20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 114.
#3852 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Wouldn't this be cool as an attraction mode!?

Alright I gotta get to Wizards World in Ft. Wayne already.

#3853 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

That artwork is amazing! Can you imagine if there was some way to update Rob zombie’s screen to a full LCD and have a new animation package for the game with this style of artwork?!?! It would be killer!

It's perfectly possible, at a cost. The problem is mainly that someone has to do a lot of work on new art and animations. Hardware would be easy.

#3854 5 years ago

Dead flip stream of ACNC 2.0 anytime soon?

#3855 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Dead flip stream of ACNC 2.0 anytime soon?

It was said to be 2 weeks from the last one. 4 weeks will be this Monday.

I suspect they'd like to have considerable progress to show (fixed spinner and some other shot issues), and more to the point code that's a lot further along.

Bonus would probably be having Bowen there to coincide.

Given those things, I doubt 2 weeks made sense when they actually thought about it. Plus they have to liaise with DF.

I understand TILT in Minneapolis are getting one soon. I'd be surprised if Rudy Soup doesn't stream that on the Buffalo Pinball channel.

#3856 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It was said to be 2 weeks from the last one. 4 weeks will be this Monday.
I suspect they'd like to have considerable progress to show (fixed spinner and some other shot issues), and more to the point code that's a lot further along.
Bonus would probably be having Bowen there to coincide.
Given those things, I doubt 2 weeks made sense when they actually thought about it. Plus they have to liaise with DF.
I understand TILT in Minneapolis are getting one soon. I'd be surprised if Rudy Soup doesn't stream that on the Buffalo Pinball channel.

I watched the post-tournament video of AC at Ayce Goge (?) last night. The 9 minute video posted previously of the various music really had me wanting to see some gameplay. The video I watched showed super bare code. Stern gets destroyed when they ship early code and this was very early. The biggest things that stuck out was one player shooting the center target over and over to change monster, and then shooting loops over an over changing the rooms. Somebody remarked how a lot of that isn't in there yet. The Frankenstein locks and multiball are there and working, but there was one instance of something odd going on.

All in all I think this will be like BM66. A steady increase in features and code because Fawzma is a dedicated person. There are two things you can't change, layout and art. I think those are covered, so no worries there. The display is amazingly well done. It might be the most attractive display presentation I have ever seen in a game. The custom music, based on that 9 minute video is this really cool mesh of old surf music and rockabilly, which works really well. I have to admit that I had the disco song tormenting me as I tried to fall asleep last night. Probably because that was one of the only modes people were able to get into.

I was really, really looking forward to having one of these local. My business partner was in the upper 300's and this was close to his dream theme. He passed away a few weeks ago and I just can't pick up the torch on his spot after buying out his side of the business. I know there will be a few others in state and maybe one day one will make its way to Tucson. If nothing else, I played it at TPF 2018 and will be very happy to play it again there in 2019.

#3857 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

We already went over this last night Lance. When you buy a pre-order spot for this work of art, it just kinda happens.
Regards,
Mr. Jizzly

So quality and craftsmanship is not there.

#3858 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A steady increase in features and code because Fawzma is a dedicated person.

Just wait... it's only getting started. Fawzma is dedicated, and having Bowen on board to help get that dedication put to the best possible use has been INCREDIBLE! Always some speed bumps on this stuff when learning to be a team, but we are... all of us. And it's ONLY GETTING BETTER. Bunyip on animations, Fawzma on code, Bowen on direction, Scott as another set of eyes. My only job is to make sure the talent is all better than I am and keep it together.

You'll see some new features, some refinement of old stuff, and a whole lot more diversity in the code. Just taking what exists and making it less repetitive and more FUN!

We lost a lot of time and work on the system change back in February, and some learning along the way, but it's coming together... you've seen hints of that, but lots more to come! The differences since the streams that have gone out are immense, and still much to do.

Patience will be rewarded for everyone... and not just on Alice. We intend to clean up all our games when time allows. For a team this small, we're doing just fine.

#3859 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Just wait... it's only getting started. Fawzma is dedicated, and having Bowen on board to help get that dedication put to the best possible use has been INCREDIBLE! Always some speed bumps on this stuff when learning to be a team, but we are... all of us. And it's ONLY GETTING BETTER. Bunyip on animations, Fawzma on code, Bowen on direction, Scott as another set of eyes. My only job is to make sure the talent is all better than I am and keep it together.
You'll see some new features, some refinement of old stuff, and a whole lot more diversity in the code. Just taking what exists and making it less repetitive and more FUN!
We lost a lot of time and work on the system change back in February, and some learning along the way, but it's coming together... you've seen hints of that, but lots more to come! The differences since the streams that have gone out are immense, and still much to do.
Patience will be rewarded for everyone... and not just on Alice. We intend to clean up all our games when time allows. For a team this small, we're doing just fine.

Just so it's clear, none of what I wrote was meant as a dig. Improvements have been made, and noted. One thing I can point to is the magnetic ball save. At TPF I had it grab the ball, hold it, and fling it straight up just a little. From the IEpinball video that has obviously been tweaked. That's just one of the things.

My biggest goal early on with a new pin is how are the goals presented, and can I learn them based on what the game has to offer. Example: I didn't get the skill shot slot machine wheels at first. I thought it was a 3-part series you had to do to complete the skill shot (because hey, Rob Zombie). Turns out within a few balls I figured out that it was going to pick 3 shots and you had to hit one of those shots, maybe within a certain time (i.e, NOT Ghostbusters) to collect the skill shot. Another example, shoot the center to select your monster, shoot the loops to move through the mansion. It's on the screen, and those are the inserts blinking. That might not be the final setup, but the information is there.

Keep doing your thing. In Spooky we (I) trust.

#3860 5 years ago

Given how busy you and your team are the fact you jumped on my TNA trouble shoot so quickly and patiently walked me through fixing it speaks volumes of your dedication to not only building the games but the service you provide. I am a spooky fanboy for sure now!

#3861 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Just so it's clear, none of what I wrote was meant as a dig

Didn't take it that way at all. Thanks for the support!

Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Given how busy you and your team are the fact you jumped on my TNA trouble shoot so quickly and patiently walked me through fixing it speaks volumes of your dedication to not only building the games but the service you provide

We always do our best to resolve EVERY issue! Hate when things break, love it when they get fixed. Plus our service tech Chris is pretty damn good at his job.

#3863 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

It's perfectly possible, at a cost. The problem is mainly that someone has to do a lot of work on new art and animations. Hardware would be easy.

Man - somebody pick an acceptable price and start working on it. I’m in Maybe we should put this on the Rob zombie thread

#3864 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

Man - somebody pick an acceptable price and start working on it. I’m in Maybe we should put this on the Rob zombie thread

I’ve said this for months! Rob Zombie with higher resolution graphics would be KILLER!

I truly hope that one day that someone takes the plunge and does it. This mod would be an instant buy for me. I’m certain that at some point Fawzma will fully flesh out his apron mod which I’m sure will have added gameplay features. That too will be a purchase from me.

The theme is cool as hell. Add these two things and it the game is pushed over the top.

Gameplay is non standard and brutal but that’s part of the draw for me.

If nothing else this could help to fund the R&D for the next game or help to purchase equipment that could help them become even more efficient in making games.

#3865 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

But what would the uptake be? Who would do it, other than Fawzma? He's already run off his feet coding ACNC, then he has RZ to finish off ... then presumably his spare time will be taken up with finishing his RZ apron display mod's code and assets.

I think you can forget it for the time being at least, unless someone (or several people) within the community decides they want to do it and have the relevant skills and time.

#3866 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But what would the uptake be? Who would do it, other than Fawzma? He's already run off his feet coding ACNC, then he has RZ to finish off ... then presumably his spare time will be taken up with finishing his RZ apron display mod's code and assets.
I think you can forget it for the time being at least, unless someone (or several people) within the community decides they want to do it and have the relevant skills and time.

Agreed. I don’t actually think it will ever happen, but I will still keep a little hope

#3867 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1535119234904 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1535119234904 (resized).jpg
#3869 5 years ago

No more talk about the gameplay from owners yet?

#3870 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Are any games in non route holders yet? It looks like all the first games are all on location. Would love to hear a review from somebody with a game in their home. You can judge music, callouts, and game play better that way IMO...

#3871 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Are any games in non route holders yet? It looks like all the first games are all on location. Would love to hear a review from somebody with a game in their home. You can judge music, callouts, and game play better that way IMO...

Did you see this?

#3872 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Did you see this?

I did, but thought that was a game on location.

#3873 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

We set up ACNC #2 on route in Madison on Thursday afetrnoon. Code has come a long way since the last time i Played it at Allentown and is pretty fun already. With twenty games last night, i am dialing in shots and it is butter smooth, challenging at first, but quickly find the shots and wow is it fun. Needed a few small tweaks and likey a few more over time, as every route game needs them. I am liking it much more than I initially thought I would. I can see the Bowen polish already happening and this game is going to be great one at full code.

By far spooky best layout and shooter IMHO. To me the shots are what matters and with Bowen at the helm and teamed up with fawzma, i am getting excited for what comes. I feel very lucky that we have one on route and get to watch it grow over the next few months.
Game is located at Marias on East wash fr anyone wanting to check it out. They open at six PM tues through sunday and if you get there at open you can hear the game well. Please text us if you experience any hangups or bugs as we report everything to team spooky so they can make adjustments and code tweaks as they go.

