20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 114.
#3301 5 years ago

Got a question...and yes, I did do a quick search for the answer, but got lazy. Does ACNC have a translite or a backglass? Doesn’t affect my decision that I’ve made just curious.

#3302 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Got a question...and yes, I did do a quick search for the answer, but got lazy. Does ACNC have a translite or a backglass? Doesn’t affect my decision that I’ve made just curious.

BG

#3303 5 years ago

Sweet! I ordered all the extras...shaker, knocker, protective plastics, art blades, powder coating, and butter cab...about the same price as a Stern Prem. Stern would charge a Super LE price for this...3-4k more. I haven’t played this game, then again, I didn’t play the two I own...and love them...from my research, and knowing what I like. So stoked on my first Spooky!

#3304 5 years ago

Very excited for it!.

If anyone hears an updated factory mod list, or game production timeframe by #’s please share.

#3305 5 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Very excited for it!.
If anyone hears an updated factory mod list, or game production timeframe by #’s please share.

I’m 413, and was told winter 2019.

Nightmare Castle Pin....$6450
Knocker/Shaker install...$25 (got to buy them from pinballlife.com)
Interior cab. Decals. $65
Monster mirrors (mirror blades) $85
5 piece protector set...$25
Scary Blue powder coat...$125
Butter coat cabinet...$999

#3306 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Interior cab. Decals. $65

Not sure you can have both?

#3307 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Not sure you can have both?

I believe he was answering the question about the cost of mods that are available.

#3308 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

I believe he was answering the question about the cost of mods that are available.

Not both, just Spooky sent for me for options. Per their pdf.

#3309 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Has anyone ever thought of or actually routed out the top insides of a cabinet by maybe 1/8" to allow for mirror blades to sit into the cabinet as opposed to sticking out and having the likelihood of getting scratched up? New builds would be perfect for this.

#3310 5 years ago
Quoted from markymark2400:

... Still pondering why the Frankenstein monster is blue though? hmmm. peace out!

Maybe Franky has been having "relations" with Cold Ethyl?

#3311 5 years ago

So, are the lighted speakers going to be on ACNC? Option? Cost?

I have lighted speakers on all my modern games. Alice would look weird in my collection without them...

#3312 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I have lighted speakers on all my modern games. Alice would look weird in my collection without them...

I also remember reading something about a possible option for an even higher quality screen.... I wonder if that would be the case. Also, id love the option for Invisiglass shipped with the game.

#3313 5 years ago

I think the lit speaker panels are now offered on TNA. So it would make sense to do them for ACNC too.

IMO the better IPS screen should be offered as an option too. Silly for customers to have to do the change over themselves when a lot will do it immediately.

#3314 5 years ago

Spot #329 for sale for 900 save 100 on your deposit

#3315 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

I have lighted speakers on all my modern games. Alice would look weird in my
collection without them...

I asked Charlie this particular question at SFGE. The lighted speakers are an add on option. I didn't ask price, but I would assume pretty close to the TNA set price.

#3316 5 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

I also remember reading something about a possible option for an even higher quality screen.... I wonder if that would be the case. Also, id love the option for Invisiglass shipped with the game.

ACNC should Shipp with an IPS out of the box. Maybe they can offer an even better quality display but it shouldn't ship with a mediocre display.

#3317 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

ACNC should Shipp with an IPS out of the box. Maybe they can offer an even better quality display but it shouldn't ship with a mediocre display.

Wasn't it confirmed as being the same one as TNA (and I think RZ too)? Also, I think Stern use a TN panel. Just one with better viewing angles than TNA.

#3318 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Has no one else other than the HoF received one of these yet?

My guess is there is at least another one on location somewhere based on this post:

"Has anyone had any time on this game yet? I started playing one on location yesterday and had a bunch of confusing moments, but wasn’t sure if they were due to incomplete code or mechanical issues. I’ve only had about 5 games on it, so these are very early impressions and are relatively uninformed.

When the mode is ready, it says to start it at the secret passage. The passage shot is lit, but when shooting it, the ball just comes around the right orbit without starting a mode. After a drain, launching the next ball will start the lit mode though.

Shooting the center scoop builds the mystery, but when mystery is lit on the left scoop it doesnt award anything, just stays lit.

