20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 114.
#3451 5 years ago
Quoted from tp:

When would be the expected arrival date of game #45? I've got a lot of interest in this title but waiting drives me bananas.

Sorry but I haven't a clue on production timelines. All I know is ACNC is in production right now and I'm in a relatively early spot at number 45, especially if you're an interested newcomer not wanting to wait.
- Maybe contact Spooky for an guesstimate?

Quoted from LTG:

I wish nothing but the best for you !
LTG : )

Thanks Lloyd.

#3452 5 years ago

Looking forward to seeing this game in action tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the stream is?

#3453 5 years ago
Quoted from adborto:

Looking forward to seeing this game in action tomorrow. Does anyone know what time the stream is?

I believe it is at 6pm cst.

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

pretty sad.
somebody has an op to purchase game #45. i point out to him that the current queue is at #413+ and that he can save months of waiting; possibly take delivery in october. its incredibly straightforward.
now where are you coming from?
i make no mention of you personally [have never had an interaction with you before], i make no light/fun of anyone or circumstance, i make no comment [good/bad/indiffernt] regarding your decision to purchase #413. what is it that you are possibly inferring from the context of my post that upsets you? what assumptions are you making as to my mindset at the time i wrote those two sentences that have you believing im 'calling you out'? why are you telling me to take my ball and go play elsewhere? why dont you just read what is written, as written.
this exchange only goes to show how damning character assassination can be and, as a victim, how difficult it is to resurrect oneself. whysnow is playing all of you.

Sounds like somebody needs to call the waaaaaambulance.

#3455 5 years ago

Oh boy, head are gonna roll.

FB_IMG_1532799120766 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1532799120766 (resized).jpg
#3456 5 years ago

Who is going to be streaming DeadFlip?

Hopefully other players also..

#3457 5 years ago
jackdangerjuly3003.jpgjackdangerjuly3003.jpg
#3458 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good changes in life are coming my way and I need to roll with it. Selling my Alice Cooper spot, #45. No profit, just want to get my deposit back.
Thanks

Want to swap for spot 113?

#3459 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Please come here and work for a few weeks so you can see exactly what is going on.

lets see how far I can get with another constructive recommendation before getting trashed.

I don't need to come to benton in order to see 'exactly what is going on' - and neither does anyone else who is unable to make a similar trip. I understand jack danger with be at spooky HQ tomorrow with his camera rig in tow. what perfect timing for customers/distributors/the industry/the curious. in addition to the gameplay stream, an opportunity presents itself to show everyone 'exactly whats going on' by allowing jack to tour the facility as part of his broadcast. probably 10 minutes to walk through the warehouse/barn and then across the street to see how that is coming together. even if he simply recorded footage to edit later for someone to authorize that would still be better than nothing.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Speculate all you want. We make games, not drama. Hope it always stays that way.

if people are speculating/wondering, its understandable given whats taken/failed to take place going during the past several months. just read most of whysnows recent posts made in spookys defense/behalf to see who is the real 'boy wonder'.

given the number of customers patiently waiting for games, it would go a long way for them to see what could be shown during a factory tour. a surefire way to reduce speculation and wonderment, while helping to further legitimize [apparently whysnow believes stern has done this for spooky recently] the company.

hope and expect bowen to be there. if not, it will be a missed opportunity and a big disappointment. having the creator of the rules there to explain them, HUGE. we would also witness arguably one of the greatest players of our time shooting the game. in addition, he has had nearly three months to practice on one of the prototypes. will be interesting to see if mere mortals are allowed to give it a go.

#3460 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

lets see how far I can get with another constructive recommendation before getting trashed.
I don't need to come to benton in order to see 'exactly what is going on' - and neither does anyone else who is unable to make a similar trip. I understand jack danger with be at spooky HQ in two days with his camera rig in tow. what perfect timing for customers/distributors/the industry/the curious. in addition to the gameplay stream, an opportunity presents itself to show everyone 'exactly whats going on' by allowing jack to tour the facility as part of his broadcast. probably 10 minutes to walk through the warehouse/barn and then across the street to see how that is coming together. even if he simply recorded footage to edit later for someone to authorize that would still be better than nothing.
if people are speculating/wondering, its understandable given whats taken/failed to take place going during the past several months. just read most of whysnows recent posts made in spookys defense/behalf to see who is the real boy wonder.
given the number of customers patiently waiting for games, it would go a long way for them to see what could be shown during a factory tour. a surefire way to reduce speculation and wonderment, while helping to further legitimize [apparently whysnow believes stern has done this for spooky recently] the company.
hope and expect bowen to be there. if not, it will be a missed opportunity and big disappointment. having the creator of the rules there to explain them, HUGE. we would also witness arguably one of the greatest players of our time shooting the game. in addition, he has had nearly three months to practice on one of the prototypes. will be interesting to see if mere mortals are allowed to give it a go.

