20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 114.
#2551 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

not all of the posts on AC are as narrow as others.

Charlie that's quite a narrative in response to someone who simply pointed out that two of your posts are not the same size as the rest.

earlier, you made it sound as though you were unable to find post targets narrow enough to front any of your narrow posts. I offered 1] a solution and 2] made a factual observation that two of them didn't appear so narrow that a standard post target wouldn't work.

so now we have an explanation. 6 months ago you had a design problem that was decimating areas of the pf. your solution/fix at the time was to use larger/sturdier posts.

Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

They also aren't sitting in the sweet spot for an orbit, ramp, or anything super critical to game play.

so instead, to accommodate an earlier issue, they reside smack dab in the middle of the playfield.

Charlie, you've made it pretty clear we are getting 500 ACNC playfields full of rounded posts. the various costs you outlined to rework the game with some post targets are just too much at this point. if you could have, would you have considered scrapping something in the BOM for a half dozen switches, a board, and some inserts if it enhanced normal gameplay? some posters still hope its not too late.

Quoted from rubberducks:

The basic layout looks good, but the preponderance of posts and lack of stand-up targets makes it very bricky... If it's not too late, I think Spooky should seriously consider the addition of some stand-ups, or other avenues to mitigate this.

not sure if this post type from MB is worth considering, but ill throw it out there.

ac20 (2) (resized).jpgac20 (2) (resized).jpg

hard to believe that over the last several months, of all the people who play-tested this game, including all the 'better players' on the 'refinement team', none of them saw/picked up on what the posters below did. believe me, the choice of going with rounded posts vs flat facing targets has a lot to do with it. compare the ball energy and movement from spookys ACNC facebook vid to most modern games with post targets when posts are struck.

in addition, I cant help but feel this is another issue working against ACNC, especially when combined with its rounded posts. this post configuration is the likely cause of what the fist poster below refers to as 'dead spots'.

ac01_LI (2) (resized).jpgac01_LI (2) (resized).jpg

Quoted from bgwilly31:

I could use some more gameplay... I'm being honest. After watching that video of Charlie playing. I'm having strong second thoughts about pulling the trigger... the shots looked like a lot of dead spots. Uggghb. Indecision.

Quoted from robertmee:

I bought AMH and RZLE, but am sitting this one out for the time being. I probably would have rolled the dice were it not for the video that Charlie posted.

Quoted from tacshose:

I just don’t think I can put a deposit down on ACNC with such limited gameplay video.

Quoted from robertmee:

But after watching that video, I think I'm out.

Quoted from rubberducks:

Think I'll be holding off until there's some better video.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Thinking I'm going to sit this one out for now... I was all set to jump in this morning, but my more rational side is realizing there just isn't much to go off of... No offense Chuck, but all the bricking in that video didn't help a ton... I didn't see how many shots actually string together.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

Completely agree. I'm even up right now still contemplating pulling the trigger. Just something is off for me.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to agree and I don't like being negative as it should be a great game. That video should not have gone out as it did nothing to highlight any of the game's selling points.
I would get another one done ASAP!

Quoted from Whysnow:

The video was really bad.

#2552 6 years ago

I'm going to get back to work and tune out for a while. Better for the sanity.

That’s a great idea, PLEASE don’t listen to all of the self appointed “experts” on pinball design in this thread, they’ll screw up this pin in no time. ACNC is looking really good right now and by the time you put on all the finishing touches I’m sure it’s going to be great.

#2553 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Charlie, you've made it pretty clear we are getting 500 ACNC playfields full of rounded posts.

What?!

#2554 6 years ago

Nothing wrong with a few tough shots. Tonight while playing my Rob Zombie I hit the right orbit 3 times in a single game! That shot is a tough one but each time I hit it to achieve a goal in the game a big e smile comes across my face.

Having said that when I flail and miss each time I need that shot I usually curse at the machine and walk away for awhile only to come right back and be punished by the damned thing again.

#2555 6 years ago

Wow, feel better now dude? Douche. Eject is fine

#2556 6 years ago

Oh Christ, the brown hornet has arrived to dump on another one.

#2557 6 years ago

The ignore button is your friend, I’m just saying.

#2558 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

The ignore button is your friend, I’m just saying.

I just took you advice.

#2559 6 years ago

SpookyCharlie - The lighted 'spider eye' speaker grill that was on the machine at MGC...is this standard or a new add-on? Either way, it looks awesome! Also, when's that Dead Flip stream coming?

