20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 114.
#4301 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

My machine #9 with every option ships Monday. I’ll post a ton of pics and video for you.

I thought I was #9 , I must have heard wrong (my hearing is not so great)Doesn’t matter , Kayte told me at the pinball life open house that mine was going on the line that week after expo. So mine went on line this past week ,I should be getting mine soon as well.

#4302 5 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

My machine #9 with every option ships Monday. I’ll post a ton of pics and video for you.

This sounds like the butter cab line is underway, that is great news. Hopefully others will post details as they hear.

#4303 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

wow, we SO need this! Thanks!
Spooky's been patient, we've been patient...time for this pin to rock!

I'd say we've been mostly patient, Spooky has been really dragging on this. Be nice to see an unboxing, some gameplay video and a review or two.

#4304 5 years ago

Cooper and Salvador Dali. I have no idea whats going on in this photo but maybe alices trademark eye make up was inspired by dalis mustache?

Alice Cooper Met Salvador Dali in 1973 (9)[1] (resized).jpgAlice Cooper Met Salvador Dali in 1973 (9)[1] (resized).jpg

#4305 5 years ago

Nice touch Matt!

F3FC8559-0051-4AF4-9F78-2F06C4961FFC (resized).jpegF3FC8559-0051-4AF4-9F78-2F06C4961FFC (resized).jpeg

#4306 5 years ago

Hey - look what showed up....

IMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2007 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2008 (resized).JPGIMG_2010 (resized).JPGIMG_2010 (resized).JPGIMG_2011 (resized).JPGIMG_2011 (resized).JPGIMG_2012 (resized).JPGIMG_2012 (resized).JPGIMG_2014 (resized).JPGIMG_2014 (resized).JPG
#4307 5 years ago

YA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is it that it glows so well by the flipper button area? It's great that it's on the end of the row. Way too cool to not have exposed!

#4308 5 years ago

Do you notice any slight changes in the layout? How's it play?

#4309 5 years ago

You really have to hand it to Spooky, that entire art package on ACNC is some of the best around; it is just really well cool and colourful. It is a shame it is limited to 500, people are going to wish they had one when production finishes.

#4310 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

YA BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How is it that it glows so well by the flipper button area? It's great that it's on the end of the row. Way too cool to not have exposed!

There’s a 5 foot red neon Tron recognizer on the wall that makes everything glow. I usually turn it off for pics but forgot.

I agree - the art package is one of the best ever!

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Do you notice any slight changes in the layout? How's it play?

Just some insert label changes - no geometry changes that I can see.

Hands down this is Spooky’s best game so far!! The upper playfield is the best layout and most fun to shoot of any game I’ve played. The two entrance Frank ball lock is simply genius - perhaps my favorite ball lock ever. The first lock is pretty easy from the left ramp, but the second is a nice challenge with the drop
target and then left upper playfield ramp (the ball 1 lock music is great too). It’s cool that one ball unloads to the bottom playfield and one to the upper while Frank rises with an awesome rollercoaster lift hill chain sound effect. Then Feed my Frankenstein blares from the WAY above average sound system as you hit the ramps to slap around on Frank. The modes are nicely varied - some are ramp shots, some scoops, some upper playfield tasks, some chasing lit shots - I LOVE how the AC songs only play during modes. It’s a motivator to play the mode as long as possible in order to hear more of each song. The Danesi lock is also a fun element and can be fed from the upper playfield which is a nice touch.

The shots are tight as we all know but not pull your hair out of your head Houdini frustrating. I was nervous the first 5 games I played as it was hard to hit the shots - but I improved quickly and like TNA, this game forces me to become better.

I have no problems with display washout and I’m 6’4”. The power supply fan is the same as TNA - some noise while idle, but you don’t hear it while playing.

This is simply a fast, fun, furious and loud game that’s packed with things to do. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the game as is and it’s only going to get better as the code matures.

Thanks team Spooky!!!!

