Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 113.
#3401 1 year ago

Good morning Pinsiders.

After some discussion among the mod team and with Robin, we’ve decided to reverse a few of the off topic moderations issued in this thread last night. While we desire people to generally stay on topic we have decided to issue public warnings to stay on topic prior to issuing moderations (this is not nevisarily applicable to members who are common off topic offenders or have already received many moderations, but the three off topic moderations to you good Pinsiders from last night have been reversed).

Remember, stay away from political issues; if you feel the need to say you are taking something to PM you probably already should have done it; if you see a violation from someone do not quote them and respond simply report them to us; do not feed the trolls.

Thank you for your assistance, please carry on.

#3402 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

#250 - My first pin and after getting about 20 plays on ACNC at SFGE and talking to everyone at Spooky, it only further validated my decision. It played great, looked great, and felt great! I'm excited to see how far the code has come along.

Congrats on ordering your first game. Reach out to Kenny who is local to you if you haven't already. He's been in the hobby a long time.

#3403 1 year ago

I’ve studied all the pics out there...can’t wait for July 30th for the video. For me...this looks like a home run. The shots are unique, and I can’t figure out all of them from pics (looking at the blank playfield, from a pic on pinside, and comparing them to the pics available). From the videos so far, seems fast as well, but calculated. Looking forward to more info...but so glad I’m in.

#3404 1 year ago

I hope we see some solid video when it comes out.. Even though I have not been happy with the video that has been floating around I am not concerned at all. The fact that its using the same platform as TNA combined with some pretty amazing art work both on the cabinet and under the glass leaves me thinking that once in full production mode we are going to be on the edge of our seats to play it.

#3405 1 year ago

Like this guy trilogybeer

7D4476F0-3358-418E-9B15-812C30D1E2A1 (resized).jpeg

#3406 1 year ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Ooo, sexy!
He's playing the right game though.

#3407 1 year ago
Quoted from vidgameseller:

Yep, and I still won that dollar game ,despite the efforts of another player to ruin my good round .

#3408 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Yep, and I still won that dollar game ,despite the efforts of another player to ruin my good round .

Dug for the win!

rd

#3409 1 year ago

I was wondering if there is anyone here who have, or has seen a butter cab (TNA, RZ). They sound incredible...what’d ya think? I’m in on an ACNC with butter cab, and just curious. Living vicariously thru others!

#3410 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I was wondering if there is anyone here who have, or has seen a butter cab (TNA, RZ). They sound incredible...what’d ya think? I’m in on an ACNC with butter cab, and just curious. Living vicariously thru others!

I've seen one on the TnA and would never pay the premium for it. ACNC cab is a little cooler but still, I don't think it's worth it (just like I don't think so for JJP games...)

#3411 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I've seen one on the TnA and would never pay the premium for it. ACNC cab is a little cooler but still, I don't think it's worth it (just like I don't think so for JJP games...)

I see your point with TNA...artwork on the cab is basic. But, ACNC really looks like a piece of art. Plus, I don’t think any other company offers something like it (I may be wrong). Everyone else uses decals/stickers. I love art, especially street art. I really can’t wait to see what it looks like...but have a while. The price is a premium...but compared to my Stern SW prem price...I have no problem paying the extra for this.

Searched pinside...got my answer. The butter cab is totally worth it to me. Can’t wait!!

#3412 1 year ago

What even is a butter cabinet!? A glossy cabinet basically? Are you all nuts?

#3413 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Here's what a FT butter cabinet looks like and also a comparison between TNA butter and decal. It's certainly not for everyone.

IMG_0319 (resized).JPGIMG_2501 (resized).JPGIMG_2502 (resized).JPG
#3414 1 year ago

Colors appear deeper and richer. Thanks for the pics! Yes, not for everyone, but I still am stoked about it. I think ACNC will look awesome in a butter cab. I’m also curious about color durability...my pins are not in the basement. I keep the sun off of them, but my house has a ton of windows. I’ll let ya know in 20 years lol.