@Everyone else - The 'bricked shots complaint...this isn't going to be an on-location game mostly with being limited to 500 units...you will learn those shots quickly with the pin in your home. Stop worrying!

The callouts compaint...after watching the Pinball Mayhem short video. It seems like a few are on point, but there are some that I can definitely see the argument on. With that being said, I have faith that the Spooky team will fine tune everything to be awesome.

I can't wait to finally get a few games on it at Southern Fried. 100% confidence in Team Spooky!

#2560 6 years ago

Re: lit speaker grille ... will it be interactive, like the new option on TNA?

#2561 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Charlie that's quite a narrative in response to someone who simply pointed out that two of your posts are not the same size as the rest.
earlier, you made it sound as though you were unable to find post targets narrow enough to front any of your narrow posts. I offered 1] a solution and 2] made a factual observation that two of them didn't appear so narrow that a standard post target wouldn't work.
so now we have an explanation. 6 months ago you had a design problem that was decimating areas of the pf. your solution/fix at the time was to use larger/sturdier posts.

so instead, to accommodate an earlier issue, they reside smack dab in the middle of the playfield.
Charlie, you've made it pretty clear we are getting 500 ACNC playfields full of rounded posts. the various costs you outlined to rework the game with some post targets are just too much at this point. if you could have, would you have considered scrapping something in the BOM for a half dozen switches, a board, and some inserts if it enhanced normal gameplay? some posters still hope its not too late.

not sure if this post type from MB is worth considering, but ill throw it out there.

hard to believe that over the last several months, of all the people who play-tested this game, including all the 'better players' on the 'refinement team', none of them saw/picked up on what the posters below did. believe me, the choice of going with rounded posts vs flat facing targets has a lot to do with it. compare the ball energy and movement from spookys ACNC facebook vid to most modern games with post targets when posts are struck.
in addition, I cant help but feel this is another issue working against ACNC, especially when combined with its rounded posts. this post configuration is the likely cause of what the fist poster below refers to as 'dead spots'.

Other then code the game is done, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Why do so many people on this site think that every game should be custom designed for exactly what they want?

#2562 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Other then code the game is done, if you don't like it, don't buy it. Why do so many people on this site think that every game should be custom designed for exactly what they want?

Greenborenet just likes to pick on any new game that people like. He never plays them, just watches videos and write diatribes. He is honestly best if just ignored. Maybe he will eventually go away when he realizes people are tired of his constant negativity and opinions based solely on video watching.

#2563 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Greenborenet just likes to pick on any new game that people like. He never plays them, just watches videos and write diatribes. He is honestly best if just ignored. Maybe he will eventually go away when he realizes people are tired of his constant negativity and opinions based solely on video watching.

He's pretty ridiculous but is far from alone. As soon as any game gets announced there's hundreds of pinball experts telling the designer what to change and how to make something that they have no clue about better. No game will be perfect and it's impossible to make everyone happy. Why do people not just buy what they like and pass when it isn't what they like?

#2564 6 years ago

I love AC for what it is, can't wait to play it somewhere. Since it won't be on location where I live, most likely, I hope for a friendly Pinsider in the center NC area to get one.

Game looks fantastic, I just may not have the skills to establish flow. See Houdini, there are games with a high skill ceiling, which is great. It wouldbe a shit hobby would all games be made for the weakest players.

#2565 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Re: lit speaker grille ... will it be interactive, like the new option on TNA?

That would be nice. Nice touch on other games. As far as cutout designs, hoping some to further strengthen the castle theme...towers, windows, monsters??

#2566 6 years ago

I thought i had seen the speaker lights were a standard fearure on the game but i could be wrong and its an add on.

I didn't go to MGC so didnt get to see the design well but I liked the skulls that were on the TPF game

#2567 6 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

I thought i had seen the speaker lights were a standard fearure on the game but i could be wrong and its an add on.

It's an add on. $75 plus shipping if you buy it after market, $95 if you have it factory installed. (Feel free to correct me if I got those dollar amounts wrong)

#2568 6 years ago

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly, automatically gets a handful of people all worked up.

We're intentionally staying quiet on how many are already sold in the hopes that people can see & play this at a few more shows to judge for themselves before it sells out (and it will).

If you don't think this game is for you... simple. Don't buy it. We want the people that do buy to enjoy it for what it is.

