20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 114.
#4401 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Oh neat!! I really like their font usage in this game! The artwork I dig, but in places wish there were some changes.

There’s been a lot added in just the last couple weeks.

#4402 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

There’s been a lot added in just the last couple weeks.

Do you have a working link for the code updates, or rather, the patch notes? Link is dead on Spooky's homepage.

I'd be interested to see the direction it's going.

Edit: Working now, but only contains the update file. No notes.

#4403 5 years ago

I'm in on game 349! Very happy with what I've seen lately for this game, and how kind and helpful the folks at Spooky have been with my TNA. I think this one is going to be a classic.

#4404 5 years ago

Just curious as to why nobody has posted a video of the game ?

Can anyone answer this?

#4405 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Just curious as to why nobody has posted a video of the game ?
Can anyone answer this?

Perhaps the very few people that have them are enjoying their game and don't want to get bitched at for adding to the pool of crappy cell-phone videos (not everyone has a Jack Danger set-up or the know-how to capture good pinball video [I certainly don't anyway]). No way to capture in-person audio either (which I expect is amazing based on TNA). Heck, some of us hardly have any time to play our games, let alone suffer the demands of some Pinsiders. Undoubtedly, Greenhornet is at the ready to take a dump all over the next cell-phone clip that surfaces.

I look forward to the next Jack Danger stream, or getting my game--whichever comes first. I like everything I've seen thus far (was iffy on the non-Alice Frankenstein until I saw how well he's integrated on the LCD).

#4406 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Perhaps the very few people that have them are enjoying their game and don't want to get bitched at for adding to the pool of crappy cell-phone videos (not everyone has a Jack Danger set-up or the know-how to capture good pinball video [I certainly don't anyway]). No way to capture in-person audio either (which I expect is amazing based on TNA). Heck, some of us hardly have any time to play our games, let alone suffer the demands of some Pinsiders. Undoubtedly, Greenhornet is at the ready to take a dump all over the next cell-phone clip that surfaces.
I look forward to the next Jack Danger stream, or getting my game--whichever comes first. I like everything I've seen thus far (was iffy on the non-Alice Frankenstein until I saw how well he's integrated on the LCD).

Thanks for the reply!
I love to see crappy homemade vids it is the real deal. Yes we all love to see the best pinball players with the best pinball equipment in the world Blow a game up.

This just has a strange no video situation going on.

Show some video boys.

Oh ya!! The Jack Danger vid that was pulled was fantastic! meltdown on all levels but fantastic!!!

2 weeks new vid was a long time ago.

Something is not right here.

#4407 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Thanks for the reply!
I love to see crappy homemade vids it is the real deal. Yes we all love to see the best pinball players with the best pinball equipment in the world Blow a game up.
This just has a strange no video situation going on.
Show some video boys.
Oh ya!! The Jack Danger vid that was pulled was fantastic! meltdown on all levels but fantastic!!!
2 weeks new vid was a long time ago.
Something is not right here.

While I agree with that, Spooky did keep us updated on the ramp issues and such they had to work out before considering a new stream. That with TNA production and the ACNC code/system hiccup, it does seem drawn out (thought I may have my game by Aug./Sept. when I got my number), but the clues have been there as to why there has been a delay. Still, there are very few people that have these in their home for an isolated video (is it less than 10 people?).

#4408 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I agree with that, Spooky did keep us updated on the ramp issues and such they had to work out before considering a new stream. That with TNA production and the ACNC code/system hiccup, it does seem drawn out (thought I may have my game by Aug./Sept. when I got my number), but the clues have been there as to why there has been a delay. Still, there are very few people that have these in their home for an isolated video (is it less than 10 people?).

Areed.. Soon we will all see!

#4409 5 years ago

My first attempt at posting a quick video of ACNC.

#4411 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Thanks for posting that. That two ball ghost multiball starting during the mode was neat.

#4412 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Thank you!! Nice job!

#4413 5 years ago

Good for you you are one of the first official amateur vids!!
Thanks.

