20190713_095053 (resized).jpg
1E2543A6-76CD-414C-8428-6EAFC19DC7A4 (resized).jpeg
5FD92BFD-5474-499C-80E2-94F7706DD8B3 (resized).jpeg
BDE82F91-513F-4D7D-A545-66B29EB0122A (resized).jpeg
9CF3561A-630B-45FF-8ABB-FEF2017C0FEF (resized).jpeg
ef13dad8c5d55f656a8e28a6f59e4a50abffcfcb (resized).png
BG01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 114.
#2001 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Is that Frankenstein a prototype. I think that figurine used is a little lame looking.

Sweet Frankenstein Transvestite. Looks a bit like rocky horror picture show. Fits the overall impression

#2002 6 years ago

AC was hair raising at TPF.

614BF3F2-D568-4510-917B-42B48D03CC3F (resized).jpeg614BF3F2-D568-4510-917B-42B48D03CC3F (resized).jpeg

#2003 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Is that Frankenstein a prototype. I think that figurine used is a little lame looking.

What do you mean? It looks just like...oh... [perhaps I'll mod mine ] Though I expect 90+% of people won't think twice about the figure at the back of the machine that shows up every once in awhile, particularly with all the mood lighting this machine seems to do. Hard to nit-pick the figure when ACNC is such a giant leap up for Spooky, and enough of a leap to blow most Sterns out of the water when it comes to "world under glass" presence.

genie (resized).jpggenie (resized).jpg
genie1 (resized).jpggenie1 (resized).jpg

#2004 6 years ago

I could use some more gameplay. But if I'm being honest. After watching that video of Charlie playing. I'm having strong second thoughts about pulling the trigger. I think the few Alice Cooper's voice overs I heard were extremely monotone. And the shots looked like a lot of dead spots. Uggghb. Indecision.

#2005 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1521797685523 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1521797685523 (resized).jpg

#2006 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I could use some more gameplay. But if I'm being honest. After watching that video of Charlie playing. I'm having strong second thoughts about pulling the trigger. I think the few Alice Cooper's voice overs I heard were extremely monotone. And the shots looked like a lot of dead spots. Uggghb. Indecision.

While monotone speaking isn't necessarily unusual for Alice, I do agree it sounds pretty flat here (spoken intro to Feed My Frankenstein is fairly monotone, but has more character to it...if that makes sense). Would be a pain to do it after the fact if audio can be swapped, but I could see simple effects such as compression, EQ, and reverb helping, along with a light grit added to it (a program like Nectar 2 could certainly make those callouts more interesting). If I recall correctly, the callouts in Rob Zombie got some light processing as Rob himself requested it.

As for the shots, I hear the same about Houdini, but I had no problem when I got a chance to play Houdini myself. I also don't mind the stop and go as some do (provided the screen animation/lighting integrates it all well).

Otherwise, I can't say I wasn't hoping for more obvious Alice Cooper imagery from the game--we get it on the glass and cab, but as you pointed out, even the Frankenstein isn't close to the Frankenstein associated with Alice (not sure if they were allowed to use that likeness for Frankenstein). However, as I'm perfectly willing to mod my games, I know some of that can be enhanced.

#2007 6 years ago

FB_IMG_1522033455263 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1522033455263 (resized).jpg

#2009 6 years ago

Well just to be sure I played AMH and RZ today. As before I love AMH and hate RZ. Never played Dominos or Jetsons.

I just don’t think I can put a deposit down on ACNC with such limited gameplay video. I wish Spooky had gotten Jack Danger in this weekend to stream it. Oh well I hope it doesn’t sell out before I can decide what to do.

#2010 6 years ago

Is there any video of a ball going down the right habitrail? I’ve seen balls shot up the left ramp either get locked in the castle or go to the upper playfield, and balls shot up the right ramp that go to the upper playfield. But I don’t think I’ve seen a shot yet that went down the right habitrail (the one with the guillotine). Any ideas on how the ball gets there? It would be cool to see how it acts going around that swirling ramp exit

#2011 6 years ago

The "butter" option price for a print is 10 bucks extra for one side for my home made MC.
So 1000 buck extra no way.

#2012 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

The "butter" option price for a print is 10 bucks extra for one side for my home made MC.

The "butter" option isn't a decal/sticker, which I believe is what you're comparing it to. "Cabinets are hand dipped in rich colored inks (no decals), lovingly rolled in automotive clear coat protection, and buffed to shiny delicious perfection" -- Spooky

$1k is certainly a steep premium for cab-art, but it's awesome that Spooky offers it to those that want that luxury.

#2013 6 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

I think I'm falling into this camp. I've been emailing KT for the past couple of months, on and off, expressing interest, and was ready to send my deposit today. But after watching that video, I think I'm out. There's just not much to shoot at. And the AC audio, if I'm begin honest, is awful. Very disappointed as I've been a huge Spooky supporter with AMH and RZ.

#2014 6 years ago

I’m in. Great video Charlie and looking forward to seeing the next video of the game. I was worried that this would be another music pin and it definitely isn’t. The interview with Alice was awesome too. I’ve been looking for a theme that reminds me of hunted house, TAF, MB and is “campy”. This seems to be it. I’m also excited to try out a game from a different company to see how the game holds up to others in my collection.

#2015 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

I think I'm falling into this camp. I've been emailing KT for the past couple of months, on and off, expressing interest, and was ready to send my deposit today. But after watching that video, I think I'm out. There's just not much to shoot at. And the AC audio, if I'm begin honest, is awful. Very disappointed as I've been a huge Spooky supporter with AMH and RZ.

Quoted from adborto:

I’m in. Great video Charlie and looking forward to seeing the next video of the game. I was worried that this would be another music pin and it definitely isn’t. The interview with Alice was awesome too. I’ve been looking for a theme that reminds me of hunted house, TAF, MB and is “campy”. This seems to be it. I’m also excited to try out a game from a different company to see how the game holds up to others in my collection.

Where is the video?

Everything I've seen all you can hear is TNA, or just background noise.

It's extremely hard to make a decision without any real idea how audio sounds, and virtually no gameplay.

Kind of feel like if Spooky are confident in their product, they should have held off the orders another week or so to get some footage out there.

#2016 6 years ago

I believe this is the link to the latest video.

https://www.facebook.com/SpookyPinball/videos/1743478652380021/

#2017 6 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

There's just not much to shoot at.

The video was really bad. In person, the game shoots well and lots to shoot at.
I played a bunch of 1 ball games on it and each one I just focused on hitting each shot. They all feel good and are smooth when you hit them. Appropriately tight shots in my opinion.

I dont think there is much code on the current prototypes as they just switch from the old board system to P-roc system the week before TPF. My assumption is that it will be equal quality to TNA since all the same components (are they using the Danesi base box?).

#2018 6 years ago

Today is the day! Celebrate!

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#2019 6 years ago

I know this is a silly question and wishful thinking, but I noticed none of the communications from Spooky said anything about shipping (or shipping being extra). I assume there will be shipping on top of the other costs?

I was heavily considering ordering this morning, but all said and done with shipping and the couple extras I would like (shaker and knocker) it's close to $7,000. Not sure I am ready to lock in with a deposit yet based on that cost and the limited video we've seen...

#2020 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I played a bunch of 1 ball games on it and each one I just focused on hitting each shot. They all feel good and are smooth when you hit them. Appropriately tight shots in my opinion.
I dont think there is much code on the current prototypes as they just switch from the old board system to P-roc system the week before TPF. My assumption is that it will be equal quality to TNA since all the same components (are they using the Danesi base box?).

I'm curious, have you played Houdini? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

#2021 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'm curious, have you played Houdini? If so, what are your thoughts on it?

yes, played 4 different examples now. This is not really the thread for it, but in short I wont be buying Houdini.

#2022 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

I know the cost and this is not even remotely true. I was shocked with how little the markup was.

#2023 6 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I assume there will be shipping on top of the other costs?

There was for TNA. I would assume there will be for this as well.

#2024 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yes, played 4 different examples now. This is not really the thread for it, but in short I wont be buying Houdini.

I think it's appropriate, being that AC seems a bit tight, and in my opinion Houdini is entirely too tight, it needed one less shot. But thanks...

#2025 6 years ago

That's not much better. Think I'll be holding off until there's some better video.

#2026 6 years ago

Thinking I'm going to sit this one out for now. Never was an Alice Cooper fan, but was really impressed with how the game looked at reveal. I was all set to jump in this morning, but my more rational side is realizing there just isn't much to go off of, especially since I have not played it. It looks cool, but no idea how it plays. Houdini looks cool, but I really HATE that game. Plus, with so few rules, not sure what there will be to do here. No offense Chuck, but all the bricking in that video didn't help a ton. And while I'm not necessarily a "flow" guy, I wouldn't really consider looping an orbit to be flow. I didn't see how many shots actually string together. Couldn't hear much audio either, but I think I agree with the critique of Alice's voiceovers.

Regardless, no huge red flags, but probably too many question marks at this stage.

#2027 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Thinking I'm going to sit this one out for now. Never was an Alice Cooper fan, but was really impressed with how the game looked at reveal. I was all set to jump in this morning, but my more rational side is realizing there just isn't much to go off of, especially since I have not played it. It looks cool, but no idea how it plays. Houdini looks cool, but I really HATE that game. Plus, with so few rules, not sure what there will be to do here. No offense Chuck, but all the bricking in that video didn't help a ton. And while I'm not necessarily a "flow" guy, I wouldn't really consider looping an orbit to be flow. I didn't see how many shots actually string together. Couldn't hear much audio either, but I think I agree with the critique of Alice's voiceovers.
Regardless, no huge red flags, but probably too many question marks at this stage.

Completely agree. I'm even up right now still contemplating pulling the trigger. Just something is off for me. It sucks because I love horror. Game still has potential but they gotta liven up Cooper's voice a little bit and really kill the code.
Maybe it's the missing pop bumper too

#2029 6 years ago

My order is in as well. Going with the blue powder coat.

#2030 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Have to agree and I don't like being negative as it should be a great game.

That video should not have gone out as it did nothing to highlight any of the game's selling points.

I would get another one done ASAP!

#2031 6 years ago

I hope I have a low number as I bought 3 previous games and followed the slightly confusing instructions. I do wish spooky would have used a web ordering system for deposits as it would record timing etc appropriately.

Proof and I waited until 1 second after 8:00 CST to order, which was 9:00 my time.

spooky order sent (resized).jpgspooky order sent (resized).jpg

#2032 6 years ago

In on this Spooky!!

#2033 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

I hope I have a low number as I bought 3 previous games and followed the slightly confusing instructions. I do wish spooky would have used a web ordering system for deposits as it would record timing etc appropriately.

I'm pretty sure she is sending an e-mail with instructions for deposit payment and that is how the placement is done.

#2034 6 years ago

Constant email refreshing for the next hour

#2035 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I'm pretty sure she is sending an e-mail with instructions for deposit payment and that is how the placement is done.

Now that I say that I think I am wrong, maybe you do need to e-mail or call them. Facebook quotes this "Spooky Pinball LLC Email [email protected] or call 815-541-0054 ... email works best! Phone is blowing up."

#2036 6 years ago

Sent in my deposit to Joe @ PinballStar. Wonder if I'm considered to be a previous customer if my TNA hasn't shipped yet (and is a few months away).

#2038 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Already sent payment info. She is probably going to have 200 emails. I think it should be by when the email was sent. It's way too easy to piss people off with this.

I think they should have done

Preorder for people who have bought 4 or more Spooky games on Friday
3 on Saturday
2 on Sunday

Everyone else on Monday. That would have rewarded the most loyal customers and encouraged others to buy more games for future orders.

#2039 6 years ago

Curious how this whole ordering process shakes out. Put my order on via email as they requested but now wait for instructions on sending deposit payment.

#2040 6 years ago

Emailed and waiting....

#2041 6 years ago

Out for now. I was an AMH and RZ buyer. Loved AMH, but didn't care for RZ. This looks more RZ than AMH... heck, its almost like a spiritual sequel. I love the art and the castle walls, but i am going to need more to go on before taking the plunge.

#2042 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballwil:

Please give me the name of the guy who can direct print 5 panels straight to wood and do 2 layers of auto clear coat for $10 extra... would love to hire him today.

We can't even laminate the standard decals for $10 extra.

I do apologize for not getting more game play video out there... the board switch over ate a ton of time and well, deadlines have to be met. If you aren't confident, don't purchase... no worries. With a little luck it will get to MGC and a Jack Danger stream before it sells out.

Games are moving fast!!! That much I know. Back to work... we want TnA to get as caught up as possible prior to Alice shipping.

#2043 6 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements / Spooky distributor is OPEN to taking orders now ! Yee Haw should be a fun day here and at Spooky ! I LOVE reveal and initial order taking days - gets the blood pumping ! : )~

Email Joe at [email protected] to order or to get our ordering email sent out this morning !

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
570-357-0042 (best to please email today...)
[email protected]

#2044 6 years ago

Hi Charlie,

I sent my order in via email @ 9EST . Should I expect KT to contact me for the deposit payment sometime soon?

#2045 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Sent in my deposit to Joe @ PinballStar. Wonder if I'm considered to be a previous customer if my TNA hasn't shipped yet (and is a few months away).

YES you are - Got you covered Andy !
Joe

#2046 6 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I sent my order in via email @ 9EST . Should I expect KT to contact me for the deposit payment sometime soon?

She's getting caught up (not really! Lol) but as long as you sent her the email reply with options, etc... good to go! Email holds your spot in line just fine.

#2047 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

She's getting caught up (not really! Lol) but as long as you sent her the email reply with options, etc... good to go! Email holds your spot in line just fine.

Awesome. Thanks for the info Charlie.

#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Forgot my plastic protector option and DBA coindoor! I’ll still wait for KT to contact me for the deposit so she doesn’t get ANOTHER email in her inbox to really confuse things

#2049 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Forgot my plastic protector option and DBA coindoor! I’ll still wait for KT to contact me for the deposit so she doesn’t get ANOTHER email in her inbox to really confuse things

Good call... and we can always add the extras in later.

#2050 6 years ago

Email sent at 8. My First pin! My dad's favorite musician was Alice Cooper. Alice Cooper was his screenname for everything online. My dad passed away of cancer in July last year. I love you dad and this pin is for you!

Thank you Charlie and the team at Spooky for giving me something to remember my awesome dad by forever!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 0.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 64.00
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
East Rochester, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 300.00
There are 5,659 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 114.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-pinball-3rd-game-500-units/page/41?hl=spelunk71 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.