Never going to make everyone happy. Ever. I'm going to do something far more productive than being on Pinside.

#2569 6 years ago

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly, automatically gets a handful of people all worked up.
We're intentionally staying quiet on how many are already sold in the hopes that people can see & play this at a few more shows to judge for themselves before it sells out (and it will).
If you don't think this game is for you... simple. Don't buy it. We want the people that do buy to enjoy it for what it is.
Never going to make everyone happy. Ever. I'm going to do something far more productive than being on Pinside.

dont worry about it Charlie. You made a kick ass game that is a blast to play! Definitely the best Spooky offering to date and your guys quality keeps getting better and better!

I do think that some of shit talkers are just talking down so they get a chance to buy one before it is sold out.

Themes sell games and you have a killer theme.
Game play and code are what keep games in collections and I am pretty sure you have a keeper on your hands!

I know I am looking forward to the final game and seeing what comes the next time it is at a show.

#2570 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont worry about it Charlie.

I worry about everything... but thanks! We do appreciate it.

Ever get worked up over on-line bickering, then get 2 potentially life changing emails back to back in 5 minutes that turns your whole brain inside out in all the right ways?!?!

Hello Karma! Being nice and having patience pays off.

#2571 6 years ago

I worry about everything... but thanks! We do appreciate it.
Ever get worked up over on-line bickering, then get 2 potentially life changing emails back to back in 5 minutes that turns your whole brain inside out in all the right ways?!?!
Hello Karma! Being nice and having patience pays off.

Don't let the Pinside bitches get to you. Everything will be fine. Most of us are excited about a new game. Those that are too stupid to know it's not a finished product don't matter.

#2572 6 years ago

Never going to make everyone happy. Ever.

I know it's hard, but what you posted above is true. There is no way to design a game for everyone, because not everyone agrees on what makes a game great. Look at all the success you've had...it's pretty clear you are doing it right. Remember pinball is fun. Hard, but still fun.

442713e3d08a877062040b5e6c244abc (resized).jpg442713e3d08a877062040b5e6c244abc (resized).jpg

#2573 6 years ago

I hate to be the bearer of bad news - but that email you got informing you of your offshore winnings may not be legit. I'm happy for any good news you got in an email as long as it doesn't involve you retiring from the pinball biz! I have two games on order right now and both are spooky games - a TNA and an ACNC. I'm pretty much done with Stern....and JJP is so expensive now, it would take a dream theme before I would consider another one.

I attended TPF and fell in love with the ACNC art at first sight - pictures just don't do the game justice. I was so happy that you had some extra ACNC translites printed to sell at the show because the backglass art itself is worth framing. After the reveal, I was even more excited - the comic book animations are incredible, the concept of the castle to explore and the fact that the AC songs are not playing by default.

After *playing* the game, I decided that it was a for sure buy for me. For those comparing this game to Houdini...please stop. I played both games extensively and Houdini frustrated the crap out of me - the shots are simply too tight. ACNC however was not frustrating at all - yea, I bricked some shots - but was able to hit more than I missed. It felt similar to TNA actually in that regard, where a little practice and feel for the game goes a long way to hitting more shots.

#2574 6 years ago

I can understand that criticism some times get overboard, or overwhelming, but...

I love how a video WE DIDN'T MAKE, put out, didn't authorize, didn't have anything to do with, of people playing pretty badly

why don't you put out a video then? oh right you did, got even worse reactions.

I wouldn't bad-mouth and blame some pinball content, which for your game is pretty much unique by the way! so lightly, like... you know that saying, don't kill the messenger?
I can play along about the numbers but would be sadder to believe that you are trying to keep gameplay as a secret too, in the hopes that people can see & play this at a few more shows to judge for themselves before it sells out. good one that one.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Those that are too stupid to know it's not a finished product don't matter.

Charlie already stated that the layout goes as is, or I am mistaken? also pretty much the same about the callouts, except they gonna edit them, add tonality and all that kidding, they'd make them sound better, somehow. And also the rules of course, so you can shot here and there, in that.

#2575 6 years ago

Is there any chance we can get either of these two then charlie.

1.) a list of upcoming shows the game is planned to be at. (Id really like to play this game)

2.) Call up deadflip soon and lets see this badboy.

This game is still such a mystery to me. I like it but i need to see more before loving it

#2576 6 years ago

I would love to see the gentleman in charges of rules play it on Video, heard he is somewhat good at Pinball

And I mean it, watching the Pros play IMDN made my day and revealed the pin's full potential, Charly - could you guys be so kind and do the same for AC?
I do not travel to shows but have that sweet POTCCE money sitting here....

#2577 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

1.) a list of upcoming shows the game is planned to be at. (Id really like to play this game)

2.) Call up deadflip soon and lets see this badboy.

It's going to MI this weekend, and Allentown shortly after... then Southern Fried Gameroom Expo in June.

It's going to have the same code that we're not thrilled with this weekend... then will get a nice update before Allentown.

Working on Mr. Danger, but again... code coming soon. We can put a 50 foot neon sign above the game that says "CODE NOT DONE" ... but that tends to not sink in with people no matter what. Truth.

All in due time.

#2578 6 years ago

Waiting to see and hear more before i comment any further.

#2579 6 years ago

That's the ticket!

This game looks amazing and is only getting better. Stay the course, SpookyCharlie !

#2580 6 years ago

I’m the outsider. I think the call outs are great. Why would some creepy person who lives in a haunted castle have any expression to his voice?!? Sounds great to me Charlie!

#2581 6 years ago

I have now watched soooo many Bowen tutorials and this guy knows his games inside out and what it takes to make a game great. Having him on the team was a masterstroke.

Prediction.

In a year or so, Bowen will do a tutorial on finished ( or near finished ) code and suddenly everyone will want the game, which will have sold out!

#2582 6 years ago

I put my deposit down on ACNC after playing it at MGC. Those that know me know I'm not a "pre-order guy", but I think this game is the real deal. This is still an early rendering. With Bowen on board, the software and rules will be great. I figure that I have close to a year before my game will be built, so plenty of time to develop and tweak.

#2583 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Yes, you won't be able to please everybody, but how about most or some? The MAJORITY of people hate the bland callouts. And for me personally it may be a deal breaker.

Or 500, Charlie only needs to make 500 people happy.

#2584 6 years ago

2 potentially life changing emails back to back in 5 minutes that turns your whole bra

Was one of these emails from FX letting you know you had the license to Sons of Anarchy?

#2585 6 years ago
Quoted from davijc02:

Was one of these emails from FX letting you know you had the license to Sons of Anarchy?

Pretty sure they got the license to make a Spotted Cow pinball machine. That's got to be one of those 2 emails.

#2586 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Pretty sure they got the license to make a Spotted Cow pinball machine. That's got to be one of those 2 emails.

Can only be played in Wisconsin, though.

#2587 6 years ago

SpookyCharlie Where can we find a game play video explaining the shots and showing off the features? Or at least a flyer?

I looked on the spooky site for one... I clicked a link that took me to Facebook with some pics of the pf and cabinet art, but I'm still in the dark.

Thanks...
-Mof

#2588 6 years ago
Quoted from mof:

spookycharlie Where can we find a game play video explaining the shots and showing off the features? Or at least a flyer?
I looked on the spooky site for one... I clicked a link that took me to Facebook with some pics of the pf and cabinet art, but I'm still in the dark.
Thanks...
-Mof

No official video yet, but just a few posts above Charlie indicated that they would try to do a video once they have more code in the game. I'm pretty sure there was a flyer at MGC, but I didn't even grab one. I'd think the features it would highlight would be:

- Castle Ramp Ball Lock on the left ramp. It can lock a ball from either direction.

- Frankenstein monster which raises up from behind the castle.

- Guillotine, which is loaded by backhanding on the upper playfield. It locks the ball then severs them like it's chopping off a head.

- Magnet Save reminds me of the lock on The Shadow, sending the ball flying up from the drain.

- Two target "Danesi lock"

- Awesome 3D molds from Back Alley

- Spinner

In my opinion the features of this machine are on par, or exceed, a Stern Premium. Totally subjective, but in my view this game also has the best art package on ANY machine. From the side art, playfield, backglass, and display it's stunning.

PS: I think GREENHORNET is one of the only pinsiders with a negative ratio in the forums.

#2589 6 years ago

Here's the problem I have with all this... 1 guy (who is actually a friend of ours who I'm going to kick in the shin) plays badly on a video, and suddenly "the shots are flawed". Playing badly is also NOT going to get Alice "animated" as he directs you around the castle, so "the speech sucks".

