Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 51 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 150 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 113.
#401 2 years ago

Me and a buddy are visiting Charlie next week for a couple of days. If anyone wants pics or info, just let me know.

#402 2 years ago

Bill Paxton vs Meatloaf would be cool

#403 2 years ago

Rocky horror picture show would be an amazing title!

#404 2 years ago
Quoted from Richthofen:

The original tweet had the game name on the lower playfield pic. Was something about meatloaf. I think Ben is trolling honestly because there would be no need to write the name on the prototype like that.

you dont know Ben very well... guy labels seriously everything. I think his label maker even has a label on it, hahaha.

#405 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

you dont know Ben very well... guy labels seriously everything. I think his label maker even has a label on it, hahaha.

And he has a sense of humor that makes him an almost perfect soft core troll when he wants to be.

#406 2 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Me and a buddy are visiting Charlie next week for a couple of days. If anyone wants pics or info, just let me know.

I do please.

#407 2 years ago

be careful what you ask for. bryan_kelly didn't really specify what pictures he would be taking. it could get scary really fast.

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

be careful what you ask for. bryan_kelly didn't really specify what pictures he would be taking. it could get scary really fast.

His loves for photos may only be exceeded by his love for pinball...

Brad

byran_loves_photos.png

bryan_loves_photos1.png

#409 2 years ago

Looking forward to the tpf announcement.

1 month later
#412 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Soo... what is new with rev 7E?

E is for Elvira!

#414 2 years ago

I wish spooky would give me a free copy of their next game for guessing it will be evil on two legs

#415 2 years ago

Or might it be: Halloween / Michael Meyers evil on two legs? I win

#416 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Soo... what is new with rev 7E?

EOTL = guessing it means End of the Line.. IE: Parker is done revising the board for a long time.. probably going to see this board being used for many upcoming titles until there prooves needing to add features (IE coils, motors, display power/resolution).

#417 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

EOTL = guessing it means End of the Line.. IE: Parker is done revising the board for a long time.. probably going to see this board being used for many upcoming titles until there prooves needing to add features (IE coils, motors, display power/resolution).

EOTL = evil on two legs = Michael meyers

#418 2 years ago

Elvira 3 sounds like a great Spooky title if true.
Will see, I'd take Scooby Doo to!

1 week later
#419 2 years ago

Ben Heck shot down the Elvira 3 thought on a podcast last week.

1 week later
#420 2 years ago

Could it be TOTAL ANNIHILATION???

#421 2 years ago

Really hoping it's scooby

#422 2 years ago

I played TOTAL ANNIHILATION at Expo and if Spooky built it I would definitely buy it. This game is awesome.

#423 2 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

I played TOTAL ANNIHILATION at Expo and if Spooky built it I would definitely buy it. This game is awesome.

If you liked it at expo , you will like it even more now . Scott has done so much with the code since expo . He did not have the smart drop targets in at expo , these are so awesome! Rules are getting really good . If Total Annihilation does get produced I will buy one .

#424 2 years ago

Ben seemed to more or less rule out Scooby. At least that's my read.

Quoted from benheck:

Didn't we already kind of make an unlicensed Scooby-Doo with AMH?
Much like how MM is an unlicensed Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

ยป YouTube video

Amazing! So in on this if it gets produced!

#426 2 years ago
Quoted from rask4p:

I skimmed through it, but I do like Charlie's comment about how a $50 ramp can make a $1,000 difference in what buyers are willing to pay. He'd love to do another original theme, and a street level game (IE flat), but it is a huge risk. I'd be hard pressed not to buy one because it looks like it flows so well, and I'm a sucker for that kind of music.

#427 2 years ago

Total Annihilation = I'm in!

Actually, pretty much any game from Spooky I'm in on, but Total Annihilation needs to get produced!

-
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
borygard at gmail dot com

#428 2 years ago

Wish Spooky would announce at TPF, beyond Jetsons the time to strike is now!!

#429 2 years ago

Really want to know what this game is.

#430 2 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Amazing! So in on this if it gets produced!

I played it at Expo a few times and loved it. If the price was reasonable, I would be interested.

#431 2 years ago

Please build TOTAL ANNIHILATION x1000

I see/feel inspiration from Hotline miami and Far Cry 3: Blood dragon

#432 2 years ago

Army of Darkness. I'm calling it.

#433 2 years ago

elvira, regardless of the distraction efforts

#434 2 years ago

If anyone makes total annihilation, I'm in.....glad to see it gaining traction.

#435 2 years ago

When the podcast guest this month (van Es) started mentioning the names of posters on his wall, I couldn't help but wonder if something was being hinted... or leaked.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If you liked it at expo , you will like it even more now . Scott has done so much with the code since expo . He did not have the smart drop targets in at expo , these are so awesome! Rules are getting really good . If Total Annihilation does get produced I will buy one .

It needs to happen! I have thought the next step for spooky is to make a creat single level classic that is modernized. scott has done just that!

I am in!

#437 2 years ago

That Total Annihlation is awesome, I'd be interested in one if they were ever produced.

However, didn't Charlie hint in one of the more recent Spooky podcasts that the third game was a license and would be announced when the license owner was ready? To me, that suggests cross marketing for something like a movie. I suppose it could be Elvira, but I doubt it.

#438 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

That Total Annihlation is awesome, I'd be interested in one if they were ever produced.
However, didn't Charlie hint in one of the more recent Spooky podcasts that the third game was a license and would be announced when the license owner was ready? To me, that suggests cross marketing for something like a movie. I suppose it could be Elvira, but I doubt it.

Yes he did , I think he also said that Ben Heck is working on number 4 for spooky . I think if it would work out for Spooky to make Total Annihilation I think it would be further down the road . Maybe it could be considered a contract game since it wasn't developed in house at Spooky . It would be an expensive game to produce as it sits right now though . What Scott has put into this game is insane . Just a quick look under the playfield and you will realize that this game is no where near as simple as it may appear at first . If it gets produced I will buy one , Scott Danesi is awesome and so is Total Annihilation!

20170303_202834 (resized).jpg

#439 2 years ago

I would also like to add that although the underside of the playfield is completely packed full of awesomeness , it is not a rat's nest off wires . It is all very tidy and the wiring is all very well done and bundled nicely .

#440 2 years ago

TA looks great, never had a game with just one level but it seems like it could work. I would buy one for sure.

Funny how Stern didn't put full color changing inserts on it's $15k BM pin, just makes you more aware how cost cutting Stern pins are now.

#441 2 years ago

Absolutely in on TA if produced by Spooky, might buy it HUO if someone else runs it. No one has a better track record of announcing, building, and shipping games in a reasonable amount of time as Spooky, and TA looks incredible.

If it isn't game three, I hope it's game 4!

#442 2 years ago

I will buy a kit TA if it were an option also!

(you reading this scott?)

TA needs to happen!

#443 2 years ago

Got a chance to watch the Dead Flip TA video over the weekend and I have to give props to Scott. The game looks amazing and fun as hell! That's the kind of new blood and fresh thinking we need in pinball. Would love to see this game be made by Spooky in the future!

#444 2 years ago

I told Scott this weekend that I think TA flips better than a lot of other mass produced pins do. The game play, light show, and THE MUSIC FREAKIN ROCKS! I can't wait to see the artwork for this when it's done. It would be a solid Spooky edition.

#445 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

TA looks great, never had a game with just one level but it seems like it could work. I would buy one for sure.
Funny how Stern didn't put full color changing inserts on it's $15k BM pin, just makes you more aware how cost cutting Stern pins are now.

To me, the 6 color changers in BM66 make sense in the context of the game rules. However, I'm not sure whether that is a product of adding an element to the game, or working around cost limitation.

#446 2 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

To me, the 6 color changers in BM66 make sense in the context of the game rules. However, I'm not sure whether that is a product of adding an element to the game, or working around cost limitation.

It's cost cutting. Putting the color changers in allows for you to take advantage of them later via code updates. They could have left them white in early code and worked towards improving the light show later. By putting the non-color changers in from day one, it shows that they had no plan to invest the time or spend the minimal extra cost. I think Ghostbusters has a great light show, but I really wish all the inserts were RGB.

#447 2 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It's cost cutting. Putting the color changers in allows for you to take advantage of them later via code updates

For reference (since Scott mentions he used piranha LED's):
Color RGB led's when bought in 1,000 piece quantity: 19 cents each
ebay.com link » Like

Cool white led's when bought in 1,000 piece quantity: 5 cents each
ebay.com link » Like

So if you figure there are roughly 75 inserts max on a playfield, Stern thinks saving $10.50 is worth cheating it's customers on a high premium product.

#448 2 years ago

Well Stern would need to program the lights also. If that adds another few hours?

I own 10 Stern pins but they seem like they are on a race to the bottom as far as QC and cheapness. Even the games I love cheap the hell out with such as peg legs. You can't look at a Potc and Tspp and then look at BB66 which costs 2x as much and wonder where the extra costs is going because it's not in the product BOM. BM66 premium costs $2500 more than AS pro why?

#449 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

BM66 premium costs $2500 more than AS pro why?

Because people in this hobby with lots of $$ will pay it. Put yourself in Gary Stern's shoes. If you had ~50 people out there in the world anxious to toss a few grand each into your pocket and if only costs you ~$50 per table in cost, wouldn't you take it? Or, would you be the martyr and say "Nah, you can keep your $98k. I have enough money. Thanks!" Yes, we all love pinball. But, it is a business (not a hobby) for Stern. Kudos goes to Stern for banking in on this hobby. I just hope this "bubble" that many speak of bursts soon so I can get some cheap pins!

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

So if you figure there are roughly 75 inserts max on a playfield

75 white LEDs requires 75 drivers. 75 RGB LEDs will need 225 drivers and the extra wiring. The costs add up quick.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
6,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chatham, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside