20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 114.
#4001 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Damn now I want my spot back Charlie is the man, I can't argue with any of that!

LADIES AND GENTS... WE HAVE A NEW FIRST ON PINSIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously sir, hate you bailed, but I get it... these are huge purchases and you want things the way you want them. I don't wish anyone on this planet harm. Except Green Hornet and the guy who took Godzilla! (holy hell am I kidding).

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Hopefully some of these are ACNCs.

2 of them are. Back to work!

#4002 5 years ago

Let's get back to how much country music fckn SUCKS.

#4003 5 years ago

The Brickyard 400 was rained out on Sun, as was the Florida Georgia Line Concert on Sat. Those nine 12 yr old girls were PISSED.

#4004 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

Damn now I want my spot back Charlie is the man, I can't argue with any of that!

£1,000 to you sir.

#4005 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I don't wish anyone on this planet harm. Except Green Hornet and the guy who took Godzilla!

Jusf the one person then.

#4006 5 years ago

It has 3 SMART drop targets ... ? 2 of them are in line and capable of some cool Scott Danesi like stuff (and maybe even more). The other battles you as you try to get to the working "Feed my Frankenstein" monster physical ball lock on the upper playfield.

Amen sir... it's watching people just attacking each other daily for no reason (and NOTHING they would say or do in person) that just wears me out.
Look, I can get people saying this game has a few tight shots... it does. I can get people who think slapping the ball around on a wide open playfield is "fun" ... it IS fun and makes you feel good. None of that makes you a better player, and no game really needs to do that either. If you like a challenge, those games are out there. If you like simple feel good games, TONS of them available too.
But at no point in time would I ever tell someone they are wrong for liking the type of game they like... and I certainly wouldn't attack, insult, degrade, or argue why they are wrong for liking it. THIS is what gets me fired up when reading this crap.

Happens every day in here. You are right, nobody does. Neither do we for making a game some see "problems" with.

There are no cheap plastic figurines or covers in this game, only real sculpted parts EVERYWHERE. It has 2 interactive toys that are 100% from the Alice universe (Frankenstein and Guillotine), it has more speech from Alice Cooper himself than perhaps any game ever made, a super cool return spiral habitrail, unique ball save (nod to Golden Eye ... Lol) 4 subway access points, 3 smart drop targets, full RBG, and an art package that Alice himself was blown away with.
I really hope that makes fans happy, but .. to each his own. We did our best, and spared NOTHING from the BOM. Code is coming along MUCH better, and I couldn't be happier about that. I hope as the game gets out there more fans get the chance to enjoy it and decide for themselves.
I also hope as Spooky grows, we can just get down to making & selling games with no deposits. This was unthinkable from where we started, but right now we're committed to making TnA's we haven't sold, and that feels pretty great!
Life is good. It's also temporary. It's time to step off Pinside and go do something that truly is good for pinball. Gonna clear a bunch more games for shipping to happy customers!
Be nice to each other. Love is all you need. Peace Love Pinball. Happy happy, joy joy. Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.
Love, Charlie

Right on Charlie! Don’t let the haters get to you, just keep on doing what you’re doing. I appreciate all your passion and working to make this pin the best you can. I love what I’m seeing, as are a lot of other people. Peace out!

#4007 5 years ago

Can anyone post a pic of the final email from Spooky with the final options available and prices?

#4008 5 years ago

So much drama over a game. Most of us probably bought this machine on our own taste an opinions, not anyone else's, be they positive or negative. Some may have seen the potential for a quick flip coming then bailed when it didn't materialize, some may have just thought it was worth the coin to have the option to decide over time without the risk of "missing out". Regardless, it's all fine - we will all survive it. Anyone who feels compelled to make everyone agree with you over something, especially a game should seek professional help (and double quick if you have crossed the line into being a real life creep by tracking anyone's activity or have began an online redesign debate with the manufacturer without consulting the buyers - poor communication personified; critique self before others = get more respect, less resentment).

@ SpookyCharlie: I have not owned a pin for about 13 years. No more than a minimal AC fan and am coming out of "retirement" for this one (#347 - lots of coasting time for my beta testers and I even got some supercool black pinfoots from Mr. Kelly to jazz it up). It's really different, looks fun + you have a great story (like most internet experts, the only things I lack that keep me from smoking you in the pinball biz are spine, talent, and dedication so consider yourself lucky) - and that's enough. Back to the grindstone, man and no more swatting hornets or refereeing purse fights.

P.S. Anyone who disagrees with me is an ******* and all your pins suck.

#4009 5 years ago

But at no point in time would I ever tell someone they are wrong for liking the type of game they like... and I certainly wouldn't attack, insult, degrade, or argue why they are wrong for liking it. THIS is what gets me fired up when reading this crap.

Gotta have a really thick skin to be a pinball manufacturer who cares. Can't be easy trying to glean the constructive feedback and let the rest roll off your back.

#4010 5 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Can anyone post a pic of the final email from Spooky with the final options available and prices?

This from the Pinball Star e-mail:

Add ons and Upgrades
Knocker and Shaker Motor Kits AVAILABLE FROM PINBALL LIFE. Order from Pinball Life, have them sent directly to Spooky and give them your game number to denote on the shipment, - $ 25 covers installation of both kits.
Knocker link: https://www.pinballlife. com/index.php?p=product&id=420 8
Shaker kit link: https://www.pinballlife. com/index.php?p=product&id=470 5
5 Piece Plastic Protector Set - $ 25
Interior cabinet Graveyard Decals - $ 65
Mirror Blades - $ 85
Scary Blue Powder Coat - $ 125
Our standard Silver Vein is stock, jazz it up a notch with some shiny deep blue scary goodness !
Butter Edition cabinet. What is this? Our own recipe ! Cabinets are hand dipped in rich colored inks (no decals), rolled in automotive clear coat protection, and buffed to shiny delicious perfection. - $ 1,000
Operators - Bill acceptor coin door is a $20 upgrade. Coin mechs are $8 each. Coin box and lid are $25.

#4011 5 years ago
BA700F2F-0226-4359-B48B-935110B75837 (resized).pngBA700F2F-0226-4359-B48B-935110B75837 (resized).png
#4012 5 years ago

JOHNNY CASH WEARIN A BLUE SHIRT MY LIFE IS WRECKED

#4013 5 years ago

I don't see how anybody can really evaluate the game and say its a POS when it hasn't been "out there" and the code is nowhere near complete and much farther along than anyone else has seen.

Yes the "code" and integration matters a lot!

I like difficult games and i can remember EVERYBODY hammering TWD at the outset, calling it "the Walking Dud", "clunky", "too hard", except myself of course. Loved it from day one and it became one of the greatest pins ever.

Now we have an excellent theme here with what looks to be fantastic integration of audio and video, and the greatness of Bowen helping guide the gameplay along with Fawzma and team.

Thus, its totally ridiculous to think anybody knows how this game is gonna end up yet. Have a little F ing patience!

#4014 5 years ago

I enjoyed the short time on it at TPF, enough that I put a deposit down and I’m ready to pay the rest!

Faithful #360

#4015 5 years ago

I’m excited as hell to get the game. I have been a fan of Alice Cooper going back to Jr High school. Played at TPF and had a blast. I still enjoy AMH and RZ. The newest code on these games is great!! I am a big supporter of the Spooky team and what they bring to Pinball. Something different is good in my opinion. Kind of tired of the same old stuff!

#4016 5 years ago

Well, I’ll gladly swap for an earlier spot if there are any poor souls with lower numbers out there suffering from uncertainty. If you got a low number but don’t want to be in the back of the line with regret I’m number 97. So if you need to see some time on the street before deciding to drop cash on the balance or lose all together by selling your place drop me a pm.

#4018 5 years ago

It has 3 SMART drop targets ... ? 2 of them are in line and capable of some cool Scott Danesi like stuff (and maybe even more). The other battles you as you try to get to the working "Feed my Frankenstein" monster physical ball lock on the upper playfield.

Amen sir... it's watching people just attacking each other daily for no reason (and NOTHING they would say or do in person) that just wears me out.
Look, I can get people saying this game has a few tight shots... it does. I can get people who think slapping the ball around on a wide open playfield is "fun" ... it IS fun and makes you feel good. None of that makes you a better player, and no game really needs to do that either. If you like a challenge, those games are out there. If you like simple feel good games, TONS of them available too.

Happens every day in here. You are right, nobody does. Neither do we for making a game some see "problems" with.

There are no cheap plastic figurines or covers in this game, only real sculpted parts EVERYWHERE. It has 2 interactive toys that are 100% from the Alice universe (Frankenstein and Guillotine), it has more speech from Alice Cooper himself than perhaps any game ever made, a super cool return spiral habitrail, unique ball save (nod to Golden Eye ... Lol) 4 subway access points, 3 smart drop targets, full RBG, and an art package that Alice himself was blown away with.
I really hope that makes fans happy, but .. to each his own. We did our best, and spared NOTHING from the BOM. Code is coming along MUCH better, and I couldn't be happier about that. I hope as the game gets out there more fans get the chance to enjoy it and decide for themselves.
I also hope as Spooky grows, we can just get down to making & selling games with no deposits. This was unthinkable from where we started, but right now we're committed to making TnA's we haven't sold, and that feels pretty great!
Life is good. It's also temporary. It's time to step off Pinside and go do something that truly is good for pinball. Gonna clear a bunch more games for shipping to happy customers!
Be nice to each other. Love is all you need. Peace Love Pinball. Happy happy, joy joy. Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.
Love, Charlie

Great post Charlie, your love and excitement for the game is evident. I think that's the best form of advertisement. I also want to give you props for staying on here, it's not easy that's for sure.

#4019 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Let's get back to how much country music fckn SUCKS.

B4599156-1EA6-4582-A9C3-CC47FD9D5B41 (resized).jpegB4599156-1EA6-4582-A9C3-CC47FD9D5B41 (resized).jpeg

#4020 5 years ago

Having Bowen on this game is huge.

Look at all his tutorial videos - he totally understands what features and hooks make games great, from a player's perspective.

He is the number one reason I am following this game.

#4021 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Atleast none of us paid $7500 for an 82 F150.

$7500? I think those sold new back in 82 for about 7 grand.

I personally know of 2 folks that swapped their deposits from Deadpool LEs after seeing the game play video. It happens with all games.
I was lucky enough to get to play ACNC at TPF and I liked what I saw. Yes the shots are tight, but I am looking for a game with shorter ball times to put into league play.

Charlie, thanks for the pics!

#4022 5 years ago

#66 spot for sale. 1 day sale only $899.00.

Do not miss out on this. Pm if interested. No trade or spot swaps please.

***This price is insane***

CFCD20D3-24DC-489B-B9DE-634AF76AE0C8.jpegCFCD20D3-24DC-489B-B9DE-634AF76AE0C8.jpeg

#4023 5 years ago

Here's my opinion... people either like the game, or don't. Reviews are about as accurate in pinball as they are music, films, etc etc. We've seen TnA called "an empty refrigerator box", "plays like an E.M.", "one trick pony", ... and on and on. 2017 Pinball News game of the year, multiple best in show wins all over the country, GAME SUCKS! "Overrated hype".
Why? Why bash a game you clearly don't enjoy? Are you trying to prove to others that the game they like, they are WRONG for liking it? Seems like a complete waste of time. Buy what you enjoy, and go have fun with it.
Example... I love music. I spend zero minutes a day on line bashing country music, and trying to convince country fans that heavy f**king metal is the best.
Let's have more fun and dig a little deeper on the ramp thing I just mentioned... Here's that shiny new building across the street and just a few of the things going on now that's it's fully operational (like the Death Star!!!)
We needed to get the ramps clearer... we also needed to improve the cuts. The "bump out" parts I'm pointing at took a couple weeks to figure out how to get to them to draw correctly on the thermal press and improve the mold so it could make the CNC's job more accurate and clean. You can see in the last photo how it looks after. MUCH better! All stuff now done in Benton, and all stuff that takes time to learn.
All the higher end printing and 100% of the powdercoating is now done here as well. Toss in the metal shop business that Spooky supports here in town (didn't exist a year ago) and you're seeing a small village basically helping Spooky become the most self sufficient pinball shop on the planet.
It's not just growing here, it's creating jobs all over town, and in Chicago. And if you think ANY of this is easy... you are crazier than Bryan Kelly.
Peace out. Go play a game you like today and like Dalton in Road House, just be nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you for being here on pinside. Spooky!

#4024 5 years ago

I am anxiously awaiting mine here at rock fantasy what number is shipping now ??

#4025 5 years ago

Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.
Love, Charlie

WTF??

#4026 5 years ago

Had the pleasure of seeing Alice Cooper live last week. He STILL puts on one hell of a good show. Just makes me want Nightmare Castle that much more.

04076148-EEB3-49E7-93A7-059B4E928E66 (resized).jpeg04076148-EEB3-49E7-93A7-059B4E928E66 (resized).jpeg10ED744F-9E7E-4DBB-B25B-DBD7575DBFC9 (resized).jpeg10ED744F-9E7E-4DBB-B25B-DBD7575DBFC9 (resized).jpeg1687D269-C06C-4452-B618-0F0940707D12 (resized).jpeg1687D269-C06C-4452-B618-0F0940707D12 (resized).jpeg497857B7-F4FB-446C-A04A-70C1E539A0E6 (resized).jpeg497857B7-F4FB-446C-A04A-70C1E539A0E6 (resized).jpeg95BC7B93-8BCF-4042-81B5-F97ADD8CB024 (resized).jpeg95BC7B93-8BCF-4042-81B5-F97ADD8CB024 (resized).jpegC8D7AEBF-77A8-4554-8D4E-DEE8B7DD2CED (resized).jpegC8D7AEBF-77A8-4554-8D4E-DEE8B7DD2CED (resized).jpegDE0C96FB-5A79-436C-A96A-5EA271134EBE (resized).jpegDE0C96FB-5A79-436C-A96A-5EA271134EBE (resized).jpegF8921A23-DF73-4F0F-8C85-111AFCE6CFE4 (resized).jpegF8921A23-DF73-4F0F-8C85-111AFCE6CFE4 (resized).jpeg
#4027 5 years ago

Yeah I'm gonna need #394 gone over by Nita Strauss thanks.

#4028 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1536814044355 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1536814044355 (resized).jpg
#4029 5 years ago

"Boyzone are in the house"? Alice Cooper was in Tiger Beat?

#4030 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

"Boyzone are in the house"? Alice Cooper was in Tiger Beat?

Get it right..dude!

CREEM-Magazine-July-1975-Rolling-Stones-Robert-Plant-Queen-Alice-Cooper-Rick-Wakeman-Grand-Funk-11253-p (resized).jpgCREEM-Magazine-July-1975-Rolling-Stones-Robert-Plant-Queen-Alice-Cooper-Rick-Wakeman-Grand-Funk-11253-p (resized).jpg
#4031 5 years ago

Does anyone know what the current shipped number is for ACNC? I figured someone would have posted an unboxing vid by now.

#4032 5 years ago

Still don't think m/any non-location games have gone out. At least, haven't heard about any.

At least one of the more recently shipped location games has been held off being put on location, because the operators feel some things need to be rectified first.

I would imagine they'll announce when they start shipping en masse to normal customers.

#4033 5 years ago

Let me clarify my post above, I was not comparing ACNC to TWD from the standpoint that it will be that great! I hope it will, but it doesn't need to be.

I agree with Kman that you really can't LOVE it or HATE it at this point. How many people have really even played it with updated code?

What i do LOVE about it:

1) The Artwork is sensational

2) Great looking LCD integration and theme

3) The "potential" for GREAT coding with Fozzy and Bowen

All the above make it worth owning for me.

As for "geometry"? Let me take BM66 for example, is it a "geometrical masterpiece". Uh not even close. In fact its relatively elementary and the shots are easy but the game is GREAT, why?

DIFFERENT is good in my book, that's why my Ac/dc and SM Ritchie pins are gone. I don't give a F about "flow". Every pin has "flow" when you hit your shots.

People that don't like it or dropped out for whatever reasons, its always good to hear the negatives in the eye of others but I don't really give a F, I'm sure I'll love it when i get to play it in home!

So let's all rock and roll, there is no right or wrong, only shades of both and somewhere in between.

#4035 5 years ago

F ed up my edit and I'm only on my 3rd beer

#4036 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Get it right..dude!

I just thought the comment in the left corner of the picture was odd. Alice Cooper and Boyzone gracing the same spread. That or the internet is trolling poor Alice.

#4037 5 years ago

Well, my only concern right now is figuring out when I will actually have it in the home. All the recent delays are perfectly understandable at this point besides I still can’t get past reactor 3 so I got some time to kill Hahaha. Would like to see a little more communication on timelines with ACNC from Spooky but at the end of the day I have my game on the way so that’s all that matters at this point.

#4038 5 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Does anyone know what the current shipped number is for ACNC? I figured someone would have posted an unboxing vid by now.

I don’t think any shipped to homeowners.

#4039 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I don’t think any shipped to homeowners.

I think this is correct.

#4040 5 years ago

Just send me one and I will make you a video!

For sure...

#4041 5 years ago

Digression. Sorry I was thinking it would be cool to hear some Alice cooper. Right now.

#4042 5 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was thinking it would be cool to hear some Alice cooper. Right now.

how about 'schools out':

Well we got no choice
All the girls and boys
Making all that noise
'Cause they found new toys
Well we can't salute ya
Can't find a flag
If that don't suit ya
That's a drag

Well we got no class
And we got no principles
And we got no innocence
We can't even think of a word that rhymes

#4043 5 years ago

"You don't like my pictures, or my game. Realllllly!"

FB_IMG_1537370992063 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1537370992063 (resized).jpg
#4044 5 years ago

If anyone on here has a lower number and is looking to buy a little time to round up cash for your balance let me know. I'm #97 and am probably looking at after thanksgiving for delivery, so if you have a lower number and want to switch spots to buy some time for yourself hit me up.

#4045 5 years ago

I've got a much lower number and I'm not convinced I'll have it before Thanksgiving. I thought we would be seeing some more unboxing videos by now.

#4046 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I've got a much lower number and I'm not convinced I'll have it before Thanksgiving. I thought we would be seeing some more unboxing videos by now.

Agreed. #48 and final payment was sent but no word yet. Now this has the buttered cab, so that takes time but not sure if they ran some ahead or not. Hurry up and wait

#4047 5 years ago

#33. No payment request yet.

#4048 5 years ago

#35 butter no payment request yet...

#4049 5 years ago

So I emailed KT to get a timeline. She quickly responded and said that there were ramp issues that caused a delay. She said the first non "testing games " are on the line now. I was looking to see if I would get the game before Halloween and she said I would be looking at more like after thanksgiving. When exactly don’t know, just a ballpark for mine.

#4050 5 years ago

All I know is that they are working crazy hours to try to make this game amazing for everyone. They have a great team, but finding additional staff in a town with a population under 1,000 isn't easy. They are a very small business, but I think they are the 2nd or 3rd largest employer in Benton.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 300.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 14.00
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 81 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/81?hl=markymark2400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.