20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 114.
#3551 5 years ago

Shots are tough, but man it looks and sounds great.

#3552 5 years ago

Way better code than was at TPF good job spooky

#3553 5 years ago

I don't know if it's the camera or what, but those strobe lighting effects that looks like little sirens in the slings are pretty awesome. If that's how it really looks I'm curious how they achieved that.

#3554 5 years ago

Was a bit rough... no doubts there. Last second code update was a mistake, and 1 loose flipper switch screw caused the issue. Sad, but we'll get past it.

Big thanks to Jack Danger, Domiono's Pizza (Adam!), Bowen, and all our Aussie guests for coming over.

Happy that Jack is blowing up the game right now!!!

#3555 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Was a bit rough... no doubts there. Last second code update was a mistake, and 1 loose flipper switch screw caused the issue. Sad, but we'll get past it.
Big thanks to Jack Danger, Domiono's Pizza (Adam!), Bowen, and all our Aussie guests for coming over.

congrats Charlie!

#3556 5 years ago

"One more change!" Then watching everything go up in smoke... yeah that's how it usually goes, lol. Nice to see it's going nice now (except for that pesky left spinner reject).

For the spinner it really looks like the ball keeps hitting the post to the right of the spinner on many of the shots though, so I'm not sure the spinner itself is really to blame.

#3557 5 years ago

Bowen is the best showman ever!!!!!!!!!!

#3558 5 years ago

Holy CRAP did Bowen just tear it up!!!!

#3559 5 years ago

Game looks like a blast to play!

#3561 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

ABSOLUTELY. Selling my spot in morning. Crappy playfield as I suspected. Damn shame.

If your looking to sell your spot then maybe shitting all over the game in this thread isn't the best move.

#3562 5 years ago

Loved what I saw and can’t wait to get mine, great job Charlie!

#3563 5 years ago

Awesome!!!!!! Can't wait for mine!

Those animations are unreal! Fantastic work Spooky!!!

#3564 5 years ago

The monster modes are coming along nicely , lot's of improvements since the last time I played it . The animations look fantastic and I saw quite a few I have not seen before .

#3565 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Loved what I saw and can’t wait to get mine, great job Charlie!

that means there will be a couple of them within a close area!!

#3566 5 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If your looking to sell your spot then maybe shitting all over the game in this thread isn't the best move.

C9KDFfGWsAInho9 (resized).jpgC9KDFfGWsAInho9 (resized).jpg
#3567 5 years ago

Watching that stream tonight, even with its hiccups was epic. A great game, great sound, amazing light shows on the different modes.Some shots looked a bit tight but that's pinball, if they all were easy to hit, you would just get bored with it like a lot of sterns. This ain't an entry level pin for beginners. The code can be polished over time and will add to the allure. Well done Team Spooky.

#3568 5 years ago

Congrats Charlie. Dont worry about minor issues. You guys knocked it out of the park on this title!

Loved the game play, art and flow!

Just blown away by:
- Spinner and sound
- Spiral ramp
- Animations
- Perfect choice of AC music
- Vampire mode lighting
- Insect mode lighting
- Guillotine mech
- Coding on your RGBs
- Sound on the stream was killer too!

Super excited future ACNC #144 owner here!

You all have a lot to be proud of and I'll be blown away if you dont completely sell out this week

BTW ... impressed with Bugs ability to rip that spinner!

#3569 5 years ago

Watched the last hour of the stream. I like the untimed modes. Makes you not care as much about tight shots. I liked the magnet save and I really like the concept of the castle and rooms. Animations are nice too. It’s come a long way since TPF. Congrats!

Ordered a TNA last night.

#3570 5 years ago

I originally wasn’t into this game due to me not connecting with the theme but damn after watching that stream it looks super cool!

Now do I go after TNA OR ACNC? I don’t think I can swing both unfortunately.

The tight shots aren’t a huge worry for me as I already have a RZ and the orbits shots on that game are tight!!

#3571 5 years ago

what is the link? please!

fuck me so far so shit

yeah but it doesnt look fun at all, v v limited shots and hard as hell. this aint no maiden. sadly. going to sell my spot in line i think. unless this improves ALOT. sad.

ABSOLUTELY. Selling my spot in morning. Crappy playfield as I suspected. Damn shame.

I agree this game sucks!

What spot are you? How much are you selling it for?

#3572 5 years ago

Really excited for this game

Great job guys!

#3573 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I originally wasn’t into this game due to me not connecting with the theme but damn after watching that stream it looks super cool!
Now do I go after TNA OR ACNC? I don’t think I can swing both unfortunately.
The tight shots aren’t a huge worry for me as I already have a RZ and the orbits shots on that game are tight!!

I too struggled with this decision! I'm still considering a TNA next.
If you want multiplayer and like co-op mode, then TNA is the one.

#3574 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Part of me is thinking to just grab an ACNC spot now and just throw down on TNA when they do the last call for orders.

#3575 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Part of me is thinking to just grab an ACNC spot now and just throw down on TNA when they do the last call for orders.

Might now matter to you but TNA is going to be made for along time.

ACNC is limited to 500 and (I think) nearly sold out. Would probably be able to get one on secondary market though

Something to consider

#3576 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

15 years ago...when I started down this rabbit path, there wasn’t this option...kudos to the choices available. I think Spooky is the next generation of pinball. I own 2 Stern...love them, but competition is good. Can’t wait for my first Spooky.

#3577 5 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Might now matter to you but TNA is going to be made for along time.
ACNC is limited to 500 and (I think) nearly sold out. Would probably be able to get one on secondary market though
Something to consider

You’re right. In the end more TNAs will be made then ACNC.

Prices will be better on the secondary market. I’m just impatient and want all the new toys right away lol.

#3578 5 years ago

Does anyone have the link of the stream to rewatch it.

#3579 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

I’m just impatient and want all the new toys right away lol.

Yes, I have been called manic on more than one occasion!

#3580 5 years ago

Great stream and more excited for my first pin than ever! Having Bowen there topped the cake. His enthusiasm for the game and pinball overall makes me giddy with excitement over what the final code will look like!

#3581 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have the link of the steam to rewatch it.

Not up yet, should be posted by tomorrow.

#3582 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Nobody trade for 113 please...That is my game haha. I think he has 115. Joe and Kaytee already firmed it up and this is an honest mistake.

Sorry about that. Just trying to call the number from my head.

#3583 5 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

Not up yet, should be posted by tomorrow.

Per the Dead Flip Facebook page: "Thanks so much for everyone stopping by tonight!‬
‪Technical problems but fun overall!‬
‪We deleted the VOD, so we’ll have to stream it again soon!‬"

#3584 5 years ago

Too bad about the hicups, but shit happens. We were able to see most of the monster modes during Bowen's game. Loved seeing the light show for modes like Vampire, with the pulsating red. Probably has been there before, but this was the first time I noticed that players had the ability to gamble points on the skill shot. Very cool.

#3585 5 years ago

Game looks sick as s**t.

Tight shots? It took Deadflip a couple games to learn the shots and he started to nut it. Orbits are a bit challenging but he got there fast.

Bowen’s nudging was sick. Kept the ball in play in all kinds of scenarios. And he nailed the tighter orbit shots with great consistency.

Guys wanting loose open shots everywhere? Seriously? I guess you can go buy a AFM and feel good. Look at IMDN. The ramps are super tough. Watch the streams and you see all the top players brick them. Yet it’s flying off shelves. Owning that pin I love the challenge of the ramps. And I steadily improve. These orbits remind me of the same challenge.

The right orbit on a TNA is similar toughness.

I want an ACNC as my monster pin. But I’m waiting to see MBr, Munsters before I decide. But by then ACNC is sold out lol. So if I decide to go that way I’ll be buying a spot in line or trying to get one used some day.

That’s the rough part here. We finally see a stream yet they are about sold out. Pretty weird hobby.

#3586 5 years ago

Great stream guys, I really enjoyed watching the gameplay.

I think rotordave is right, this game is going to be great for more skilled players. I sold a really nice No Fear about 6 years ago, and I regret it now that I’m a better player. I’m hoping that I can open up ACNC after the first 50 plays. I think it’s comparable to NF, DH and other great but “difficult” B/W games.

I’ve played ACNC at three shows now: TPF, SFGE and ReplayFX. The pin was absolutely mobbed at TPF, and on 1-ball play. I got a lot more quality time on it at SFGE and after about 5 games, I was starting to get dialed in to the shots...but the audio was low. Pinburgh was great for hearing the sound, but it played too floaty. Bottom line, it’s really hard to judge a pin at a show. The stream really helped pull it all together for me.

