20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 114.
#4051 5 years ago

I got a feeling that once the game gets in full swing, it will turn into a hot one. I know the recent video has been weak but my gut tells me when we see this perform again we will be very pleased.

#4052 5 years ago

I look at this way: when Stern brought aboard Elwin, they hit the jackpot.
Bowen joining Spooky is no different.
TAKE YOUR TIME GUYS!
Rather have it RIGHT than sooner.

#4053 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Rather have it RIGHT than sooner.

True.

#4054 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Bowen joining Spooky is no different

Ok...it's a "*lil bit* insert Bobby Deniro pic here" different.
Obviously heading into Stern with arguably one of the greatest layouts ever is a "slight" advantage for KMFE.
BUT....
WE BELIEVE IN YOU BOWEN!!!

#4055 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

when Stern brought aboard Elwin, they hit the jackpot.
Bowen joining Spooky is no different.

without comparing the 2 men, it's quite different!

Elwin brought his own table design... not only he designed the game, you could say in doing so the game is also tailored for the rules.
Bowen, as much as a genius rule designer he might be, something that I don't care to discuss but must bring up to consideration that so far and as far as I know his proven experience/ability is only as a good player, must deal with the spooky design.

#4056 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

Elwin brought his own table design... not only he designed the game, you could say in doing so the game is also tailored for the rules.
Bowen, as much as a genius rule designer he might be, something that I don't care to discuss but must bring up to consideration that so far and as far as I know his proven experience/ability is only as a good player, must deal with the spooky design.

Elwin’s Maiden is a masterpiece.

#4057 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

100% spot on @fantarama.
the situations are hardly comparable for many reasons, especially your last one. plus, at stern, elwin has a team of experienced software developers and engineers to back him, whereas spooky has fawzma and whoever the 'heck' is in charge of engineering now.

#4058 5 years ago

I really hope Bowen is as good a with rules and design as he is at being a super player (and a really nice guy), but I really had no expectations that Elwin could design as well as he plays. Keith has proven he can excel at both, and it ain't easy, we'll see with Bowen.

#4059 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I really hope Bowen is as good a with rules and design as he is at being a super player (and a really nice guy), but I really had no expectations that Elwin could design as well as he plays. Keith has proven he can excel at both, and it ain't easy, we'll see with Bowen.

from what I have seen already with code on ACNC, Bowen is going to leave his mark on this.

#4060 5 years ago

I'm going to clock some plays on this game tonight at ayci Gogi. Been meaning to and tonight is the night.

Sweet.

#4061 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I'm going to clock some plays on this game tonight at ayci Gogi. Been meaning to and tonight is the night.
Sweet.

Love to hear your feedback. Also LUK what version of code they are running ...

#4062 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Elwin’s Maiden is a masterpiece.

Mark Incitti's The Nightmare Before Christmas, now that's a masterpiece! Not so sure about IMDN, personally speaking

#4063 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Love to hear your feedback. Also LUK what version of code they are running ...

I will I intend on playing an hour on the thing before most anyone arrives. I have a question for spooky I may just call them and see if I can get it answered. It has to do with the tilt setting.
No phone number oh well I will just play then!

The question I had about the tilt was it seemed really sensitive. Last time I played. I will check the code version too for posteritys sake. Also the tilt. But. I'm looking forward it's a great game.

#4064 5 years ago

I thought you Cooper fans might be interested in this new book, from martinpopoff.com

image002 (resized).jpgimage002 (resized).jpg

#4065 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

plus, at stern, elwin has a team of experienced software developers and engineers to back him, whereas spooky has fawzma and whoever the 'heck' is in charge of engineering now.

You just can’t pass up an opportunity to throw some mud at Spooky can you. Luckily, there’s a way I don’t have to listen to anymore of your jibber-jabber. I hope one day you find something more productive to do with your life. So long greenhornet, master of the Pinside trolls.

#4067 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Mark Incitti's The Nightmare Before Christmas, now that's a masterpiece! Not so sure about IMDN, personally speaking

Played NBC at TPF needs a lot of polish! But has good bones!

#4068 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Sweet.

Upload a vid a the pin in the field!!!
No one put any vids up. Let’s go!!

#4069 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Played NBC at TPF needs a lot of polish! But has good bones!

It is very cool. What amazes me is that Mark has really done just about everything himself. A few have pitched in with things here and there but the design, coding and build all in his home here in London, ON. I think that we'll be seeing more of it

Ok, back to Spooky and Team and this beauty, now on deck!

