20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 114.
#2751 5 years ago

Heard from Kayte today. I’m number 106. Super stoked to be that early in production. I think my anticipation for this pin is the most I’ve ever had by a long stretch. Can’t wait!

#2752 5 years ago

Super excited to see this in person at Pinfest. Love the look of this pin so far.

#2753 5 years ago

Got my email, I'm 83. I have RZ and AMH so this will fit in nicely.

#2754 5 years ago

FB_IMG_1525133203870 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1525133203870 (resized).jpg

#2755 5 years ago

[[From FB]]:

Since Pinfestival May 4th & 5th 2018 is getting an Alice cooper, here's a not so quick guide.

Keep in mind, this game had to be rewritten from scratch starting in February. For 4 months of code there is a ton of stuff.

SKILLSHOT
Launch the ball and attempt to shoot the 3 center targets for a normal skillshot, or shoot up the ramps for a super. Key note, on the left side just tripping the opto isn't enough, You have to get the ball locked to get the super. Right side, you just trigger the opto.

ROOM TRAVEL
After skillshot you need to travel rooms to make your way to the monster.

You can select the monster you want to battle by shooting the center 3 target. This will cycle through the available monsters.

As soon as you shoot one of the outside orbits you lock in your monster and get into the first room. See the image attached for the room diagram.

In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. I need to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.

BALL3GIMME
If a player doesn't reach a monster at some point in their game; launching the 3rd ball will put you in the monster room that was currently selected.

MYSTERY AWARDS
Shoot the middle scoop (left of 3 center targets) to build mystery. When the award is ready the left scoop arrow will do a color cycle animation to indicate its ready to collect. Right now there is only 1 award for 10k. We have several awards that will make there way in. Just not in time for this show.

CRYPT MB
Drop the lower drop targets to get to the right scoop, shoot scoop x+1 times to start mode. This will be available at any time as to help with monster fights. When mode starts you will need to shoot the scoops to collect ghosts to put back in the crypt. This mode is not complete.

FRANK MB
Shoot left left via left ramp into physical lock. Then get to upper playfield and knock down the drop target n+1 times to start Frank MB. This mode will block the start of any other monster, and can be started as many times as you are able to.

UPPER LANES
This activate an EOB multiplier . Typically this would be an automatic increase, but for Alice, this will activate the increase multiplier target just above the right outlanes.

COMBOS
For now there are only 3. Shoot left outside orbit/ inside left orbit to activate. then shoot those same ones and/or left ramp to collect. Combo mode is still being worked on.

SUPER SPINNER
Shoot the spinner, not much to say about that other than its activated after about 40 spines then there it ended after no activity over a certain about of time.

SUPER SLINGS
Same deal as spinners.. but you have to hit the slings about 5 times within x amount of seconds for it to activate.

BALL SAVES
Ball save is activated when you complete the 4 lanes. Except this time, the outside lanes are lit up purple'ish for about 45 seconds. Draining on the outside lane activates the drain magnet and will fling the ball back up the playfield, or at least is should. This mod is being coined Mag-Neat-O save.

This is getting too long. I'll post each monster battle under their own post.

ACNC part 2, monsters

FRANK see first post

ETHYL
Get to upper playfield, drop ball behind first drop target. Another ball ejects. Shoot first lower drop target to release, then keep shooting the drop targets/scoop to collect jackpots. If you drop the ejected ball in from the balcony while ethyl is still locked, you will advance the jackpot amount and do a "lock swap". Mode ends when you drain one of the balls.

IGOR
Gotta find igor ("lost in America") one of the arrows is Igor. This is round based, first round is 3 arrow, he is behind one of them. When you find him, the arrows expand out to 4.. so on and so forth. This goes on till all arrows are lit up. Once found in the last round, you will go into frenzy mode. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain.

VAMPIRE
Get to upper playfield. Stake/dismember the vampire by hitting the target against the backboard. Once dismembered a final shot around the outside obit puts you into Frenzy. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain. If mode ends during frenzy, there is one final hurryup collect that becomes available. Collect by hitting the hurryup target.

This hurryup will be implemented on all the other modes and will act the same way when frenzy timer ends. Just not ready for the show.

ALICE
Get to upper playfield and shoot past guillotine 2 times. The guillotine lowers a bit. Shoot a 3rd time to capture the ball in the guillotine. Theatrics play and Alices head gets chopped off. This mode is not complete and will act like the other when it comes to frenzy.

WOLF
Complete combos to shoot the werewolf.

ZOMBIE
Mode not implemented yet. But this will have a roaming shot you need to complete.

INSECT
When mode starts all target shots flicker. You need to hit all those shots to squash the bugs (graphics are not in yet). Complete all the targets to go into frenzy.

PITCREATURE
Not implemented yet. But will involve finding the pitcreature in one of the scoops.

BILLION DOLLAR BABY
Wizard mode, not implemented yet. But becomes available when you complete all other modes. This mode will be what is says and will have billion point shots.

ACNCfb (resized).jpgACNCfb (resized).jpg

#2756 5 years ago

FYI a lot of changes will be coming. This is strictly for what's at the show.

#2757 5 years ago

Medisinyl, did you get your game number yet?

#2758 5 years ago

Clarify something please. After skillshot you can select your monster by hitting the center 3 targets, but you can't actually battle the monster until you get to the top room?

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

FYI a lot of changes will be coming. This is strictly for what's at the show.

#2759 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Hopefully a low one.

His mods for RZ are pretty transformative.

#2760 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Clarify something please. After skillshot you can select your monster by hitting the center 3 targets, but you can't actually battle the monster until you get to the top room?

correct

#2761 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

[[From FB]]:
Since Pinfestival May 4th & 5th 2018 is getting an Alice cooper, here's a not so quick guide.
Keep in mind, this game had to be rewritten from scratch starting in February. For 4 months of code there is a ton of stuff.
SKILLSHOT
Launch the ball and attempt to shoot the 3 center targets for a normal skillshot, or shoot up the ramps for a super. Key note, on the left side just tripping the opto isn't enough, You have to get the ball locked to get the super. Right side, you just trigger the opto.
ROOM TRAVEL
After skillshot you need to travel rooms to make your way to the monster.
You can select the monster you want to battle by shooting the center 3 target. This will cycle through the available monsters.
As soon as you shoot one of the outside orbits you lock in your monster and get into the first room. See the image attached for the room diagram.
In each room there are items you can collect that will help with your monster battle later on. Item collection logic is in, but graphics/sfx/effects are still being worked on. I need to set it up so items are represented as specific color on the arrows, and there will also be info boxes on the screen eventually.
BALL3GIMME
If a player doesn't reach a monster at some point in their game; launching the 3rd ball will put you in the monster room that was currently selected.
MYSTERY AWARDS
Shoot the middle scoop (left of 3 center targets) to build mystery. When the award is ready the left scoop arrow will do a color cycle animation to indicate its ready to collect. Right now there is only 1 award for 10k. We have several awards that will make there way in. Just not in time for this show.
CRYPT MB
Drop the lower drop targets to get to the right scoop, shoot scoop x+1 times to start mode. This will be available at any time as to help with monster fights. When mode starts you will need to shoot the scoops to collect ghosts to put back in the crypt. This mode is not complete.
FRANK MB
Shoot left left via left ramp into physical lock. Then get to upper playfield and knock down the drop target n+1 times to start Frank MB. This mode will block the start of any other monster, and can be started as many times as you are able to.
UPPER LANES
This activate an EOB multiplier . Typically this would be an automatic increase, but for Alice, this will activate the increase multiplier target just above the right outlanes.
COMBOS
For now there are only 3. Shoot left outside orbit/ inside left orbit to activate. then shoot those same ones and/or left ramp to collect. Combo mode is still being worked on.
SUPER SPINNER
Shoot the spinner, not much to say about that other than its activated after about 40 spines then there it ended after no activity over a certain about of time.
SUPER SLINGS
Same deal as spinners.. but you have to hit the slings about 5 times within x amount of seconds for it to activate.
BALL SAVES
Ball save is activated when you complete the 4 lanes. Except this time, the outside lanes are lit up purple'ish for about 45 seconds. Draining on the outside lane activates the drain magnet and will fling the ball back up the playfield, or at least is should. This mod is being coined Mag-Neat-O save.
This is getting too long. I'll post each monster battle under their own post.
ACNC part 2, monsters
FRANK see first post
ETHYL
Get to upper playfield, drop ball behind first drop target. Another ball ejects. Shoot first lower drop target to release, then keep shooting the drop targets/scoop to collect jackpots. If you drop the ejected ball in from the balcony while ethyl is still locked, you will advance the jackpot amount and do a "lock swap". Mode ends when you drain one of the balls.
IGOR
Gotta find igor ("lost in America") one of the arrows is Igor. This is round based, first round is 3 arrow, he is behind one of them. When you find him, the arrows expand out to 4.. so on and so forth. This goes on till all arrows are lit up. Once found in the last round, you will go into frenzy mode. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain.
VAMPIRE
Get to upper playfield. Stake/dismember the vampire by hitting the target against the backboard. Once dismembered a final shot around the outside obit puts you into Frenzy. Mode ends when timer runs out on frenzy or you drain. If mode ends during frenzy, there is one final hurryup collect that becomes available. Collect by hitting the hurryup target.
This hurryup will be implemented on all the other modes and will act the same way when frenzy timer ends. Just not ready for the show.
ALICE
Get to upper playfield and shoot past guillotine 2 times. The guillotine lowers a bit. Shoot a 3rd time to capture the ball in the guillotine. Theatrics play and Alices head gets chopped off. This mode is not complete and will act like the other when it comes to frenzy.
WOLF
Complete combos to shoot the werewolf.
ZOMBIE
Mode not implemented yet. But this will have a roaming shot you need to complete.
INSECT
When mode starts all target shots flicker. You need to hit all those shots to squash the bugs (graphics are not in yet). Complete all the targets to go into frenzy.
PITCREATURE
Not implemented yet. But will involve finding the pitcreature in one of the scoops.
BILLION DOLLAR BABY
Wizard mode, not implemented yet. But becomes available when you complete all other modes. This mode will be what is says and will have billion point shots.

Billion Dollar Baby sounds awesome.

I can't be the only one that favors high scoring games, it just 'feels' more rewarding.

#2762 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Not yet. Have been hoping for the email, but I figure they're busy, so I haven't asked about it.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Hopefully a low one.
His mods for RZ are pretty transformative.

Thank you

#2763 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Not yet. Have been hoping for the email, but I figure they're busy, so I haven't asked about it.

If you want to know your numbers just email me. I am back at the shop and can easliy look them up, vs going blind trying to squint at the tiny print on my phone lol.

#2764 5 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

WOW - Thanks for the update. Looking forward to seeing/playing the game tomorrow.

#2766 5 years ago

Awesome, I'm #37 (and yes, I have a few mod ideas I'd like to figure out once it's here )

#2767 5 years ago

#2768 5 years ago

All you guys with low numbers will have to debug it for me while I wait my eternity!

alice_cooper_LCD (resized).pngalice_cooper_LCD (resized).png

#2769 5 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

All you guys with low numbers will have to debug it for me while I wait my eternity!

"How few days go by to make up a century."

#2770 5 years ago

Someone asked for a chart so here's a 1st draft. This is a very simple model with the following assumptions:
18 months of production, starting June 1
20 production days per month
360 production days, 1.388 games per production day, 27.77 games per month
no corrections for ramp up, holidays, playing hooky or shutdowns due to godzilla attack.
Posters who have provided a game number are listed with an estimated delivery month

ACNC shipping estimate (resized).jpgACNC shipping estimate (resized).jpg

#2771 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Someone asked for a chart so here's a 1st draft. This is a very simple model with the following assumptions:
no corrections for ramp up, holidays, playing hooky or shutdowns due to godzilla attack.
Posters who have provided a game number are listed with an estimated delivery month

Wow. Hope they dont mind holding mine till August. Going to have my hands full in June and July with the baby being born and work being crazy

#2772 5 years ago

My wife just brought up a good point. Does the graph account for the TNAs still being built?

#2773 5 years ago
Quoted from travisbmartin:

My wife just brought up a good point. Does the graph account for the TNAs still being built?

Spooky has said the build time is 18 months so that’s what I used. I think Charlie has said that 500 games per year is the target output for Spooky. Based on that, you could have up to 250 TNA built over the 18 months ACNC is on the line.

#2774 5 years ago

I'm leaving for Ann Arbor Pinball Showcase today! Doesn't look like an ACNC will be there, but about 400 other awesome pins will be! Yippee!!!

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

Nice work! Guess I won't have 219 for my Halloween tourney...

#2776 5 years ago

Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle Pinball is being made in 18 months... coincidence, I think NOT!