A handful of people latch on to these "flaws" and it becomes gospel... which means we get emails of people freaking out for no reason on code this fresh and new on a game that has been to 2 shows.

This effects real people in a real way here.

Just show some patience... Bowen will have a game the day Allentown ends. We'll get some proper video and explanation... hell, half the rules are still being adjusted on the fly as Bowen becomes more involved. He's worked here less than a month.

In a perfect world we'd have time to sit on games and get code perfect before anyone sees them. I hope someday we can make that happen... but not an option right now.

Peace out! Leaving Pinside for a while.

#2590 6 years ago

I for one am excited to play it at my local arcade which purchased one!

As long as you don’t develop a 3 ring rotating mech then take it away right before production begins I think you’ll be fine.

Seriously though Chuck please tell I can expect a Sons of Anarchy Pin from you guys as I know you’ll do it right! Hell I’ll buy TNA, Alice Cooper, and get a divorce all in the same day.

#2591 6 years ago

sorry charlie,
the video that all 9 posters i quoted in my post were referring to was the one posted on your company facebook page of you personally playing. pretty sure that was one that you made, you put out, you authorized, and you had something to do with. they were critical of what they saw in your video. that's the one that got them worked up. in fact, so much so, that they wanted to see more - hoping for something better.

Quoted from fantarama:

I'm hopeful more of this title will be revealed at/after the MGC! rrrreally wanting to see some cool gameplay.

Quoted from rubberducks:

quite a few people (me included) have postponed their decision on the game until more footage is available

Quoted from riggy469:

any chance we can get a video with Bowen playing

Quoted from mof:

Where can I review game play video from Spooky? I was hoping to review the shot map, rules, and get a sense of the ball action...

Quoted from joetechbob:

I was assuming photos, videos and reviews from MGC would start trickling in

Quoted from venom112:

Why in the world won’t they allow people to take photos and video. It’s ridiculous that there is little to no videos of gameplay out there.

Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I was hoping to see a lot more discussion here this weekend.

Quoted from MT45:

Can’t wait for more gameplay during MGC!

Quoted from fantarama:

can't wait for MGC so this thread is updated with stuff about the actual game instead of google images and cringy marketing.

despite the clamoring for more video prior to MGC, no new footage from spooky this past week. I understand 'intentionally staying quiet'.

in the absence of any new company footage, the 9:00 pinball mayhem shoot showcased your game pretty well. especially the audio.

of people playing pretty badly

the guy in the Mayhem stream was a bad player? did you even watch him? that guy kinda/sorta knows what he's doing.

do people now need authorization to post gameplay play footage?
you put the game out on the floor. isn't that authorization enough?

sounds like free marketing for the manufacturer and additional input for potential buyers, especially for those of us who cant be there.

#2592 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry charlie,
the video that all 9 posters i quoted in my post were referring to was the one posted on your company facebook page of you personally playing. pretty sure that was one that you made, you put out, you authorized, and you had something to do with. they were critical of what they saw in your video. that's the one that got them worked up. in fact, so much so, that they wanted to see more - hoping for something better.

Dude we get it, you don’t like what you’re seeing. Charlie has made it clear that he’s not changing the game just to accommodate your preferences. You’re beating a dead horse so why don’t you shut up and stop being a troll.

#2593 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

sorry charlie,

despite the clamoring for more video prior to MGC, no new footage from spooky this past week. I understand 'intentionally staying quiet'.
in the absence of any new company footage, the 9:00 pinball mayhem shoot showcased your game pretty well. especially the audio.

the guy in the Mayhem stream was a bad player? did you even watch him? that guy kinda/sorta knows what he's doing.
sounds like free marketing for the manufacturer and additional input for potential buyers, especially for those of us who cant be there.

Still posting dribble.........

the-poop-hat (resized).jpgthe-poop-hat (resized).jpg

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

I can understand that criticism some times get overboard, or overwhelming, but...

why don't you put out a video then? oh right you did, got even worse reactions.
I wouldn't bad-mouth and blame some pinball content, which for your game is pretty much unique by the way! so lightly, like... you know that saying, don't kill the messenger?
I can play along about the numbers but would be sadder to believe that you are trying to keep gameplay as a secret too, in the hopes that people can see & play this at a few more shows to judge for themselves before it sells out. good one that one.

Charlie already stated that the layout goes as is, or I am mistaken? also pretty much the same about the callouts, except they gonna edit them, add tonality and all that kidding, they'd make them sound better, somehow. And also the rules of course, so you can shot here and there, in that.

I just have to ask: does it really make you feel better to come on here and be a total prick troll? That goes for everyone that's whining and bitching about the game.

IT'S A PINBALL MACHINE. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Do like it? Do buy it.

Otherwise, shut up and leave.

Charlie is quality people and his whole crew is living the American dream. And this guy is proud enough and nice enough to take his super sweet creation public, and how does that get repaid? Some keyboard jockeys with terrible sensibilities and zero class decide to hide behind their computer screens and rain negativity. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. It's pitiful.

This is someone's business and livelihood and you guys treat it like some kind toilet where you can deliver your crap.

It's the poisoning of Pinside. It's like the fun playground has been totally overrun by a bunch smelly brats that can't help but stomp their feet and wave their hands for attention while crapping all over a hobby that's supposed to be a fun diversion. Thanks for ruining the escape, fellas. You've successfully chased off half the quality true-blood collectors and players that used to hang out here... looks like you're trying to push the rest out too (right along with one of the coolest company owners in the industry).

Good grief.

This game looks kick-ass. The art is over the top amazing, theming is great, and it looks like a ton of fun to play. Get over it.

(By the way, Charlie, I hope I get a chance to shake your hand and buy you a beer one day. You deserve it, sir!)

#2595 6 years ago

Had some time to think about this, i need more information to accurately comment on this. The game looks incredible and the shots look difficult (which i like). Just hoping the audio will be a 10 as well.

#2596 6 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I just have to ask: does it really make you feel better to come on here be a total prick troll? That goes for everyone that's whining and bitching about the game.
IT'S A PINBALL MACHINE. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Do like it? Do buy it.
Otherwise, shut up and leave.
Charlie is quality people and his whole crew is living the American dream. And this guy is proud enough and nice enough to take his super sweet creation public, and how does that get repaid? Some keyboard jockeys with terrible sensibilities and zero class decide to hide behind their computer screens and rain negativity. You guys should be ashamed of yourselves. It's pitiful.
This is someone's business and livelihood and you guys treat it like some kind toilet where you can deliver your crap.
It's the poisoning of Pinside. It's like the fun playground has been totally overrun by a bunch smelly brats that can't help but stomp their feet and wave their hands for attention while crapping all over a hobby that's supposed to be a fun diversion. Thanks for ruining the escape, fellas. You've successfully chased off half the quality true-blood collectors and players that used to hang out here... looks like you're trying to push the rest out too (right along with one of the coolest company owners in the industry).
Good grief.
This game looks kick-ass. The art is over the top amazing, theming is great, and it looks like a ton of fun to play. Get over it.

sorry man, missed the "only positive feedback allowed" sign at the door.
don't get so worked up, jeez!

last question before I let myself out of the Kingdom of Caring (that's where the Care Bears live) here, if negative criticism (and, here goes your cardiovascular system: also the truth) is trolling, to make it rain sugar no matter what is bullshit?

#2597 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

OK, so you're completely dodging the issue of crappy callouts. The callouts as they are now sound very amateurish and home made. Code is great, but won't fix this.

What do you want him to say? You don't like the call outs and think they are amateurish. So is Charlie supposed to spend his time trying to convince you that you are wrong? It's your opinion, he obviously thinks the sounds are going to turn out good or they would have went a different direction. If you don't like them then don't buy the game. Why does Charlie need to respond directly to you and try to convince you that you are wrong? He doesn't owe any of us shit. People that do buy a game he owes them his best effort and that's about it. He's not on here trying to convince anyone that this is something they have to buy.

#2598 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

OK, so you're completely dodging the issue of crappy callouts. The callouts as they are now sound very amateurish and home made. Code is great, but won't fix this.

Could also mean that not all of the callouts are at that level. Perhaps the farther you get into the game and the higher your score gets, the more animated they become.

#2599 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

Go poke a hornets nest. You are now just being a jerk.

#2600 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

766 custom callouts , what has been heard so far is just a small fraction of the dialog from alice . Game is still in it's early stages . I don't think any of those online videos show much more than the begining of the game .

Quoted from GhostThruster:Could also mean that not all of the callouts are at that level. Perhaps the farther you get into the game and the higher your score gets, the more animated they become.

I am thinking the same thing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.00
$ 210.00
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.