#3874 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

We set up ACNC #2 on route in Madison on Thursday afetrnoon. Code has come a long way since the last time i Played it at Allentown and is pretty fun already. With twenty games last night, i am dialing in shots and it is butter smooth, challenging at first, but quickly find the shots and wow is it fun. Needed a few small tweaks and likey a few more over time, as every route game needs them. I am liking it much more than I initially thought I would. I can see the Bowen polish already happening and this game is going to be great one at full code.
By far spooky best layout and shooter IMHO. To me the shots are what matters and with Bowen at the helm and teamed up with fawzma, i am getting excited for what comes. I feel very lucky that we have one on route and get to watch it grow over the next few months.
Game is located at Marias on East wash fr anyone wanting to check it out. They open at six PM tues through sunday and if you get there at open you can hear the game well. Please text us if you experience any hangups or bugs as we report everything to team spooky so they can make adjustments and code tweaks as they go.

From the videos, it looked like players got the hang of the shots as they played more games.

I won't get my game for quite some time, but what tweaks have you done so far?

Too bad no games on route in Houston or NOLA...

#3875 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

From the videos, it looked like players got the hang of the shots as they played more games.
I won't get my game for quite some time, but what tweaks have you done so far?
Too bad no games on route in Houston or NOLA...

Just all standard adjustments. Nothing game specific thus far other than messing with the left scoop kick out to try and get trajectory consistently predictable. I think next code will tweak defaulT power to help that. Only issue thus far is sling arms jumping out of sling rubber. Those are getting tuned down in next code (they are crazy fast action now, lol).

I do plan to make a swamp acceelerator type foam wedge to put in the subway so the ball comes a bit quicker from center entrance.

Found on our game a pitch of 6.7 to 6.9 is perfect. Pitch is important in this game to find the swwet spots for flow of shots.

#3876 5 years ago

So that said Charlie- you think there’s any chance of updated Bunyip animations on Rob Zombie down the line? Would happily pay a handsome ransom!

#3877 5 years ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

So that said Charlie- you think there’s any chance of updated Bunyip animations on Rob Zombie down the line? Would happily pay a handsome ransom!

There's no way they'll do it officially. Think that has already been stated in fact.

It would be absolutely mad to devote official resources to it when they'd lose money and more importantly man hours.

If it ever gets done, it'll be a community / passion project.

I say that as someone who has an RZ and would like to see it happen some day, but expect nothing. If it does, I'd expect years down the road and completely unofficial.

Code's more important to RZ anyway.

#3878 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I am pretty excited to play this game at home also . Playing games on route is fun and games are showing up at really cool locations but I do hear games much better at home .Well done sound and call outs can really make the whole experience better.
My game should be done soon so I will get a chance for home play in the near future . I hope anyone on the fence about getting one these has a chance to check it out and play it so they can decide if the game is what they are looking for . Anyone in my area should not be afraid to pm me and ask if they can check this game out sometime after I get mine .

#3879 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am pretty excited to play this game at home also . Playing games on route is fun and games are showing up at really cool locations but I do hear games much better at home .Well done sound and call outs can really make the whole experience better.
My game should be done soon so I will get a chance for home play in the near future . I hope anyone on the fence about getting one these has a chance to check it out and play it so they can decide if the game is what they are looking for . Anyone in my area should not be afraid to pm me and ask if they can check this game out sometime after I get mine .

Wish I was closer.

#3880 5 years ago

Is there a week or two holiday in the States? No word on what's happening at Spooky.

#3881 5 years ago

This month is packed with holidays, and I imagine they are taking some time to prepare for 8/30 - Frankenstein day!

August, 2018 Daily Holidays:

1 National Girlfriends Day

1 National Mountain Climbing Day

1 National Raspberry Cream Pie Day

2 National Ice Cream Sandwich Day

3 Grab Some Nuts Day

3 International Beer Day - First Friday in August

3 National Watermelon Day

4 Campfire Day - First Saturday in August

4 International Hangover Day - First Saturday in August

4 National Chocolate Chip Cookie Day

4 U.S. Coast Guard Day

4 National Clown Day - Satuday during International Clown Week

4 National Mustard Day first Saturday

5 Friendship Day - First Sunday in August

5 International Forgiveness Day - First Sunday in August

5 National Underwear Day

5 Sisters Day - First Sunday in August

5 Work Like a Dog Day

6 Wiggle Your Toes Day

7 National Lighthouse Day

8 Sneak Some Zucchini onto Your Neighbor's Porch Day - now that's nasty!

9 Book Lover's Day

10 Lazy Day

10 National S'mores Day

11 Presidential Joke Day

11 Son and Daughter Day

12 Middle Child's Day

13 Left Hander's Day

14 National Creamsicle Day

14/15 V-J Day - which date do you celebrate as the end of WWII?

15 Relaxation Day - now this one's for me!

16 National Tell a Joke Day

17 Chinese Valentine's Day/Daughter's Day - 7th day of 7th Lunar Month

17 National Thriftshop Day

18 Bad Poetry Day

18 National Honey Bee Awareness Day - Third Saturday

19 Aviation Day

19 National Potato Day

20 National Radio Day

20 World Mosquito Day

21 National Spumoni Day

21 Senior Citizen's Day

22 Be an Angel Day

22 National Tooth Fairy Day - and/or February 28

23 Ride the Wind Day

24 Vesuvius Day

25 Kiss and Make Up Day

26 National Dog Day

26 Women's Equality Day

27 Global Forgiveness Day

27 Just Because Day

28 Race Your Mouse Day -but we are not sure what kind of "mouse"

29 More Herbs, Less Salt Day

30 Frankenstein Day

30 Toasted Marshmallow Day

31 National Eat Outside Day

31 National Trail Mix Day

#3882 5 years ago

Happy Race Your Mouse day everyone!
Came round quick this year didn’t it?

#3883 5 years ago

I really wish there was one of these near me to try, it seems like there's a bunch of sale right now, and the theme looks pretty cool. I guess that's a problem with limited releases like this.

#3884 5 years ago

Dude. Alice himself did over 800 call outs for this. Bowen freakin Kerins is on board. What else do ya need to know?
I bet Bellbrand would take $700-$750 for her spot, she's had it up awhile.

#3885 5 years ago

Chicago Expo is right around the corner. If you've never been, you should def check it out, at least once. Byob + 24 hr pinball with 100+ machines. It's like heaven. For alcoholic nerds.

#3886 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Chicago Expo is right around the corner. If you've never been, you should def check it out, at least once. Byob + 24 hr pinball with 100+ machines. It's like heaven. For alcoholic nerds.

F’n A .

#3887 5 years ago

Anyone get any new payment requests? Just curious if we've made it past 40-ish yet.

#3888 5 years ago

I was surprised to hear that none of the butter cabs had been started and now we have to wait for that. This could have been something that was prepaid, non-refundable and started a while back.

Unfortunately this only further delays ours at #48 and we are fully paid now.

Just impatient is all...

#3889 5 years ago

Are we not way overdue for an un-boxing video? Surely someone other than an insider must have received one by now.

#3890 5 years ago

ACNC spot/pin number#66 is up for sale at no extra cost to the buyer.. PM me.

#3891 5 years ago

I send one and only one email to Kaytee earlier today to get an estimated month on game 113. Will share what i hear.

#3892 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I was surprised to hear that none of the butter cabs had been started and now we have to wait for that. This could have been something that was prepaid, non-refundable and started a while back.
Unfortunately this only further delays ours at #48 and we are fully paid now.
Just impatient is all...

I went with the "I can't believe you didn't get butter" cabinet, so hopefully there's no delay on that. Looks like the Scary Blue powder coat hardware is on the production line too. I feel like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to show up for Halloween.

#3893 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I send one and only one email to Kaytee earlier today to get an estimated month on game 113. Will share what i hear.

I’m #108, so I’m looking forward to hearing what they say. I checked about a month ago and they didn’t want to even venture a guess back then.

#3894 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I went with the "I can't believe you didn't get butter" cabinet, so hopefully there's no delay on that. Looks like the Scary Blue powder coat hardware is on the production line too. I feel like Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin to show up for Halloween.

After reading about the delay on these, we almost changed it to unbuttered popcorn, but we've waited this long...

I want to watch the special now! Checking YT now...

#3895 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I’m #108, so I’m looking forward to hearing what they say. I checked about a month ago and they didn’t want to even venture a guess back then.

bowen is a math teacher.
he should be able to assist spooky with their forecasting.

forecast03 (resized).jpgforecast03 (resized).jpg
#3896 5 years ago

Guys. Pour yourselves a double shot of Tito's and relax. It's gonna be a minute.
Good things come to those who wait!

#3897 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

bowen is a math teacher.
he should be able to assist spooky with their forecasting.[quoted image]

Wow, never seen a picture of Bowen before. lBlue is definitely his color.

#3898 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Wow, never seen a picture of Bowen before. lBlue is definitely his color.

Must be wearing a wig!

#3899 5 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

cool! I'm #106 so our pins should be on the line together almost side by side! looking forward to hearing the estimate as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.