20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 114.
#2051 6 years ago

I think the game is going to be a winner. My last NIB was MET in 2013, and that leap of faith worked out for me. Remember when people were freaking out over that first video for MET, where Lyman was trying to complete the pick shots? Everyone thought he was bricking and said “I’m out!”.

This time I did actually get some gameplay in on ACNC at TPF, and that’s what sold me on it. This is not a stop-and-go game. The inner loop shot feels good. The shots look tight but are all very makeable.

#2052 6 years ago

Sent email at 9:01 eastern. Does that email hold spot or what everyone is calling "reply email" hold it. That means people got sent a email response already and they are replying to that?

#2053 6 years ago

Selling off one of my grails for this. I've got nothing but faith in Camp Spooky

#2054 6 years ago

I think they'll get a lot of orders today, but not 500. I don't think there is any rush to order before seeing a stream with more complete code (at least with a song) or actually getting hands on experience (which can be difficult given Spooky's low numbers). So, I'm not worried about sitting this one out for the time being.

#2055 6 years ago

Ordered!! Can’t wait to play the game again!! Played early code at TPF. The art work and concept are so cool. Alice Cooper was a high school favorite. His shows are a lot of fun that is for sure.

#2056 6 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I think they'll get a lot of orders today, but not 500. I don't think there is any rush to order before seeing a stream with more complete code (at least with a song) or actually getting hands on experience (which can be difficult given Spooky's low numbers). So, I'm not worried about sitting this one out for the time being.

I ordered day one for this reason. So I can get an early one on site in the Northeast and then everyone can get a chance to play it and hopefully make a decision for themselves if they want one.

#2057 6 years ago

Just ordered my 4th Spooky pin.

#2058 6 years ago

Deposit sent. My first spooky pin! Replacing my TWD LE which I must now list for sale.

#2059 6 years ago

In for 1 but I feel it's going to be forever to get this rolled out the door. They are already taking in more TNA orders than can be cranked out (the game is fricken amazing IMO), so unless there's a massive ramp-up in production, I don't see TNA getting off the line anywhere in the next 8-10 months at LEAST. Going to be a good wait though.

#2060 6 years ago

I just called, gave my name and email and they will be sending over an invoice with payment options. Pretty quick and easy, answered the phone on the first ring..

#2061 6 years ago
Quoted from wxforecaster:

In for 1 but I feel it's going to be forever to get this rolled out the door. They are already taking in more TNA orders than can be cranked out (the game is fricken amazing IMO), so unless there's a massive ramp-up in production, I don't see TNA getting off the line anywhere in the next 8-10 months at LEAST. Going to be a good wait though.

I think TNA will sell forever, basically. Bit like WOZ, Metallica, and perhaps DI.

Build run of Alice is apparently estimated to be ~18 months according to Spooky, from when it commences.

#2062 6 years ago

We're bumping up to 25 games every 2 weeks to help get the flow going better, but you're not wrong. It's going to be every bit of 18 months to build all 500 Alice games.

We said 18 months to build 300 RZ games and beat it by 2 months. I hope we can duplicate that on this game as well!

Good problems to have as a growing company, but yep... still a problem. We'll get there.

#2063 6 years ago

They can run two different titles at one time. Its not going to take 8-10 months before AC starts being assembled.

#2064 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Otherwise, I can't say I wasn't hoping for more obvious Alice Cooper imagery from the game--we get it on the glass and cab, but as you pointed out, even the Frankenstein isn't close to the Frankenstein associated with Alice (not sure if they were allowed to use that likeness for Frankenstein). However, as I'm perfectly willing to mod my games, I know some of that can be enhanced.

Couldn't agree more...said this early in the tread and got beat up. I don't play glass/cab...the absence of Alice (and symbols from this live show) on the PF is a bummer. More of a general haunted house vibe with Alice doing the callouts. I think it's an interesting twist, but I'm more a sucker for the "songs in your face" jukebox approach.

The video was also odd/disappointing...all the references to the orbit shot being proof it has great flow? A game doesn't have to be an SR-inspired flow monster to be a good game! ACNC might be an awesome game without tons of flow. Since I haven't played it, it's hard to have a strong opinion.

