20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 114.
#3251 5 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

That is game #1 there's some bugs

expect every ACNC to have some bugs

bugs01 (resized).jpgbugs01 (resized).jpg
#3252 5 years ago

4 days, nothing to add?

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, nothing to add?

***crickets***

see: bugs (above)

#3254 5 years ago

Now I should have come up with that, great job!

#3255 5 years ago

Since there are no unboxing updates--does that mean only one game shipped in June?

#3256 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, nothing to add?

At least people stopped posting all those pictures of old ladies in this thread.

#3257 5 years ago

I know of a launch party in a few weeks so should be shipping real soon!

#3258 5 years ago

Pictures were better then nothing. No updates, no conversation, Nothing. Good job keeping the topic alive, guys who hated pictures. Let's hope to hear something soon.
Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1530284169634 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1530284169634 (resized).jpg
#3259 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Since there are no unboxing updates--does that mean only one game shipped in June?

I’m guessing so. The latest podcast didn’t even give a real timeline on when a stream of the game would be.

I would hope they wouldn’t hold up shipping other games just so they could do some big unveil stream.

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

4 days, nothing to add?

is there anything wrong with a policy of silent transparency?

silenttransparency (resized).jpgsilenttransparency (resized).jpg
#3261 5 years ago

Between this release and JJPOTC, the silence is beyond odd.

#3262 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

#413! Now for the wait. Detailed pics for those receiving games would be much appreciated...for now I have to live vicariously thru others.

You just ordered and are number #413? Guess we can put to bed that the game sold out or is near sold out. Only about 80% sold.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

Only about 80% sold.

Spooky mentioned that 50 of the 500 are going to the Alice Cooper charity to be auction off so it's more like 92% sold at this point.

Good job Spooky.

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Spooky mentioned that 50 of the 500 are going to the Alice Cooper charity to be auction off so it's more like 92% sold at this point.
Good job Spooky.

I would assume that the 50 would already be accounted for since they are a known entity. But maybe not, I don't know. Wasnt knocking Spooky simply pointing out that there still appears to be inventory available a couple of months after reveal, so there is still time to purchase.

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

I came on here to post a pic and link but it appears my loose lips brother already spilled the beans. I unboxed the machine a little over a day ago for the rock hall and fell in love immediately. It is amazing and will be basically free to play(one token per play and I think tokens are a quarter).
This show has been a labor of love for all of us at Superelectric Pinball Parlor and I honestly can say say I'm most excited about ACNC. All of the machines are a dream to play. I even shipped punk from Australia for the exhibit. You wont be disappointed by the trip out and you can come say hi to us just a few miles down the street. Here's a pic of most of the games in my workshop just before they left and one of ACNC next to the dress Dolly wore in the classic Bally title.

davideokills the show looks stellar, a perfect 10.0 and something I'd seek out. Still no announced plans to place a Maiden in the show? It really bugs me that an exhibit of this caliber and focus would not include Stern's top ranked game, which happens to be music themed and showcases their latest lcd. This is a retrospective of music themed pinballs from 50's to present day, right? AND it is being presented at the R&RHoF, right? AND you don't have a Maiden, right? You must add a Maiden pinball machine immediately! and incorporate it into any event literature or write-up materials. You have a chance to make this exhibit accurate and complete brother. Up the Irons!

I can see a scholarly reason for researching and playing pinball now, and will have to use that as an excuse sometime. Back to topic, I am also glad ACNC is present and accounted for. When I played one in Spring, the code wasn't there. It looks beautiful. You never mentioned if the exhibit was was going to include a RZ. If not, that one is sorely missing too - even if it has to be set to family mode to be politically correct in public. Maybe someone local can be contacted about lending a Maiden and RZ for the month ???
IMG_0435 (resized).PNGIMG_0435 (resized).PNG

#3266 5 years ago

The game launched today to the general public at the Rock Hall and it's a huge hit. At 568,000 visitors annually and expected to significantly increase since Cleveland residents are now free, this game will approach probably a million plays in it's tenure.

I'm personally a huge fan of the insects and vampire modes. Locking ball 2 is a little tough getting up that ramp, will have to see if we can adjust the power on that coil yet, definitely like the Simpson's couch (if its not strong enough you get frustrated) The lights are great, the sound is great, it is plenty light enough and the room it's in is dark so cross that worry off. A couple shots are tight but not too tight. The danesi lock area is fine and easy to hit. Right ramp is tough for me but I always have issues on every game with right ramps so I tended to use the left to get up top. My wife was getting into the game and she doesn't really play pinball, she actually had some long ball times and was boasting about her great play

IMAG1697 (resized).jpgIMAG1697 (resized).jpgIMAG1698 (resized).jpgIMAG1698 (resized).jpgIMAG1701 (resized).jpgIMAG1701 (resized).jpgIMAG1703 (resized).jpgIMAG1703 (resized).jpg

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

The game launched today to the general public at the Rock Hall and it's a huge hit. At 568,000 visitors annually and expected to significantly increase since Cleveland residents are now free, this game will approach probably a million plays in it's tenure.
I'm personally a huge fan of the insects and vampire modes. Locking ball 2 is a little tough getting up that ramp, will have to see if we can adjust the power on that coil yet, definitely like the Simpson's couch (if its not strong enough you get frustrated) The lights are great, the sound is great, it is plenty light enough and the room it's in is dark so cross that worry off. A couple shots are tight but not too tight. The danesi lock area is fine and easy to hit. Right ramp is tough for me but I always have issues on every game with right ramps so I tended to use the left to get up top. My wife was getting into the game and she doesn't really play pinball, she actually had some long ball times and was boasting about her great play

Is there someone on hand who can address any issues with the game?

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Is there someone on hand who can address any issues with the game?

Yes! Of course.

#3269 5 years ago

Someone stream this damn thing properly!

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

[rock and roll hall of fame] visitors... expected to significantly increase since Cleveland residents are now free.

sounds like the degenerative [as well as non-degenerative] youth of cleveland just got themselves a brand new, free admission, 15+ pinball machine arcade to use as a hangout.

pinballhalloffame (resized).jpgpinballhalloffame (resized).jpg
#3271 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Someone stream this damn thing properly!

Coming.... sorting out a date Jack Danger can get here asap.

1st day he's available, it's on. For now, staying quiet gives others a chance to get in and we have zero problem with that. 1st game left for the R&RHoF in June, production parts here, 3 new employees getting up to speed, code is getting better every day.

Rock on.

#3272 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

1st day he's available, it's on. For now, staying quiet gives others a chance to get in and we have zero problem with that. 1st game left for the R&RHoF in June, production parts here, 3 new employees getting up to speed, code is getting better every day.
Rock on.

Can't wait to see it Charlie! I'm sure it'll blow everyone away! Hopefully he can get a direct feed on audio and video!

#3273 5 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Can't wait to see it Charlie! I'm sure it'll blow everyone away! Hopefully he can get a direct feed on audio and video!

Direct feed on audio's more important IMO.

#3274 5 years ago

Rock on.

the fact it's sold this well speaks for itself. I for one can't wait to actually see this thing though so it can't happen quick enough.

#3275 5 years ago

Rock on.

Sounds like JDanger created his own scheduling conflict. In this case, the only logical plan would be for him to push all deadlines out, cancel all meetings and purchase a ticket to ride the Benton red-eye tomorrow. Get the to a nunnery JDanger and make this happen!

IMG_0436.GIFIMG_0436.GIF
#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Sounds like JDanger created his own scheduling conflict.

both jack and charlie were on the convention floor at SFGE for three straight days [june 8-10]; jack with his streaming rig, and charlie with a sample ACNC. jack streamed 27 hours of stern games [ACDC, IMDN, MET] over the weekend, but no footage of ACNC. charlie even drops by to play a game of MET with jack on the sunday stream. perhaps stern paid for jacks trip and was he obligated not to stream competitors games, otherwise, why didn't they hook up then?

fingers crossed the upcoming streams meet each and everyones expectations.

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

both jack and charlie were on the convention floor at SFGE for three straight days [june 8-10]; jack with his streaming rig, and charlie with a sample ACNC. jack streamed 27 hours of stern games [ACDC, IMDN, MET] over the weekend, but no footage of ACNC. charlie even drops by to play a game of MET with jack on the sunday stream. perhaps stern paid for jacks trip and was he obligated not to stream competitors games, otherwise, why didn't they hook up then?
fingers crossed the upcoming streams meet each and everyones expectations.

I'm about 90% sure they paid for his trip, I think he mentioned it on one of his streams. Also I imagine Spooky would want him to stream a machine that isn't on the show floor so other people have a chance to play it and it isn't crazy loud.

*edit:

Meaning I think Spooky would want him to stream a game that isn't a a show so they can answer questions without having to yell over the crowd, and not be distracted by other things going on around them.

#3278 5 years ago

Im also sure the code has improved a tad from june 8-10th which would provide a better streaming experience. This isn’t Charlies first rodeo...

#3280 5 years ago

Here we go again!
You don't like it, don't buy it! What part of this doesn't compute with you?

#3281 5 years ago

Oh Geeze,
Show some respect for Charlie and those of us appreciative of hearing from his team on here. Plenty of games have more posts than standups,

#3282 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Here we go again!
You don't like it, don't buy it! What part of this doesn't compute with you?

greenhornet is an attention whore. Stop responding to him and he'll get bored / leave.

#3283 5 years ago

Rock on.

Wow Charlie, get with the program. How are armchair pinball designers ever going to find all the glaring--but somehow yet undiscovered--flaws in the ACNC design based solely on online videos, if there aren't MORE ONLINE VIDEOS TO WATCH !?!
Inquiring insects of a particular color need to know.

<really though, enjoy G-Fest. Looks like a lot of fun >

#3284 5 years ago

that's cool

Bowen took that game home, so patience on the video stuff. He just got it!

so... where can we see this video?

staying quiet gives others a chance to get in and we have zero problem with that

I bet!

#3285 5 years ago

if you mean like 1995 all over again? you may be right.

if you wish to discuss the game and how ACNC might shoot, no fear is an excellent reference point. both games have playfields that make exclusive use of ball paths separated by rounded posts. since that characteristic is the same for both games, you should expect the ball movement off missed shots in ACNC to reflect that of NF. you do not need to wait for new ACNC video to get an idea of how it might shoot, you can watch examples of NF gameplay today.

Quoted from nman:

How are armchair pinball designers ever going to find all the glaring--but somehow yet undiscovered--flaws in the ACNC design based solely on online videos.

we are comparing ACNC with a game designed 23 years ago by Steve Ritchie, the 'king of flow', hardly an armchair pinball designer; and clearly someone who Charlie has a lot of respect for.

I will be breaking down a couple more NF videos to give those who are interested a better understanding of what to look for in ACNC gameplay videos when they finally surface. out of respect, that info will be posted outside of this thread.

in the meantime, heres a short NF vid by a novice player, for those who care.

Quoted from tbutler6:

Oh Geeze, Show some respect

checking my last few posts, I find nothing disrespectful in questioning whether an opportunity was missed to stream ACNC at SFGE or pointing out the similarities between ACNC and NF.

now this, on the other hand, is disrespectful.

Quoted from lancestorm:

greenhornet is an attention whore.

#3286 5 years ago

This is a good time to remind people how the excellent moderation system and moderation team of Pinside works.

If there is a poster that continually brings no value to a thread then use the report button. It is that little grey "safety officer" icon on the lower right side of any post that needs reported. Just left click (or tap on mobile) and you will get a variety of options to choose from for why the post is being reported. Select the drop down item most accurate and you can even add a remark (e.g. UserXxxxxXxxxxt is continual trolling and has become broken record status. He is ruining threads that used to be exciting and fun to participate in)

The Moderators dont hang out in every thread every day, so they dont really see when someone is making an ass of themselves or constantly trolling and may need a cool down period or in some cases an outright thread ban for repeated broken record level trolling on a specific game or company.
Troll (resized).JPGTroll (resized).JPG

As Mr68 likes to remind everyone, I am an expert of being Moderated, so trust me on this one... the feature works really well.

#3287 5 years ago

I was trying to follow the last couple of show threads and everyone seems to suggest that power is a problem which can directly impact coil strength. Why would you want that to be one of the first live streams? Everyone would be bitching about it and Charlie would have to ignore it or try to respond and address all of the posts. I also expect that the code, sound and display art/video is only now being heavily worked on, likely due to ensuring that the pin was physically ready to bring to theses shows to play them. Charlie has now committed to bringing Jack in to live stream, this will come and I am excited to see it and see it done properly!

Now, for argument's sake let's say that GH is accurate in his preaching of all things 'rounded post'. I believe in free speech and I do believe that this will absolutely impact play as that is what happens when you hit a rubber post. If the playfield is full of them then guess what? If the shots are tight, then this will only amplify that 'problem'. He is not making this up and giving actual examples if fine with me. Honestly, my bigger concern with posts are what can happen to the PF wood with endless bashing of them. I am hopeful that this is not an issue, over time.

We are still in for ACNC regardless and only time will tell what play will be like. GH has his opinion on a number of things and the post concern is a valid concern and it MAY have been an oversight in design. As Charlie said, there is no changing that now. Replacing posts with targets is a big job after the fact. I just don't know how much this will affect sales on a limited run. If you only have one or two pins in your collection then this one may not be for you. On the other hand the challenge might be exactly what you want.

Once we have the owner's club thread then we can ask that non owners stay out, until then I believe that this is the place to post and share thoughts and opinion.

#3288 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Once we have the owner's club thread then we can ask that non owners stay out, until then I believe that this is the place to post and share thoughts and opinion.

100% and all valid points that tight shots and posts can make for a flow game, but brutal shooter when you miss (ala No Fear). The problem is that many of us are completely sick of the guys crusade against all things none Stern and his reviews stated as fact based solely on watching online videos. I mean really, state the point is fine. Trying to actively persuade and chart the course of the narrative before he sees let alone plays the game is pathetic. He has been on Pinside for a little over a year and 90% of his posts are about him watching online videos of games and picking apart what he thinks are the flaws.

At this point, I think his biggest joy in the pinball hobby is trying to shit on the joy and excitement of others. Many of us are excited for the game and that delivery is just around the corner (so we can experience the game in a more intimate environment with Bowen code), yet this guy has multiple posts in the past week/day that are all bagging on Spooky and the game that he has never even played but 450+ of us have already made our decision and are currently excited about.

The only plot twists from the guy are what game is he going to obsessively watch videos and post long drawn reviews about his perceived flaws on next (first it was Alien, then TNA, and now ACNC). Does he even play pinball?

#3289 5 years ago

I happen to like No Fear btw!

#3290 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

He has been on Pinside for a little over a year and 90% of his posts are about him watching online videos of games and picking apart what he thinks are the flaws.

Actually I enjoy his posts and point of view. I find it interesting to read thoughts on shot layouts and opinions of game flaws.

#3291 5 years ago

I’m just really excited to see this game in a good stream. This isn’t a post bitching of why it hasn’t been done as of yet, but rather me just expressing my excitement of seeing what it has to offer.

When announced I really was let down by the theme as I’m not an AC fan. As time went on and pictures were released it’s kept growing on me. The thought of exploring the castle and defeating monsters seems really cool! The display and limited amount of animations that I’ve seen also look great!!

Damn you Spooky for making yet another Pin that has my interest.

#3292 5 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

The thought of exploring the castle and defeating monsters seems really cool! The display and limited amount of animations that I’ve seen also look great!!

Yes, I also cannot resist the dungeon crawl experience on a pinball especially with such amazing art and LCD display and the world under glass! I can't imagine this not being a sought after collectors game. Also, Spooky quality and support!

052-tpf-2018 (resized).jpg052-tpf-2018 (resized).jpg
#3293 5 years ago

Great picture! Is this from the HoF? How does the blue PC look overall?

#3294 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Great picture! Is this from the HoF? How does the blue PC look overall?

I just got it off Pinball News.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/03/18/alice-coopers-nightmare-castle/

#3295 5 years ago

Has no one else other than the HoF received one of these yet?

#3297 5 years ago

Happy Friday the 13th!

Magicchiz

FB_IMG_1531514166353 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1531514166353 (resized).jpg
#3298 5 years ago

in the interest of keeping this thread on topic, addressing hiltons last two posts containing bastardizing comments directed toward me will be a dish best served cold, most likely outside of the spooky sub forum.

bastardize: verb : to change something in a way that makes it fail to represent the values and qualities that it is intended to represent.

in the meantime, understand that ...

Quoted from Mr68:

people know how Hilton is with his exaggerations, insults and lack of using the truth... Don't ever try to be reasonable with Hilton and know that whatever you might trust him with in private, he will betray you, use it against you and he fights dirty.

#3299 5 years ago

grow up people, FFS... noone cares about stupid arguments, we are here to enjoy pinball and on this thread AC! Roll on my delivery, number 123, I am guessing Xmas! Still pondering why the Frankenstein monster is blue though? hmmm. peace out!

#3300 5 years ago

Hey spooky family - happy Friday the 13th!

3FE694B5-D547-4175-BBB9-4C9BAD1901B8 (resized).jpeg3FE694B5-D547-4175-BBB9-4C9BAD1901B8 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.00
Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/66?hl=mackey256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.