20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 114.
#2851 5 years ago

Complaints of weak flippers at the shows goes back a loooooong ways and across all manufacturers. I remember well how paranoia gripped Pinside when Wizard of Oz came out at Expo 2012.

If you understand how a flipper mech works, you will understand this is not an issue.

#2852 5 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I don't understand, they spend all this time, and money going to shows, when they can't post a good gameplay video with Bowen (or anyone else decent at Pinball, sorry Charlie!). Instead we get updates in the thread from the couple people at each show that play it and are underwhelmed by various reasons. It seems like at this point time would be better spent not going to shows every couple weeks, especially since the game is almost sold out anyway.

Because it's a double edged sword with a few Pinside detractors finding fault in anything. I'm 100% confident that Bowen will post a video showing that the shots can be hit easily IN DUE TIME. But if he does that using the current code, the poo poo crowd will gripe that the rules are shallow, the animations aren't complete, there aren't enough call outs (or they don't sound good)....yada, yada, yada.

I think they should have the game at every show possible to let people have some exposure to it. I've seen it - it's gorgeous. I've played it - the layout is fun and I was able to hit shots at TPF. I bought it - and I'm not even a huge AC fan. I think it's going to be a phenomenal game once the rules, animations and sound reach maturity. I do understand the dilemma for those on the fence though - the game will be sold out by the time that happens.

#2853 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

If you understand how a flipper mech works, you will understand this is not an issue.

There's also no reason for this problem to exist in 2018, stop using power supplies that fluctuate with line voltage.

#2854 5 years ago

My wife and I played ACNC at Pinfest on Saturday and we were able to shoot the upper playfield after a few attempts did seem a little weak, but was makeable. Game sure does look great but the gameplay and Spooky games in general are not our style I guess.

#2855 5 years ago

Didn't mean to start a flipper-gate and yes weak voltage flippers occur every year at pinfest .

It's a shame that people who might not understand these type of things walk away from that type of experience thinking the game isn't for them , when maybe it is. I can't really judge it based on that experience either.

Perhaps there is a way for a vendor can make sure their games receive the proper voltage and something they should consider when showcasing a title currently for sale at a major show.

#2856 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Complaints of weak flippers at the shows goes back a loooooong ways and across all manufacturers. I remember well how paranoia gripped Pinside when Wizard of Oz came out at Expo 2012.

The coinincidental thing is that WoZ had an actual control system issue causing weak flippers in 2012, and Gerry helped them out too. True story.

#2857 5 years ago

We even use a large capacitor / conditioner board to keep the coils robust at all times... we just can't compensate for all show conditions.

Is what it is. Stop by the shop and play it!

#2858 5 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

We even use a large capacitor / conditioner board to keep the coils robust at all times... we just can't compensate for all show conditions.
Is what it is. Stop by the shop and play it!

Just an FYI: The TNA nearby was performing amazingly and defeating all that dare to challenge the reactors,.

#2859 5 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Just an FYI: The TNA nearby was performing amazingly and defeating all that dare to challenge the reactors

As nature and Scott intended!

#2860 5 years ago

Played ACNC a few times at Allentown flippers did seem a little soft but nothing to crazy.. I did see a lot of happy players.

#2861 5 years ago

We cranked the flipper power up after MGC... super snappy, so it had to be a voltage draw issue at the show. It was hitting plenty hard here all week prior to the show.
Bowen took that game home, so patience on the video stuff. He just got it!

Wahoo, now that's an update! Bowen, Bowen, Bowen!

#2862 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Hopefully they ring in on this. We need snappy flippers!

Quoted from RustyLizard:

It's an issue now because the Pinside worry mill has started spinning.

Yeah, I just heard that if they can't dial in the flipper strength before the game has to go on the line they might have to remove the flippers and replace them with one little flipper in the middle of the playfield that spins around when you press either flipper button...

#2863 5 years ago

I heard they were going to use balsa wood pin balls so they can make the ramp shot to the upper play field.

#2864 5 years ago

Dont beat up on Alice, wait and see!
Magicchiz

0718coo (resized).jpg0718coo (resized).jpg

#2865 5 years ago

How about a Coopers Big Bang Bar!

Alice_Cooper_Saturn (resized).jpgAlice_Cooper_Saturn (resized).jpg

Saturn_Intro_02_610 (resized).jpgSaturn_Intro_02_610 (resized).jpg

#2866 5 years ago

FB_IMG_1525776713501 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1525776713501 (resized).jpg

#2867 5 years ago

Your Google image search skills are amazing.

#2868 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Your Google image search skills are amazing.

Running out of good ones. Hopefully we will have something to talk about soon!

#2869 5 years ago

I was at pinfest 19 hr roundtrip to make it there. One of the reasons was to play ACNC.

If you think this game looks good in pictures you havent seen nothing yet. Man is this an awesome looking game. The art is just fantastic. The animations you can tell have so much potential already. They are going to be really cool. Im less concerned about the call outs. The weak flippers were a thing yes. But that didnt really bother me. I had heard about the voltage issues.

My main thing that stopped my deposit was brick shots. And unfortunately that was a thing for both my friend and I. Slightly above avg pinball players. Now was it as bad as i thought it might be. Definitely not. With more practice i think it could be fun. And somewhere down the line i could see myself buying one on monsters in a castle and art and animations alone. I think post targets would have helped a lot or a different type of shot somewhere. Like the other poster said all the shots are the same length. But overall the game still has potential and its definitely not a dud.
For a home collector who likes a challenge. and loves alice i think you are going to love it.

#2870 5 years ago

I few more backgrounds That got posted on twitter.
Magicchiz

DcUEIqxU0AEVi7g (resized).jpgDcUEIqxU0AEVi7g (resized).jpg

#2871 5 years ago

DcUELKQVQAAeSZm (resized).jpgDcUELKQVQAAeSZm (resized).jpg

#2872 5 years ago

Wow they are some beautiful backgrounds!

#2873 5 years ago

After seeing it and playing it at Pinfest, I decided to pull the trigger.

#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from thirdedition:

After seeing it and playing it at Pinfest, I decided to pull the trigger.

Whaaaaat! Unboxing party at your place!

#2875 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Whaaaaat! Unboxing party at your place!

I'm down, it is going to be a little bit though, I'm #407.

#2876 5 years ago

did you buy from Pinballstar or direct?

#2877 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

did you buy from Pinballstar or direct?

Direct from Spooky.

#2878 5 years ago

Direct from Spooky.

cool, so that seems to be the biggest number yet, correct?

407 committed sales. Awesome for team spooky.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

cool, so that seems to be the biggest number yet, correct?
407 committed sales. Awesome for team spooky.

You don't have to rub it in , but yeah I do believe that is the case.

#2880 5 years ago

Sometimes wanting is better than having!

#2881 5 years ago

Damn 407, I haven't been following TNA numbers in while, but it seems like sales for ACNC have surpassed TNA. Though, I suspect there is a fear of missing out with a limited run. Once they announce a "last call" for TNA, I'm guessing a bunch of tire kickers will pull the trigger. I put my guess for TNA at 500 and I think it may be surpassed.

#2882 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Once they announce a "last call" for TNA, I'm guessing a bunch of tire kickers will pull the trigger. I put my guess for TNA at 500 and I think it may be surpassed.

On Spooky Podcast #98, they said ACNC surpassed TNA for a bit, but have sold more than ACNC at this point if I recall correctly. They also said TNA is their "evergreen" title so as long as there's no crazy falling out between Scott and Charlie, you'll be able to get a new TNA if you want one.

#2883 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

There's also no reason for this problem to exist in 2018, stop using power supplies that fluctuate with line voltage

Is what it is. Stop by the shop and play it

Flipper force, like any magnetically derived force, is dependent on current, not voltage. If you can maintain the coil temperature, flipper power will approximately track with voltage. As the flipper coils heat up with constant use, resistance increases, current decreases, and force will decrease.

