20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 114.
#3601 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Does the $6450. Price include shipping?

Or the tax if you get it from a distributor in pa.....

#3602 5 years ago

Bummer I missed out on it! If just the good parts could be uploaded, that would be awesome!

#3603 5 years ago

got busy with work and literally tuned in for the last 5 min. Got to see the final ball on the final game. I hope there is at least a highlight reel of that final game as seems things were working fine then and people were digging it. I heard there was a dude from down under and was hoping it would be RD.

From what I did see, it appears the sound, lights, and code are coming along nicely.

For those saying this shoots too tough, it is nothing like Houdini in feel.
Shoot it for yourself and then decide. I have quite a few games on the pre-production one (at TPF, MGC, and ReplayFX) and and it is closer to No fear or alien in "feel" of tightness of shots combined with posts at entry points. By that I mean it takes a minute/ 10 games to find your shots, but then when you are on, you are really on. When you are off, you get punished. Shots feel great once you star hitting them and I like the continual surprise people seem to have on where the ball is going to reappear

I have also noticed that Charlie as a designer really seems to like lateral movement (ala some of the classic gottliebs) and I like that!

Really looking forward to playing a production one soon.

Can someone recap any tidbits that were shared on the stream about produciton/ timing? I gather that it sounds like they are still tweaking a spinner or lane or something so we are still a few weeks or month out from these going out in quantity?

I saw on Fbook that a local OP is getting one, so looking forward to getting some games on it when it arrives!

#3604 5 years ago

I understand taking the video down, but please Jack, release the Dracula mode where Bowen cradles the ball to sing Disco bloodbath boogie fever. Man, that was hilarious!

#3605 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to all that watched tonight!
We had some snags, and in the interest of wanting the sexiest stream I can produce for the game, we’ll be going back to stream again soon.
To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed. Stay tuned for part 2!
I had a blast, and Bowen whooooped me!
Vampire mode 4 life!

I think you play it . Little hiccups happen everybody knows that . Having Scott work on the machine during the chaos and then the machine working perfectly afterwards I thought it made for a great show .

#3606 5 years ago

Other notes from the stream: Will need to see it a few more times, but hunting down the monsters looks like a lot of fun. You seemingly have to uncover where they are hiding by shooting various shots. The hurry up is also insane. It goes from like 15 million to 1 million in maybe three seconds. Bowen said it needs to be hard, because if you are seeing it at all you are kicking [the games] ass.

#3607 5 years ago

Don’t worry about the parts of Bowen or I blowing the game up!
It’s not like we don’t have more gas in the tank for round two.

#3608 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to all that watched tonight!
We had some snags, and in the interest of wanting the sexiest stream I can produce for the game, we’ll be going back to stream again soon.
To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed. Stay tuned for part 2!
I had a blast, and Bowen whooooped me!
Vampire mode 4 life!

You should reconsider not posting the video. Or at least posting everything after Scott fixed the flipper. Sure there were issues, but after that point it was smooth sailing. No one expects everything to go perfectly all the time. The footage you had was by far the best we've seen, and I bet a lot of people missed it and the ones that did see it would love to rewatch parts of it.

#3609 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

What is the ETA for "round 2"?

#3610 5 years ago

Sounds like knee jerk reaction was to delete it.

FeelsBadMan

#3611 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

You should reconsider not posting the video. Or at least posting everything after Scott fixed the flipper.

When things started to happen, I removed the VOD while we were live, which prevents further recording. Otherwise I’d love to share what Bowen and I put up!
Like I said, we got more coming!
I’d say a couple weeks from now!

#3612 5 years ago
Quoted from stpcore:

What is the ETA for "round 2"?

2 weeks....

Sorry guys, it was my decision to pull the video. We legitimately had 1 code bug, and 1 screw come loose on a flipper switch that put ME in a panic. While everyone else was pulling it together and saving the stream, it took me a while and some really good friends to let me know that nothing in these things goes perfectly. I cracked... stress is high when you put your whole life into this.

To Bowen and Jack Danger... you guys are insanely talented, and words can't say how much good you have done for Spooky AND pinball in general. By the end of the night you turned me from crushed to laughing and having a great time. You two, are awesome. Having Jack as a friend and Bowen now a part of team Spooky.... worth its weight in silver balls.

We need to get better and will... we're also a whole lot better than we were even 6 months ago.

I'd also like to welcome one of my best friends, therapist, monster buddy, and the best pinball animator in the biz to Benton... welcome to town Bunyip van Es! There goes the neighborhood.

#3613 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I'd also like to welcome one of my best friends, therapist, monster buddy, and the best pinball animator in the biz to Benton... welcome to town Bunyip van Es! There goes the neighborhood.

a permanent move to benton? nice!

Old Man Kelly needs a bunk mate I heard

#3614 5 years ago

I hope that the game arrives in time for a show in my town next week. After watching the stream it looks like a lot of fun!

If it plays well and I’m feeling it I just may drop a deposit (assuming a spot is available then). I might be kicking my TNA purchase down the road a bit.

Nicely done!

I’m not even an Alice Cooper fan but the music worked well with the game.

#3615 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Old Man Kelly needs a bunk mate I heard

I hear he only prefers to be the big spoon...

#3616 5 years ago

Game looked great! Lights/art/sound! I'm not familiar with AC's music, but the whole package really came together nicely. I can't wait 2weeks for another stream. Get 'r done this week. haha

#3617 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I hear he only prefers to be the big spoon...

I heard that asshole!

#3618 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Just playing BSD and I find that the RT orbit and two ramps are tight. These shots are at least 2/3 the way up on the PF so tight but not impossible and still provides some room to try to control the ball with the brick shots. BSD is also standard body so how comparable are the tights shots to ACNC would you think?
[quoted image]

Having played both games, ACNC shots feel tighter to me.

#3619 5 years ago

2 weeks....
Sorry guys, it was my decision to pull the video. We legitimately had 1 code bug, and 1 screw come loose on a flipper switch that put ME in a panic. While everyone else was pulling it together and saving the stream, it took me a while and some really good friends to let me know that nothing in these things goes perfectly. I cracked... stress is high when you put your whole life into this.
To Bowen and Jack Danger... you guys are insanely talented, and words can't say how much good you have done for Spooky AND pinball in general. By the end of the night you turned me from crushed to laughing and having a great time. You two, are awesome. Having Jack as a friend and Bowen now a part of team Spooky.... worth its weight in silver balls.
We need to get better and will... we're also a whole lot better than we were even 6 months ago.

FWIW, I was a bit concerned at first when the stream was going. So many bricked shots... but as time went on, it was obvious it just took some time to learn the shots, and everything was fine. Sure it's not super flowy, but not every game needs to be. This is clearly a game where shot selection and accuracy matters greatly. The lighting, animations, artwork, and rules all seem fantastic. I can't wait to see how the code continues to evolve. My deposit isn't going anywhere, and I can't wait to get mine.

#3620 5 years ago

Surely someone recorded it and can share...?

#3621 5 years ago

I’m glad I watched the live stream last night, I don’t really understand where the people are coming from who are complaining about the layout and the shots. This pin is unique and not a cookie cutter layout like some of the pins that have been released over the past several years and I love that about it. I thought the play on it looked fantastic, and the people that hadn’t played it before we’re picking up on it fairly quickly. I guess if you want a pin that’s incredibly easy and you can just mindlessly flip away at, maybe this won’t be for you. The way that everything has come together on this; the playfield, artwork, animations, and audio, is very impressive. And the overall quality of this game looks fantastic, better than the LEs that Stern has released recently, and I’m a fan of Stern. It’s clear this game is a labor of love for Charlie and it really shows in the final(at this point) product. Well done Charlie, I’m more excited now than ever and can’t wait to get mine!

#3622 5 years ago

You do an amazing job.

And the stream was good. No matter how hard you work, plan, or execute. Every once in awhile things can go wrong beyond your control. And once in awhile everything possible goes wrong.

Thank you Charlie and all involved to see the game play !
LTG : )

#3623 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You do an amazing job.
And the stream was good. No matter how hard you work, plan, or execute. Every once in awhile things can go wrong beyond your control. And once in awhile everything possible goes wrong.
Thank you Charlie and all involved to see the game play !

Well said Lloyd and the fact Charlie jumps on here to address the issues shows he is a class act standing behind the good and bad of his product and above all else his passion as a pinhead

#3624 5 years ago

For the game designers, seems like a very careful balance of making shots too challenging. And keeping the pin fun instead of frustrating. Hard job.

Pinball is pretty freaking hard without tighter shots with posts. In the case like the "sim card" shot on DI, it's a super duper reward, multiplier. So maybe it made sense. But for a shot you have to hit regularly to complete modes, very tight shots requiring some luck to hit makes less sense to me. I suck, but pinball is already freaking hard enough for most of us, isn't it?

What's weird is that we're having this discussion on this game after they are pretty much sold out. I don't have the option to wait until I get to play it in person, see how new owners receive it. It's weird to me, being new to the hobby, that I have to go in blind for a chance to get the game.

Ideally I want to play MBr, ACNC, Munsters and decide. Guess this is totally unrealistic. Maybe it works longer term if I want to buy a ACNC used instead of NIB. But I'm mostly a NIB buyer. If I want a MBr LE, I'll have to buy before playing it also.

#3625 5 years ago

I applaud the whole spooky team for continuous improvements on their games and still being sold at a great price as well; killer job guys

#3626 5 years ago

So they pulled the on demand video because of one bug and a lose screw? Bro, THAT'S PINBALL.

I think you should have left it man. Screw the haters. I think it speaks more to hide your flaws then to celebrate them.

I guess Ill wait 2 more weeks.

#3627 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I think you should have left it man. Screw the haters. I think it speaks more to hide your flaws then to celebrate them.

Save it for the bloopers DVD.

#3628 5 years ago
Quoted from OnTheSnap:

What's weird is that we're having this discussion on this game after they are pretty much sold out. I don't have the option to wait until I get to play it in person, see how new owners receive it. It's weird to me, being new to the hobby, that I have to go in blind for a chance to get the game.
Ideally I want to play MBr, ACNC, Munsters and decide. Guess this is totally unrealistic. Maybe it works longer term if I want to buy a ACNC used instead of NIB. But I'm mostly a NIB buyer. If I want a MBr LE, I'll have to buy before playing it also.

You do have the option to try all of those before you buy them. Just wait and get a HUO later on if you decide you want one. No matter how great the game is or how few are made many will trade hands and you won't have an issue finding one.

#3629 5 years ago

You’ll be able to buy NIB all the way up to the end of production. People are always changing their mind or life happens and you need to get out from your spot.

#3630 5 years ago

https://www.instagram.com/dead_flip/

Check out the most recent 3 clips. We managed to save a TINY bit of the show!
Fun times indeed!

These clips where also posted to Twitter and Facebook, depending on which platform you prefer.

#3631 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Fun times indeed!
These clips where also posted to Twitter and Facebook, depending on which platform you prefer.

Oh Awesome!!! Awesome!!! Thanks man!

*** To watch full screen, go here..

https://www.twitch.tv/dead_flip/clips?range=7d

#3632 5 years ago

Thank you Charlie for not only sticking this out, building pins that is, but for coming into the thread and just taking ownership of pulling the video and sharing how you felt. This is a seriously tough audience. Most of us can only imagine what that was like for you but you owned it! That is one of the biggest differences between Spooky and Stern. JJP's Team is also putting themselves out there (and in here), much respect to all of you. Shit happens, it is how you deal with it that matters.

We can't wait for our ACNC!

#3633 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Fun times indeed!

Looking good. One of the best ball saves ever? Don’t know of many that can score shots for you.

Is the ball save powerful enough to save a ball going SDTM?

#3634 5 years ago

I cracked... stress is high when you put your whole life into this.

1. Bust your ass in ways most people can't comprehend.
2. Mental breakdown.
3. Begin step 1 again.

The familiar cycle of a small business owner's life. Anyone who's ever done it can identify. Don't worry about it, you're doing great.

#3635 5 years ago

2 weeks....

No worries dude it's pinball it happens and we all know how hard you work to make this all possible. Loved the stream of ACNC was awesome and way better than it was at TPF. Keep up the good work

#3636 5 years ago

I watched a good hour of the stream last night, and I'm definitely keeping my spot in line (#49) for an ACNC. The game looks like a lot of fun to play, and all the elements have come together brilliantly. With only 500 of these being made, my guess is that ACNC will be a sought-after pin in the used market.

Based on the video stream, I'm impressed with:

1. The music! I've been an Alice Cooper fan for 30 years, and I had fun listening to his tunes as the folks played this game last night. You could tell they also enjoyed the music - singing and dancing to it as they played. I also like that specific songs go with the different monster modes. It means that the songs aren't just there as background music, like other rock n roll pins. This gives each mode its own unique feel. It was fun to watch them visit each monster mode in the stream - can't wait to explore them myself!
2. The art - it's universally agreed the art and animations are amazing, so no further explanation is needed. This is a gorgeous pin. Good job on the blue powder coat too - I'm getting that paint job!
3. The percieved difficulty - I think that's a selling feature! ACNC was supposed to be my first every pinball game, but I wound up buying a Bram Stoker's Dracula in the meantime. BSD is one of those games that I sucked at playing, whenever I put money into it at a bar or arcade. But getting a chance to play it on free play changed the whole game for me. I love it that it's a difficult game, and it constantly kicks my ass. But it's also super rewarding, when you find your groove, making those tight ramp shots consistently and get everything working in sync. It doesn't get old, and I have a feeling ACNC will provide a similar experience.
4. It just looks like a blast to play! That's why we're all involved in this crazy hobby to begin with, right??

A question for Charlie and Bowen RE: the skill shot slot machine, since it was mentioned that it's still in the prototype phase...Is there a way to make it seem less like a Vegas-style slot machine, and more "nightmarish" or "spooky?" I think it's a cool idea that the skill shots change up randomly, and you can risk points on making the skill shots. However, I felt that the slot machine presentation doesn't fit well with the game's theme and tone. Maybe get the creatures involved in this aspect of the game too? You can never have too many monsters, spiders, bats or snakes in a pin, just sayin'.

#3637 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

The skill shot slot machine, ...Is there a way to make it seem less like a Vegas-style slot machine, and more "nightmarish" or "spooky?" I think it's a cool idea that the skill shots change up randomly, and you can risk points on making the skill shots. However, I felt that the slot machine presentation doesn't fit well with the game's theme and tone. Maybe get the creatures involved in this aspect of the game too? You can never have too many monsters, spiders, bats or snakes in a pin, just sayin'.

I totally agree with this!

#3638 5 years ago

I. Can’t. Wait. But, I have #413...it really looks awesome. For the next year plus...I will drool over those that share the one’s on here. Totally worth the wait.

#3639 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

A question for Charlie and Bowen RE: the skill shot slot machine, since it was mentioned that it's still in the prototype phase...Is there a way to make it seem less like a Vegas-style slot machine, and more "nightmarish" or "spooky?"

it will be spookified.

#3640 5 years ago

Love it! This is what pinball is supposed to be like! FUN!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5-iR0DQHy/

#3641 5 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it will be spookified.

Awesome, I can't wait to see what you guys do with it!

#3642 5 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeVideo:

I'm definitely keeping my spot in line (#49) for an ACNC.

Our #48 and your #49, NITRO purchase I assume.

Looks like Tommy committed very early on, presumably at the show. Very happy that he got behind Spooky on this!

#3643 5 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it will be spookified.

I found that the spinning reel animation was too fast for my liking, just a blur but I am not at all concerned about the software and art, all of this will evolve beautifully with everyone committed to the title.

Ecstatic to see you actively participating in the thread; both listening and sharing. Killer talent!

#3644 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I found that the spinning reel animation was too fast for my liking, just a blur but I am not at all concerned about the software and art, all of this will evolve beautifully with everyone committed to the title.
Ecstatic to see you actively participating in the thread; both listening and sharing. Killer talent!

Funny thing about the blur, I kept asking for more till I got to where it is. Maybe it could be a user setting?? j/k

I've been monitoring the entire time, just staying out of the drama

#3645 5 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

Funny thing about the blur, I kept asking for more till I got to where it is. Maybe it could be a user setting?? j/k
I've been monitoring the entire time, just staying out of the drama

That would certainly be cool, I will follow your lead on all things visual!

Yes the drama is strong with the dark side... Don't let it deter you.

#3646 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Maybe a stream at the Rock Hall? I can make arrangements to do it off hours so the sound isn't crazy.

A few notes:
Vampire is great but Insects is the best!

I pumped up the strength on the upper flipper and the ramp was way easier to make. It is a bit of a challenge to find the right strength because juicing the flipper too much generates wild air balls so you need to find a happy medium on set up.

Getting to play ACNC is the treat I get every morning for getting up to service all the games at the Rock Hall before it opens.

It is performing really great. Beside adjusting the sling plastic protectors and having to retighten stand up posts or screws I've had no issues in over 3000+ plays.

#3647 5 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Love it! This is what pinball is supposed to be like! FUN!!!!
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5-iR0DQHy/

showmanship works, it seems...
I'm stunned at how much thought.

#3648 5 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

it will be spookified.

and ... PLEASE keep it in there! What a unique, cool animation!!

#3649 5 years ago

Topper. I would like to see a big Alice Cooper Frankenstein...like he wears on stage. Any rumors on a topper, or a modder with ideas?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 73 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/73 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.