20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 114.
#3951 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Mark, relax, you DID make the right decision. For you.

Nah - he made the wrong decision.

But his loss is your gain - congrats!

This game rocked way back when I played it at TPF - we all know Spooky is just trying to add the final polish before cranking these out in mass.

#3952 5 years ago

I think you missed the point, i was referring to the link about a PR nightmare, and referring to the DMs I get from lots of members, it seems people are afraid to say how they really feel in this forum, and that is a shame, possibly I understand that as Charlie reads these posts, and I would not want to offend him or anyone else but I don't need reassurance about my decision , I am really grateful that you bought it off me, Matt, and happy with my Iron Maiden, I think Spooky are great, and wish them luck, I am intrigued to see the final product, it was just not a pin that appealed to a beginner like me from what I can see so far.

Not jumping on anyone's fun here by pointing out that posting links about PR disaster's is rather passive aggressive..? It looks like a fun pin, and you are right I can not comment as I have not played it.

#3953 5 years ago

Any news on a live stream anytime soon.

#3954 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Nah - he made the wrong decision.
his loss is your gain.

reckless was he? no, there is another.

and another,
and another...

Quoted from BudManPinFan:

A few people freaking out about every opinion/comment/video that gets posted and second guessing themselves.

reality check.
more than just a few.
they cant all be making the 'wrong' decision as well, can they?

35 travisbmartin.. [sold off]
45 mr86 ........... [offered 4sale]
59 mjalexan ...... [offered 4sale]
62 norcalrealtor .. [sold off]
64 nikpinball ...... [offered 4sale]
66 frankmac ...... [offered 4sale]
113 tbutler6 ....... [offered 4sale]
114 adborto ....... [offered 4sale]
123 markymark2400 .. [sold off]
263 jhagen ........ [sold off]
286 loserkid3 ...... [offered 4sale]
323 swampfire .... [offered 4sale]
329 bellbrand ...... [offered 4sale]
343 product-of-74 .. [offered 4sale]
394 2kaulitz ........ [sold off]
xxx pinstein .. nonumber [sold off]

It’s frustrating for those of us that are really excited about this game to put up with the negative comments/innuendo from these people.

sorry, but the main source of buyers frustrations appears to lie elsewhere.

so much moxie exhibited in this thread that everything and everybody will be fine/OK. very encouraging.

#3955 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and another,
and another...

reality check.
more than just a few.

so much moxie exhibited in this thread that everything and everybody will be fine/OK. very encouraging.

I was trying to ignore all the Pinsiders callin you a dick. First time I've been wrong since 1997, thanks.

#3956 5 years ago

***Moderated*** and your list dude

#3957 5 years ago

OK guys. Lets keep the back and forth civil here. Please take personal disagreements to PM or be issued an eject from this thread.

I find the data from Greenhornet interesting. I think that folks just changed their minds on the title. IMDN and DP ended up being hits for Stern during this time. If 16 of 400+ people are not happy with their purchase, they they have the right to move the pre-ordered game. It has been now stated and we shouldn't harp on this data.

Maybe Charlie could post a nice pic of the line at Spooky to get folks excited about the title again.

#3958 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

it was just not a pin that appealed to a beginner like me from what I can see so far.

Yep, understand that. That’s what I meant by right choice for you. Although, having seen you in the Maiden thread, you will need to get the hang of a bit of tinkering at some point. Everyone does - part of the fun!

Not jumping on anyone's fun here by pointing out that posting links about PR disaster's is rather passive aggressive..?

Yes, that’s one way of putting it. But your “boom!” and applause smiley gave the impression you approved of that. Apologies if I misunderstood.

#3959 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and another,
and another...

reality check.
more than just a few.

Wow, thanks for the info I did not know there where so many pre-orders for sale and it looks like 3 pins are lower than #66 if correct.

#3960 5 years ago

The last video with dead_flip was tough for me as a lot of shots seem to still hit the posts a lot. I know people will say play better but it looked like a lot of bricked shots at times. Maybe if the shots were a bit wider or some of the post were stand up targets or drop targets it would be a better situation.

Artwork : 100%
Music-callouts- love it

Maybe there are some changes being made never know. In the meantime TNA is a blast!

#3961 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Ok, let's say that is all true, then why not more transparency instead of all the secrecy? This pin had been expected to ship in numbers since early summer.

I doubt that secrecy is th problem. I'd bet that they have a couple hundred of TNAs to ship out. A company like Spooky needs to fill the older orders first. Maybe they got a bit ahead of their skis but I wouldn't worry.

#3962 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I find the data from Greenhornet interesting.

I find it interesting also, as he tries to make is appear negative but those numbers are resoundingly positive.

Many of those people are known flippers that look to grab and sell for a quick flip so glad to see many of them getting out, many of those seem to be casual mentions in passing that they are thinking of selling and not actual FS adverts yet his verbiage shows his vendetta (e.g. "sold off" hence his desire to give everything a connotation of negative spin and that each seller if looking to run away, lol) , only .032% of the whole edition size has been supposedly offered for sale (and almost 50% of those seem to have sold easily), we are talking about people that sold a deposit spot which many bought in so they could decide later and only a really small portion appear to have decide the game was not for them. Funniest part is again the creep factor of trolling with this guy. He has been tracking my personal trips on vacation and now keeping a spreadsheet of every ACNC deposit spot that is even mentioned for sale in passing.

I can hardly wait till he has another video to watch and critique for everyone.

If anyone wants to ACTUALLY play the game come check it out on route. 1st round is on me and I have the keys so we can crank up the sound (sound system is great on this game) if we go to the bar at an off time so you can hear it better

#3963 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

The last video with dead_flip was tough for me as a lot of shots seem to still hit the posts a lot. I know people will say play better but it looked like a lot of bricked shots at times. Maybe if the shots were a bit wider or some of the post were stand up targets or drop targets it would be a better situation.
Artwork : 100%
Music-callouts- love it
Maybe there are some changes being made never know. In the meantime TNA is a blast!

I have to agree with this and I totally understand why people are selling. I am a huge Alice Cooper fan and I wanted to buy this pin so badly, but the more video I watched, the more I realize, I cannot pull the trigger on this game. In my opinion, this layout has no flow and has many amateur mistakes. Visually this pin is an absolute winner, but like the prior two layouts from Spooky, I just don’t see the fun or flow. One of my biggest issues with ACNC is that similar to RZ, this game utilizes an awkward mini playfield??? In general miniplayfield are the most difficult thing to pull off in pinball........more times than not, they destroy a game. Why is Spooky so focused on them?? My only thought is inexperienced designer. In addition, I think think this pin lacks excitement. I am an Alice Cooper fan because I like to rock! This pin and it’s call outs have me falling asleep. I hate to be negative as I know a lot of hard work went into making this game, but for me this is another theme I love, that Spooky ruined for me. I really hope that I get to play it soon and I am proven 1000% wrong! I will be the first to come on here and apologize. I still love Spooky and all that they stand for and it’s obvious they are improving with every game. I cannot wait until the day when I can support their cause.

#3964 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

and another,
and another...

reality check.
more than just a few.

You don’t like the pin, it’s not your cup of tea, that’s fine! There’s pins I don’t care for that other people love, but you don’t see me posting a bunch of negative aspersions and innuendo about the game. Since you seem convinced there’s problems with this pin I honestly don’t know why you just don’t move along and leave the rest of us in peace. You seem to get your satisfaction by constantly coming on here and stiring shit up.

#3965 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:Funniest part is again the creep factor of trolling with this guy...now keeping a spreadsheet of every ACNC deposit spot that is even mentioned for sale in passing.

He does have a very unhealthy obsession with this. Life is too short, you don’t like something, leave it alone and move on to something you do like.

Quoted from Whysnow:

If anyone wants to ACTUALLY play the game come check it out on route. 1st round is on me and I have the keys so we can crank up the sound (sound system is great on this game) if we go to the bar at an off time so you can hear it better

WHAT!! Actually play the game before you come on here and start critiquing it? That’s just CRAZY talk!! Then all these people won’t be able to come on here and whine about things they have no first hand experience with.

#3966 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I am a huge Alice Cooper fan and I wanted to buy this pin so badly, but the more video I watched, the more I realize, I cannot pull the trigger on this game.

My exact situation. Had money ready to send in once i saw the art and heard about the really cool rules and ideas..... then I saw the gameplay.

#3967 5 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

I have to agree with this and I totally understand why people are selling. I am a huge Alice Cooper fan and I wanted to buy this pin so badly, but the more video I watched, the more I realize, I cannot pull the trigger on this game. In my opinion, this layout has no flow and has many amateur mistakes. Visually this pin is an absolute winner, but like the prior two layouts from Spooky, I just don’t see the fun or flow. One of my biggest issues with ACNC is that similar to RZ, this game utilizes an awkward mini playfield??? In general miniplayfield are the most difficult thing to pull off in pinball........more times than not, they destroy a game. Why is Spooky so focused on them?? My only thought is inexperienced designer. In addition, I think think this pin lacks excitement. I am an Alice Cooper fan because I like to rock! This pin and it’s call outs have me falling asleep. I hate to be negative as I know a lot of hard work went into making this game, but for me this is another theme I love, that Spooky ruined for me. I really hope that I get to play it soon and I am proven 1000% wrong! I will be the first to come on here and apologize. I still love Spooky and all that they stand for and it’s obvious they are improving with every game. I cannot wait until the day when I can support their cause.

I actually like RZ but I completely understand why others don't. It's different, shoots weird, etc. But to me the modes are super fun and I love the theme integration. I'm not sure how anyone could say AMH is not fun though.

#3968 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

My exact situation. Had money ready to send in once i saw the art and heard about the really cool rules and ideas..... then I saw the gameplay.

Have you actually played one?

#3969 5 years ago

I played the game a couple of times at different shows and enjoyed it I did not think the gameplay was bad I thought it was good with some cool shots which convinced me to buy spot 64 from a friend a few days ago.

#3970 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Maybe Charlie could post a nice pic of the line at Spooky to get folks excited about the title again.

Great idea!

Took some time to get the code & a few parts (ramps mostly) to the point we are satisfied, but it's moving quicker and we used the time to crank hard on TnA to get more out there.

We literally have a small mountain of games to build... between TnA & Alice, it's the most work we've ever had on the schedule. I'm calling that a GREAT thing!

For the very few who seem obsessed to believe (and want you to believe) the sky is falling, our contribution to pinball in the last 5 years is over 1,000 games. 1,000 negative posts I suppose takes time too, but I think this is MUCH more positive for pinball.

Be nice to each other. It's really not that hard. Pinball.... ? Yeah, THAT'S hard.

20180911_083232 (resized).jpg20180911_083232 (resized).jpg20180911_083331 (resized).jpg20180911_083331 (resized).jpg20180911_083403 (resized).jpg20180911_083403 (resized).jpg20180911_083448 (resized).jpg20180911_083448 (resized).jpg
#3971 5 years ago

You don’t like the pin, it’s not your cup of tea, that’s fine! There’s pins I don’t care for that other people love, but you don’t see me posting a bunch of negative aspersions and innuendo about the game.

sorry, but the post you quoted of mine did not contain a single comment about the physical game.

i made 3 points, none of them negative.

1] that after being singled out most of the day for selling his preorder position, markymark2400 was not the only person who had either sold, or at one time offered for sale, their position. there are at least 15 others.

2] that the main causation of frustration is not coming from 'these people'.

3] commending those who continue to fight the good fight.

i go out of my way to write and review my posts so that they do not violate site rules. but, when a single person can chime in, pretending to be upset when i have given him no reason to be, all the while calling me a dick and telling me to go f myself; if that type of behaviour on his part is all that is required to turn my post into a 'trolling' one, then i have reason to be disappointed with him.

Since you seem convinced there’s problems with this pin

if you would like to discuss/argue the merits of the game with someone who is on record as disliking ACNC, look no further than this mornings insightful review by thedarkknight77; immediately above your post.

#3972 5 years ago

^blah blah blah blah more brown hornet.

Can't wait to play AC again. Hopefully at the York show.

My #337 tna has GOT to be hiding in that pic somewhere!!!

#3973 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry, but the post you quoted of mine did not contain a single comment about the physical game.
i made 3 points, none of them negative.
1] that after being singled out most of the day for selling his preorder position, markymark2400 was not the only person who had either sold, or at one time offered for sale, their position. there are at least 15 others.
2] that the main causation of frustration is not coming from 'these people'.
3] commending those who continue to fight the good fight.
i go out of my way to write and review my posts so that they do not violate site rules. but, when a single person can chime in, pretending to be upset when i have given him no reason to be, all the while calling me a dick and telling me to go f myself; if that type of behaviour on his part is all that is required to turn my post in a 'trolling' one, then i have reason to be disappointed with him.

if you would like to discuss/argue the merits of the game with someone who is on record as disliking ACNC, look no further than this mornings insightful review by thedarkknight77; immediately above your post.

Why are you wasting so much of your life on this nonsense? Serious question. What is it exactly that you are getting out of this?

#3974 5 years ago

Here's my opinion... people either like the game, or don't. Reviews are about as accurate in pinball as they are music, films, etc etc. We've seen TnA called "an empty refrigerator box", "plays like an E.M.", "one trick pony", ... and on and on. 2017 Pinball News game of the year, multiple best in show wins all over the country, GAME SUCKS! "Overrated hype".

Why? Why bash a game you clearly don't enjoy? Are you trying to prove to others that the game they like, they are WRONG for liking it? Seems like a complete waste of time. Buy what you enjoy, and go have fun with it.

Example... I love music. I spend zero minutes a day on line bashing country music, and trying to convince country fans that heavy f**king metal is the best.

Let's have more fun and dig a little deeper on the ramp thing I just mentioned... Here's that shiny new building across the street and just a few of the things going on now that's it's fully operational (like the Death Star!!!)

We needed to get the ramps clearer... we also needed to improve the cuts. The "bump out" parts I'm pointing at took a couple weeks to figure out how to get to them to draw correctly on the thermal press and improve the mold so it could make the CNC's job more accurate and clean. You can see in the last photo how it looks after. MUCH better! All stuff now done in Benton, and all stuff that takes time to learn.

All the higher end printing and 100% of the powdercoating is now done here as well. Toss in the metal shop business that Spooky supports here in town (didn't exist a year ago) and you're seeing a small village basically helping Spooky become the most self sufficient pinball shop on the planet.

It's not just growing here, it's creating jobs all over town, and in Chicago. And if you think ANY of this is easy... you are crazier than Bryan Kelly.

Peace out. Go play a game you like today and like Dalton in Road House, just be nice.

20180911_085637 (resized).jpg20180911_085637 (resized).jpg20180911_085733 (resized).jpg20180911_085733 (resized).jpg20180911_085806 (resized).jpg20180911_085806 (resized).jpg20180911_085820 (resized).jpg20180911_085820 (resized).jpg20180911_085913 (resized).jpg20180911_085913 (resized).jpg20180911_090017 (resized).jpg20180911_090017 (resized).jpg
#3975 5 years ago

This is just another example of people rushing to line up on a pin afraid that they are going to miss out on something.

Charlie even said up front, "don't put the deposit down unless you are sure you want one"....."and if not sure then you should wait to play it and decide later".

It's hard to see another route here that Spooky could take. Next time the people lining up with deposits will be much shorter and the sales will play out the way they probably should.

Still will end up in the same place sales wise overall.

#3976 5 years ago

So when I heard this title was coming out, I wanted nothing to do with it, could care less if I ever saw it let alone played it. Im not an Alice Cooper fan at all and have not really liked any Spooky games that have been made, code, shots, art etc. So fast forward to a couple weeks ago when I stopped by Ayce Gogi (Best food in town and great pins) to play 4 new pins he has that I had not played. Pirates from JJP, Deadpool, Aliens and Alice Cooper. I really have to say, played them all but kept coming back for Alice, I liked the story, progression of modes, flow, yes it has some decent flow, great shots and the animation is very nice. I can't believe if I had to rank them of what I would buy it would be, Alice, Deadpool and Pirates tied for second and then Aliens. Guys if you have pre-orders stay with it, I would say 75 percent of you will keep it for a while when you get it. This again is my opinion, but I'm surprised I liked it so much. It really does not play like the previous Spooky pins. I guess like they say, never judge a game without playing it first. Good job Spooky guys and gals.

#3977 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I liked the story, progression of modes, flow, yes it has some decent flow, great shots and the animation is very nice.

Sincerely... thanks, but you haven't seen where it's going. Nobody "in the wild" really has yet. It has taken a while for the team to learn how to gel together (new talent on board), but we have, and it's paying off daily.

#3978 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Sincerely... thanks, but you haven't seen where it's going. Nobody "in the wild" really has yet. It has taken a while for the team to learn how to gel together (new talent on board), but we have, and it's paying off daily.

Thanks for the update. I'm patiently waiting for #407. Keep up the good work and try not to get too bogged down in the muck and mire that is this site sometimes.

#3979 5 years ago

As Arizona was getting whacked on Saturday, I noticed that Houston's punter is from Bunyip, Australia. Is that how Dave got his nickname?

And no matter how much you contort your finger, Taylor Reese still has you beat.

#3980 5 years ago

........... TnA called "an empty refrigerator box" ......

If Scott doesn't run with this theme idea for game 2, it's going to be a massive disappointment.

#3981 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Bunyip, Australia. Is that how Dave got his nickname?

Sort of... he's Aussie, and a fairly mythical monster (which is also Spooky). Kinda just works!

#3982 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

If Scott doesn't run with this theme idea for game 2, it's going to be a massive disappointment.

Think of the flow!

#3983 5 years ago

Sort of... he's Aussie, and a fairly mythical monster (which is also Spooky). Kinda just works!

I didn't even know about the monster until I threw things into Google to spell check. Very cool that it all ties together.

#3985 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I didn't even know about the monster until I threw things into Google to spell check.

You never saw Dot and the Kangaroo as a kid? That bunyip used to give me nightmares!

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

He wasn't being singled out for selling his spot, he was being singled out for continually dropping in the thread to let everyone know it. Most people sell their spots and move on with life, but he seems to keep dropping in the thread trying to justify himself. It's actually quite humorous to go and read all of his comments in this thread. My favorite was him asking if the game had ramps a full 2 months after he put down a deposit.

I have nothing against Markymark2400 - but please, just move on brother. I would suggest waiting to play a game in person before putting down a deposit in the future.

And yes, there have been a few spots sold off just like there have been on EVERY pre-order game ever made. I suspect some people got tired of waiting, others found something else to buy or whatever. I don't care. 16 spots out of 500 seems pretty good to me actually.

#3987 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

He wasn't being singled out for selling his spot, he was being singled out for continually dropping in the thread to let everyone know it. Most people sell their spots and move on with life, but he seems to keep dropping in the thread trying to justify himself. It's actually quite humorous to go and read all of his comments in this thread. My favorite was him asking if the game had ramps a full 2 months after he put down a deposit.
I have nothing against Markymark2400 - but please, just move on brother. I would suggest waiting to play a game in person before putting down a deposit in the future.
And yes, there have been a few spots sold off just like there have been on EVERY pre-order game ever made. I suspect some people got tired of waiting, others found something else to buy or whatever. I don't care. 16 spots out of 500 seems pretty good to me actually.

16 of 400+ is less than 4%. 4% trying to walk away by selling their spots, considering some of the names he gave, is actually a very good thing and shows the success of this title. Back in greenhornet's face it appears.

#3988 5 years ago

"He wasn't being singled out for selling his spot, he was being singled out for continually dropping in the thread to let everyone know it."

Evidence is ? What a couple of posts? Must be the crushing disappointment of how the playfield turned out, no bumpers, no drop targets, no flow etc... that made me want to vent...

My last point was simply that people PM'd me a lot about the fact they thought the pin was crap, had sig problems and as a new forum member I had no idea why this was not able to be discussed here in the forum?

I now see that the culture of bullying is pervasive here, god forbid anyone expresses a negative opinion, oh god forbid you don't say it's just such a great pin - you get trolled, this is a forum ABOUT the pin, not a fan club for the pin. And I know that Spooky reads the posts and for that I have sympathy that we should be encouraging, but then where do we go to make general comments about the pin if we have changed our minds etc?

It's actually ridiculous that it has to be so one sided. No-one was more gutted than me, who had been waiting for years for a pinball with an AC theme, having been a massive AC fan for 20 years. I could not believe it when I heard it was being made. But the general theme is be positive or STFU, that is outrageous! Isn't this mainly an American forum, where is your freedom of expression now?

I am entitled to put down a deposit without knowing how the game would flow, as you know there were pretty much zero videos out when we had to put down a deposit. And I agree I would not do that again. But you live and learn.

"My favorite was him asking if the game had ramps a full 2 months after he put down a deposit."

Haha, so amusing!

The point is you can hardly make any ramps out because the ball disappears from what I could see, and that to me is not satifsying and has been echoed by many others. I am generally a very positive person and think Spooky are on the whole great, I am just sad that I am not allowed to talk about my experience of losing faith in how the pin turned out and how I sold my spot and bought an IM.

"I have nothing against Markymark2400 - but please, just move on brother. I would suggest waiting to play a game in person before putting down a deposit in the future."

I'm not your brother.

But I will say the tempers and comments flying now are sure making this much more interesting a place to visit!

#3989 5 years ago

So many words.......

#3990 5 years ago

Evidence is ? What a couple of posts?

7+ posts

I now see that the culture of bullying is pervasive here

That's hilarious that you think your are being bullied. Please show me where I called you a name or tried to prevent you from speaking. I'm actually being quite kind honestly.

I am just sad that I am not allowed to talk about my experience of losing faith in how the pin turned out

Again, you are free to do whatever you like - just as I am. Brother.

#3991 5 years ago

Shut up, Charlie! I'm trying to resist temptation here! Seriously, it is so awesome to see how you are growing as a company and adding jobs to your community. I hope Bug realizes the character and integrity that his father is demonstrating.

#3992 5 years ago

Pretty sure the bullying remark was referring to me and green bee. I was wrong to speak to him like that. Wasn't trying to bully anyone, but it came across that way. Sometimes, and you guys aren't gonna believe this,...I type before I think.
This is a forum, we are all entitled to our opinions.
I guess I can understand guys bailing with the wait time. What I don't understand is guys that put a deposit down without ever seeing or playing this title, then seeing some crappy tournament vid, and then bailing. And yes, that's exactly what I did with Maiden. I knew I was 100% in, no matter what. Woulda been had it turned to shit too.
I knew after putting about 10 games on ACNC at MGC that I wanted this title; badly. I just never thought it was financially possible. Having a high # made it possible.
Atleast none of us paid $7500 for an 82 F150.

#3993 5 years ago

Here's my opinion... people either like the game, or don't. Reviews are about as accurate in pinball as they are music, films, etc etc. We've seen TnA called "an empty refrigerator box", "plays like an E.M.", "one trick pony", ... and on and on. 2017 Pinball News game of the year, multiple best in show wins all over the country, GAME SUCKS! "Overrated hype".
Why? Why bash a game you clearly don't enjoy? Are you trying to prove to others that the game they like, they are WRONG for liking it? Seems like a complete waste of time. Buy what you enjoy, and go have fun with it.
Example... I love music. I spend zero minutes a day on line bashing country music, and trying to convince country fans that heavy f**king metal is the best.
Let's have more fun and dig a little deeper on the ramp thing I just mentioned... Here's that shiny new building across the street and just a few of the things going on now that's it's fully operational (like the Death Star!!!)
We needed to get the ramps clearer... we also needed to improve the cuts. The "bump out" parts I'm pointing at took a couple weeks to figure out how to get to them to draw correctly on the thermal press and improve the mold so it could make the CNC's job more accurate and clean. You can see in the last photo how it looks after. MUCH better! All stuff now done in Benton, and all stuff that takes time to learn.
All the higher end printing and 100% of the powdercoating is now done here as well. Toss in the metal shop business that Spooky supports here in town (didn't exist a year ago) and you're seeing a small village basically helping Spooky become the most self sufficient pinball shop on the planet.
It's not just growing here, it's creating jobs all over town, and in Chicago. And if you think ANY of this is easy... you are crazier than Bryan Kelly.
Peace out. Go play a game you like today and like Dalton in Road House, just be nice.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Well Charlie, this is a pinball forum so naturally people discuss why they like or dislike games. It’s just the avenue for it. If you’re saying don’t be mean about it then we can agree. But if people stop numeration issues or dislikes about a game this forum would be just one long hype/advertisement thread.

#3994 5 years ago

not 7!

"good luck to spooky, seem like a dedicated hard working company! I sold my deposit on, but keen to see how it all turns out " A fair and nice post. Then i said yes passive agrressive stuff going on plus I reiterated I sold it on, I apologise for rep...

as a newbie I seek support in what for a lot of us are pins that cost the earth, I don't deserve damnation for expressing an opinion, it's as the last poster said not an advertising forum. Anyway I think I will F O now.

#3995 5 years ago

"
The point is you can hardly make any ramps out because the ball disappears from what I could see, and that to me is not satifsying and has been echoed by many others. I am generally a very positive person and think Spooky are on the whole great, I am just sad that I am not allowed to talk about my experience of losing faith in how the pin turned out and how I sold my spot and bought an IM.

One of my favorite things in pinball is having the ball disappear for a bit (it allows my imagination to draw me into the game). Whether it be behind awesome sculpts like ACNC, a subway, under another ramp such as Swords of Fury, etc. In SoF, I always love seeing the ball disappear through that right ramp and pop out on the upper playfield.

If the ball disappears and your mind goes blank, well, it's the exact opposite for me, so I can only be left feeling that you're missing out on half the magic of pinball. It's like a Hitchcock scene where a violent moment is suggested, but not 100% shown. It allows your mind to create something far greater than what could be shown. Do I just want to see a ball go up a ramp in plain view, or do I want to see it enter a castle and give me the visual of the ball going on an adventure through what the screen suggests is inside? If a magician does a trick, do you want to see the method as it's being done, or would you prefer the magic of being fooled?

I did end up getting an Iron Maiden while I wait, but I'm undoubtedly most excited for ACNC. Pinside has proven that NO game is universally loved, and not every game has to try to make the most people happy (Stern plays it too safe IMO)--that would make for an awful game selection.

I for one am glad that we're seeing more imagination out of Spooky than just a pop-nest on a bare fan layout.

#3996 5 years ago

It has 3 SMART drop targets ... ? 2 of them are in line and capable of some cool Scott Danesi like stuff (and maybe even more). The other battles you as you try to get to the working "Feed my Frankenstein" monster physical ball lock on the upper playfield.

Quoted from kvan99:

If you’re saying don’t be mean about it then we can agree.

Amen sir... it's watching people just attacking each other daily for no reason (and NOTHING they would say or do in person) that just wears me out.

Look, I can get people saying this game has a few tight shots... it does. I can get people who think slapping the ball around on a wide open playfield is "fun" ... it IS fun and makes you feel good. None of that makes you a better player, and no game really needs to do that either. If you like a challenge, those games are out there. If you like simple feel good games, TONS of them available too.

But at no point in time would I ever tell someone they are wrong for liking the type of game they like... and I certainly wouldn't attack, insult, degrade, or argue why they are wrong for liking it. THIS is what gets me fired up when reading this crap.

I don't deserve damnation for expressing an opinion

Happens every day in here. You are right, nobody does. Neither do we for making a game some see "problems" with.

having been a massive AC fan for 20 years

There are no cheap plastic figurines or covers in this game, only real sculpted parts EVERYWHERE. It has 2 interactive toys that are 100% from the Alice universe (Frankenstein and Guillotine), it has more speech from Alice Cooper himself than perhaps any game ever made, a super cool return spiral habitrail, unique ball save (nod to Golden Eye ... Lol) 4 subway access points, 3 smart drop targets, full RBG, and an art package that Alice himself was blown away with.

I really hope that makes fans happy, but .. to each his own. We did our best, and spared NOTHING from the BOM. Code is coming along MUCH better, and I couldn't be happier about that. I hope as the game gets out there more fans get the chance to enjoy it and decide for themselves.

I also hope as Spooky grows, we can just get down to making & selling games with no deposits. This was unthinkable from where we started, but right now we're committed to making TnA's we haven't sold, and that feels pretty great!

Life is good. It's also temporary. It's time to step off Pinside and go do something that truly is good for pinball. Gonna clear a bunch more games for shipping to happy customers!

Be nice to each other. Love is all you need. Peace Love Pinball. Happy happy, joy joy. Bryan Kelly is my spirit animal.

Love, Charlie

#3997 5 years ago

Damn now I want my spot back Charlie is the man, I can't argue with any of that!

#3998 5 years ago

Gonna clear a bunch more games for shipping to happy customers!

Hopefully some of these are ACNCs.

#3999 5 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Hopefully some of these are ACNCs.

ACNCs with extra butter, please!

#4000 5 years ago

@spookycharlie, great update, this is what I have been waiting for!

Of course you are right on point with all of your comments regarding how people can treat each other and how some dog pins but I am here for the updates so thank you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 210.00
$ 300.00
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.