What are you even talking about?

#3461 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I don't need to come to benton in order to see 'exactly what is going on' - and neither does anyone else who is unable to make a similar trip. I understand jack danger with be at spooky HQ in two days with his camera rig in tow. what perfect timing for customers/distributors/the industry/the curious. in addition to the gameplay stream, an opportunity presents itself to show everyone 'exactly whats going on' by allowing jack to tour the facility as part of his broadcast. probably 10 minutes to walk through the warehouse/barn and then across the street to see how that is coming together. even if he simply recorded footage to edit later for someone to authorize that would still be better than nothing.
if people are speculating/wondering, its understandable given whats taken/failed to take place going during the past several months. just read most of whysnows recent posts made in spookys defense/behalf to see who is the real 'boy wonder'.
hope and expect bowen to be there. if not, it will be a missed opportunity and a big disappointment. having the creator of the rules there to explain them, HUGE. we would also witness arguably one of the greatest players of our time shooting the game. in addition, he has had nearly three months to practice on one of the prototypes. will be interesting to see if mere mortals are allowed to give it a go.

Are you drunk?

#3462 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

What are you even talking about?

given the opportunity, would anyone care to see a tour of the spooky facility? does anyone else care if bowen plays tomorrow?

Quoted from iceman44:

Are you drunk?

No.

#3463 5 years ago

I’m curious. Does greenhornet have any interest in Spooky, besides criticism. Do you have a Spooky pin, or have one on order? I guess I’m wondering why you take such pleasure stirring the pot on this particular thread? There’s a certain word that comes to mind, but I think that is not to be spoken here...But greenhornet does seem to fit the definition.

#3464 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I think you get met with opposition because you seem to think your views are absolute facts when they are not . You also seem to be very condescending with some of your posts , so does Whysnow which is the reason I assume you two go after each other on a regular basis . You have some ideas that in your opinion would make this game better , that is fine but it is only your opinion and others will not agree with you which is also fine . I have played the game , I like the game , I am buying the game .I do not agree with your idea to replace the posts with skinny stand up targets . I do not think this is something spooky should do . You also seem to want the game lit up more , another idea that I personally do not like , I do not need my game so bright that it can be seen from space . But a little tour of the factory before Jack Danger plays the game , This is not a bad idea . Maybe they'll do that , maybe they won't , doesn't really matter for me I've been there but I'm sure this is something others would like to see .

#3465 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m curious. Does greenhornet have any interest in Spooky, besides criticism. Do you have a Spooky pin, or have one on order? I guess I’m wondering why you take such pleasure stirring the pot on this particular thread? There’s a certain word that comes to mind, but I think that is not to be spoken here...But greenhornet does seem to fit the definition.

Many of the high profile vendors/manufacturers have alternate accounts that they feel less inhibited to post criticisms while using. It wouldn’t surprise me if this were the case.

But maybe he’s just an overly critical person or isn’t skilled at presenting criticism effectively - who knows. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of his criticisms - I just find that they are generally overstated.

#3466 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But maybe he’s just an overly critical person or isn’t skilled at presenting criticism effectively - who knows. I don’t necessarily disagree with some of his criticisms - I just find that they are generally overstated.

I agree, not all his ideas are bad, but he’s very abrasive and condescending. I think it wears on people, and eventually they push back. Still curious why he has such an interest in this thread. Unless, the first part of your post is correct.

#3467 5 years ago

to the person I'm quoting:
nothing personal, is just that what you said have been said lots of times by a lots of peoples, or repeated a lot by a bunch of individuals, and in order to make my point I find practical to quote you.

Quoted from dnapac:

I’m curious. Does greenhornet have any interest in Spooky, besides criticism. Do you have a Spooky pin, or have one on order? I guess I’m wondering why you take such pleasure stirring the pot on this particular thread?

is this one of those "club" or "owners only" thread? no? so... what are you talking about then?
this is a certain argument that seems very popular among those that disagree with points agains't their idols, and I really don't understand.
THIS is an opinion forum.
you know what makes more sense that do not talk about a pin if you don't own one or plan on buying one, do not talk about other's rights to express opinions on an open forum.

