20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 114.
#3701 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think this is pretty creative from a physical standpoint...

Personally I find this very cool and it’s a nice change from multiball beginning from a shooter lane or from the same scoop.

People have mostly been complaining about how he looks, and limited visibility, not the function.

But either way, I'm not bothered. To me the display artwork and animation and no doubt coming further integration look better than any toy could. So the budget went in the right direction IMO. Also an area where Stern (who have a very similar display setup) have been fairly lazy or lacking - so a good target competitively.

#3702 5 years ago

so, at the DeadFlip broadcast there was a moment that the playfield got darker, like it always looked on other pictures and videos before, and Jack adjusted something on the top and the light/life came back to the art... as shown in the attached picture.
I was pretty confused I have to say... since the begining, because the art looked pretty different, like way more colorful that anything seen before, and you go figure!, at that moment in which the illusion was exposed.
now looking at the iepinball video it becomes apparent again... althought in both videos we can see the wireform shadows in the playfield, but the DeadFlip is bluer.

I really have to ask, did you guys actually used a blue light in the DeadFlip stream?

spooky (resized).jpgspooky (resized).jpg
#3703 5 years ago

After watching the latest Twitch stream, I am still Ok with my preorder. It looked that players got better with the tight shots as they put more games on the machine. I also learned a ton about the rules.

Game is still pretty glitchy, but looks like a blast to play. Charlie and Co will work those out way before I get mine.

#3704 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

After watching the latest Twitch stream, I am still Ok with my preorder. It looked that players got better with the tight shots as they put more games on the machine. I also learned a ton about the rules.
Game is still pretty glitchy, but looks like a blast to play. Charlie and Co will work those out way before I get mine.

It was very fun. I did have to try some shots but I did find some of them. I want one too.

#3705 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

From my experience with game this is true , shots were tough at first but once you get in a groove and figure them out and it flows nicely . It is not an easy game and missed shots won’t be rewarded , just the way I like it .

#3706 5 years ago

Spooky makes some challenging games. I own a RZ and it’s a tough SOB. It keeps me hitting the start button though. I’m excited I get a chance to play ACNC this week!

#3707 5 years ago

I watched the video of the game play, I have to say congrats to Spooky I think this is their best game yet. It's really a departure designs wise from the other games. it's a complete package, art, music and pf design. I've been critic of Spooky games in the past, but now I have to give credit when it's due. Nice Job!

#3708 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I was at the tournament yesterday and got 6 games on it. Yes the shots are tight, but by games 5 and 6 the shots starting getting easier. Pretty much everyone who played it on the stream were playing it for the first time, so you would expect a lot of bricked shots. I expect that scores will skyrocket as people get more familiar with the shots and rules.

Most shots did not score anything, but once you got into modes and learned which shots to go for they were quite lucrative(and admittedly highly unbalanced in current early code). You could play 5 minutes and still have a score of 100k and then all of a sudden hit a shot for 10 million.

Even with early code and glitches, I can say I think this is Spooky’s best game by a mile. Where I find Houdini’s tight shots somewhat frustrating, I find Alice Cooper shots challenging and exciting. It was a fun time at the tournament.

B96115C1-ECDB-41F4-A570-E1953AA1765F (resized).jpegB96115C1-ECDB-41F4-A570-E1953AA1765F (resized).jpeg

#3709 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

so, at the DeadFlip broadcast there was a moment that the playfield got darker, like it always looked on other pictures and videos before, and Jack adjusted something on the top and the light/life came back to the art... as shown in the attached picture.
I was pretty confused I have to say... since the begining, because the art looked pretty different, like way more colorful that anything seen before, and you go figure!, at that moment in which the illusion was exposed.
now looking at the iepinball video it becomes apparent again... althought in both videos we can see the wireform shadows in the playfield, but the DeadFlip is bluer.
I really have to ask, did you guys actually used a blue light in the DeadFlip stream?
[quoted image]

Different lighting and different cameras will produce different images . Also the GI in the game changes color . But go ahead and start a conspiracy theory , the internet loves that shit .

#3710 5 years ago

FYI ,Last nights tournament used bright warm white overhead lighting. In fact, I believe they turned on additional overhead lights for the final. That is why the two streams look different.

