Topic Stats

• 5,637 posts
  • 620 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 34 days ago by Halfwasted
  • Topic is favorited by 151 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190711_134756 (resized).jpg
20190706_012838 (resized).jpg
20190713_095057 (resized).jpg
20190712_214005 (resized).jpg
20190712_213952 (resized).jpg
20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg
ACNC PST (resized).jpg
ACNC_Ball_Trap (resized).JPG
Untitled (resized).jpg
20190601_212101 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 113.
#2651 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is deadflip still doing a vid?

As soon as the code is up to par enough for someone of jacks skill level so the game can be shown properly

#2652 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

As soon as the code is up to par enough for someone of jacks skill level so the game can be shown properly

Good news. That takes me out of the running.

#2653 1 year ago

PinballSTAR is happy to announce we will have an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in our booth at Allentown Pinfest !!! Stop by and see it / play it !

PinballSTAR will have our usual lineup of games from all the companies we sell for... Many in stock NIB, several below open for play... Final line up below... Oh and WE HAVE AN ALICE COOPER coming !!!

Jersey Jack Pinball - 2 NIB WOZ, 2 NIB Hobbit, 2 DI, 2 POTC
American Pinball - 3 Houdini
Chicago Gaming - 2 MMR, 2 AFMR, Coffee Table Foosball
Spooky Pinball - TNA, ACNC
VP Cabs - Wizard, 6 Vertigo, 3 Vortex

I am also preselling Invisiglass to have at the show - discounts for purchases over 3 sheets - email me for pricing and your needs. Will be delivered to show in a box safe for transit... I usually bring no extras - just what is pre-sold and pre-paid for. LAST CALL on the Invisiglass...

ALSO - I plan on maybe bringing some games for sale from my personal collection - not sure which ones yet... Depending on booth space might only bring if pre-sold.

PINBALL :
* Junkyard pinball - 1990's - beautiful collector quality example - pics in the Pinfest buy / sell post : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/16#post-4357422
* Fire Queen - rare EM - great original condition - pics in the Pinfest buy / sell post : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/16#post-4357422
* Flipper Pool pinball - 1960's - backglass animation - fully restored by the best there is for older games - Nick Raschilla, PA
* Grand Slam woodrail pinball - 1950's - fully restored by one of the best - Fabulous Fantasies, Herb Silvers, CA
* Rockola World Series pre-war pinball - 1935 - rare - fully restored by one of the best - Bill Heatherly, PA

VINTAGE ARCADE / GAMEROOM PIECES :
* Chicago Coin Goalee - 1950's 2 player hockey arcade game - original beautiful wood cabinet
* Genco Gypsy Grandma Fortune Teller - rarer / more desirable pedestal model - 1950's - fully restored.
* Pachinkio Slot Machine (Japanese)
* Paschislo Slot Machine (Japanese)
* (2) Diner Booths - used, could use a woodworker to restore to nicer condition
* Victor Topper gumball machine - fully restored
* Movie theater turnstile with base - black - fully restored
* Gamewell Fire Alarm Box
* Scopitone Video Jukebox - needs restoration
* Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox from 1940 - rare machine that plays both 45's and 33's - fully restored by the Regan brothers, PA

If interested in anything email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com

#2654 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

In anticipation of receiving this masterpiece, what tools/supplies should I go ahead and purchase as this will be my first pin (I have basic hand tools and soldering equipment).

Novus 2 for cleaning/polishing the playfield every few hundred plays. Magnetic phillips screw driver. Magnetic quarter inch nut driver. Switch adjustment tool. Replacement rubber bands. Socket wrench set for putting on the legs.

#2655 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Novus 2 for cleaning/polishing the playfield every few hundred plays. Magnetic phillips screw driver. Magnetic quarter inch nut driver. Switch adjustment tool. Replacement rubber bands. Socket wrench set for putting on the legs.

I don't know why you guys keep using Novus 2? All you need for a cleaning is Novus 1. Novus 2 has abrasive in it and this takes off clear coat. Unless you are trying to remove scratches or ground in dirt (ball swirls) you don't need it. Vacuum out the dirt or blow it out with compressed air. That gets most of it. Then Novus 1 and that way you won't remove all the wax along with clear coat. No need to remove old wax. And this way, you don't have to re wax every time you clean.