Quoted from dnapac:

There’s a certain word that comes to mind, but I think that is not to be spoken here...But greenhornet does seem to fit the definition.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
come on dude!

#3468 5 years ago

fantarama I see your point. Anyone is able to come anywhere here an state their opinion...and that shouldn’t be restricted...but, it’s the way it’s stated a lot of times. I guess I’m not built that way, to keep coming back to a place and providing criticism (even if I think it’s constructive), if I don’t have a reason. Then again, maybe it’s just because he likes pinball...but it does go both ways, and if others think he is being abrasive and condescending, then that opinion too should be respected.

#3469 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

I don't need to come to benton in order to see 'exactly what is going on' - and neither does anyone else who is unable to make a similar trip. I understand jack danger with be at spooky HQ tomorrow with his camera rig in tow. what perfect timing for customers/distributors/the industry/the curious. in addition to the gameplay stream, an opportunity presents itself to show everyone 'exactly whats going on' by allowing jack to tour the facility as part of his broadcast. probably 10 minutes to walk through the warehouse/barn and then across the street to see how that is coming together. even if he simply recorded footage to edit later for someone to authorize that would still be better than nothing.

Quoted from fantarama:

to the person I'm quoting:
nothing personal, is just that what you said have been said lots of times by a lots of peoples, or repeated a lot by a bunch of individuals, and in order to make my point I find practical to quote you.

is this one of those "club" or "owners only" thread? no? so... what are you talking about then?
this is a certain argument that seems very popular among those that disagree with points agains't their idols, and I really don't understand.
THIS is an opinion forum.
you know what makes more sense that do not talk about a pin if you don't own one or plan on buying one, do not talk about other's opinions on an open forum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
come on dude!

Not sure why either of you have your panties in such a wad over Spooky but to each their own. I personally find both of your posts long, boring, and tiresome.

I'm excited to see acnc, I'm not worried about the wait. Spooky has delivered everytime to date. I'm not worried about the star posts, I'm not worried about the flow, I'm not worried about the code. It will be a new pinball machine, it will be fun, if I don't love it or if I get tired of it I can just sell it.

#3470 5 years ago

Sorry for my part in deviation of this thread...back to ACNC. Can’t wait for tomorrow!

#3471 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Not sure why either of you have your panties in such a wad over Spooky but to each their own.

because it's part of the pinball scene. duh!

Quoted from jgentry:

I'm excited to see acnc, I'm not worried about the wait. Spooky has delivered everytime to date. I'm not worried about the star posts, I'm not worried about the flow, I'm not worried about the code. It will be a new pinball machine, it will be fun, if I don't love it or if I get tired of it I can just sell it.

oh, that wasn't boring and tiresome at all! at least you kept it short-ish, I give you that.

#3472 5 years ago

Did anyone notice the powder coat on the FB post with ACNC recently. It looks like a slightly different blue than the news letter that was sent out for ordering options. I think the blue in the FB post looks fantastic!

5C9D29E3-0FB6-4B32-B5A5-86EFA47E8859 (resized).jpeg5C9D29E3-0FB6-4B32-B5A5-86EFA47E8859 (resized).jpegF2AFF02A-70E5-44F7-9290-11F89CF1B98B (resized).pngF2AFF02A-70E5-44F7-9290-11F89CF1B98B (resized).png
#3473 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

i don't think a Spooky pin is for you. Maybe you should try JJP; they stream the same stupid shit every week, post nonsense photos of the factory and even show pins at all stages of production. Seems like a company you should look into.

#3474 5 years ago

Is there an official time for stream?

#3475 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Is there an official time for stream?

A ways up the thread someone said 6pm CST.

Quoted from KingPinGames:

I believe it is at 6pm cst.

#3476 5 years ago

Time for another photo of Vince...

#3477 5 years ago
FB_IMG_1532727360757 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1532727360757 (resized).jpg
#3478 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Did anyone notice the powder coat on the FB post with ACNC recently. It looks like a slightly different blue than the news letter that was sent out for ordering options. I think the blue in the FB post looks fantastic![quoted image][quoted image]

I did notice that, I agree that it looks great!

Quoted from SilverBallz:

i don't think a Spooky pin is for you.

