far-between videos of the machine with their expectations/wishes without ever having the opportunity to find out how it actually plays and feels for themselves. Much of the drama should die down once more of these get out there and people get to formulate an opinion based on the actual experience. Hopefully, that'll be soon so there might be some new things to talk about in this thread.

Having played it a bunch myself, I'm at least of the opinion that it's very likely the best looking pin package I've seen and is a very unique/different take on the "rock band" theme. I like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Aerosmith, ACDC, Kiss (OK...maybe not Kiss) as much as the next guy.....but it's nice to have something where I don't just pick my song (or character, or house, or stein, or whatever) from jump and just rock out, but instead have to work up to it with some semblance of a story and a nice tip to the explore/collect/fight style of video games gone by. Much more rewarding and much more immersive, IMHO.

Shots feel good once you get them down and the build quality and features included can't be beat for the price....not even close. Is it JJPOTC Collectors edition? For many people, probably not. But I don't have to sell a kidney to be able to buy one either.....

My spot is still a long way off.....but that probably means a lot of polish between now and then too. And knowing where it already is, I'm content to stay right there.

#4468 5 years ago

All I am kind of torn here... I have a spot coming up that should have been here already... well now I have mbr le I think I want and no room.... for those who have played what would you take TODAY ACNC or MBRle?

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

All I am kind of torn here... I have a spot coming up that should have been here already... well now I have mbr le I think I want and no room.... for those who have played what would you take TODAY ACNC or MBRle?

Tough choice MB is a proven classic ,a great game , And I have really enjoyed the numerous times I have gotten to play ACNC. But given those 2 options Today I would have to take ACNC , Although I really enjoy playing MB I have also done about all that it has to offer numerous times .Even though MB is still very fun to play I would take ACNC because it is new and I have barely scratched the surface of what it has to offer .

#4470 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Well.....you might be asking a group that is a little biased. This is the ACNC thread after all.....I think if you took a poll outside this thread, you'd find that MBr would win in a landslide

Here's the reality: there is no TODAY in the conversation. CGC is going to make some number of MBr SE models before they move on to making the LE. And at this point, you will likely be pretty far down the LE delivery list with distributors. So I'd guess you are probably talking at least a few months out (if you are REALLY lucky) in getting your hands on MBr LE anyway if you haven't already gotten a spot. Considering you're spot #49 for ACNC, you'll very likely have ACNC before MBr....depending on when they do the butter cab runs.

Now, if the question is which game will be more "code complete" when you do initially get it, I'd probably have to give the nod to MBr. It is based on a finalized set of game code already, so it has a massive advantage in that regard. ACNC may take more time to fully get there.

End of the day, it really comes down to which one speaks to your style and which you want more. That's a question no one can answer for you. Both are going to be awesome.(but very different) machines.

Or.....just sell the least favorite in your collection and buy both . Looking at what you have, any one of those would.basically pay for an MBr LE.

#4471 5 years ago

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

#4472 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Serious question. Is anybody here buying the game for the awesome horror/halloween theme and gameplay and NOT a fan of Alice Coopers music?

That would be me , I am buying it because I like the gameplay . I do not own a single Alice Cooper album , not that I don’t like his music (just never really listened to it much ) Funny thing is since I enjoy this game I have been looking more into his music . The same thing happened to me with Star Trek the Next Generation, never saw the show but really liked the pin so I started watching the show and I enjoy it.

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

"Frank"ly, YES. I never really listened to Alice Cooper...or at least didn't know it. Seriously, the only song I could have told you WAS Alice Cooper was Feed My Frankenstein, and you can thank Wayne's World for that. But I find myself drawn to Horror themed pins for some.reason (BSD, TFTC, TWD are all top 10 for me). I was hooked almost immediately on playing this....part because it's right up my alley and part because it simply does a fantastic job of pulling you in all the way around.

That said, the songs have really grown on me and work well with the theme. I love that it's not a "greatest hits" list like most rock pins.....and Cold Ethyl is just a flat out kick-ass song.

#4474 5 years ago
Quoted from cmack750:

"...and Cold Ethyl is just a flat out kick-ass song.

Because anyone who likes music knows one thing.....if you want to make a great song......MORE COWBELL!

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Same question for a guy who does not like these songs?

Of course never played it but this game looks so beautiful in every aspect. Gameplays seems to be solid too.
I’m really wondering if this game could eventually replace my Houdini. Not I dislike Houdini, just coz I’m really impressed with the AC artwork and LCD animations. I also like horror them. I just wanted to hear it and in particular AC songs as I really dislike them when I listen to them on youtube. The listening is sometimes way different in a game. If these songs could be melted in the general sound package I think it can do it for me. But right now I don’t know.
I think I can’t change these songs as I did on my Met.

#4476 5 years ago

Édit: i really like « Disco Bloodbath boogie fever » song (if this is really this one). Really cool.

I wanted to know if the 9 songs in the game were his best success. What are the best?
Thanks

#4477 5 years ago

If anyone gets the call for final payment and has changed their mind I'm your guy. Base machine no add ons. Thanks and keep me in mind.

#4478 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Same question for a guy who does not like these songs?
Of course never played it but this game looks so beautiful in every aspect. Gameplays seems to be solid too.
I’m really wondering if this game could eventually replace my Houdini. Not I dislike Houdini, just coz I’m really impressed with the AC artwork and LCD animations. I also like horror them. I just wanted to hear it and in particular AC songs as I really dislike them when I listen to them on youtube. The listening is sometimes way different in a game. If these songs could be melted in the general sound package I think it can do it for me. But right now I don’t know.
I think I can’t change these songs as I did on my Met.

Houdini has pop bumpers.

#4479 5 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Well, regardless of how the callouts sound, pay attention to them as you play.

Yep... true stuff, and remember there is a small MOUNTAIN of callouts not in the game yet. Stability gets precedence over content.

We've got multiple people that are all eyes on the rule set all the time, and Ben gave us a great base to start with (and fantastic insert art!). Scott has his game and is taking control of all the sound effects. Bunyip has already done a fantastic job on the animations, and Bowen has been incredible to getting balance and pushing us / reeling us in when needed. From me, to Fawzma, to everyone involved... it's all a team effort.

The market is flooded with choices, and we'd much rather see the people who love this game for what it is end up with it than try to beat you over the head with "how great it is". I'm kind of a terrible salesman.

I also own an original MB and I'm not giving it up! Lol... to even be compared to that game in any capacity is flattering. The 2 games play entirely differently, but of course a game filled with monsters I'm going to find pretty damn inspirational (and fun!).

This was a record week for game building with 17 done here at Spooky! We're cranking hard on TnA to fill as many orders as possible while we get Alice exactly the way we want it for both code & production. TnA has never stopped selling, and will hit that 550 cut off (for now) mark soon.

So, 2 best selling games of last 6 years here are back to back, and yep... that's a good thing, but also a problem we're finding ways to conquer. Right now TnA is leaving 3 to 1 ACNC, and eventually that will swing the other direction.

Back to debating on whatever is next I guess. Lol... we'll be here in snowy WI working as usual. Take care and be good to each other!

Charlie out.

#4480 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Add one more to your poll.... I was this (*) close to AFMr but held off waiting to see what this one looked like before committing. Took a few days of stewing, but opted for ACNC wait and all.

#4481 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Yep... true stuff, and remember there is a small MOUNTAIN of callouts not in the game yet. Stability gets precedence over content.
We've got multiple people that are all eyes on the rule set all the time, and Ben gave us a great base to start with (and fantastic insert art!). Scott has his game and is taking control of all the sound effects. Bunyip has already done a fantastic job on the animations, and Bowen has been incredible to getting balance and pushing us / reeling us in when needed. From me, to Fawzma, to everyone involved... it's all a team effort.
The market is flooded with choices, and we'd much rather see the people who love this game for what it is end up with it than try to beat you over the head with "how great it is". I'm kind of a terrible salesman.
I also own an original MB and I'm not giving it up! Lol... to even be compared to that game in any capacity is flattering. The 2 games play entirely differently, but of course a game filled with monsters I'm going to find pretty damn inspirational (and fun!).
This was a record week for game building with 17 done here at Spooky! We're cranking hard on TnA to fill as many orders as possible while we get Alice exactly the way we want it for both code & production. TnA has never stopped selling, and will hit that 550 cut off (for now) mark soon.
So, 2 best selling games of last 6 years here are back to back, and yep... that's a good thing, but also a problem we're finding ways to conquer. Right now TnA is leaving 3 to 1 ACNC, and eventually that will swing the other direction.
Back to debating on whatever is next I guess. Lol... we'll be here in snowy WI working as usual. Take care and be good to each other!
Charlie out.

Thanks Charlie, your updates are always appreciated!

#4482 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Add me to the list of those buying this because of the horror theme and not the music. I’ve never been a huge fan of his music, but I did see him in concert when he opened for Motley Crue, and I have to say that it was a great show. He’s a hell of a good showman.

#4483 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Well considering MBr LE for me will be a new experience along with Alice I’ve committed to buying both. My number for Alice is 97 so I’m guessing I’m going to get both at the same time. They are 180 degrees from each other as it relates to experience the times I got to play them. I only got to play Alice once at TPF and it was very short ball time so I’m buying that game on art and my TNA experience so far giving that it shares a lot of the same tech. MB I played a very expensive original to know I want it and to get an LE was a no brained to me. I had room for both but if I had to choose only one, I would probably pic MB and wait for Alice later down the road.

#4484 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Hey - look what showed up....
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I played this game last night! I was there picking up Damonator’s Spider-Man Black LE. Such a great host, he opened up his game room and we played a bunch of games and had some tequila. I have to say, I’ve been on the fringe watching what’s going on with ACNC but not really ready to pull the trigger. However after putting in a few plays on it last night I am hooked on this game. Of course the first few games I didn’t know what the heck I was doing and was staring at all the prettiness under the glass as I was shooting and learning the rules. But man there is a lot of great shots and that upper playfield is packed. The mode and music integration is top notch. As I made the 730 mile trek home with BSM I drooled over the thought of adding ACNC to my line-up. When I got home I sent in a email to spooky to get on the list! Can’t wait to get this game, it’s so much fun.

#4485 5 years ago

Since there is a club thread, any chance actual owners/buyers might start posting there and leave the various personal and buy-don't buy debates, non-player/non-owner/uninterested party generated critiques, general speculation, Cooper pix, etc for this one - maybe get a bit more game focused content?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle-club-enter-at-own-risk

#4486 5 years ago

Got to put a few plays on acnc today. Game looks great and actually shoots nicely. There are tons of shots and they are somewhat tight but it's not a clunky brick fest game like some people have been claiming. Overall I was very impressed with how it shot. The castle mold is very impressive and the game is loaded with mechs.

The big negative about the game currently is it is very confusing. There is not much direction or information on what to do. I thought the inserts and the gi lighting were both too dim also.

The bones for a unique fun game are there. It just needs lots of code work still which I know Spooky is working hard on.

#4487 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Got to put a few plays on acnc today. Game looks great and actually shoots nicely. There are tons of shots and they are somewhat tight but it's not a clunky brick fest game like some people have been claiming. Overall I was very impressed with how it shot. The castle mold is very impressive and the game is loaded with mechs.
The big negative about the game currently is it is very confusing. There is not much direction or information on what to do. I thought the inserts and the gi lighting were both too dim also.
The bones for a unique fun game are there. It just needs lots of code work still which I know Spooky is working hard on.

Thanks for the review, that’s the only beef I have with my TNA. I feel the lighting is too dim other that the game is fun and solid.

#4488 5 years ago

With that being said, what are everyone’s thoughts on Pinstadiun lighting for a game like Alice?

#4489 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Thanks for the review, that’s the only beef I have with my TNA. I feel the lighting is too dim other that the game is fun and solid.

Tna is bright compared to acnc. I have pinstadium on my rz and they work great.

#4490 5 years ago

Aren't all Spooky's pretty dimly lit--they must be shooting for that dark atmosphere...

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Aren't all Spooky's pretty dimly lit--they must be shooting for that dark atmosphere...

I dont think tna is. The other 3 are pretty dark though. Easily fixed if you want some more light though.

#4492 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Someone asked for a chart so here's a 1st draft. This is a very simple model with the following assumptions:
18 months of production, starting June 1
20 production days per month
360 production days, 1.388 games per production day, 27.77 games per month
no corrections for ramp up, holidays, playing hooky or shutdowns due to godzilla attack.
Posters who have provided a game number are listed with an estimated delivery month

[quoted image]

Patience required.

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

With that being said, what are everyone’s thoughts on Pinstadiun lighting for a game like Alice?

The answer is ALWAYS no for that!

Sorry, i lnow people like making games super bright and putting mod crap all over but doing it on a game that uses light so well is just a shame imho.

#4494 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, i lnow people like making games super bright and putting mod crap all over but doing it on a game that uses light so well is just a shame imho.

I can appreciate that, I’m a sucker though for brightly lit games but do enjoy my TNA even with the dim lighting. I never mod my games but was toying with the idea for my TNA and the soon to come Alice.

#4495 5 years ago

I can’t understand this fascination with making your pinball machines as bright as all f**k.

Aren’t you guys eating your carrots or something?

When I heard Marty from H2H say he put those pinstadiums on his GOT I had to scratch my head. That game is so bright standard you need RayBans to play the thing! Steve Bowden literally wears sunglasses when he plays that game.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

If I’m having trouble seeing the ball, I have a cheap and easy solution for it.

rd

D454CAFA-5FBE-4FA7-8FE5-7C730AB3B0C4 (resized).jpegD454CAFA-5FBE-4FA7-8FE5-7C730AB3B0C4 (resized).jpeg
#4496 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Better or not than an Houdini? I was wondering to swap mine with this one..
Shots are tighter or less than Houdini?

#4497 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I can’t understand this fascination with making your pinball machines as bright as all f**k.
When I heard Marty from H2H say he put those pinstadiums on his GOT I had to scratch my head. That game is so bright standard you need RayBans to play the thing! Steve Bowden literally wears sunglasses when he plays that game.
rd[quoted image]

Ha ha!

Putting pinstadiums on GOT is insanity as the game is already as bright as the sun as it is

Anyone remember the term 'ambient lighting'?!

#4498 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Quoted from rotordave:

rd[quoted image]

Lots of people play in the dark and AMH, RZ, and ACNC are all 3 a little dark for that. Other then woz they are probably the darkest modern games so I really dont see how either of you cannot understand adding more lighting to those. Go in a game room in the dark and only turn on 1 game and those are all a little hard to see the ball.

I generally just add a couple of spot lights but if others prefer pinstadium or whatever who cares. But acting like those games are not a little dark is pretty silly.

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Better or not than an Houdini? I was wondering to swap mine with this one..
Shots are tighter or less than Houdini?

I thought it shot a lot better then Houdini, but I'm not a fan of the Houdini layout. Houdini is currently a lot more polished but I think acnc will be a much better game down the road. It has better art, better screen, more shots that feel better, more to do, etc. It just has a long way to go on code. It's going to be Spooky's best game by quite a bit in my opinion.

#4499 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Lots of people play in the dark and AMH, RZ, and ACNC are all 3 a little dark for that. Other then woz they are probably the darkest modern games so I really dont see how either of you cannot understand adding more lighting to those. Go in a game room in the dark and only turn on 1 game and those are all a little hard to see the ball.
I generally just add a couple of spot lights but if others prefer pinstadium or whatever who cares. But acting like those games are not a little dark is pretty silly.

I thought it shot a lot better then Houdini, but I'm not a fan of the Houdini layout. Houdini is currently a lot more polished but I think acnc will be a much better game down the road. It has better art, better screen, more shots that feel better, more to do, etc. It just has a long way to go on code. It's going to be Spooky's best game by quite a bit in my opinion.

Someone here said there were no pops but not an issue for me. My only grip is finally the songs, only (really) like one.
You (and I too) can’t do anything, only tastes matter. I think AC fans are privileged and very lucky.

#4500 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Seriously you may want to get in to the doc and have things checked out. It sounds like your eyes are not properly adjusting to the darkness of the game room with only 1 game on.
Cone cells take around ten minutes to adjust to darkness. Go in your game room, chill and appreciate the glory of the machine and then fire it up. If you still think the game is too dark then honestly, get into the doc! Many eye issues if caught can be dealt with. As we age, the eye will start to have issues so regular check ups are important.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 90 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/90?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.