I've never owned a Spooky game and with what I've been able to see, I'm going to change my plans and make TNA my first Spooky title and let someone else enjoy the ACNC I was planning on buying. TNA is more my vibe and I'm able to "play before buying". With only 500 being produced, I'm sure they will sell every game...flow or not! Jukebox or not!

snaroff

#2065 6 years ago

Pressed send at 8:00am central : )

#2066 6 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I observed a level of douchbaggery that I’ve never seen in other pinball events. There was a long line for AC, and a little girl of about 8 was waiting patiently with us. Then this guy jumps through the line to stand next to the game, and puts up a 4-player game for her. That seemed odd, but of course we let the little girl play her balls (which were draining pretty fast anyway). Then when she got to player 4 the guy says “I’m gonna play now!”, jumps in and plays a ball. The little girl turned to me and said “He wasn’t in line with us! That’s not right.” I didn’t make a big issue out of it because I didn’t want to ruin the girl’s experience. I just said to her “He was wrong, and karma is gonna get him.”

You are a much better person than I am. I woulda jerked him off the machine.

#2067 6 years ago

We're already off to a great start this morning at Nitro! Canadian's love Alice!

Billion Dollar Babies album playing since 6am PST. Raise Your Fist and Yell up next!

Contact us Toll Free 1-855-DO-NITRO (36-64876) or [email protected]

We should be able to hear you over the music!

Thanks, Tommy

IMG_1743 (resized).JPGIMG_1743 (resized).JPG

#2068 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm more a sucker for the "songs in your face" jukebox approach.

#1 complaint we heard when we announced this title... "we don't want yet another music game!".

Just trying to do something completely unique from everything else out there. Totally get it... it's a fine line (and impossible task) to make everyone happy.

With all the games out there now, variety is good! Something for everyone.

#2069 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

We're already off to a great start this morning at Nitro!

Tommy and crew are great people!!! Glad to have them on team Spooky.

#2070 6 years ago

Done

Confirmed at 9:04:15!

This is gift for my wife ... big AC fan
25B2A5B5-5EA8-4497-B0B5-26FFD1F54BA5 (resized).jpeg25B2A5B5-5EA8-4497-B0B5-26FFD1F54BA5 (resized).jpeg

#2071 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

#1 complaint we heard when we announced this title... "we don't want yet another music game!".
Just trying to do something completely unique from everything else out there. Totally get it... it's a fine line (and impossible task) to make everyone happy.
With all the games out there now, variety is good! Something for everyone.

Hey Charlie, I'm not surprised by the feedback, however most of the R&R titles folks complain about have been by Stern. I think it's possible to do a R&R tribute pin without blindly following the Stern recipe (which I agree is getting old).

As you say, variety is good. I also think pushing in different directions is good, which you are doing at Spooky! Very happy to see your companies success...you guys seem to be having fun, which is great!

snaroff

#2072 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

As you say, variety is good.

All good sir. Games are moving crazy fast!!! Gonna be another good day here. Thanks everyone for the support!

#2073 6 years ago

Loved the concept so much I had to make it Spooky #2 for me after TNA. Thanks Joe @ PinballSTAR!

#2074 6 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

Done
Confirmed at 9:04:15!
This is gift for my wife ... big AC fan

Tim, I ordered one too...

#2075 6 years ago

Initially jumped the gun and sent an e-mail at 8 a.m est., then again at 8 a.m central, but part of the same chain, so hopefully it doesn't go missing in the pile of mail I'm sure they're getting. Been waiting to send that e-mail for nearly a year

#2076 6 years ago

For the people that ordered. Does the speaker grills and lights come on the machine? Also how are they taking payment (credit card, check, etc.)

#2077 6 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

For the people that ordered. Does the speaker grills and lights come on the machine? Also how are they taking payment (credit card, check, etc.)

Charlie said "Speaker grills are a temporary thing. Working on another design."

#2078 6 years ago

Hey Charlie. As usual, it's nice to see your personal presence and comments here!

All the pictures you posted look great. The art direction for this pin is on point and the playfield looks incredible. The sculpts really set the mood. The theme is strong. I've been waiting for a spooky castle, or haunted mansion, or something along those lines for a time. And who doesn't love monsters?

I'm glad you posted a gameplay video. The ones uploaded from TPF weren't too helpful. Couldn't hear anything. If I may, you know what would've been even better? Having Bowen do one of his "PAPA Tutorial" style videos. And then another video of some multi-player games with you and staff. Something like that would really help someone like me, who generally prefers to try before I buy, get a better feel for the pin. From what little I've seem I'm still left wondering "Is it fun?" and "How's the code?". Big questions.

Also, I'm hoping the call outs are fun. The call outs on RZ were fantastic. Multiple professional actors. Great attitude and inflection. Profanity. It was perfect. Sounds like on ACNC it's just Alice, a lot of Alice, and not much modulation of intonation. Granted I'm just going off one short video. Unfair to jump to conclusions from such a small sample.

You guys tend to make fun pins, so I'm not too worried. Just talking out loud here.

#2080 6 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Having Bowen do one of his "PAPA Tutorial" style videos

In due time... the code is a bit shy of Bowen levels right now with the board switch. Working hard on that now.

#2081 6 years ago

Sent order at 8 AM sharp and got my wait for deposit details email from Kayte.

My first Spooky game...

#2082 6 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Sent order at 8 AM sharp and got my wait for deposit details email from Kayte.
My first Spooky game...

I still have yet to receive such an e-mail. Sent my second e-mail at 8:01 central. As noted above, hoping it didn't get washed as it was part of a gmail chain. Would make for Spooky #2 presuming all goes well.

#2083 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Deposit sent. My first spooky pin! Replacing my TWD LE which I must now list for sale.

Now thats confidence!

#2084 6 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I still have yet to receive such an e-mail. Sent my second e-mail at 8:01 central. As noted above, hoping it didn't get washed as it was part of a gmail chain. Would make for Spooky #2 presuming all goes well.

I sent my email at 8 AM as well but nothing here either. Hopefully it didn't go to Spam.

#2085 6 years ago

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but my finger is itching.. Got to play the game at TPF and it was alot of fun, look forward to seeing further developments in the code

#2086 6 years ago

I got my order in as well. Spooky beat out Stern and JJP for my pinball $ this year.

TNA and AC now both on order.

#2087 6 years ago
Quoted from DefDumBlindKid:

I got my order in as well. Spooky beat out Stern and JJP for my pinball $ this year.
TNA and AC now both on order.

My plan was to order TNA months ago. I buddy of mine locally beat me to the punch and ordered TNA. ( damn you TigerLaw )
Our community locally is too small to have a ton of duplicate games, so I passed on TNA.

Spooky will get my money for the only new game I will purchase this year.

#2088 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I sent my email at 8 AM as well but nothing here either. Hopefully it didn't go to Spam.

Just got an email from Kayte, who must be monitoring this thread, and she did not receive my 8 o'clock email. So a heads up to anyone else still waiting for a reply....they may not have gotten your email. Hopefully my reply to her went through.

#2089 6 years ago

Any official distributor in Europe?

#2090 6 years ago
Quoted from MattElder:

Just got an email from Kayte, who must be monitoring this thread, and she did not receive my 8 o'clock email. So a heads up to anyone else still waiting for a reply....they may not have gotten your email. Hopefully my reply to her went through.

Sent another e-mail and got a response immediately. Seems Kayte attempted to send me an e-mail an hour prior and it disappeared somehow as I never got anything in my spam folder either, but at least now I know I've got a spot

#2092 6 years ago

Please if you have not heard from me in any way today send me an email RIGHt away. I have tried to get to everyone but I am sure someone has slipped through the cracks. [email protected]

#2093 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Please if you have not heard from me in any way today send me an email RIGHt away. I have tried to get to everyone but I am sure someone has slipped through the cracks. [email protected]

Reading between the lines a bit, I'm guessing today went *really* well for Spooky pinball.

I played the game at TPF and loved the layout, shot selection, wicked art/molds and the comic book style animations. I ordered mine this morning and don't have any second thoughts. I have never owned and generally dislike music based pins, but this one feels so much different than anything Stern has offered.

The video does *not* do the game justice. I wish those on the fence could have seen it in person like I did...

P.S. don't forget the "Bowen" effect...I suspect he'll be tweaking shots and making some great rules.

#2094 6 years ago

On the List and confirmed - can‘t wait to get another spooky

Cheers from Germany

Peter

#2095 6 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

P.S. don't forget the "Bowen" effect...I suspect he'll be tweaking shots and making some great rules.

And the P3ROC effect. I think this change was a bold, smart move. I'd much rather wait a little longer to get something on this platform. I know nothing about pinHeck, but I know the community seems to be rallying around P3ROC and it should be here for a long time.

#2096 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Thanks for being great.

-Jim

#2097 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Might we get our deposit email later today Charlie?

#2098 6 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Tim, I ordered one too...

Awesome! 2 in the neighborhood. We can compare notes, mods, etc. Super excited to support Spooky team!

#2099 6 years ago

As allways i got mine ordered from Joe at Pinballstar

#2100 6 years ago

:thinking:I’m debating on this title or TNA

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 300.00
$ 14.00
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.