#4414 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Awesome! Glad to see this in action finally. Thanks for posting these!

Is there a good amount of obstruction in the middle of the playfield? Or is all of it just split level? Seems like it's more based on lower field play.

The graphic work on the LCD is really pretty solid for how early this is in the table's life!

#4415 5 years ago

that ghost screaming got annoying quick! Nice vid thank you for capturing, can’t wait to play at pincinnati

#4416 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Awesome! Glad to see this in action finally. Thanks for posting these!
Is there a good amount of obstruction in the middle of the playfield? Or is all of it just split level? Seems like it's more based on lower field play.
The graphic work on the LCD is really pretty solid for how early this is in the table's life!

The center of the playfield consists of a target bank, flanked by a scoop (left) and mini Danesi lock (right). The more flowing ramps and orbits are to the outside.

#4417 5 years ago

I forget how good the sound and animations are. Many thanks for posting your video.

#4418 5 years ago

loving the sound

#4419 5 years ago

One more video. I’ll practice more.
Lol. The game is a lot of fun. Once the code is done it will be great!!

#4420 5 years ago

Your vids make me even more excited for my purchase! Can’t wait!

#4421 5 years ago

I wonder if a couple of spotlights might brighten up the middle of the playfield? It looks kinda dark and I love to play pinball with lights out.

#4422 5 years ago

The ramp on the upper playfield looks tough (the one behind the drop target used to lock ball 2). It looks like you had a couple of pretty clean shots that didn’t make it, and just wondering if you were ever able to make it off camera?

#4423 5 years ago

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

#4424 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

At the risk of being flamed, I thought while the music audio was good, the 'sound' or game callouts were very poor. With a personality like Alice, I expect more like Scared Stiff w/ Elvira. That's the benchmark of campy horror callouts, and Cassandra nailed it. That could have been anyone reading a script. Hoping it gets better in further releases, but color me unimpressed. I really want to like this game and add it to my horror theme collection, especially being a Spooky. But, right now, leaning more towards MBr.

The voice callouts from Alice are more like somebody leading you through the castle on a tour. This works for me.

#4425 5 years ago

Get an MBr and in 2 years your ACNC (if you order now) will be ready so sell the MBr. Then you can experience both games.

Quoted from robertmee:

#4426 5 years ago

I sold my spot as part of a deal for TRON/GOT LE/Smaug Hobbit. I hope the recipient of my spot really enjoys the game. I have to be honest; part of my sale was I was tired of waiting for news/reviews and I want to read reports of how fun the actual layout is (I'm a little concerned about the shots -- the presentation is A+ but are the shots fun to make?). It's strange that there is such a profound silence surrounding a new release.

I'm still all over this thread because the game LOOKS incredible. Hopefully it ends up being awesome/fun and I can add one to my collection down the line.

#4427 5 years ago

Hello. I may be dreaming but on the old video, I remember that when the ball tap slingshots there was a sound of metal chains resounded. But on these last video it does not look like the case, I found these sounds great.

#4428 5 years ago

That display art is so good. I have a feeling the closest one to me is going to be about 120 miles away, but I'll be seeking it out when they start landing.

#4429 5 years ago

Well my patience is wearing thin so I went ahead and bought myself a MBr LE to hold me over haha.. I was hoping I would have this game by now but now it's looking like Dec/Jan for me at #97..

#4430 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Well my patience is wearing thin so I went ahead and bought myself a MBr LE to hold me over haha.. I was hoping I would have this game by now but now it's looking like Dec/Jan for me at #97..

Think it'll be a long way past that unless they built a lot of them up as far as they could before final parts / better code came in.

I think ~10 have gone to locations and ~5 to homes. At least, it looks that way.

#4431 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Think it'll be a long way past that unless they built a lot of them up as far as they could before final parts / better code came in.
I think ~10 have gone to locations and ~5 to homes. At least, it looks that way.

Yeah I called today and was told they are still in the teens. Originally I was told after Thanksgiving but by the sound of that I’m nowhere near Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Years.. disappointed on this so far but hopefully it will be worth it when it gets here.

#4432 5 years ago

Whoa, Too much mister nice guy. There has been some really great music written for the this pin. The great guitar intro to that song would have been enough to start the mode, but to have to listen to the whole song? and if you don't finish the mode do you hear it all again? I wish this would have just been a straight up nightmare castle. The Alice Cooper aspect of it is this pins biggest detractor imo.

#4433 5 years ago
Quoted from EJ:

The ramp on the upper playfield looks tough (the one behind the drop target used to lock ball 2). It looks like you had a couple of pretty clean shots that didn’t make it, and just wondering if you were ever able to make it off camera?

Monster MB can be started pretty easily. The mini flipper has its adjustable power set much lower than the main flippers. Making the lock shot or backhanding the guillotine shot isn’t a problem. I actually dropped the power setting on mine down one notch.

#4434 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Whoa, Too much mister nice guy. There has been some really great music written for the this pin. The great guitar intro to that song would have been enough to start the mode, but to have to listen to the whole song? and if you don't finish the mode do you hear it all again? I wish this would have just been a straight up nightmare castle. The Alice Cooper aspect of it is this pins biggest detractor imo.

Alice songs end when the mode times out or you drain.

#4435 5 years ago

I look forward to playing this one, but the callouts are very disappointing. Clint (of all people) put more effort/feeling into Dirty Harry than Alice could muster up for his pin. I can't believe whoever was recording the callouts didn't stop and ask AC to try something different rather than completely dead panning them all.

#4436 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The center of the playfield consists of a target bank, flanked by a scoop (left) and mini Danesi lock (right). The more flowing ramps and orbits are to the outside.

Cool, thanks for the answer!

I was checking a bit on TNA, haven't played it much or in a good while. When looking at the playfields of both, are they pretty similar with the long outer loops, and up high playfields? How similar are they in that regard?

#4437 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

but to have to listen to the whole song? and if you don't finish the mode do you hear it all again?

Yep. Sorta like every pin ever made.

Pin designers must be driven insane.

“Not enough music! It’s shit! Needs more songs!”

“Too much music! It’s shit! Needs less songs!”

Aiiiiii

rd

#4438 5 years ago

Yes, not a job I would want nowadays!
I played this game in a fairly quiet environment where I could hear it and it sounded fine to me.
I would say that it could have been a little better in that regard, but it sure as hell ain’t a deal breaker when you look at the whole package!
But, this is Pinside. The drama must go on!

#4439 5 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Cool, thanks for the answer!
I was checking a bit on TNA, haven't played it much or in a good while. When looking at the playfields of both, are they pretty similar with the long outer loops, and up high playfields? How similar are they in that regard?

Hmm...I don't know. I guess that game is also scoop, targets, lock; but it really doesn't feel all that similar to me.

#4440 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Yep. Sorta like every pin ever made.
Pin designers must be driven insane.
“Not enough music! It’s shit! Needs more songs!”
“Too much music! It’s shit! Needs less songs!”
Aiiiiii
rd

It's like that song that played in the video.
Ain't got a girl because he ain't got a car, no car because no job, no job because no car, etc.

If it ain't got a license then I ain't gonna buy it.
Unless it's a band then maybe I'll try it.
If it don't have a ramp then it don't make me damp.
So I'm looking for a pin with a ramp and a band.

Maybe I should have posted this in the Beatles thread...

#4441 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

If it don't have a ramp then it don't make me damp.

LOL!
This must have came from the TNA Thread.

#4442 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

agreed - I mean the music and sound quality are great, the call outs sadly I completely agree with you on, sounds like he was on xanax or something that day, the animations are the best I have seen , the game play, hmmm, despite everyone thinking I am upset because I sold my spot, (not the case) I think people will tire of the play v v fast, huge amounts of cognitive dissonance in this group, but YMMV.... let's see what STDM / Buffalo reviews say when someone can get hold of one.

Can't wait for more codes and more videos, I am allowed to still be really hopeful as would still buy one in 2020 if any come up for resale and improves, love AC!

#4443 5 years ago

ACNC looks way cooler than Beatles gold. LCD has very nice graphics to boot.

#4444 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

agreed - I mean the music and sound quality are great, the call outs sadly I completely agree with you on, sounds like he was on xanax or something that day, the animations are the best I have seen , the game play, hmmm, despite everyone thinking I am upset because I sold my spot, (not the case) I think people will tire of the play v v fast, huge amounts of cognitive dissonance in this group, but YMMV.... let's see what STDM / Buffalo reviews say when someone can get hold of one.
Can't wait for more codes and more videos, I am allowed to still be really hopeful as would still buy one in 2020 if any come up for resale and improves, love AC!

Yeah, I always think people wish to defend that which they invest in, literally in this case. Everything is much more gray, but when you spend thousands on a device, it gets polarizing and adversarial at times. For me, there's always issues and strengths with games, and more often than not I'd rather own most of them, then reject any for specific reasons. I'm iffy on modern Sterns and the Spooky's I've played, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn more about them, rather than be dismissive. I'm getting my first pin today, Houdini, and I'm already aware it's not a perfect table at all.

That said, I agree about the callouts feeling a bit flat, but also Alice is 70 years old. If he can muster any enthusiasm, good on him! And it's a shame he's never had a pin based on him when he was a bit more vibrant and youthful, but better late than never!

#4445 5 years ago

There is no perfect pin people! If you’re looking for it, you should probably find another hobby! I bought this pin because I will probably never see one on the used market where I am and I love the theme and art work and music. Like every other pin, when I tire of it, I may sell it and buy another one. I don’t get all this drama over trivial matters. You don’t like, don’t buy it!

#4446 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

There is no perfect pin people! If you’re looking for it, you should probably find another hobby! I bought this pin because I will probably never see one on the used market where I am and I love the theme and art work and music. Like every other pin, when I tire of it, I’ll may sell it and buy another one. I don’t get all this drama over trivial matters. You don’t like, don’t buy it!

You just only need to find the perfect pinball for you.
MM and TWDLE are perfections for me. Don’t care if they are not for other people.

#4447 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

You just only need to find the perfect pinball for you.
MM and TWDLE are perfections for me. Don’t care if they are not for other people.

And how would you really know that if you never bought it and learned all it’s idiosyncrasies?

#4448 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

The only one suffering from cognitive dissonance here is you! You obviously don’t like it enough to buy, so move on and quit bothering the rest of us!
And I couldn’t care less about what SDTM has to say about it. I don’t need others to tell me what to think about a pinball machine they don’t own!

#4449 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

The only one suffering from cognitive dissonance here is you! You obviously don’t like it enough to buy, so move on and quit bothering the rest of us!
And I couldn’t care less about what SDTM has to say about it. I don’t need others to tell me what to think about a pinball machine they don’t own!

perfectly said, I really dont understand why people practically worship the podcast guys, Hell, most have them havent even been in the hobby like most of us.

I know a lot of people in the hobby/business, and I can say this, If you ask 20 of them what the best game is, you will get 20 different answers. If you ask 100 people, you might get 2 or 3 that agree on the same one.

I sell Spooky games, so some might think that im biased. But if you know me, ill tell you what I think, good and bad. ACNC has a package that no other company has put together in a long time. The art is awesome, in every aspect. Cabinet, Playfield, toys. (Unlike RZ that had a great cabinet and a blah playfield) LCD is every bit as good as any other company out there right now. Call outs, well, just let the pinside drama kick in here. Some like it, some dont, but at least here it is the real deal unlike every other manufacturer that hires voice actors instead of the real actor. Alice is doing the voice, and doing it the way he is.

#4450 5 years ago

Voice acting should be directed. Sometimes you get lucky just handing someone a script (RZ) other times... Not so much.

Alice should be playing a character, the evil mad scientist Lord of a castle (as depicted on the art) Instead he sounds like Nights with Alice Cooper.

The time spent trying to spruce it up greatly exceeds the 1 day and $750 it would have cost to fly someone out to supervise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 210.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/89 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.