#4070 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

100% spot on fantarama.
the situations are hardly comparable for many reasons, especially your last one. plus, at stern, elwin has a team of experienced software developers and engineers to back him, whereas spooky has fawzma and whoever the 'heck' is in charge of engineering now.

hahhahahaha
sorry...
hahahahaha
Experienced software developers at Stern? How many games can I count that are still missing code or are not even at the v1.0 level? Stern and software are like oil and vinegar, move on you troll.

#4071 5 years ago
Quoted from lancestorm:

Experienced software developers at Stern? How many games can I count that are still missing code or are not even at the v1.0 level?

whether or not stern allocates coders the time and/or resources necessary to complete their games does not mean that their coders lack experience. your argument contains a logical fallacy.

coding on some of xyz companys games remains incomplete.
therefore, xyz companys coders are inexperienced.

that line of thinking isnt going to win you any debates.

your buffoonery also steers clear of the point, which is, when it comes to design/engineering/programming, at spooky there arent many people to turn to if you need help/assistance/insight that may have been garnered from past successes or failures [experience].

stern is not the only company that falls short of completing game code in a timely manner. recent activity in the RZ thread contains comments from people who are upset over the fact that a bug fix software update has been put off for some time now. in addition, the lack of software progress on ACNC has been given as one excuse for both the delay in games shipping and why people havent seen much gameplay for almost half a year now.

#4072 5 years ago

Blah blah
Nothing to see above folks
Just green hornet blabbering again or what I call diarrhea of the mouth

#4074 5 years ago

Is there any truth to chatter that the playfield is being adjusted?

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

do you have a link to this?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 5 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

Just chat

Quoted from Jousley:

No link that I know of. This was a few collectors.

#4077 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

That would make some sense--I'm not buying all this delay is being caused by a ramp quality issue.

#4078 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

That would make some sense--I'm not buying all this delay is being caused by a ramp quality issue.

I am still waiting on a legitimate video .
Bullshit!

#4079 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

No idea. But from what I'm hearing they still need to make revisions to the test games. Upper pf and a custom gate are apparently still causing issues.

#4080 5 years ago

"Apparently, allegedly, rumored" etc...

An honest and open update would be wonderful and would put all of this to rest.

#4081 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

"Apparently, allegedly, rumored" etc...
An honest and open update would be wonderful and would put all of this to rest.

from only 12 days ago...

they are tweaking the ramps. I am not sure how fast people expect things to happen.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We needed to get the ramps clearer... we also needed to improve the cuts. The "bump out" parts I'm pointing at took a couple weeks to figure out how to get to them to draw correctly on the thermal press and improve the mold so it could make the CNC's job more accurate and clean. You can see in the last photo how it looks after. MUCH better! All stuff now done in Benton, and all stuff that takes time to learn.

Hell, Chuck stopped by the charity event in Madison this weekend and specifically made it a point to stop over and check out things on the game we have on route. They are working on stuff, making adjustments, and other fine tune stuff. I am not sure how often people expect updates, but team Spooky provides content more frequently than anyone.

I still cant even get a simple reply from Stern on "what is going on with failure to update code issues and are they looking into it?"

12 days since Chuck posted a substantial status update and people are not claiming he is re-designing the whole game, lol.

#4082 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from only 12 days ago...
they are tweaking the ramps. I am not sure how fast people expect things to happen.

Hell, Chuck stopped by the charity event in Madison this weekend and specifically made it a point to stop over and check out things on the game we have on route. They are working on stuff, making adjustments, and other fine tune stuff. I am not sure how often people expect updates, but team Spooky provides content more frequently than anyone.
I still cant even get a simple reply from Stern on "what is going on with failure to update code issues and are they looking into it?"
12 days since Chuck posted a substantial status update and people are not claiming he is re-designing the whole game, lol.

12 days is an eternity when customers are wanting an update. I get what you're saying, but as a business owner myself, if a customer has a question or concern, I respond the same day, or no later than 12 hours later. I know Spooky et al are extremely busy, but it takes less than 5 minutes to make a blog or forum post, to kill speculation and keep an open dialogue. Do it daily while you sit on the shitter

#4083 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

12 days is an eternity when customers are wanting an update. I get what you're saying, but as a business owner myself, if a customer has a question or concern, I respond the same day, or no later than 12 hours later. I know Spooky et al are extremely busy, but it takes less than 5 minutes to make a blog or forum post, to kill speculation and keep an open dialogue. Do it daily while you sit on the shitter

Keep in mind this game was just REVEALED at TPF in March. It's only been six months! Compared to JJP or CGC, that's a great announce to ship timeframe.

We are all excited and impatient, but I'm pretty sure Charlie is the only pinball company owner who posts updates at all.

#4084 5 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I had no idea about Michael Bay, but did you know that Michael Mann directed The Keep (1983) and the film features a Tangerine Dream soundtrack?
Brad

The keep needs to be seen for Halloween. And the tangerine dream soundtrack is a bonus. I think there is a scream factory new blue ray.

#4085 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Keep in mind this game was just REVEALED at TPF in March. It's only been six months! Compared to JJP or CGC, that's a great announce to ship timeframe.
We are all excited and impatient, but I'm pretty sure Charlie is the only pinball company owner who posts updates at all.

I do appreciate Charlies participation on these forums....don't get me wrong. However that very participation sets up expectations. Spooky should not be compared to anyone but Spooky. It's like saying the hamburger is bad but at least it's not McDonald's bad. Doesn't change the fact it's still bad. So lack of communication is still lack of communication even though it's better than Sterns no communication.

Again, I'm not here to bash Spooky. Been a supporter with my money on two games. But I think we can all admit that ACNC has not gone as well as hoped and because of that some just want a little better explanation. They have their money tied up in preorder or even preship requests and you still don't have a decent game video, or update on these playield issues, or status of the shipping code.

#4086 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

from only 12 days ago...

Post a video of game play. You have the pin do a Mobile phone vid??

What happened to dead-flip coming back in 2 weeks?

#4087 5 years ago

Have you tried contacting them outside of Pinside? I'm not sure this is the best method for those with money down to get information. Or, perhaps there hasn't been an update because there isn't anything to update. In Charlie's last post games were shown on the line and there was mention of ramp issues causing some of the setback. Beyond that we've all been told for some time that they are still working at perfecting the code.

Quoted from frankmac:

Hilton can probably get you guys some pictures or video, but I think people want something high quality. Maybe ask Jack if he's able to do another gameplay video of Alice Cooper.

#4088 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Have you tried contacting them outside of Pinside? I'm not sure this is the best method for those with money down to get information. Or, perhaps there hasn't been an update because there isn't anything to update. In Charlie's last post games were shown on the line and there was mention of ramp issues causing some of the setback. Beyond that we've all been told for some time that they are still working at perfecting the code.

Hilton can probably get you guys some pictures or video, but I think people want something high quality. Maybe ask Jack if he's able to do another gameplay video of Alice Cooper.

Hopefully some video of any type from anyone. I don’t care if the game is good or bad! Just show some video.

#4089 5 years ago

All you have to do is send an email or pick up your phone. Spooky is always responsive. Its baffling that some of you will post a bunch of speculation when you could just contact them instead.

#4090 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

All you have to do is send an email or pick up your phone. Spooky is always responsive. Its baffling that some of you will post a bunch of speculation when you could just contact them instead.

Healthy conversation on a form never hurt anyone! All good, I think people just want to be in the living in the now!!

It is not personal!

#4091 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Healthy conversation on a form never hurt anyone! All good, I think people just want to be in the living in the now!!
It is not personal!

According to Hilton you can go ahead and call products junk on here, I know Hilton will not mind.

#4092 5 years ago

If I happen to by an Alice I'll try to take some more pictures and perhaps a video.

#4093 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sorry, no smart phone.

Also, i respect chuck and know he will have jack back to do something proper.

#4094 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, no smart phone.
Also, i respect chuck and know he will have jack back to do something proper.

Sounds good. 2018 no smart phone? lol.
Hopefully soon on the deadflip vid or any vid.

#4095 5 years ago

"Anticipation leads the way to victory, and is the spur to conquest." - Nicolas Chamfort

Brad

#4096 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sounds good. 2018 no smart phone? lol.

I spend my saved money form no smart phone on more pinball machines.

I spend $27 per month on a basic unlimited talk/txt plan.
That probably saves at least $30 per month. Add on the cost of the phone (which I am sure I would lose or break 1x per year) and we are talking another pinball machine for the sacrifice of no smart phone. Bonus : I am not connected to people in imagination world anymore than I am already

#4097 5 years ago

Flip phones are better ,cheaper , easier to answer , way less (if any ) butt dialing, not always wanting to be updated , less distraction . Smart phones are pretty much a huge waste of money, but hey it’s what the kids are into these days.

#4098 5 years ago

I have a smart phone .

#4099 5 years ago
hphkq (resized).jpghphkq (resized).jpg
#4100 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I spend my saved money form no smart phone on more pinball machines.
I spend $27 per month on a basic unlimited talk/txt plan.
That probably saves at least $30 per month. Add on the cost of the phone (which I am sure I would lose or break 1x per year) and we are talking another pinball machine for the sacrifice of no smart phone. Bonus : I am not connected to people in imagination world anymore than I am already

I'm guessing your next pin isn't going to be "Dialed In?"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/82?hl=arcadevideo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.