I don’t think pinball in general is for him. It’s unfortunate he has caused so much unrest in this thread and has people fighting and down voting each other’s posts, he seems to really get off on that. He’s also upset the person who has the most invested in this and is working very hard to bring it to us. He obviously has no respect and no sense of decorum.

#3479 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I did notice that, I agree that it looks great!

I don’t think pinball in general is for him. It’s unfortunate he has caused so much unrest in this thread and has people fighting and down voting each other’s posts, he seems to really get off on that. He’s also upset the person who has the most invested in this and is working very hard to bring it to us. He obviously has no respect and no sense of decorum.

Yeah, I rose to take the bait unfortunately... Not my proudest moment.

Back on track, I'm digging the powder coat.

Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow night right during the stream, hopefully I can catch some of it live.

#3480 5 years ago

I too, am looking forward to them streaming some more content of what this pin can do tomorrow evening. It already looks amazing from top to bottom, phenomenal art package and playfield, animations like out of a comic book, even the tight shots look fun. I've been in since day one and personally can't wait to get mine.

#3481 5 years ago

I’m sitting on the fence on this pin but maybe some cool game play will push me over. I think spooky has done a great job on the games they have made, can’t wait to see the stream tomorrow.

#3482 5 years ago

Youtube...SDTM, ACNC, just before 8min...you see the guillotine work. Just before the 12 min mark...you see the magnet throw the ball back into play. I have read those looking for this...or wait until tomorrow...can’t wait!

#3483 5 years ago
Quoted from Ilushka85:

Want to swap for spot 113?

Nobody trade for 113 please...That is my game haha. I think he has 115. Joe and Kaytee already firmed it up and this is an honest mistake.

#3484 5 years ago

WTF? LOL!

#3485 5 years ago

That blue looks great! Really good! Wow.

#3486 5 years ago

Here...

robot-smith-lost-in-space (resized).pngrobot-smith-lost-in-space (resized).png
#3487 5 years ago

#3488 5 years ago

Excited to show this off tomorrow!

#3489 5 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

I too, am looking forward to them streaming some more content of what this pin can do tomorrow evening. It already looks amazing from top to bottom, phenomenal art package and playfield, animations like out of a comic book, even the tight shots look fun. I've been in since day one and personally can't wait to get mine.

A dungeon crawl pinball machine? I don't know about you, but to me, (a Dungeon Master from the past), this is a wet dream!

#3490 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Excited to show this off tomorrow!

Good luck Jack. #66 and excited to see how the game has moved forward since TPF ..

#3491 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was going to go with "attention whore" but maybe we can all play a little Hangman in this thread.

#3492 5 years ago

This is it, the day where if you haven't bought into ACNC, nows the time to decide. Everybody knows Jack D sells pins just by playing them. Team Spooky will probably burn through their remaining spots soon.

20180730_101250 (resized).jpg20180730_101250 (resized).jpg
#3493 5 years ago

Which friends? That too will be interesting to see.

Counting down...

#3494 5 years ago

I don't recall this question being asked but do we know if edge and hole protectors will be factory installed or if we need to buy Cliffies?

If we need to purchase, does anyone know if there are some in the works?

#3495 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I don't recall this question being asked but do we know if edge and hole protectors will be factory installed or if we need to buy Cliffies?
If we need to purchase, does anyone know if there are some in the works?

Spooky has one of the best (if not THE best) clear coats in the industry. To my knowledge, cliffy's are not needed on Spooky games.

#3496 5 years ago

Anyone know if the game at pinburgh had the latest code? Seemed really lacking and about the same as it was at Texas. I'm also yet to see anyone be able to hit it up the ramp on the upper playfield, even with a solid shot.

#3497 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anyone know if the game at pinburgh had the latest code? Seemed really lacking and about the same as it was at Texas. I'm also yet to see anyone be able to hit it up the ramp on the upper playfield, even with a solid shot.

I herd it was the same code as TPF So i hope they show a big update tonight.

#3498 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Spooky has one of the best (if not THE best) clear coats in the industry. To my knowledge, cliffy's are not needed on Spooky games.

wow. thats a bold statement. reckon I oughta fold up shop?

#3499 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

nope, there are plenty of other (un-named) playfield manufactures out there that still need them and many people love your product (myself included). I have your product(s) on almost all of my other games.

#3500 5 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

It would give you some free time, maybe a cross-country motorcycle trip? You are welcome to stay at our place anytime.

Brad

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
7,057 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions
Other
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/70 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.