This problem will exist until somebody begins using closed loop current control on the flippers, the same way you control torque with motors.

You implement closed loop coil current control, and feed the coil rail with a SMPS that can provide the required current at low line voltage, and this lack-of-force problem can theoretically be eliminated. Only true mechanical wear will remain.

#2884 5 years ago

How do I get a number? I’m feeling kind of left out here. Do they call, email, or does Alice Cooper leave a raspy voicemail?

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

How do I get a number? I’m feeling kind of left out here. Do they call, email, or does Alice Cooper leave a raspy voicemail?

#2886 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

For now I think you need to send Kayte an e-mail if you want your number.

#2887 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Email KT! I’m so ready to explore the castle! Come on June already!

1F884A51-BF53-4309-8F0D-B07D89A226EA (resized).jpeg1F884A51-BF53-4309-8F0D-B07D89A226EA (resized).jpeg

#2888 5 years ago

My number was on the invoice, but she also emailed it to me.

#2889 5 years ago

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#2890 5 years ago

I'm going for the decals, I think they make the playfield pop just a little bit more.

#2891 5 years ago

This has been a great read for today. I may select Alice Cooper over Iron Maiden Premium ... anyone have Kayte's email???

#2892 5 years ago
Quoted from Dallas_Pin:

This has been a great read for today. I may select Alice Cooper over Iron Maiden Premium ... anyone have Kayte's email???

[email protected]

It is very tricky.

#2893 5 years ago

LOL ... thank you!

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from mamawaldee:

Flipper force, like any magnetically derived force, is dependent on current, not voltage. If you can maintain the coil temperature, flipper power will approximately track with voltage. As the flipper coils heat up with constant use, resistance increases, current decreases, and force will decrease.
This problem will exist until somebody begins using closed loop current control on the flippers, the same way you control torque with motors.
You implement closed loop coil current control, and feed the coil rail with a SMPS that can provide the required current at low line voltage, and this lack-of-force problem can theoretically be eliminated. Only true mechanical wear will remain.

This is true, however, what's the quantitative loss of power due to resistant change vs voltage loss, both which affect the ultimate current delivered and thus the strength of the magnetic field. For example I had to fix a machine at the York show a few years ago due to voltage drop. I measured around 105VAC or almost a 15% drop in voltage. Will the resistance upon heat decrease as much as the voltage drop? Can a coils impedence change by 15% due to normal heat generation? Copper resistance changes by .393% per 1 deg C. So a 15% drop would need 38 Deg C or 100 deg F. Does a coil increase temp by 100 degrees F? I honestly don't know but now I'm curious.

#2895 5 years ago

Not sure the fitment would work, but I might put the Pingraffix Powerbladez in my ACNC:

4DEF6812-99FA-4D1E-99B0-EC0FA22D69CB.jpeg4DEF6812-99FA-4D1E-99B0-EC0FA22D69CB.jpeg

I saw them at TPF and really liked them - I’m just waiting on a sale first as $300 is pretty steep.

#2896 5 years ago

$300.00 is out of the question for me!

#2897 5 years ago

Has anyone seen any ACNC video from Pinfest posted somewhere online?

#2898 5 years ago

Who is going to do it? Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in a butter cabinet?

Brad

alice_butter.pngalice_butter.png

#2899 5 years ago

$1000.00 is out of the question for me!

#2900 5 years ago

Got my number today: #49. I'll just sit here and wait...won't be long!

0000000HTB1K_FVMFXXXXcRXXXXq6xXFXXXo_2c75df6b-91fd-46d0-ae5f-853135b3542d_1296x (resized).jpg0000000HTB1K_FVMFXXXXcRXXXXq6xXFXXXo_2c75df6b-91fd-46d0-ae5f-853135b3542d_1296x (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 14.00
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 300.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/58?hl=guiitarman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.