#3711 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Different lighting and different cameras will produce different images . Also the GI in the game changes color . But go ahead and start a conspiracy theory , the internet loves that shit .

well, as I said... in the live stream, the look of the game went back to normal for a moment before Jack adjusted something on top of it and the color came back to it. there's that. and to say what I'm talking about is GI is plain silly. it's not.
not a conspiracy theory, just asking... yisus!, no need to get defensive.

#3712 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

well, as I said... in the live stream, the look of the game went back to normal for a moment before Jack adjusted something on top of it and the color came back to it. there's that. and to say what I'm talking about is GI is plain silly. it's not.
not a conspiracy theory, just asking... yisus!, no need to get defensive.

To compare two different streams using different lighting situations and different cameras (set up differently) is also just plain silly . When You use the word “illusion “ you imply that there is some sort of trickery being used by the presenter to fool the Viewer . I am not getting defensive I am merely trying to point out why the streams may look different ( instead of jumping to conclusions).

#3713 5 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I am merely trying to point out why the streams may look different

I understand that, and what you point out makes sense.
I just wish there was a clip from the DeadFlip stream at the moment that light got off, so you could see what I'm talking about with your own eyes. once that spotlight goes off, there's no so much difference between both streams, even considering there are different cameras and light setups.
I'm just asking if them went to the length of using a blue light.
And when I say "illusion" more than implying I'm describing the impression it gave me... but yeah you could take it like that. I doubt anyone who catched it would feel much different about it.

#3714 5 years ago

Watched the stream again last night at work, really like the look of this game and like TNA it’s clear Spooky are getting more and more awesome with each release, now bring on the classic horror themes and take my money.!

#3715 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I understand that, and what you point out makes sense.
I just wish there was a clip from the DeadFlip stream at the moment that light got off, so you could see what I'm talking about with your own eyes. once that spotlight goes off, there's no so much difference between both streams, even considering there are different cameras and light setups.
And when I say "illusion" more than implying I'm describing the impression it gave me... but yeah you could take it like that. I doubt anyone who catched it would feel much different about it.

Ok, I played the game several times at AYCE and Dead Flips image you posted is much more accurate than IEs. The field has like an “Ice Blue” look like a graveyard but that’s only 1 mode. There are many drastic lighting modes where the field turns all Red, etc for each mode you unlock.

I’m guessing DF probably adjusted the OBS settings, cuz he likes to do that. So that’s most likely what you witnessed.
Did you see the Alien he had in his pocket tho?

#3716 5 years ago

What does OBS setting mean?

Added over 6 years ago:

Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a free and open-source streaming and recording program maintained by the OBS Projec

#3717 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I was there. There was no special blue light or anything like that. Jack does bring some pretty standard white lighting, but my impression is that's just to maintain consistency, versus relying on whatever house lights are available where he's setting up. The only discussion I recall about lighting during the evening was something like, "Should we leave the house lights on or shut them off?" "Let's shut them off." "Okay." Behind the scenes Spooky and crew were simply focused on trying to provide everyone a glimpse of the most up to date code possible.

#3718 5 years ago

Topper in waiting.
A topper wearing a topper.

DA9111D0-A00E-47AC-8041-CBE981D4F0CD (resized).jpegDA9111D0-A00E-47AC-8041-CBE981D4F0CD (resized).jpeg
#3719 5 years ago

Streaming pinball with a good framerate takes good lighting. It is hard to do it, that is why Jack tries to standardize his setup. He even has a tutorial on how to do it.

http://www.deadflip.com/howtostreampinball/

At the top are pictures of his setup, you can see what lights he uses.

Quoted from fantarama:

[quoted image]

#3720 5 years ago

White balance could've been off on my setup. I brought some extra lights but they were adding too much glare on the glass to use, and the black ceiling was absorbing too much to bounce off of. We ended up bumping the house lights up just before the stream to improve the quality.

#3721 5 years ago

thanks for the actual responses about the illumination doubt.
so there was a light, not a blue light, a led white one.

it's funny how I question the difference in light/look of the game and some jump at it calling me delusional or saying it's the different cameras and how can I not realize it, how silly and conspirator I am asking about it... and then the modes and GI explanations. ... even when I specify that at a moment in time this light went off (meaning it was on all the time, no modes) and Jack adjusted something on top of the playfield and the light went on again.
but how I dare to question this sacred game! funny stuff.

among the irrelevant five thousand pictures of Alice Cooper the musician in the gallery of this thread there are some of the game, go check the color hue.

#3722 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

it's funny how I question the difference in light/look of the game and some jump at it calling me delusional or saying it's the different cameras and how can I not realize it, how silly and conspirator I am asking about it... and then the modes and GI explanations. ... even when I specify that at a moment in time this light went off (meaning it was on all the time, no modes) and Jack adjusted something on top of the playfield and the light went on again.
among the irrelevant five thousand pictures of Alice Cooper the musician in the gallery of this thread there are some of the game, go check the color hue.

Don't take it to heart man, I feel that others tend to operate on the assumptions that everyone else has the same knowledge as themselves.

I don't mess with cameras much, I am more of an audio guy, but from what little streaming/ recording of pinball that I've tried to do lighting is everything.

#3723 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Topper in waiting.
A topper wearing a topper.
[quoted image]

That’s cool should look great!

#3724 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

does the monster do anything?? theres no real toy?

The monster which raises up is not the innovation. The innovation is the ball locking mechanism. It's pretty cool, but I'm a fan of finding ways to use the same shot in multiple ways. Here you're basically getting a ramp that can be shot in either direction and diverted from either direction. In this case the "multi-directional diverter" is used to feed physical ball locks, however it would be a shame if it were a one-and-done innovation. I could see this design being used in orbits to create some amazing combos.

#3725 5 years ago

Sold another ACNC in NZ.

That’ll be 4x ACNC coming on NZ - more than WOZ, Hobbit, DI and probably some of the stern pins.

Thanks to NZ customers for supporting Spooky!

rd

#3726 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That’ll be 4x ACNC coming on NZ - more than WOZ, Hobbit, DI and probably some of the stern pins.

It's all in the distributor... that guy is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3727 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

It's just differences in colour temperature, exposure, gamma, and the camera's sensor they're using.

The left one is fairly poorly exposed using warm light. The right (Dead Flip) is well exposed using neutral light. Think it may also be webcam vs camcorder.

#3728 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

The left one is fairly poorly exposed using warm light. The right (Dead Flip) is well exposed using neutral light. Think it may also be webcam vs camcorder.

Yes, I had to use the room lighting as stated above which is warm lighting. Not a webcam though, a Panasonic GX85.

#3729 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sold another ACNC in NZ.
Thanks to NZ customers for supporting Spooky!
rd

I thought the distro in New Zealand was a total stiff?

Good job RD.

Btw, just watched a bit of the recent stream. Looks freaking awesome guys.

I love the artwork and video!!!

The layout is different and that works for me. I don't want every one of my pins to have a typical cookie cutter fan layout.

#3730 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Selling my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle #394 spot from PinballStar. I know my number is high but this gives someone who don't mind the wait and to save $$ for a good deal. I'm giv...”
2018-08-05
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 2774 times
Contributed to Pinside

My spot is up for sale

#3731 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

It's all in the distributor... that guy is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!

He'd probably sell more if he stayed home instead of running all over the US taking pictures.

#3732 5 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

He'd probably sell more if he stayed home instead of running all over the US taking pictures.

That’s what email is for.

rd

#3733 5 years ago

Another Alice is out of the building. Today I picked up one that is going to be available at the Inaugural Indiana Pinball Show in Fort Wayne Indiana this weekend, August 9, 10 and 11. After the show, it will be on location at Fort Wayne pinball.

For more information about the show, please go to http://www.indianapinballshow.com/

Come out and give it a try, If you like it, bring your checkbook and put a deposit down at the show. Ill be there Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday

Troy

A6709BC7-E69A-488F-9210-88BD66124E8F (resized).jpegA6709BC7-E69A-488F-9210-88BD66124E8F (resized).jpegD8F0825A-773B-4368-B6EA-281325D804C4 (resized).jpegD8F0825A-773B-4368-B6EA-281325D804C4 (resized).jpeg
#3734 5 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Another Alice is out of the building. Today I picked up one that is going to be available at the Inaugural Indiana Pinball Show in Fort Wayne Indiana this weekend, August 9, 10 and 11. After the show, it will be on location at Fort Wayne pinball.
For more information about the show, please go to http://www.indianapinballshow.com/
Come out and give it a try, If you like it, bring your checkbook and put a deposit down at the show. Ill be there Thursday, Friday, and half of Saturday
Troy[quoted image][quoted image]

What a gorgeous looking game. I think I like the art on this more than any release en recent memory. Maybe ever.

1F76C0CD-72B8-4BDF-96E5-920A2C88F9FD (resized).jpeg1F76C0CD-72B8-4BDF-96E5-920A2C88F9FD (resized).jpeg
#3735 5 years ago

I had asked questions about the blue powder coat as well as the upgrade options quite some time ago. Nothing ever came of those unfortunately.

With these starting to ship, is it possible to see quality pictures of everything that is available please? I am still curious to know and see more about the blue hardware.

Thanks in advance.

#3736 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

What a gorgeous looking game. I think I like the art on this more than any release en recent memory. Maybe ever.[quoted image]

I agree the artwork is superb, who is the artist that works on Spooky games?

#3737 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I agree the artwork is superb, who is the artist that works on Spooky games?

All have been different. ACNC is Zornow Must Die.

#3738 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think RZ was Alex Horley, Rob's regular artist for his media.

#3739 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Zornow Must Be Destroyed! (?)

#3740 5 years ago

Thanks for the correction.

#3741 5 years ago

kinda dead in here today.
is everybody hanging out by the pool?

redpool02.jpgredpool02.jpg
#3742 5 years ago

i'm including a spooky knocker with the sale of my ACNC Spot see my market place listing price is $875 save 125

If only i had endless space and money i would just buy them all.

#3743 5 years ago

Well at least Spooky didn't just slap a bobble head in the Alice Cooper pinball. Like someone we all know.
Magicchiz

1436_3266_30206_Music_AliceHat_POP_GLAM (resized).png1436_3266_30206_Music_AliceHat_POP_GLAM (resized).png
#3744 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Thanks for the correction.

TBH, I was interested in checking out his artwork after reading your post so I started searching for him.

#3745 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Well at least Spooky didn't just slap a bobble head in the Alice Cooper pinball. Like someone we all know.
Magicchiz
[quoted image]

FANTASTIC IDEA! I'm calling Charlie up now. This'll be perfect for the LE.

Now if they had Alice Cooper troll dolls...

#3746 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz
[quoted image]

Quoted from Compy:

FANTASTIC IDEA! I'm calling Charlie up now. This'll be perfect for the LE.
Now if they had Alice Cooper troll dolls...

Deadpool looks great, ACNC looks great. Why does everyone on pinside feel the need to bash one company in some attempt to raise another one up.

#3747 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Deadpool looks great, ACNC looks great. Why does everyone on pinside feel the need to bash one company in some attempt to raise another one up.

Only so many dollars for pins, have to pick a side and then bash the other to convince yourself you spent wisely.

#3748 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Only so many dollars for pins, have to pick a side and then bash the other to convince yourself you spent wisely.

Joking aside I'm just glad to see multiple companies really stepping up their art. If you look at AMH and move to ACNC it's just a different world. Same thing with stern games. Pinball machines used to be very art focused, I'm glad to see that coming back as some of my classic games were making some of this modern stuff look like trash.

there-can-be-only-one (resized).jpgthere-can-be-only-one (resized).jpg

#3749 5 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

Magicchiz
[quoted image]

Somebody, place it on an ACNC and post it as the first 'Topper'

#3750 5 years ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Only so many dollars for pins

My comment is a bit out of context from your full post but;

You would think so but have you see the quantity of IMDN pins that have sold and are still selling? How many of these buyers are now also going to be getting DP? Likely a $hit load. Then they will buy and keep, buy and sell for the next title. Seems to be no shortage of cash out here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 75 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.