20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 114.
#251 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Pin based on the movie "Seven"....uncover the seven crimes then confront the killer?

What's in the boooox?
lights.. and solenoids that actually function because it'll have code before it's presented to the public

#252 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Pin based on the movie "Seven"....uncover the seven crimes then confront the killer?

+1 on buying something like this and it doesn't have to be movie related.(BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE IT LINEAR).
thx.
se7en_there_are_seven_deadly_sins_captain (resized).pngse7en_there_are_seven_deadly_sins_captain (resized).png

#253 7 years ago

I have a white display in my AMH and I wouldn't pay for the color.

#254 7 years ago

Monochromatic green really fits the theme of AMH (all those ghost shows and night vision)

This may sound insane but I wouldn't even mind doing another game in B&W.

#255 7 years ago

There is an art to doing great black & white.

#256 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

There is an art to doing great black & white.

So tempted to post one of those hot 1990s "artsy" B&W Cindy Crawford topless shots!

#257 7 years ago

I'm still surprised at how underpowered the Pinheck is, given the processors available today. Seeing programmers talk about limited resources and finding space in 2016 is very retro.

#258 7 years ago

Yeah it only has 160K of RAM it's awesome!

We may bump up the specs down the road but I'm going to squeeze as much blood from this hardware as I can.

#259 7 years ago

Just because more power is available, doesn't necessarily mean you should use it. Here's the Pinheck hardware guy's take on it:

Quoted from LonghornEngineer:

The system supports a color LCD DMD and has plenty of I/O. As long as Chuck doesn't do anything insane that needs more horse power it should last for awhile. I am against putting a computer with an OS inside a pinball machine. Maybe someday we will have to but we are going to get by as long as we can with talking to the metal

#260 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'm still surprised at how underpowered the Pinheck is, given the processors available today. Seeing programmers talk about limited resources and finding space in 2016 is very retro.

AMH started off as a one-off project and Ben said that he liked the original microcontroller, so was just going to use it. I mean it surprises me as well, but I bet once they find the hardware sweetspot that will support a double high DMD size display, that will be used for quite a while.

#261 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

in based on the movie "Seven"....uncover the seven crimes then confront the killer?

I like that, Creepshow would be my #1 pick.

#262 7 years ago

One thing I really like about the Pinheck board is how quickly it boots. After I turn on my pins I can get a full game in on RZ before WOZ is even ready to play.

#263 7 years ago

Blade Runner would be a great spooky title!
But I'm in if they make a Jetsons too!

#264 7 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

After I turn on my pins I can get a full game in on RZ before WOZ is even ready to play.

Yeah, I manage to drain all three balls pretty fast on my games, too.

#265 7 years ago

Dave Chappelle Show. Make it happen.

#266 7 years ago

It's time for the Muppets!!!!!

#267 7 years ago

Scooby Doo hands down would make the best pin ever!

#268 7 years ago

Futurama. Tons of great content. And it's not a kids show...

#269 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

THIS.

Futurama is perfect. I like it more than Simpsons for a pin but that's me. Surprised it hasn't been done.

#270 7 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

also, practically written for a pinball machine. Travel to various planets delivering packages, various iconic episodes, great characters and call outs. Even if you did not get cusomt callouts there is enough great stuff to pull from the series.

#271 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

also, practically written for a pinball machine. Travel to various planets delivering packages, various iconic episodes, great characters and call outs. Even if you did not get cusomt callouts there is enough great stuff to pull from the series.

It's not Futurama.

#272 7 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

It's not Futurama.

yeah, I know

I have pushed Ben for Years to do Futurama, but can tell from his reaction it is not happening.

Maybe for Ben's 3rd game.

#273 7 years ago

If they get to do another music pin, what would the thoughts be on one built around Meatloaf's Bat out of hell? Timeless music (although long), and a lot of great artwork already done. Paradise by the dashboard light wizard mode!

#274 7 years ago

Futurama would be a definite buy from my family. Kind of surprised it's not a machine yet, what with all the potential. Load a ball into planet express for ball lock, instead of habitrals you could have those tubes that move people around the city.

#275 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

If they get to do another music pin, what would the thoughts be on one built around Meatloaf's Bat out of hell? Timeless music (although long), and a lot of great artwork already done. Paradise by the dashboard light wizard mode!

That would instantly free up my spot.

Quoted from GotAQuestion:

Futurama would be a definite buy from my family. Kind of surprised it's not a machine yet, what with all the potential. Load a ball into planet express for ball lock, instead of habitrals you could have those tubes that move people around the city.

Are tubes trademarked for use on a pinball machine? Why haven't they been used on more games?

#276 7 years ago

I didn't realize they were in ANY games. I assumed it was just a "stick with what works" decision not to use tubes. I suppose they'd be harder to clean, but I think in this case it's cool enough that it'd be worth it.

#277 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are tubes trademarked for use on a pinball machine? Why haven't they been used on more games?

Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I didn't realize they were in ANY games. I assumed it was just a "stick with what works" decision not to use tubes. I suppose they'd be harder to clean, but I think in this case it's cool enough that it'd be worth it.

It's probably because wireforms and normal plastic ramps do better with restricting side-to-side motion. Because there's basically always something in contact with the bottom and some sort of side contact (i.e. side wall of ramp, or two spaced wires), the ball's path is more defined and will travel quicker due to that lost "degree of freedom" (glad I could use that term today).

Tubes, which have been used in games like Xenon, MGOW, and BBB, are completely round devices and therefore can only be in contact with the ball at one single point at any given moment. Therefore in a tube, there can also be side to side motion in the tube if the ball isn't perfectly aligned which will kill flow/momentum. Straight tubes with straight ball entry have the least chance of this happening, and the smaller the tube ID, I imagine it gets better. But to replace ramps in a games like CFTBL and Hook with tubes could result in a ton of stuck balls.

#278 7 years ago

I'm not saying it would work for all games, but for a straight shot it seems like they could be used more often. Would probably be a must on Futurama.

#279 7 years ago

Most likely Spooky's next pin will be something dark or horror related but don't quote me Who knows maybe another Elvira pin with Nordman as a designer? Probably cost a pretty penny to buy in on an Elvira license and have Nordman.

#280 7 years ago

Super Mario Bros has a tube as a part of the habitrail that comes down the left side. It works with the theme, but I wonder how much cost reduction it would be for that compared to a full wire or ramp.

#281 7 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

...but I won't do that. No, I won't do that.

#282 7 years ago

Meatloaf is one of my favorite Pandora stations. SPOOKY MEATLOAF CONFIRMED?????

DID YOU KNOW the video for "I would do anything for love" was directed by Michael Bay?

#283 7 years ago

TMNT was a Michael Bay movie too

Confirmed

#284 7 years ago

I had no idea about Michael Bay, but did you know that Michael Mann directed The Keep (1983) and the film features a Tangerine Dream soundtrack?

Brad

#285 7 years ago

A Meatloaf pin would be one of the few music themes that would make Aerosmith actually look like a good idea...

#286 7 years ago

I would love Spooky to make a Blade Runner pin. Sadly probably to many license agreements to make this possible.

#287 7 years ago

Together with a proud AMH owner I´m currently trying to connect a pin2dmd Color LED DMD to a AMH. I may need to modify the propeller code to forward the 4bit animation info to the display more efficiently . I want to compile the latest version of the code but I only found the V22 source. To avoid hacking the modification into the binary, where can I get the V23 source ?

#288 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It would be better if you did one based on his son-in-laws band.

rd

1 week later
#289 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

DID YOU KNOW the video for "I would do anything for love" was directed by Michael Bay?

Let's not talk about it.
IMG_0548.JPGIMG_0548.JPG

#290 7 years ago

I don't think Meatloaf pin would sell to well. Talk about boutique title. First 30 would sell fast, then a long road of several years, say 10, to unload the other 470.

#291 7 years ago

If the new pin is WOOLY, which it should be, I'm definitely in.

#292 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

It would be better if you did one based on his son-in-laws band.
rd

Son in Law would be awesome

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#293 7 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_albums

Bat out of Hell is one of the top albums of all time.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

SPOOKY MEATLOAF CONFIRMED?????

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Jim Steinman is already in song game development... there will be a mountain top with a dream and a thing, and a fire down in the valley below.

Don't make Ben and I beat ya'll over the head with why Meat Loaf is possibly the best idea for a game ever. We'll do it!

#295 7 years ago

Watch this video and tell me a LOAF pin wouldn't make all the stadiums rock:

#296 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

A Meatloaf pin would be one of the few music themes that would make Aerosmith actually look like a good idea...

Blasphemy! Meatloaf rocks so much more than Aerosmith.

#297 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Watch this video and tell me a LOAF pin wouldn't make all the stadiums rock

Indiana Jones completely ripped off the Loaf... little known fact. That's how influential Meat is.

#298 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Watch this video and tell me a LOAF pin wouldn't make all the stadiums rock:
» YouTube video

Oh how I miss the 90s. That must have been at the peak of music video production. At least it gives us all hope that we can still get the girl in the end.

#299 7 years ago

You guys teasing us with a Meatloaf pin makes my heart hurt.

While you're at it, just make a Tenacious D pin.

Be sure to put "We are the D!" as the attract song.

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

While you're at it, just make a Tenacious D pin.

Be sure to put "We are the D!" as the attract song.

It's a shame Jack Black got famous and a big head, would have liked to see tenacious D expand

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 14.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/6?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.