Could compare to art...a print vs a real painting...they look very similar, but the real painting will look better...IMHO.

#3415 1 year ago

You could clear over the normal cab for the same sheen. What you're paying for though is direct (presumably screen?) print vs a decal.

#3416 1 year ago

The sheen looks nice, but that’s be like putting clear gloss over a print for the wall. What makes the butter cab is how it’s printed. Colors look better.

#3417 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

The sheen looks nice, but that’s be like putting clear gloss over a print for the wall. What makes the butter cab is how it’s printed. Colors look better.

Not really. Decals vs. direct screen to primed wood is totally different vs. painting / print. Unless a painting is finished with a gloss glaze (few are), there is absolutely no reason why you would do the same to the print. The reason remains the same for clearing either decals or a direct print cab, to protect it and make it look glossier.

#3418 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Not really. Decals vs. direct screen to primed wood is totally different vs. painting / print. Unless a painting is finished with a gloss glaze (few are), there is absolutely no reason why you would do the same to the print. The reason remains the same for clearing either decals or a direct print cab, to protect it and make it look glossier.

I see your point...maybe not the greatest analogy. Either way, I think the direct screen print to primed wood looks much better than decals.

#3419 1 year ago

yeah i will pass, especially as so many of put them in a corner of a room and you never fully see the art.

#3420 1 year ago

I like the non Butter better.

BUTT or NO BUTT.

Butters basically better baby better buy butter. 5 times fast.

#3421 1 year ago

Well the way I see it, if you have multiple pins then it just gets hidden anyway. Better to spend it on mods that show.

#3422 1 year ago

Never see the side of any games. Looks shiny though.

#3423 1 year ago

View from the front door. The guitar will come down, and ACNC will go there. I see my games as pieces of art. So, for me, the butter cab on this particular machine makes total sense. Those with game rooms in the basement with pins tight, side-by-side, it wouldn’t be worth it.

7B2FB774-CCC3-4430-B88F-7CCD9153A9A8 (resized).jpeg
#3424 1 year ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Here's what a FT butter cabinet looks like and also a comparison between TNA butter and decal. It's certainly not for everyone.

Anybody have a butter and no butter pic comparing RZ cabinets? Gotta see what I missed out on and consider swapping my game into. Spooky do you have a cabinet exchange service?

#3425 1 year ago

The butter cabinet on ACNC looks amazing!!! If I were to ever splurge for something like that on a showpiece machine it would be for this game. Having said that if it's just going to sit wedged between other machines perhaps there is a better used for that cash. Totally depends on the situation. I would probably spend that same cash to get color DMDs in my other games, but like I said originally it's amazing on this game.

#3426 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

View from the front door. The guitar will come down, and ACNC will go there. I see my games as pieces of art. So, for me, the butter cab on this particular machine makes total sense. Those with game rooms in the basement with pins tight, side-by-side, it wouldn’t be worth it.

And IMO, you will have the better of the two sides exposed.

#3427 1 year ago

On ACNC the butter cab gives some of the colors a different look. I prefer them on the non-butter so it they were the same price it would be a coin toss for me.

#3428 1 year ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

On ACNC the butter cab gives some of the colors a different look. I prefer them on the non-butter so it they were the same price it would be a coin toss for me.

Aside from the intensity I see the butter cabinet looking very 3D while non butter looks 2D. Butta makes me wanna reach out and touch ya I like that effect more so would go butter. What's the price difference?

#3429 1 year ago

$999...but my total was about what I spent on my SW prem...and that’s not a butter cab.

#3430 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Anybody have a butter and no butter pic comparing RZ cabinets? Gotta see what I missed out on and consider swapping my game into. Spooky do you have a cabinet exchange service?

I do not have pics but the RZ cabinet in butter looks awesome !

#3431 1 year ago

Butter wasn’t an option on RZ, but I think they may have done it for the one-off custom no. 300 that they auctioned off for charity.

#3432 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I do not have pics but the RZ cabinet in butter looks awesome !

Were you "300"? If so, cool. I asked if I could get #500 ACNC, but was told they auction off the last one for charity. Very cool of Spooky.

#3433 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Butter wasn’t an option on RZ, but I think they may have done it for the one-off custom no. 300 that they auctioned off for charity.

Not an option , but the people that helped with the production of the game got theirs in butter as a thank you from spooky . I have seen a few .

Quoted from dnapac:

We’re you "300"? If so, cool. I asked if I could get #500 ACNC, but was told they auction off the last one for charity. Very cool of Spooky.

I did not get "300" , But I did make the custom one of a kind pingulp that went with "300" .

#3434 1 year ago

I’ve watched Spooky since AMH. I have Stern games...owned Bally’s and Williams games, love them all. I know they are a business, and businesses have to do certain things to stay alive, but Spooky really gets props. Small company, starting to make it, and a company of their word...plus they don’t forget to give back. I’m happy to have pulled the trigger for my first Spooky with ACNC...can’t wait.

#3435 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Not an option , but the people that helped with the production of the game got theirs in butter as a thank you from spooky . I have seen a few .

I did not get "300" , But I did make the custom one of a kind pingulp that went with "300" .

So fawzma might have a buttered cabinet? Come on Spooky, show us what ya got...pics??

IMG_0477.GIFIMG_0478.GIF
#3437 1 year ago

Yay!!

Screenshot_20180726-174603_Facebook (resized).jpg
#3438 1 year ago

will jack and guests be playing a production machine or a prototype come monday?

#3439 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

will jack and guests be playing a production machine or a prototype come monday?

Sorry, but we all voted and u don't get to watch the video.

#3440 1 year ago

Wow, synchronized with the JJPOTC build? Co-inky-dink, completely!

This is great to see.

#3441 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

if that voting went down anything like last years TWIPY awards, then i can see how you won.

ON, WISCONSIN.

camprandall01 (2) (resized).jpg
#3442 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

large (resized).jpg
#3443 1 year ago
87f4ce188cefdf615bad242335311db4--wisconsin-meme (resized).jpg
#3444 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1531787302617 (resized).jpg
#3445 1 year ago

Good changes in life are coming my way and I need to roll with it. Selling my Alice Cooper spot, #45. No profit, just want to get my deposit back.
Thanks

#3446 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good changes in life are coming my way and I need to roll with it. Selling my Alice Cooper spot, #45. No profit, just want to get my deposit back.
Thanks

When would be the expected arrival date of game #45? I've got a lot of interest in this title but waiting drives me bananas.

#3447 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good changes in life are coming my way

I wish nothing but the best for you !

LTG : )

#3448 1 year ago
Quoted from tp:

When would be the expected arrival date of game #45?

somebody out there is going to tell you october. if games numbers mean anything, that's 368 games sooner than the guy who just put a deposit on #413 just over a week ago.

#3449 1 year ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

somebody out there is going to tell you october. if games numbers mean anything, that's 368 games sooner than the guy who just put a deposit on #413 just over a week ago.

And I’m glad to do so. Can’t wait for my first Spooky...and ACNC is a beautiful pin...but willing to wait. If you’re not...why are you here? There is a number of other threads. Why call me out?

#3450 1 year ago

pretty sad.

somebody has an op to purchase game #45. i point out to him that the current queue is at #413+ and that he can save months of waiting; possibly take delivery in october. its incredibly straightforward.

now where are you coming from?
i make no mention of you personally [have never had an interaction with you before], i make no light/fun of anyone or circumstance, i make no comment [good/bad/indiffernt] regarding your decision to purchase #413. what is it that you are possibly inferring from the context of my post that upsets you? what assumptions are you making as to my mindset at the time i wrote those two sentences that have you believing im 'calling you out'? why are you telling me to take my ball and go play elsewhere? why dont you just read what is written, as written.

this exchange only goes to show how damning character assassination can be and, as a victim, how difficult it is to resurrect oneself. whysnow is playing all of you.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
6,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Chatham, MA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Round Lake, IL
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 59.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6,450.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside