20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 114.
#2451 6 years ago

finally - nice pics - thanks! Looks great!

#2452 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Thanks for all the great pics! Such a cool looking game. I can’t wait to get mine!

sorry guys I wish I would of got some video for you and good picture of that monster. illusive little guy. all my pictures sucked of it

#2453 6 years ago
Quoted from cavalier88z24:

I have a few close ups with glass on

Thanks! So many cool details . . . this looks to be a really fun pin.

#2454 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

This is right up there with Fathom as the prettiest pin.

Aw, but I think it's prettier by far!

#2455 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Played it at MGC. I liked the storymode, but I didn't like the layout. Castle is cool, but there's so much of the playfield covered up it's like you're just shooting into holes not sure where the ball is going to come back out (maybe it gets more predictable the more you play it?). Also doesn't seem to be enough things close to the flippers to shoot at where the ball is coming back at you. I don't hate it, but it didn't grab me. There's something to be said about TNA with that close pop bumper and angled targets right in the center, really keeps you on your toes.

This is exactly, what I thought. I really wanted to be grabbed by Alice gameplay. It looks phenomenal. I think I need more time with it.

#2456 6 years ago

Any talk at MGC of when numbers will be given out to those that ordered?

#2457 6 years ago

Not sure what happened. I think we were all expecting some video and perhaps our numbers at/after MGC. I suppose it's not developed enough and perhaps our numbers will come out this week.

#2458 6 years ago

I found a couple of pics from TPF that show the blue trim.

20180316_120754 (resized).jpg20180316_120754 (resized).jpg

20180316_120751 (resized).jpg20180316_120751 (resized).jpg

#2459 6 years ago

I asked about blue trim at MGC and Charlie said color is correct, but current finish quality is not done (i.e. production option will be more durable as current one on the beta game does scratch)

#2460 6 years ago

I love the spooky "hammered" powder or whatever it's called. Looks great on RZ and seems to be very durable, no scratches.

#2461 6 years ago

The silver vein looks great to me. It what I asked for on my game.

The blue looks nice...

#2462 6 years ago

Where to get those skull speaker grills?

#2463 6 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I love the spooky "hammered" powder or whatever it's called. Looks great on RZ and seems to be very durable, no scratches.

It's Hammertone. Loved it on my Rob Zombie.

#2464 6 years ago

I wonder if the coin door powder coated will be an option

#2465 6 years ago

I really dig the silver vein finish as well. Really fits the game well and looks better than the blue IMHO. And all the better if it's a highly durable finish.

#2466 6 years ago

Anyone who attended MGC able to comment on the development of the rules/code since TPF? Any new modes, multi-balls, lighting effects, etc.?

#2467 6 years ago

I wasn't good enough to start much of anything. I did put in a request to FawzmaGames to make those posts worth big points. That's what I seemed to keep hitting.

PS: Not faulting the design. I just needed to play better.

#2468 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

Where to get those skull speaker grills?

they were a placeholder for TPF and Charlie said they would change. looks like there were different ones on it at MGC but dont know if they are the final design

#2469 6 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I wonder if the coin door powder coated will be an option

It's not as of yet. Although spooky works close with Matt at backalley. He has done a terrific job on a few of my other ones. He said he would have no problem doing mine.

Magicchiz

#2470 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I wasn't good enough to start much of anything. I did put in a request to fawzmagames to make those posts worth big points. That's what I seemed to keep hitting.
PS: Not faulting the design. I just needed to play better.

Ehh this was my fear and why i didnt pull the trigger on the pre order.

Looked like so many dead shots

#2471 6 years ago

Has anyone done the silver vein on the coin door? Can that be done? I really do like the silver vein.

#2472 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Looked like so many dead shots

Lets not jump to conclusions here!

I'm going to play it Friday at PATZ. I'll report back with all honesty about what I think. I'm not a pinball wizard by any means so I expect to play like crap at first like I always do on any new pin.

#2473 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I did put in a request to... make those posts worth big points.
That's what I seemed to keep hitting.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Not faulting the design.

why not?

from "the music man" soundtrack

Friend, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a table in your community .
Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here,
I say, trouble right here in River City.

#2474 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Yep. I'm tired of people complaining/whining lately about any new pin where they can't see the ball 100% of the time due to an upper playfield or something, like it's a bad design and a "deal breaker" for them. I never hear them bitching about White Water, or all the other pins like that. It is not bad design. It's awesome.

I couldn't agree more!

#2475 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

why not?
from "the music man" soundtrack
Friend, either you're closing your eyes
To a situation you do not wish to acknowledge
Or you are not aware of the caliber of disaster indicated
By the presence of a table in your community .
Well, ya got trouble, my friend, right here,
I say, trouble right here in River City.

What are you? A drama queen?

no-drama-allowed (resized).jpgno-drama-allowed (resized).jpg

#2476 6 years ago
Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I'm going to play it Friday at PATZ. I'll report back with all honesty about what I think.

waiting on your report!

remember:

sugar-coated-preaching (resized).jpgsugar-coated-preaching (resized).jpg

#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

waiting on your report!
remember:

I won't go all DRAMA on it! I promise.

#2478 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1523917064754 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1523917064754 (resized).jpg

#2479 6 years ago

Every machine has space between main shots. The more shots in the game, the more transitions. Could there have been switches, sure, but it's very easy to keep adding to the point of a $10,000 machine. Honestly, I'm also just a poor player.

#2480 6 years ago

I played this at MGC this weekend several times. Talked with bowen and others about the rules and the direction they are going.

Posted in the other thread:
personally, I love the direction the rules are going for ACNC. Basically, it's like a dungeon crawl board game. There is a map in the center lower part of the screen. You can move from room to room. In each room there are items you can collect or advance to another room. The more items you collect on your way to fighting the monster at the top of the room, the easier it is to defeat the boss. Basically a pinball version of a dungeon crawl board game. Fantastic. Love that aspect of it.

Game shot well as well. Everything was smooth shooting. great potential here all around.

#2481 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I played this at MGC this weekend several times. Talked with bowen and others about the rules and the direction they are going.
personally, I love the direction the rules are going for ACNC. Basically, it's like a dungeon crawl board game. There is a map in the center lower part of the screen. You can move from room to room. In each room there are items you can collect or advance to another room. The more items you collect on your way to fighting the monster at the top of the room, the easier it is to defeat the boss. Basically a pinball version of a dungeon crawl board game. Fantastic. Love that aspect of it.
Game shot well as well. Everything was smooth shooting. great potential here all around.

Wow, as someone already sold on this game and a huge board gamer, this is really exciting to hear! What's my number?!

#2482 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Holy crap that's cool! I got a chance to play it at TPF and was blown away already....this takes it to another level. Wow!

#2483 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm going to need some video evidence

#2484 6 years ago

I'm not a good player, and did not know any of the rules. Therefore can't comment on any of the modes. I was able to get to the upper play field, which was a good time.

#2485 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Could there have been switches, sure.

you read me like a book.

#2486 6 years ago

The inner left loop is a tight shot but I had it pretty dialed in after playing a decent amount of games at mgc . Love the ghostly scream sound it makes when it shoots the ball from the left scoop . Rules so far are really cool , as Neo stated you work your way through the castle .Once you start no turning back you work your way to the top and battle the monster you've selected if you missed something along the way the monster will be tougher .

#2487 6 years ago

Here's a video from MGC 2018 with great sound (thanks to the shotgun mic) despite the background noise

Jeremy & the Pinball Mayhem crew
-thanks to Dave P for helping on this one

#2488 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

you read me like a book.

I think that's fair, but there is so much right with this game it would be a shame to spend too much time focused on that. Pinball is fun!

#2489 6 years ago

I love the display effect of the AC comic looking like the old classic EC Horror comics from back in the 50s. Nice touch and great graphics. Would love to play this baby!

#2490 6 years ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Here's a video from MGC 2018 with great sound

they should have waited for senior Cooper to come out of the coma to record the callouts...
I'm loving the music thought.

#2491 6 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I love the display effect of the AC comic looking like the old classic EC Horror comics from back in the 50s. Nice touch and great graphics. Would love to play this baby!

I used to collect those in the late 90's/early 2000s and agree 100%.

ACNC may be my favorite use of the LCD I've seen yet (while many others seem to meander with animation that seldom syncs with the ball action). I've been wanting an LCD game for awhile, but they keep falling flat for me (with perhaps the exception of Dialed In). While I'm still interested in an Iron Maiden at some point, the LCD graphics and interaction are disappointing thus far (though things like the combos adding necks to Eddie's guitar are the right direction toward making the LCD feel linked to the game as nearly any DMD does).

Quoted from fantarama:

they should have waited for senior Cooper to come out of the coma to record the callouts...

I can agree with that. I expected a bit more signature snarl from the callouts, but for an Alice Cooper fan, anything from the man himself is appreciated (compared to an unrelated voice actor such as TWD, etc.).

Quoted from FawzmaGames:

There are tons of graphics left to be added.. maybe 40% are in.
SFX/Voices/etc.. still need filters/processing. They are raw at this point.

This is what I questioned the first time we got a snippet. Seemed like they weren't processed yet. While it's obvious from the raw audio that there doesn't seem to be as much heart into the callouts as anticipated, I am looking forward to hearing the polished versions

#2492 6 years ago

I am a Alice fan and I have to agree. I have heard him do wayyyy better voice work. it just seems like he didn't have direction in what needed to be snarly mean Alice and what needs to be Amped up. Now he does do a radio show everyday, I would think in a studio. So I would figure if they need him to refine some of the call outs there is still time to do that. We have yet to hear any jackpots etc!

I also am a little worried about the Danesi lock shot. it just looks like it would have to be a one in a million shot. Almost like maybe they had planned for another flipper over my the scoop maybe. I have yet to see anyone hit it in my time at TPF.

Anyone that has played it. Where you able to hit it? if you don't know there is a Danesi zombie in front of it!

Magicchiz

#2493 6 years ago

There are tons of graphics left to be added.. maybe 40% are in.

SFX/Voices/etc.. still need filters/processing. They are raw at this point.

#2494 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

I am a Alice fan and I have to agree. I have heard him do wayyyy better voice work. it just seems like he didn't have direction in what needed to be snarly mean Alice and what needs to be Amped up. Now he does do a radio show everyday, I would think in a studio. So I would figure if they need him to refine some of the call outs there is still time to do that. We have yet to hear any jackpots etc!
I also am a little worried about the Danesi lock shot. it just looks like it would have to be a one in a million shot. Almost like maybe they had planned for another flipper over my the scoop maybe. I have yet to see anyone hit it in my time at TPF.
Anyone that has played it. Where you able to hit it? if you don't know there is a Danesi zombie in front of it!
Magicchiz

I talked to them about the inline drops, and they said, they were thinking about making it so you can set it to steal balls, or not steal balls in the settings. Which would be a win win for everyone, as you can set it how you want.

#2495 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I talked to them about the inline drops, and they said, they were thinking about making it so you can set it to steal balls, or not steal balls in the settings. Which would be a win win for everyone, as you can set it how you want.

I just finished up getting lock stealing working. Its now a user setting. This will only be for Frank mode. Crypt MB will still be user specific. The next time this feature will be seen will be at the Atlanta show.

#2496 6 years ago
Quoted from Magicchiz:

it just seems like he didn't have direction in what needed to be snarly mean Alice and what needs to be Amped up.

+1
To me his vocal approach to the callouts sounds like an old man reading a bedtime story to a small child going out of his way NOT to scare him.

If the goal is to make another family-friendly pin like AMH, to get young kids into pinball, I think it's a successful approach to call outs.

It's just not the approach I was expecting when I think of 'Alice Cooper.'

I thought he liked to shock people...

-mof

#2497 6 years ago

Yet another video of brick shots.

It's unfortunate because the art is incredible. The look of the pf is also incredible.

The call outs are terrible. I could do better myself. I'm not sure AC was a fit.

And the shots. Brick after brick. Targets instead of so many posts would have helped. But can't help but still think the shot layout is missing something vital. Pop pumpers. Or better yet maybe a bash toy. Like TWD. Or a barn door. Or even better. Castle door draw bridge shot. Like MM. It's just missing something very vital to make it fun.

#2498 6 years ago

Really good video. Thanks for posting.

Will the lighted speaker panels be an add on or standard on the game?

#2499 6 years ago
Quoted from fantarama:

So much excitement and enthusiasm lol

#2500 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Yet another video of brick shots.
It's unfortunate because the art is incredible. The look of the pf is also incredible.
The call outs are terrible. I could do better myself. I'm not sure AC was a fit.
And the shots. Brick after brick. Targets instead of so many posts would have helped. But can't help but still think the shot layout is missing something vital. Pop pumpers. Or better yet maybe a bash toy. Like TWD. Or a barn door. Or even better. Castle door draw bridge shot. Like MM. It's just missing something very vital to make it fun.

I agree with some of this, though I have yet to play the game, so I can't comment on gameplay, but it looks like a fun game as is (glad to know it will be at SFGE). Many games work just fine without post targets. If the center target bank lowered (like Dominos/AMH) for "sewer" access (better yet, "go to hell"), that would have put it over the top for sure, but I'm liking the game more every time I see new pics/videos, and am personally glad there are no pops with this layout.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

$ 300.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 14.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 210.00
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/50?hl=fantarama and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.