#3587 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Per the Dead Flip Facebook page: "Thanks so much for everyone stopping by tonight!‬
‪Technical problems but fun overall!‬
‪We deleted the VOD, so we’ll have to stream it again soon!‬"

Shoot. Anyone able to record the stream? I wasn’t able to catch much of it live.

#3588 5 years ago

Thanks to all that watched tonight!
We had some snags, and in the interest of wanting the sexiest stream I can produce for the game, we’ll be going back to stream again soon.

To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed. Stay tuned for part 2!

I had a blast, and Bowen whooooped me!
Vampire mode 4 life!

#3589 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed.

the game crashed twice in the first 30 seconds even before starting, a flipper button broke, and the spot light pointing at the dark part of the playfield got off for a moment... but so what?, shit happens and is not like those unfortunate accidents will be a constant. totally understandable. sure one laugh at those things but is not like gonna actually judge the game for it. all those issues are product of early, hurried versions, and obviously easy fixes! anyway ... overdone hype and all, the stream was cool and for sure appreciated, and I'm sure the next one will be more contained and deserving of a video to rewatch.

viva DeadFlip!

#3590 5 years ago

Man, that was some epically fun-looking stuff !!! Thanks Spooky, Jack, Bowen & Co...

The tunes; the speed; the epic retro comic book artwork; working your way through Alice's "dungeon"...all the baddies to righteously smote; the gambling skill shot; that freaking *insane* magna magnet save...it doesn't look like it plays easy but smooth enough....and it sure looks like there's lots to master and have fun with.

Looking forward to seeing the kinks worked out and I can hardly wait for 112!

#3591 5 years ago

Came here to grab a link as missed the live stream. JACK says he's removed it? Charlie says Bowen is tearing it up!

Could you upload Bowens game for those of us who missed it? I dont care if bowen was using his fingers to flip the ball, I just want to see some gameplay.

Quoted from DeadFlip:

Thanks to all that watched tonight!
We had some snags, and in the interest of wanting the sexiest stream I can produce for the game, we’ll be going back to stream again soon.
To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed. Stay tuned for part 2!
I had a blast, and Bowen whooooped me!
Vampire mode 4 life!

Holy CRAP did Bowen just tear it up!!!!

#3592 5 years ago

This pin looks killer!

We're not great players so the tight shots will be quite tough, I will be increasing the ball save time haha!

My question for those in the know would be, how well will the PF (wood) hold up to serious bashing of the posts over time? Specifically the posts which aren't holding up an upper PF for instance.

I have old games where the post bashing has opened up the post hole etc...

Looking for honest feedback.

#3593 5 years ago

Every shot seems extremely tight kinda like the right ramp on AS or the shots on Houdini. I would say if you like Houdini that you will love this game here, but if you dont like Houdini chances are you wont like this game either. Easily Spookys best game but man those shots are going to be a flow killer i think.

#3594 5 years ago

Just playing BSD and I find that the RT orbit and two ramps are tight. These shots are at least 2/3 the way up on the PF so tight but not impossible and still provides some room to try to control the ball with the brick shots. BSD is also standard body so how comparable are the tights shots to ACNC would you think?

15330342028691641841881 (resized).jpg15330342028691641841881 (resized).jpg
#3595 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

To circumvent any possible complaints about small things going wrong, the broadcast has been removed.

I have to think the complaints will still exist, after all something like 400 people were watching live. Removing the broadcast prevents people from reviewing and realizing it really wasn't that big of a deal.

#3596 5 years ago

Was it really deleted, or just hidden? If deleted that's a real shame. Could at least have released the good Bowen and Jack games as highlights or on Youtube.

I understand why they wouldn't want the whole video out there, given that hardware is obviously still being tuned, and software and media under heavy development - hence the unreliability, missing stuff and bricking spinner. Especially given increasing competition for licenses. Plus the internet issues, lack of direct capture as originally intended, and wonky internet.

But all of it taken down or deleted?

Wanted to show an artist friend of mine who's thinking about buying his first machine. He'd love the art and animation.

#3597 5 years ago

Dang, was really looking forward to watching this today. Agreed with above posts, can you please upload a highlights video? That would be swell, thanks.

#3598 5 years ago

I completely understand the desire to not post the whole stream.

Let them have a second take and try to make it as they had hoped. It would be cool if it can be turned around sooner than later for those who missed it.

#3599 5 years ago

Does the $6450. Price include shipping?

#3600 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Does the $6450. Price include shipping?

Shipping is not included in that price.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/72 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.