Wink wink!
Magicchiz

quote-i-m-18-and-i-like-it-alice-cooper-6-36-16 (resized).jpgquote-i-m-18-and-i-like-it-alice-cooper-6-36-16 (resized).jpg

#2777 5 years ago

#39 Here

Looking forward to it!!!

#2778 5 years ago

This is the game I am most looking forward to trying out today in Allentown! Just a couple more hours!!

#2779 5 years ago
Quoted from mjalexan:

This is great thanks for putting this together!

#2780 5 years ago

totally awesome, thanks! hopefully I'll get mine in time for Halloween!

#2781 5 years ago

#139 here.

#2782 5 years ago

Just found out #99 here

As owner of TNA#107, I could not be happier.

#2783 5 years ago

#326 here and would love to be able trade up on the list to get this Awsome game sooner!

#2784 5 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Just found out #99 here
As owner of TNA#107, I could not be happier.

Guess we solved who's going to who's house first!

Congrats!

#2785 5 years ago

I played Alice Cooper at pinfest I liked I thought the game was very pretty and popped I liked the shots my only complaint was that the flippers where weak.

#2786 5 years ago

#321 here. Going by mjalexan's chart, my game should arrive about a year from now. Well worth the wait IMHO but it's going to be a long year LOL.

#2787 5 years ago

I gotta say, the only thing weirder than distributing numbers is doing it over several many days. I was fine with no number, until all you guys started posting yours.

#2788 5 years ago

I'm looking at Halloween timeframe. Perfect!

I'm more excited about this game than the IMDNLE i have coming.

#2789 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I played Alice Cooper at pinfest I liked I thought the game was very pretty and popped I liked the shots my only complaint was that the flippers where weak.

Flippers were definitely super weak and if you didn’t make it up the ramps, SDTM!

Looks good though and nice layout.

#2790 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I gotta say, the only thing weirder than distributing numbers is doing it over several many days. I was fine with no number, until all you guys started posting yours.

I emailed Kayte and asked.

#2791 5 years ago

Played it at Pinfest as well. Beautiful in person. The cartoon style animations were very cool as well. Some of the shots were tough for me, but I’m not a very good player. Wish I could have heard the callouts and music it better. With all the noise at the show, that just wasn’t going to happen. Long lines to play it, so people were definitely excited to meet Alice.

#2792 5 years ago

Damn flippers are still too weak? WTF!

#2793 5 years ago

Hopefully they ring in on this. We need snappy flippers!

#2794 5 years ago

Quite often at shows, the line voltage is low due to all the current draw from all the pins plugged in and running.

I know that’s always been an issue at Expo in Wheeling.

Flipper power has never been an issue on any Spooky pin to date.

rd

#2795 5 years ago

Wow. Hope they dont mind holding mine till August. Going to have my hands full in June and July with the baby being born and work being crazy

Travis...I wanna help you. I would gladly offer to trade you my place at #106 (anticipated by the chart as a September delivery) for your place in line to help give you a little time to get ready for your pin..... I have compassion for your situation and want to help!

#2796 5 years ago
Quoted from Jousley:

Travis...I wanna help you. I would gladly offer to trade you my place at #106 (anticipated by the chart as a September delivery) for your place in line to help give you a little time to get ready for your pin..... I have compassion for your situation and want to help!

Haha! Nice try! I'm pretty sure Charlie will have a spot free for me.

#2797 5 years ago

Haha! Nice try! I'm pretty sure Charlie will have a spot free for me.

well then, how about I throw in $20 American to whet your whistle?

#2798 5 years ago

Quoted from rotordave:

Quite often at shows, the line voltage is low due to all the current draw from all the pins plugged in and running.
rd

RD is spot on. The section Where pinballstar is setup has power issues. Not enough line voltage and ACNC is at the end of a long extension to get the power.

The power issue is actually what took out the POTC also. Power was dropping out yesterday and when someone turned it off and back on abruptly it apparently blew up the power supply on the JJPPOTC.

Flippers on the games were plenty snappy on thursday during setup.

#2799 5 years ago

My buddy is at Pinfest this weekend, I couldn’t make the trip this year unfortunately. Being on the ACNC list, I asked him to hit the game up ASAP and give me the hands on scoop. He played two games, both times he stated the flippers were extremely weak, and supposedly the game crashed on the second one.

#2800 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

It's an issue now because the Pinside worry mill has started spinning.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.