20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 114.
#3651 5 years ago

Thanks! But was thinking the whole body...and $650...

#3652 5 years ago

I guess to each their own...I was hoping for something more comic-bookish.

#3653 5 years ago

Ya, and around the $175.00 mark!

#3654 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thanks! But was thinking the whole body...and $650...

I was just pointing out these because someone asked. Give it time and I'm sure someone will come up with something.
Magicchiz

#3655 5 years ago

I think a nice topper could be the cabinet art from one of the sides. At least something that has that look to it. I absolutely love that art style they used.

#3656 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Our #48 and your #49, NITRO purchase I assume.
Looks like Tommy committed very early on, presumably at the show. Very happy that he got behind Spooky on this!

Yes, a Nitro order - I sent Tommy an email the very first day these bad boys hit the market, and he confirmed it within an hour or so. Tommy's my hero!

#3657 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

Yes, a Nitro order - I sent Tommy an email the very first day these bad boys hit the market, and he confirmed it within an hour or so. Tommy's my hero!

Absolutely, ours too!

#3658 5 years ago

I'll be streaming the ACNC launch party @ AYCE Gogi tomorrow (Saturday) and hope to go live by 6pm PDT. twitch.tv/iepinball

FB_IMG_1533351926739 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1533351926739 (resized).jpg
#3659 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

I'll be streaming the ACNC launch party @ AYCE Gogi tomorrow (Saturday) and hope to go live by 6pm PDT. twitch.tv/iepinball
[quoted image]

Which ACNC do you have (#, options etc...) and when did you receive it?

#3660 5 years ago
Quoted from iepinball:

[quoted image]

I stopped by last night and played a couple rounds. What a fun table. Gonna come back up today for the launch

#3661 5 years ago

As an increasingly obsessed pinhead and life-long Alice fan, I'm ridiculously excited to have bought a spot off a fellow Brit who changed his mind.
Think it'll contrast with my only other machine, a Kiss LE, very nicely - especially because it's not your typical rock pin.
I was nervous about getting a Spooky, because it just felt safer buying from the biggest company, especially with so much distance involved. And, yes, Maiden was calling me despite not being a massive fan of the band.
But the more I learn about Charlie, Spooky and this game, the happier I am to be joining the Spooky family. Alice looks amazing.
Roll on #123!

#3662 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

As an increasingly obsessed pinhead and life-long Alice fan, I'm ridiculously excited to have bought a spot off a fellow Brit who changed his mind.
Think it'll contrast with my only other machine, a Kiss LE, very nicely - especially because it's not your typical rock pin.
I was nervous about getting a Spooky, because it just felt safer buying from the biggest company, especially with so much distance involved. And, yes, Maiden was calling me despite not being a massive fan of the band.
But the more I learn about Charlie, Spooky and this game, the happier I am to be joining the Spooky family. Alice looks amazing.
Roll on #123!

I’d love to see a ACNC at U.K Pinfest later this month, probably a long shot as production has only just started but I’m really excited about this release following TNA.

#3663 5 years ago

where is everybody?
what a fortuitous break. no longer do people have to wait two more weeks to see some extended ACNC gameplay. could be coming up in less than an hour, streamed from van nuys, ca. kinda ironic that the first preserved, extended play, video of ACNC might be from my home state.

Karl DeAngelo takes his streaming seriously. first class equipment. sufficient lighting. he will showcase the players skills/abilities as much as the game itself. as far as the skill level of the players, karls skills are on par with those of bowen, and some of the league players meet or exceed those of jack danger. as already mentioned, the game has been set up and available for at least a day. hopefully it will be dialed in better than mondays example.

it will be interesting to see how it all pans out - above average players, most of them seeing the game for the first time. pretty serious guys, and unbiased/impartial ones at that. they arent there trying to sell games. most of them likely do not have a deposit down on the game. they are there to play pinball. expect honest/genuine reactions. they wont be happy if the game makes them look bad. they will likely be concluding a tournament and will trying their darndest.

#3664 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

where is everybody?
what a fortuitous break. no longer do people have to wait two more weeks to see some extended ACNC gameplay. could be coming up in less than an hour

I’m here in the U.K sat up waiting patiently at work, currently 01:20am here.

#3665 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

where is everybody?
what a fortuitous break. no longer do people have to wait two more weeks to see some extended ACNC gameplay. could be coming up in less than an hour, streamed from van nuys, ca. kinda ironic that the first preserved, extended play, video of ACNC might be from my home state.
Karl DeAngelo takes his streaming seriously. first class equipment. sufficient lighting. he will showcase the players skills/abilities as much as the game itself. as far as the skill level of the players, karls skills are on par with those of bowen, and some of the league players meet or exceed those of jack danger. as already mentioned, the game has been set up and available for at least a day. hopefully it will be dialed in better than mondays example.
it will be interesting to see how it all pans out - above average players, most of them seeing the game for the first time. pretty serious guys, and unbiased/impartial ones at that. they arent there trying to sell games. most of them likely do not have a deposit down on the game. they are there to play pinball. expect honest/genuine reactions. they wont be happy if the game makes them look bad. they will likely be concluding a tournament and will trying their darndest.

Really look forward to seeing it again! The more reviews the better. Bring on the stream!

#3667 5 years ago
Quoted from Silkenone:

Roll on #123!

glad to have been of service! enjoy! Im coming to see it though, when do you guys think no. 123 will ship, i thought by xmas am i wildly off? cheers.

#3668 5 years ago

Thanks for the stream. I am impressed by the dots...really dig the comic book theme. The callouts were unfortunately what I'd heard before...very stoic and plain. The actual gameplay, I don't know. Seemed like a lot of bricks, tilts and very short ball times. I really wanted to love ACNC and make it my 3rd Spooky game. I'm just not feeling it for some reason. Congrats to everyone that bought in...hopefully you're seeing it different than me.

#3669 5 years ago

Machine - For Sale
As is - “Selling my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle #394 spot from PinballStar. I know my number is high but this gives someone who don't mind the wait and to save $$ for a good deal. I'm giv...”
2018-08-05
Baltimore, MD
Archived after: 18 days
Viewed: 2774 times
Contributed to Pinside

#3670 5 years ago

Drop the tilt bomb a bit if it's too sensitive. It is ok to adjust the pin.

For those who don't think its for them, just find another pin, no biggie.

#3671 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

tilts and very short ball times.

Karl’s a top player ... that machine is set up competition tough.

You could drop the side posts and loosen that tilt a lot and it’d be a longer player by miles.

rd

#3672 5 years ago

Loved the stream! This is an early code, and I think the pin looks awesome...art, animation, and shots/play. I don’t like easy pins...if I’m gonna own it, it’d better kick my a$$, so I can play it for years and not want to sell it. Can’t wait for my first Spooky!

#3673 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Thanks for the stream. I am impressed by the dots...really dig the comic book theme.

Dots? LOL!
No dots here.

#3674 5 years ago

From watching this stream and the last one, my only big complaint is that the left orbit rejects A LOT. It seems like it's always hitting the right post after hitting the spinner. Personally I feel that the shot geometry should have been tweaked a bit more. Still kind of undecided on my preorder. I keep going back and forth.

#3675 5 years ago

Just watched karl play it. Huge flow, shots look right. Blew it up over 100m. Looks crazy fun.

Ball got loss for the second time. Maybe a few tweaks needed. Otherwise it looks freaking awesome.

#3676 5 years ago

does the monster do anything?? theres no real toy?

#3677 5 years ago

Game looks amazing..the pf artwork and dots are miles above anything from Stern in my opinion. Seems to be so many bricked shot though...could be very frustrating when it should be fun. Hopefully once you have the shots down it may feel like there is more flow!

#3678 5 years ago

Animations are superb.

Looks like it will be fun to play.

Shots are very tight.

Bowen helping on the code should ensure that the game is balanced and that the rules match the difficulty of the layout.

#3679 5 years ago

Insect mode rocks!

#3680 5 years ago

What song is played during zombie mode?

#3681 5 years ago

Watching that stream brought up 3 quick questions Charlie:
1) will there be any type of video mode added?
2) what type of flipper button protectors fit this machine specifically and do you offer anything like that(maybe clear plastic ones)?
3)will there be a multiple player co-op mode added to acnc like on tna?

#3682 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

It goes up and down.

#3683 5 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

1) will there be any type of video mode added?

Fawzma said last night in the stream that animations are being worked on now for a video mode. His only comment about it was that it would be “interesting”.

#3684 5 years ago

Watched half an hour last night but had to get bed, man it was late when the stream started. But my first thoughts last night was it looks great but that tilt was setup super tight!

There’s a couple of times a slight nudge was getting a tilt warning up on the lcd screen so the tilt was probably a little too tight for the stream but the game looked awesome!

Art, lightshow, shots especially when hit sweet and the lcd animations are all A+

#3685 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Dots? LOL!
No dots here.

C'mon...it's pretty well recognized that 'dots' refers to any animated display screen...LCD or otherwise. Several posters refer to it the same, even after your silly comment

#3686 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

C'mon...it's pretty well recognized that 'dots' refers to any animated display screen...LCD or otherwise. Several posters refer to it the same, even after your silly comment

And somehow this upsets you.

#3687 5 years ago

The monster collects 2 balls in the castle, then dumps them down 2 different ramps for multiball... the guillotine also catches a ball and "chops" it so it drops into the subway.

Thanks everyone for the kind words, and for Shane / Ayce Gogi for the stream! Jack Danger will be here to do another shortly... code still has a ways to go and we're flushing out wizard mode with Bowen. Still much to do but we're getting there!

#3688 5 years ago

SpookyCharlie are you shipping games or waiting for the code issues to be solved prior to shipping ?

#3689 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

From watching this stream and the last one, my only big complaint is that the left orbit rejects A LOT. It seems like it's always hitting the right post after hitting the spinner. Personally I feel that the shot geometry should have been tweaked a bit more. Still kind of undecided on my preorder. I keep going back and forth.

The orbit behaved the same way as the one streamed from Spooky HQ.

Bowen kept saying that the spinner was being prototyped and would be fixed so that there weren't all the rejects. Hopefully that is the case. If this is final, that's going to get old quick.

Other thing that's notable is that good shots to the secret passage come dribbling back out 2-4 seconds later pretty often. Surely this is not intended behaviour? It's difficult to see what's happening as the whole area is hidden by the upper pf.

Both badly need tuning IMO.

Still slightly unsure about the upper pf. It's got plenty to do but good players are obviously struggling to get any control of the ball. Could be coil strength though. My feeling is that lowering upper flipper strength and perhaps a tiny bit more angle on the upper pf would make it less mad flailing and more controlled. Reducing ball popper and upper flipper strength from default made RZ's upper pf go from totally unplayable to good on mine.

Art and screen graphics continue to look awesome, what code there is so far seems interesting, though I hope there will be plenty of peripheral stuff to do, that's not central to the dungeon crawl, or will add to it.

No fan of Alice's music, but it suits the machine really well. His call outs still sound pretty bad ... But they're so anodyne and monosyllabic you can pretty much ignore them. Better than having irritating ones.

Tbh I'd remain in on the strength of Zornow's outstanding work alone. Just hope the other stuff gets fixed so that it can live up to its potential (which is high). Happy to be ~400.

#3690 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can you imagine how this thread would implode if he bricked the shots on his first few balls and ended with a 60 second game?
The bottom line is that there hasn't been a single video I'm aware of that shows anyone having a good game.

Yesterday at ayci Gogis Alice tournament, we saw atleast one good game, my own.

I was in qualifying and I scored what looked to be a great game. I got the third high score and I think it stuck atleast until playoffs. I saw many die trying.

The playoffs, I did not make it by a hair, into them. I was on the bubble and took a second on centaur. It looked like a first and then the fourth player crushed ball three. But I did not see too many people doing high scores on the Alice game in general.

I had a pretty good time playing the game. I could not hear the call outs because it was pretty loud. I remembered thinking I would like to have one. If I had the means.

I will spend more time on it. I am glad I can do that.

#3691 5 years ago

And somehow this upsets you.

Lol...not at all. But it must you to have made such a useless comment to begin with. Did you really think you were educating anyone as to what dots were?

#3692 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Lol...not at all. But it must you to have made such a useless comment to begin with. Did you really think you were educating anyone as to what dots were?

AAAnd you're still going on about it?

#3693 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What song is played during zombie mode?

It is Brutal Planet

Magicchiz

#3694 5 years ago

It goes up and down.

WOW - such creativity! haha. FFS!

#3695 5 years ago

WOW - such creativity! haha. FFS!

The art work and display are plenty creative! And yes, I hope they tweak the shots better too, but I am confident this will be a great game.
It would be cool though if Franky popped up and served cocktails.

#3696 5 years ago

[Franky] goes up and down.

It would be cool though if Franky popped up and served cocktails.

it would be really cool if he could dance and sing,
but we might have to settle for just the part beginning at 1:25

#3697 5 years ago

I prefer this scene.

#3698 5 years ago

Not really bothered about trick bits or interactive toys. Yes Frankenstein is underwhelming, but I suspect after market mods will more than take care of that. Just look at RZ. .... some awesome stuff available.

#3699 5 years ago

Frankly, if he doesn’t breathe fire and zap the ball with laser beam eyes, I’m out.

#3700 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not really bothered about trick bits or interactive toys. Yes Frankenstein is underwhelming, but I suspect after market mods will more than take care of that. Just look at RZ. .... some awesome stuff available.

I think this is pretty creative from a physical standpoint...

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

The monster collects 2 balls in the castle, then dumps them down 2 different ramps for multiball...

Personally I find this very cool and it’s a nice change from multiball beginning from a shooter lane or from the same scoop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.