#2656 1 year ago

I would concur. In fact, all you really need after 200 plays is a good spray of Simple Green and a wipe down.

Then apply some wax if you want to (I don’t ...)

I don’t cut and polish my car every month. I appreciate some people do ... but you do not need to.

I love a good car-analogy.

As a guide, when I see ball tracks starting at the lane guides, that’s when it gets a clean.

If the PF goes dull, that’s when it gets a good polish.

rd

#2657 1 year ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I don't know why you guys keep using Novus 2? All you need for a cleaning is Novus 1. Novus 2 has abrasive in it and this takes off clear coat.

I've often found that with a couple coats of a good wax on it. Often I can just wipe it down with a lint free towel.

LTG : )

#2658 1 year ago

I don't know why you guys keep using Novus 2? All you need for a cleaning is Novus 1.

I've been reading through vid's guides and playfield cleaning was my first read. I'm definitely staying away from all things Novus for now for a NIB pin. Thanks for all the great advice everyone!

#2659 1 year ago
Quoted from GuiitarMan:

I I'm definitely staying away from all things Novus for now for a NIB pin.

All things Novus? I disagree. I've been using only Novus 1 on NIB machines since 2004. Works great on ramps, plastics, and the playfield. My RBION has never had another product put on those parts and everything looks perfect, 14 years running.
Terry.

#2660 1 year ago

I have to second Terry, Novus is a main item in a pinball cleaning kit. if you are not using it good luck!

Not to mention how did this become a newbie " How to clean your pinball thread"?

Magicchiz

#2661 1 year ago

Anybody get a build number yet? Kayte told me they were waiting for overseas orders last week before sending out the numbers.

#2662 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody get a build number yet?

Nope. Still waiting. It would be nice for an update on when we can expect to get our numbers.

#2663 1 year ago

I don't know why you guys keep using Novus 2? All you need for a cleaning is Novus 1. Novus 2 has abrasive in it and this takes off clear coat. Unless you are trying to remove scratches or ground in dirt (ball swirls) you don't need it. Vacuum out the dirt or blow it out with compressed air. That gets most of it. Then Novus 1 and that way you won't remove all the wax along with clear coat. No need to remove old wax. And this way, you don't have to re wax every time you clean.

Been using it for years with no problems. I like that it cleans and also lightly polishes because there are always fine scratches. I do not recommend it for '80s and prior except maybe on the mylar areas.

Being that it is a light abrasive, I wonder how many Novus 2 cleanings it takes before the clear is gone. Seems like dozens of Novus 2 cleanings is no problem. Must be a high number.

#2664 1 year ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Being that it is a light abrasive, I wonder how many Novus 2 cleanings it takes before the clear is gone. Seems like dozens of Novus 2 cleanings is no problem. Must be a high number.

I'm sure it is.
I can see how someone with as many pins as you would not clean real often and would need Novus 2 more so than someone like me with so few pins. I clean a lot and never get ground in dirt. I really don't care about minor scratches.

#2665 1 year ago

For the past 3 years, I've been using Klasse All-in-One to clean my playfield and rubber. It has no abrasives and doesn't leave residue on posts. For ramps and plastics, Plexus is the shit. The ball flies over my ramps the first 50-100 games after using Plexus. Novus 2 is what I use when I get a new unrestored pin that looks dull even after cleaning.

#2666 1 year ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody get a build number yet? Kayte told me they were waiting for overseas orders last week before sending out the numbers.

Just received my notice . . . game #314.

#2667 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Still no notice for me. Must be a lot of prior Spooky customers in on it if you're that far down the line (not a surprise with how many AMH buyers got in on RZ). And if you were a day 1 order as a prior spooky customer, does #314 suggest they got close to sell-out interest on day 1? (assuming you're not the furthest prior spooky customer down the list and that non-spooky customers go further down the line). It wasn't entirely clear to me how our place in line was being determined.

#2668 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

Thanks for sharing this. Did they give you an expected time frame for when 314 would be ready? Based on 500 finished 18 months after production begins, I'm guessing you are a year away from receiving your game?

#2669 1 year ago

I just also got my number #286 for my Alice Cooper's Nightmare castle. My guess is 10 months out

#2670 1 year ago

I just received my game # - 399. If they start production in June and take 18 months to make 500 games, per Charlie, I'm guessing my game will be 16 months away.

#2671 1 year ago

Did you receive your numbers in email or paper mail?

#2672 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Thanks for sharing this. Did they give you an expected time frame for when 314 would be ready? Based on 500 finished 18 months after production begins, I'm guessing you are a year away from receiving your game?

Nothing more than "game #314" in the email. I ordered on day one by the way and am a prior Spooky purchaser (RZ).

#2673 1 year ago

I received my notice by email from KT I placed my order on lucky Fri. the 13th!

#2674 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Still no notice for me. Must be a lot of prior Spooky customers in on it if you're that far down the line (not a surprise with how many AMH buyers got in on RZ). And if you were a day 1 order as a prior spooky customer, does #314 suggest they got close to sell-out interest on day 1? (assuming you're not the furthest prior spooky customer down the list and that non-spooky customers go further down the line). It wasn't entirely clear to me how our place in line was being determined.

Not sure if the time the order was placed made any difference in assigning game numbers for prior Spooky customers, but given that I sent my email to Kayte seconds after orders were being accepted suggests that Spooky had a really good day of sales on Day 1.

#2675 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I ordered right at 8am and got 338, when did you order? I’m surprised to be so low on the list

#2676 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR is happy to announce we will have an Alice Cooper's Nightmare Castle in our booth at Allentown Pinfest !!! Stop by and see it / play it !
PinballSTAR will have our usual lineup of games from all the companies we sell for... Many in stock NIB, several below open for play... Final line up below... Oh and WE HAVE AN ALICE COOPER coming !!!
Jersey Jack Pinball - 2 NIB WOZ, 2 NIB Hobbit, 2 DI, 2 POTC
American Pinball - 3 Houdini
Chicago Gaming - 2 MMR, 2 AFMR, Coffee Table Foosball
Spooky Pinball - TNA, ACNC
VP Cabs - Wizard, 6 Vertigo, 3 Vortex
I am also preselling Invisiglass to have at the show - discounts for purchases over 3 sheets - email me for pricing and your needs. Will be delivered to show in a box safe for transit... I usually bring no extras - just what is pre-sold and pre-paid for. LAST CALL on the Invisiglass...
ALSO - I plan on maybe bringing some games for sale from my personal collection - not sure which ones yet... Depending on booth space might only bring if pre-sold.
PINBALL :
* Junkyard pinball - 1990's - beautiful collector quality example - pics in the Pinfest buy / sell post : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/16#post-4357422
* Fire Queen - rare EM - great original condition - pics in the Pinfest buy / sell post : https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinfest-2018-buy-sell-trade/page/16#post-4357422
* Flipper Pool pinball - 1960's - backglass animation - fully restored by the best there is for older games - Nick Raschilla, PA
* Grand Slam woodrail pinball - 1950's - fully restored by one of the best - Fabulous Fantasies, Herb Silvers, CA
* Rockola World Series pre-war pinball - 1935 - rare - fully restored by one of the best - Bill Heatherly, PA
VINTAGE ARCADE / GAMEROOM PIECES :
* Chicago Coin Goalee - 1950's 2 player hockey arcade game - original beautiful wood cabinet
* Genco Gypsy Grandma Fortune Teller - rarer / more desirable pedestal model - 1950's - fully restored.
* Pachinkio Slot Machine (Japanese)
* Paschislo Slot Machine (Japanese)
* (2) Diner Booths - used, could use a woodworker to restore to nicer condition
* Victor Topper gumball machine - fully restored
* Movie theater turnstile with base - black - fully restored
* Gamewell Fire Alarm Box
* Scopitone Video Jukebox - needs restoration
* Wurlitzer 1250 Jukebox from 1940 - rare machine that plays both 45's and 33's - fully restored by the Regan brothers, PA
If interested in anything email Joe at Sales@PinballSTAR.com

Nice looking line up!

#2677 1 year ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

I ordered right at 8am and got 338, when did you order? I’m surprised to be so low on the list

Seems really high. Is this your first Spooky game?

#2678 1 year ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Seems really high. Is this your first Spooky game?

Maybe it's not when the email was sent, but when the deposit was made??

I think after the success of both ACNC and TNA, you'll see production ramp up. I bet they have everyone's ACNC to them in 12 months or less.