When you use the outlane ball save (earned and used just like TNA), there is a magnet below the flippers that grabs the ball. I thought it was going to toss the ball back into play like 007, but it just dropped it and another ball autolaunched into play. Is this the intended behavior?

The ramps are STEEP. This is a brand new game and the shot needs to be damn near perfect for the left ramp (which will usually roll back sdtm) and absolutely perfect and preferably with a moving ball to make the right ramp. Maybe flipper strength can be adjusted in settings, but as it stands they’re super difficult and frustrating.

A plea to Spooky - PLEASE give some warning on the left scoop kickout. A light, a sound effect, something! There are two hidden scoops in the middle of the playfield that feed the left kickout and it’s very unclear where the ball is coming from.

I ended up in multiball once over 5 games because the ramps were so hard to hit. And the goal when the multiball started was… shoot the ramps! Good grief. Well with the traffic of multiball it was even tougher to hit the already difficult ramps. Again, this could come down to a flipper strength setting.

Shots that exit the right orbit are almost always catching the right sling. Is this intended, or possibly a pitch issue? Maybe the game is set too steep, I don’t know. Could explain the ramp difficulty though.

That’s all I can think of for now, but I’ll add more as I get more time on it. The art and display are nicely done. Couldn’t really hear the audio because of the noisy room. Upper playfield is unique and gives some good nudging opportunities, but I didn’t make it up there enough to really get a feel for it."

#3319 5 years ago

Hmm, I thought it was a translite. I’ll be happy to be wrong though.

#3320 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I could be wrong. It was referred to as a backglass but now I can’t find a spooky reference to that.

#3321 5 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

It’ll be a backglass like all their other games. They do sell translites at shows.

#3322 5 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

It’ll be a backglass like all their other games. They do sell translites at shows.

Yes to the backglass.

#3323 5 years ago

Alice And Dennis at the Hall Of Fame: Alice Cooper and Dennis Dunaway will be at the Cleveland Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame later today [Monday 16th] for a public interview session to discuss the new Hall of Fame exhibit "Part Of The Machine: Rock and Pinball'. The exhibit will include the new 'Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle', the original Electric Chair from 1971, and the rare Andy Warhol print Alice found last year. The event is free with admission to the museum, and begins at 12.45pm on the level 1 Klipsch Main Stage.
The 'Rock and Pinball' exihibit features many music related pinball machines, which are all playable using special Rock Hall tokens, a limited number of which are included with the price of admission to the museum, while extra tokens can be purchased in the exhibit. http://dlvr.it/QbhZSc

#3324 5 years ago

Excited to get to show this baby off!!!

#3325 5 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

Excited to get to show this baby off!!!

date and time so I can block it off on the schedule...?

#3326 5 years ago

Soon, Day, 2018.
I'm guessing VERY SOON after ReplayFX

#3327 5 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

My guess is there is at least another one on location somewhere based on this post:
"Has anyone had any time on this game yet? I started playing one on location yesterday and had a bunch of confusing moments, but wasn’t sure if they were due to incomplete code or mechanical issues. I’ve only had about 5 games on it, so these are very early impressions and are relatively uninformed.
When the mode is ready, it says to start it at the secret passage. The passage shot is lit, but when shooting it, the ball just comes around the right orbit without starting a mode. After a drain, launching the next ball will start the lit mode though.
Shooting the center scoop builds the mystery, but when mystery is lit on the left scoop it doesnt award anything, just stays lit.
When you use the outlane ball save (earned and used just like TNA), there is a magnet below the flippers that grabs the ball. I thought it was going to toss the ball back into play like 007, but it just dropped it and another ball autolaunched into play. Is this the intended behavior?
The ramps are STEEP. This is a brand new game and the shot needs to be damn near perfect for the left ramp (which will usually roll back sdtm) and absolutely perfect and preferably with a moving ball to make the right ramp. Maybe flipper strength can be adjusted in settings, but as it stands they’re super difficult and frustrating.
A plea to Spooky - PLEASE give some warning on the left scoop kickout. A light, a sound effect, something! There are two hidden scoops in the middle of the playfield that feed the left kickout and it’s very unclear where the ball is coming from.
I ended up in multiball once over 5 games because the ramps were so hard to hit. And the goal when the multiball started was… shoot the ramps! Good grief. Well with the traffic of multiball it was even tougher to hit the already difficult ramps. Again, this could come down to a flipper strength setting.
Shots that exit the right orbit are almost always catching the right sling. Is this intended, or possibly a pitch issue? Maybe the game is set too steep, I don’t know. Could explain the ramp difficulty though.
That’s all I can think of for now, but I’ll add more as I get more time on it. The art and display are nicely done. Couldn’t really hear the audio because of the noisy room. Upper playfield is unique and gives some good nudging opportunities, but I didn’t make it up there enough to really get a feel for it."

Sounds like the same problem I had back at PATZ. Low voltage at shows. Also shows are almost always too loud to hear anything and they probably didn't set angle right either.

#3328 5 years ago

Had the pleasure of hanging out with Alice and Dennis at the Rock hall dedication today, the dude is awesome. He should be on Sirius XM talking about the game and the exibit nowish. The rock hall station. Sorry my photos suck, the rock hall took formal photos and I'll post them when I get them.

IMAG1717 (resized).jpgIMAG1717 (resized).jpgIMAG1718 (resized).jpgIMAG1718 (resized).jpgIMAG1728 (resized).jpgIMAG1728 (resized).jpg
#3329 5 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

Had the pleasure of hanging out with Alice and Dennis at the Rock hall dedication today, the dude is awesome. He should be on Sirius XM talking about the game and the exibit nowish. The rock hall station. Sorry my photos suck, the rock hall took formal photos and I'll post them when I get them.

Oh my...I think I'll be taking inspiration from that giant pinball smashed into the wall for my own arcade decor. Hmm

#3332 5 years ago

the best video I've seen by far. Still not what I'm looking for and it's somewhat old but at least I can hear the damn music. Still can't believe it hasn't been shown properly but whatever broken record at this point.

From the video, I like the sound effects although I wonder if the sling sounds will get annoying. Alice's comment range from OK to borderline awkward (you'll never come out of here....alive) but I'm hoping there is enough variety to get by.

Love the look of the game - and the main theme sounds cool - def want to see more. Wolf howl part was great too.

#3333 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the best video I've seen by far. Still not what I'm looking for and it's somewhat old ...

contentious, at the time, as well.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly, automatically gets a handful of people all worked up.

even though it has been three months since then, it appears everyone will finally see what they have been missing sometime after replay fx; which will be … in two weeks.

#3334 5 years ago

oh god I hope Jack Danger plays well! ok, I'll show myself out.

#3335 5 years ago

Oh, don't worry. I still have all my mattress tags.

#3336 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Alice's comment range from OK to borderline awkward (you'll never come out of here....alive) but I'm hoping there is enough variety to get by.

Alice's call outs are fine.

#3337 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Oh, don't worry. I still have all my mattress tags.

Give proper credit.

#3338 5 years ago

https://m.clevescene.com/scene-and-heard/archives/2018/07/16/alice-cooper-appears-at-the-rock-hall-to-officially-open-the-new-pinball-machine-exhibit

It is funny to read. I don't think Alice quite knows what is in the game. The quote above pretties for you doesn't make sense.
Magicchiz

#3339 5 years ago

It was pretty awesome seeing the dedication in person yesterday. Alice Cooper was really nice. He mentioned that he has a Dr Dude at home. Rob Zombie stopped by later to check out the interview you can spot him next to the stage.

To the questions and comments regarding the games in the Rock Hall. I'd love to see more included and obviously suggested RZ and Iron Maiden. In time they might add some more machines and currently have Nugent and AC/DC on reserve to swap in however their selections are also based on the artists not just on weather they are rock pinball machines. If Iron Maiden is inducted into the RRHoF this year I'm sure adding the pin into the exhibit will be a priority. It is currently at our pinball parlor just down the street and Ed from Barenaked Ladies just threw up the high score before his show. If you want to chime in on the exhibit my brother made a thread about it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-exibit-at-the-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-museum-opening-july-1#post-4487050

I checked the audits yesterday before the dedication and ACNC had almost 900 plays in 4 days! I've been sending Charlie updates on all the stuff I notice so many of the bugs, stuck ball areas, and other faults will be discovered and resolved by the time people receive their machines. There was only 1 stuck ball all weekend which is pretty crazy to me when you think about the volume of play.

37247479_10105860571669400_388137719252910080_n (resized).jpg37247479_10105860571669400_388137719252910080_n (resized).jpgIMG_8965 (resized).jpgIMG_8965 (resized).jpg
#3340 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

the best video I've seen by far. Still not what I'm looking for and it's somewhat old but at least I can hear the damn music. Still can't believe it hasn't been shown properly but whatever broken record at this point.
From the video, I like the sound effects although I wonder if the sling sounds will get annoying. Alice's comment range from OK to borderline awkward (you'll never come out of here....alive) but I'm hoping there is enough variety to get by.
Love the look of the game - and the main theme sounds cool - def want to see more. Wolf howl part was great too.

When is this video from?

#3341 5 years ago

Alice Coopers US tour kicks off Aug 3rd in Milwaukee!! As a wise man once said... "One can never see Alice Cooper live too many times!"

http://www.alicecooper.com/

#3342 5 years ago

You mean they don't already have AC/DC on display at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame exhibit?! That seems like a travesty to me. Such a great pin.

#3343 5 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

oh god I hope Jack Danger plays well! ok, I'll show myself out.

Can you imagine how this thread would implode if he bricked the shots on his first few balls and ended with a 60 second game?

Quoted from delt31:

Alice's comment range from OK to borderline awkward (you'll never come out of here....alive) but I'm hoping there is enough variety to get by.

This is my biggest concern (of several) about the game. Granted we've likely only heard a tiny percentage of the audio clips, but what we've heard skews toward cringe-worthy. Anyone who doesn't agree must also like the callouts in AMH. Say what you will about Spooky's RZ, but Rob crushes his callouts in that game. They're energetic and in your face. Alice sounds half-dead/amateur.

I love the aesthetic of this game SO much, and the dungeon crawling potential sounds awesome. However, despite Chuck mockingly chanting "this game has no flow" while hitting orbit shots (I don't think repeating an outside orbit counts as flow) I am concerned about the layout. Most shots are super narrow and either end in scoops, dead-ends, or the upper playfield. I love stop-and-go games like TZ as much, if not more than Steve Ritchie style flow games, but maybe not here.

I own 2 Spooky games already and I was SO tempted to plop down an early deposit, but to date, the game just doesn't look fun to me. I hope I'm wrong because there's so much potential in the concept. The bottom line is that there hasn't been a single video I'm aware of that shows anyone having a good game. I'm the furthest thing from a Stern fanboy, but my next pinball purchase is going to be Iron Maiden (even though I kinda hate the band) because that game is so damn fun. If Alice isn't going to be fun (and we don't actually know yet, although I'm skeptical) then I'm just not ever going to be interested.

#3344 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

If Alice isn't going to be fun (and we don't actually know yet, although I'm skeptical) then I'm just not ever going to be interested.

Some games are not very fun at first but get much better as you get used to the shots.

These games tend to not do well at shows and look like clunk fests in videos with people playing the game for the first time.

Wide open fan layouts are fast and fun at first and do well at shows. However, these games all start to feel too similar to me. They really need excellent rules and theme implementation to set one apart from another.

#3345 5 years ago

July 30. Jack Danger. Dead flip style ACNC in Benton at Spooky headquarters!

#3346 5 years ago

via Facebook:

Spooky Pinball LLC

Jack Danger will be in Benton on July 30th at the Spooky Pinball world headquarters to stream some Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Dead Flip Style. You have been warned!

#3347 5 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

via Facebook:
Spooky Pinball LLC
Jack Danger will be in Benton on July 30th at the Spooky Pinball world headquarters to stream some Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle, Dead Flip Style. You have been warned!

Sweet can't wait to see how it has come since TPF

#3348 5 years ago

So have any more besides the one game shipped yet?

#3349 5 years ago

Evidently Spooky's idea of "shipping in June" was one game.

#3350 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Evidently Spooky's idea of "shipping in June" was one game.

bush-mission[1] (resized).jpgbush-mission[1] (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.