#4311 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

There’s a 5 foot red neon Tron recognizer on the wall that makes everything glow. I usually turn it off for pics but forgot.

Hands down this is Spooky’s best game so far!! The upper playfield is the best layout and most fun to shoot of any game I’ve played. The two entrance Frank ball lock is simply genius - perhaps my favorite ball lock ever. The first lock is pretty easy from the left ramp, but the second is a nice challenge with the drop
target and then left upper playfield ramp (the ball 1 lock music is great too). It’s cool that one ball unloads to the bottom playfield and one to the upper while Frank rises with an awesome rollercoaster lift hill chain sound effect. Then Feed my Frankenstein blares from the WAY above average sound system as you hit the ramps to slap around on Frank. The modes are nicely varied - some are ramp shots, some scoops, some upper playfield tasks, some chasing lit shots - I LOVE how the AC songs only play during modes. It’s a motivator to play the mode as long as possible in order to hear more of each song. The Danesi lock is also a fun element and can be fed from the upper playfield which is a nice touch.
The shots are tight as we all know but not pull your hair out of your head Houdini frustrating. I was nervous the first 5 games I played as it was hard to hit the shots - but I improved quickly and like TNA, this game forces me to become better.
I have no problems with display washout and I’m 6’4”. The power supply fan is the same as TNA - some noise while idle, but you don’t hear it while playing.
This is simply a fast, fun, furious and loud game that’s packed with things to do. I don’t think anyone will be disappointed with the game as is and it’s only going to get better as the code matures.
Thanks team Spooky!!!!

Great quick review. It’s been slow rolling out, but I’m so stoked to be in on this! Can’t wait for 413

#4312 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks team Spooky!!!!

so glad more people are getting a shot to check out this game in a home setting and see how cool it is in person!

Guessing with the increased pace of TNA builds that ACNC will soon ramp up also.

#4313 5 years ago

Anyone know if there will be one of these to play around the Chicago area any time soon? I decided not to go in on this game (not remotely an AC fan) and didn't make it to Expo.

Art and sculpts look amazing. Music and voice seems atrocious. Display looks awesome. Dungeon crawling concept sounds great, but rules are unfinished and quality videos are so scarce. Same with gameplay. Seems clunky and super tight, but hard to tell based on lack of gameplay videos.

Seems like a real mixed bag that frankly could go either way. That said, all this is based on never seeing one in person, so I'd love to check it out whether it makes it onto my buy list or not.

#4314 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Anyone know if there will be one of these to play around the Chicago area any time soon? I decided not to go in on this game (not remotely an AC fan) and didn't make it to Expo.
Art and sculpts look amazing. Music and voice seems atrocious. Display looks awesome. Dungeon crawling concept sounds great, but rules are unfinished and quality videos are so scarce. Same with gameplay. Seems clunky and super tight, but hard to tell based on lack of gameplay videos.
Seems like a real mixed bag that frankly could go either way. That said, all this is based on never seeing one in person, so I'd love to check it out whether it makes it onto my buy list or not.

it was my machine at expo, and I still havent set it back up since coming home. If anyone wants to come to central Illinois and help me set it up, you can give all the tries you want.

#4315 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks team Spooky!!!!

How about the LCD animations? What do you think about quality?

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

How about the LCD animations? What do you think about quality?

I think the comic book animations/illustrations look spectacular.

You can watch several of them (and hear the non-mode music) here:

#4317 5 years ago

Happy Halloween!

alice-cooper-halloween-2000-shirt_1_502277f5ef9e74518e1373426e66abae (resized).jpgalice-cooper-halloween-2000-shirt_1_502277f5ef9e74518e1373426e66abae (resized).jpgc6e790791988a906853a207fa8b09246 (resized).jpgc6e790791988a906853a207fa8b09246 (resized).jpg
#4319 5 years ago

17 full time employees is a pretty large number. I'd imagine production (and perhaps building and refining of prototypes) will indeed be getting a lot quicker.

Next couple of titles will be so important for them now that overheads are getting bigger.

#4320 5 years ago

People have been worried about how many pins Spooky gets out per month. We got our answer. About 50 per month. That makes mine on par for next late fall! On time from what I was told when I ordered.

#4321 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think the comic book animations/illustrations look spectacular.
You can watch several of them (and hear the non-mode music) here:

David Van Es kicks so much ass! Well done!

Aaron
FAST Pinball

#4322 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Happy Halloween!
[quoted image][quoted image]

20181031_160747 (resized).jpg20181031_160747 (resized).jpg
#4323 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

People have been worried about how many pins Spooky gets out per month. We got our answer. About 50 per month. That makes mine on par for next late fall! On time from what I was told when I ordered.

I think it'll be a bit later than that once you factor in the ~150 TNAs they have left to do, plus Xmas / New Year holidays.

I'd imagine it'll take a while to switch over completely to Alice and then work at full speed, once the TNAs are done.

#4324 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think it'll be a bit later than that once you factor in the ~150 TNAs they have left to do, plus Xmas / New Year holidays.

plus the separate run of buttered cabs... separate but together

#4325 5 years ago

I’m in on a buttercab...so it may be later, or earlier...depends on how they do the run. The info just shows they are pretty much on time...but ya, a year+ out.

#4326 5 years ago

This pin desperately needs a good quality stream. Every time a spot opens up, I'm so tempted. But other than the Korean BBQ stream, there really isn't much out there...and that was over 2 months ago. Something about this pin just looks so unique and interesting.

#4327 5 years ago

There are a couple spots open for really great prices. I am contented to stay in for game 219. If they can do 50 games per month I would expect my game in the first half of next year.

#4328 5 years ago

I have a question about gameplay. It looks like this game is very linear. Hit orbits to lock in monster and get through rooms. Hit mode start. Play mode. Rinse wash and repeat. The only exception seems to be that Frankenstein multiball is available at all times. Are there any other scoring opportunities or strategies? That was my only issue with TNA. Just hit this, then this, then that over and over. Nothing else mattered but one shot at a time. Hitting anything else didn't really benefit. I enjoyed AMH where you could work towards qualifying multiple modes at the same time, had minions to defeat, and had stairway multiball all available in any order at any time(for comparison).

#4329 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have a question about gameplay. It looks like this game is very linear. Hit orbits to lock in monster and get through rooms. Hit mode start. Play mode. Rinse wash and repeat. The only exception seems to be that Frankenstein multiball is available at all times. Are there any other scoring opportunities or strategies? That was my only issue with TNA. Just hit this, then this, then that over and over. Nothing else mattered but one shot at a time. Hitting anything else didn't really benefit. I enjoyed AMH where you could work towards qualifying multiple modes at the same time, had minions to defeat, and had stairway multiball all available in any order at any time(for comparison).

A linear game to me is Roadshow or Ghostbusters where the modes have to be played in order - no bueno! ACNC is similar to many other mode-centric pins where you can order the modes however you like, but the main goal is getting to the wizard mode.

In addition to Frank MB, you can also have Crypt MB (Danesi lock) that has it's own objectives (and Crypt MB can run during a normal mode). Another cool feature is you can steal locks (both Frank and Crypt) from other players.

As for hitting the orbits to navigate, I tend to hit one to lock the monster then work towards the secret passage (using Crypt MB if possible).

The game is a lot of fun as is, but my guess is that there will be even more things to do in the game as the code matures.

#4330 5 years ago

@Damonator, thanks for the explanation.

#4331 5 years ago

I am going to have to forfeit my ACNC spot #329 best resonable offer can have it thanks.

Added over 5 years ago:

Sold

#4332 5 years ago

Still on the fence. The animation art looks really great. I hope spooky codes in a video mode (something like bsd's but with zombies) to help make up for the smaller number of shots.

#4333 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I hope spooky codes in a video mode (something like bsd's but with zombies) to help make up for the smaller number of shots.

You will need to play the Zombie mode. It's not a video mode but the same concept, zombies are coming towards you but only the lit shots blast the zombie.

#4334 5 years ago

I look forward to seeing and playing this game for the first time!

#4335 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

This pin desperately needs a good quality stream. Every time a spot opens up, I'm so tempted. But other than the Korean BBQ stream, there really isn't much out there...and that was over 2 months ago. Something about this pin just looks so unique and interesting.

I will see what I can do at Pincinnati. You should just come up and see it for yourself!

#4336 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

smaller number of shots

#4337 5 years ago

I am selling my spot 45...

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (distributor/business) - “Spot 45 -- Ordered with Butter Cabinet and Every option but can probably still switch. Open to offers.”
2018-11-02
Highland Park, IL
750 (OBO)
Archived after: 32 days
Viewed: 982 times
Contributed to Pinside

#4338 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I will see what I can do at Pincinnati. You should just come up and see it for yourself!

Thinking about it. This time of year gets real busy, real fast with activities, especially with kids. I hope to make at least one day of it. Really appreciate your work towards making it happen.

#4340 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

#4341 5 years ago

wow looks so good!

#4342 5 years ago

The Problem with these videos is that the players are all noobs that don’t know the shots. Heck, some players clearly stated that they didn’t know there was an upper playfield. Lol
Not a good indicator of game play compared to someone who actually owned the game.

#4343 5 years ago

The Problem with these videos is that the players are all noobs that don’t know the shots. Heck, some players clearly stated that they didn’t know there was an upper playfield. Lol
Not a good indicator of game play compared to someone who actually owned the game.

Because yes, some of us are new to pinball (which is fair enough) - , I was laughed at by a total c*nt for asking where the ramps are, but its so dark and the ball is not easy to see at the back of the playfield, that I do not think it was an unreasonable question for a newbie as you say! We need better videos, they will come...

#4344 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Because yes, some of us are new to pinball (which is fair enough) - , I was laughed at by a total c*nt for asking where the ramps are, but its so dark and the ball is not easy to see at the back of the playfield, that I do not think it was an unreasonable question for a newbie as you say! We need better videos, they will come...

Yes, ACNC is confusing to figure out at first because so much is hidden. I didn’t, get the layout at first either. All the more reason we need veteran game play videos for analysis. As you say, “they will come”.

#4345 5 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I am going to have to forfeit my ACNC spot #329 best resonable offer can have it thanks.

Price is 500

#4346 5 years ago

It's too bad it's game spots being offered and not the actual games right at this moment.

The game looks and plays great to me; but I am a location player, so I hope to see many more of them in my area. Playable.

I have played ayci Gogi and banning but these places are not near me (Gogi 1.5 hours) or not regularly open. (Banning open a few times a year)

I was just thinking it would be better if the games would be moving not the wait spots.

I know they are coming. So is the next season of game of thrones.

Patience, I have it.

#4347 5 years ago

You should probably make a "For Sale" thread to get potential buyers.

#4348 5 years ago

I think its unflattering videos like the one above that's makes people want to sell their preorder. I cant hear the music or callouts and there are so many bricked shots.

#4349 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think its unflattering videos like the one above that's makes people want to sell their preorder. I cant hear the music or callouts and there are so many bricked shots.

That’s what I meant about noob vs. verteran players. Noobs really make a game look like it plays like shit!

#4350 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

That’s what I meant about noob vs. verteran players. Noobs really make a game look like it plays like shit!

Agreed, but these are actual players, and almost all the videos that come out look like this. So, the problem is if a potential buyer's friends and family also have noob-like skills, you're seeing what will likely happen with the game in their home. Not everyone is buying a game for a single highly skilled player or a group of rabid pinheads. If every video shows casual people bricking shots, you better believe you're going to be watching a ton of casual players brick shots in your basement as well.

None of this says anything good or bad about the game for serious / skilled players, but I think we're seeing what this game will be like for everyone else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 20.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/87?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.