#2679 1 year ago

Those numbers indicate some good sales.

I’m 90 and 91.

Full steam ahead Team Spooky.

Just to finish the Novus discussion:

Novus has been used for a long time. It’s actually a plastic polish.

Playfields are finished with car clear.

It makes sense to me to use car products on car clear. So I use Mequiers or similar products and 3m cut and polish stuff.

Nothing wrong with Novus at all - I just prefer the car stuff. If it’s designed to work on $100,000 cars (and they don’t get sued) then it’s good for my playfields.

rd

#2680 1 year ago
Quoted from FightNightFZ:

At that same time. Again, I'm not sure if the time ordered made any difference in assignment of game numbers for prior Spooky customers. I'm just glad I will have one of the 500.

#2681 1 year ago

If other's want to add for perspective, i'll share my stats......yeah I was about 100-125 numbers lower than I expected.

For Reference: I emailed and called at 8AM, paid my invoice the moment it was sent, and never owned a previous Spooky pin.

#2682 1 year ago

At the end of the day, let's be thankful for Spooky pinball, regardless of # we will get a great game!

#2683 1 year ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Nice looking line up!

Chris are you coming to the CO show this year and if so are you going to have an Alice Cooper for us?!

#2684 1 year ago

Wow. I'm # 62. August maybe? I better get ready.

#2685 1 year ago

TNA is coming next week and I'm in the 60's. It's a good week

#2687 1 year ago

Are you getting these games numbers now or did they come in earlier? I'm still waiting on mine, nothing yet and I am due for TNA next month so I'm anxious to see where I am at.

#2688 1 year ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Are you getting these games numbers now or did they come in earlier? I'm still waiting on mine, nothing yet and I am due for TNA next month so I'm anxious to see where I am at.

I just received an email

#2689 1 year ago
Quoted from nikpinball:

TNA is coming next week and I'm in the 60's. It's a good week

You lucky bugger!

Still no number for me? I must be #500

#2690 1 year ago

Still no number for me? I must be #500

Same here. I'd guess with 450 emails to send, KT will probably do some today and some tomorrow. Still no number under 50 or over 450 so we still don't know where those 50 for Alice's charity are going to fall.

#2691 1 year ago

Wondering if non-prior Spooky customers could get in front of prior Spooky customers if they ordered through a distributor. Starting to assume I'll be in the 300s as some others that ordered in the same way/time I did. So it may be awhile before there are any mods (have already had some specific requests).

#2694 1 year ago

#394 I asked for high number so that i get other games i wanted and have time to save up. I'm in no rush and by time i get mine should done code and all kinks worked out.

#2697 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Those numbers indicate some good sales.
I’m 90 and 91.
Full steam ahead Team Spooky.
Just to finish the Novus discussion:
Novus has been used for a long time. It’s actually a plastic polish.
Playfields are finished with car clear.
It makes sense to me to use car products on car clear. So I use Mequiers or similar products and 3m cut and polish stuff.
Nothing wrong with Novus at all - I just prefer the car stuff. If it’s designed to work on $100,000 cars (and they don’t get sued) then it’s good for my playfields.
rd

Same here RD - been using Meguiars Mirror Glaze for polishing up CC on a PF.
I'll use some of the Meguiars Fine Cut (#2 I think) when polishing old mylar, then follow up with the Mirror Glaze - works awesome with the TC kit

BTW - on using Novus 2 ... someone asked how many times before you would remove the clear coat on a PF. If you are using it by hand, it would theoretically not be possible. The amount of CC removed (if any) by a product like Novus 2 is microscopic.

#2698 1 year ago
Quoted from MT45:

BTW - on using Novus 2 ... someone asked how many times before you would remove the clear coat on a PF. If you are using it by hand, it would theoretically not be possible. The amount of CC removed (if any) by a product like Novus 2 is microscopic.

Maybe, but why remove the wax if just doing a routine cleaning? Then you have to re wax. More work, more mess and unnecessary. But what ever blows your hair back.

#2699 1 year ago

#152 and TNA coming next week! Life is good!

#2700 1 year ago
Quoted from megalo17:

#152 and TNA coming next week! Life is good!

Nice! Did you just receive the email or was it sent earlier today?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
7,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Machine - For Sale
Pflugerville, TX
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
There are 5637 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 113.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside